My High School Life [Rewritte...

By angellover254

(The first installment in the 'My Life' series.) "Whoever said, 'the more you lie, the easier it gets' was wr... More

1. [Isabella]
2. [Isabella]
3. [Amanda]
4. [Isabella]
5. [Isabella]
6. [Isabella]
7. [Isabella]
8. [Isabella]
9. [Isabella]
10. [Amanda]
11. [Isabella]
12. [Isabella]
13. [Isabella]
14. [Thomas]
15. [Isabella]
16. [Jason]
17. [Isabella]
18. [Jason]
19. [Thomas]
20. [Isabella]
21. [Isabella]
22. [Isabella]
23. [Thomas]
24. [Isabella]
25. [Isabella]
26. [Thomas]
27. [Isabella]
28. [Isabella]
29. [Jason]
30. [Isabella]
31. [Isabella]
32. [Isabella]
34. [Thomas]

33. [Jason]

457K 6.7K 2.8K
By angellover254

I couldn't believe it. Today was the day when everything will finally be disclosed—the Charity Basketball Game. Just as I was about to head inside the locker room, Rachel had called my name and caught up to me. Before I could even protest, she spun me around and pulled me down the hall. When she deemed we were far away for anyone to hear us, she let go of my hand and looked up at me.

    "You ready?" A smile was on her face. Though I couldn't really tell if she was being sincere or not. I'd never been able to read her and I wasn't going to try to now.

    "Yeah." I knew I was nervous, and the crack in my voice proved it. I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but when she tracked me down the other day, I couldn't say no. I wanted Isabella once and for all. She was falling for Thomas. I knew she was. I didn't understand how or why she did, but I could see it in her eyes. It was the same look she'd given me all those times in the past.

"You remember our plan right?"

    I scoffed at her question. Like she would even let me forget about it. She'd been drilling it in my head for the past week. "Of course."

    "Repeat it to me then," she demanded. Her voice didn't sound pleasant at all.

    I sighed, but did as I was told. "When the basketball game ends, find Isabella. Bring her to the school's cafeteria, and then confess my feelings for her," I recited like a speech.

    She smiled, patting my shoulder. "Perfect. I'm so glad you're finally confessing your feelings to her."

    "I guess . . ." I still wasn't sure why she was helping me in the first place, but I didn't want to think about it too much. I didn't need to know what's going on inside her head. She was helping me, and that's the important part.

    "Look, you can trust me." I raised a brow at her sentence. "When you confess your feelings for her, she'll definitely break up with Thomas to be with you," she reassured me. I nodded, and pushed all doubts aside. I knew Isabella liked me once. There's no way her feelings for me wouldn't return if I confessed. Even Rachel thinks Isabella will break up with him once she knows. Isabella has to like me more. She just has to.

    "You think so?" I asked once again.

    "I know so." She smiled wide. "Do your side of the plan, and I'll do mine." She winked. I watched her turn around, and before I chickened out, I grabbed her wrist. She looked back at me. "What?"

    "I'd been meaning to ask, but what exactly is your side of the plan?"

    Her mouth tugged up slightly at my question. "Don't worry about me Jason and just do you part." She pushed my hand away and left me standing outside the gym. I knew she was up to something, but I honestly didn't care. She promised me Isabella. As long as she kept her word, she could do whatever she wanted.

Once I was inside the boy's locker room, I heard Thomas and Gabe's voices immediately. Wanting nothing to do with Thomas right now, I hid quickly so they wouldn't spot me. Knowing Gabe, he'll probably drag me over. And right now I don't want to hear Thomas talk about Isabella and be a part of that conversation.

I heard some rumbling noises as Thomas laughed. "Sorry man, I guess I wasn't really paying attention."

    Gabe laughed as well. "Thinking about Isabella again, aren't you?" Of course he is. I bet he's only doing this game for her. Show off.

    "Yeah. So what?"

    "Nothing." Gabe chuckled. "You must really like her."

    "I really do . . . I think I might actually lo—"

     "Hurry your asses up! The game is about to start," someone yelled into the locker room. Then the door slammed.

