Dark nights in Moonlight.

By Corrupt_Allure

Maisie Pines or as she prefers to be called Dipper, was bound to marry a boy by the name of Pacific Northwest... More

1☙
3☙
4☙
5☙

2☙

341 11 2
By Corrupt_Allure

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴ-ʟᴀᴡs

«────« ⋅ʚ.ɴᴀʀʀᴀᴛᴏʀ.ɞ⋅ »────»

"What if Pacific and I don't like each other?" Then Stell was about to say something but was shut up by a glare from Ford,

"Do you think your mother and father Liked each other?" To Dipper that was a low blow especially since their parents have been dead for 4 years now and Dipper response was just as snappy as Ford's,

"I don't know what about that husband of yours that got locked up, didn't you like each other?" Dipper hit equally as low as she did with her husband Fiddleford.

The poor man had been on the case of Jack the Ripper, the brutalities that he saw just drove the poor man to insanity, seeing women with their throats severed by two deep gruesome cuts, and the lower part of the abdomen being ripped open by a deep, jagged wound, it looked very similar to a child ripping open their presents on Christmas day.

The poor victims also suffered Several other incisions on the abdomen were caused by the same knife.

Dipper knew this because she had snooped through Ford's dresser drawers, looking for some type of adventure since she was forbidden to go outside anymore and found Ford's ex-husbands letters each one getting less legible by the letter.

The scenes were just too gruesome for the poor gentleman which made him loose his marbles, sent to his lonesome and took his own life because he was still haunted by the poor women's open stares as he looked over their bodies for clues, their glassy eyes from unshed tears as they were ripped apart, guilt that these unfortunate victims hadn't had their justice because of his failures and Ford had never seen him again since he had hung from a rope.

The carriage was quiet, so quiet that you can hear a pin drop. Stell And Maxwell dare not to speak a single word. Ford's pale brown eyes dug into Dipper's mocha orbs.

Maxwell decided that he couldn't take the silence anymore,

"So You've certainly hooked a winner this time, Dippy, I bet you'll think he's so handsome and wanna have a lot of babies with him!" Dipper rolled her eyes, god she wished sometimes that her brother was a girl, than Maxwell could be the baby factory instead of her.

"Now, all you have to do is reel him in." Graunt Stell winked in her direction causing that icky feeling to return to her. Her stomach in tangles and she felt as if she was going to vomit all over the floor,

"I'm already reeling Graunt Stell." Dipper was seriously about to lurch all over the expensive rug of the family's carriage. She decided to distract herself from the groggy feeling with a question,

"Shouldn't Pacific Northwest be marrying a Lady or something?" That was one thing gravity falls was okay, with out of all the other things like women being restricted to being baby machines and slaves to the kitchen, the one thing was that they were okay with different financial groups marrying.

That was the one thing that shocked Dipper that it's okay to be poor and marry a millionaire during this time in gravity falls but not for women to be free and independent of being just weak and useless things that were flashed off by their mostly husbands.

I mean it could've been a lot worse, they could've been disgusted and have every poor person beheaded or hanged for even being associated with the rich but most people treat everyone with respect and normality.

"Oh, nonsense! We're every bit as good as the Northwest's." Stell said with a confidence that Dipper will always lack.

"So Dip-dop, you excited to meet the soon to be Archduke?" Maxwell wiggled her eyebrows attempting to bring a lighter mood.

"I've never even spoken to him and now in a few hours I'll be married to him." Dipper rolled her eyes at her shitty situation and huffed out her sentence hoping to get Maxwell off her back,

"Good that's one thing we have in our favor." There's the good new bitchy Ford. Still as salty and bitter as goddamn ever.

"Wendell silence that blasted coughing." Ford had yelled up to the poor red head that drove the carriage.

It wasn't Wendell's fault that he was forced to breathe such horrible air in his family's home before moving into the Pines manor. Wendell's home was full for black mold and axe debris.

Dipper heard Wendell's voice speak again,

"We're here." And every Pines stepped out of the carriage, Ford fixing Dipper's hair making sure she didn't look like a disgrace in front of the Northwest's.

A woman answered the door, a big fake smile plastered onto her botox-ed face. Her lips were a pale neutral pink and her hair a sandy brown styled straight down. Her pale blue orbs were dead, like there was no life held within them, not anymore.

"Ah the Pines, come in." She ushered them in with that same eerie smile plastered onto her face, it was so sugary sweet that it cause Dipper to cringe.

"Now, let's discuss our little arrangement." Dipper knew that their 'little arrangement' was that Dipper would provide the Northwest's wealth and Pacific would benefit the Pines by giving them the status above that of a grouping of higher up merchants.

Dipper honestly thought it was disgusting in honesty, but since her family would benefit more from their deal, she decided not to say anything.

As Maisie heard the sounds of her heels clicking along with the other three women all in a disorganized manner, Mrs. Northwest walked past a large stair case and Dipper couldn't contain her curious nature of what the rest of the home looks like.

With a stop, Maisie let everyone go on without her, not interested of hearing things she already knows.

Mocha eyes shined with excitement as pale hands grip the railing of the expensive marble stairs. Step after step taken with such care and per-caution, the marble caused her heels to be the predominant sound that echoed of the empty walls.

Once dipper reached the top of the stairs, the bottom of her foot hitting a soft shaggy surface and she smiled looking back to see that no one had heard her reach the top of the stairs quietly.

With that she took off, excitement rushing through her veins of exploring a new place, especially since Ford never let Dipper outside anymore afraid that she might get 'dirty'

Dipper silently wondered the halls each more eerie than the last, one hallway was just full of bizarre art and the one she was currently in had family pictures.

The thing Dipper noticed was they were just family portraits and they were massive, about the size of the family's ego. But Pacific, he was one of the portraits, it was the most smallest portrait she had ever seen.

The picture itself was about the size of her entire hand, hidden away between the others, like his parents were ashamed of him.

Maisie let her fingertips touch the delicate glass that held the painting behind it, her nails touching his face. She understood what it was like, being the embarrassment of the family, the one everybody forgot about.

Maybe, just maybe she could learn to like him or build a higher level with him than strangers.

Before she could part her lips to gasp due to her corset, Maisie was noticed to be missing from the rest of the pines.

"DIPPER! Where are you?! We have to get ready for the wedding!" Great Dipper thought, another outfit, just when this gown just wasn't enough they have to stuff her in another one.

With a sigh, Maisie parted her fingers from the framed picture and ran a solitary knuckle down his cheek like a tear.

"Well, I'll see you soon enough."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4.5K 39
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
465K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
587K 9K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
74.7K 3.3K 19
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...