"Tell me later man, right now we need to get out there!" Gabe then rushed past me, completely oblivious of my presence. I didn't even have to wait a minute before I saw Thomas following suit.

    Knowing that I only had a few minutes to get out there myself, I hurried to my own locker and stripped my clothes off. I slipped into the basketball uniform they had given us earlier and made my way out. By the time I caught up with the rest of the team, they were already warming up and taking their shots. As the crowd cheered and screamed, I looked for Isabella. I knew she was here. She wouldn't miss it for the world since her precious Thomas was here. I could feel a smile forming when I saw her sitting with Amanda and Thomas' sister, Megan.

    I was only able to wave hello, and then I was pushed towards the middle of the court. Apparently they wanted to start the game instantly. Seeing that it wasn't an official basketball game, normal rules were out. First team to fifteen baskets within two quarters wins, and this year I was playing against Thomas.

    Thomas gave me a grin as he saw me, and wished me luck. I gave a half-hearted smile in return.

    "Alright, on the count of three," the referee said. He blew his whistle and tossed the ball up in the air. I was about to smack the basketball to my own teammates when Thomas got in my way, and literally pounded the ball away from me. It bounced off the ground, and Gabe on Thomas' team grabbed it, and started dribbling towards the opposite side. When he was close to the hoop, he passed it to Thomas last minute. I clenched my teeth together as I saw Thomas making the first shot. The crowd suddenly went wild and yelled his name.

    "Go Thomas!" My stomach stirred with unwanted feelings as I saw Isabella on her feet cheering him on. I looked towards his direction and I saw him waving happily at her. I shook my head and focused my attention on the game instead. Focus, Jason. You need to win this for her. You need to show her you're better than Thomas—way better.

After fifty-nine minutes of playing a neck-to-neck game, it was coming down to the wire. There was only one minute left, and we were tied. Thomas had the ball and when all was lost, he suddenly stopped running. The crowd dropped their hands as they all stared at Thomas with confusion on their faces. What the hell is he up to? Does he want to lose or something?

    "Can I have everyone's attention, please?" Thomas asked.

    "What in the world are you doing!?" Gabe shouted at him, his green eyes on full alert. He looked like he wanted to smack him.

    "You'll see." Why the hell is he even doing this? There's only forty seconds left and unless he wants us to win, he better shoot. Or I'll do it for him.

    "Hey Izzy! Will you give me a kiss if I make this shot from right here?" he asked, causing the crowd to go into an uproar. They all started whispering to themselves as they tried to find this so-called 'Izzy' Thomas was talking about. Of course, I knew she was sitting directly in front of him. But now that I realized he only paused the game to announce his ridiculous thoughts, I wanted to take that ball out of his hands and throw it against his face instead. There's no way he's going to make the shot anyways. He's literally on the other side of the court.

     "What?" Isabella's cheeks turned scarlett while Amanda laughed quite loudly, might I add, next to her.

    "You heard me," Thomas said, a permanent grin etched on his face. "You better decide fast, otherwise time will run out."

    I glanced at Isabella—it looked like she was debating whether or not to agree, but not even a second later, she nodded. I sighed. Why did she have to say yes? "Fine, just hurry up and shoot!"

    "That's all I wanted to hear," I heard him say, and then the ball went flying. We watched as the ball hit the backboard, causing the ball to spin around the rim, three times, until it finally fell in. My eyes widened in shock as the timer went off, going to zero. Everyone stared at Thomas, gawking that he had actually made the shot. No. Fucking. Way.

    Thomas pumped his fists up in the air in victory, his teammates congratulating him. "Come on Izzy, get your cute face down here." He motioned his hand for her.

    For perhaps a split second, it looked like every muscle in her body froze, the shock fully taking over until it shattered completely. In its place, a smile had crept onto her face. It stretched from one side to the other as she met him halfway on the bleachers. "Thomas, are you crazy?" she shouted over the screaming fans. "What on earth are you doing?"

    "Oh come on . . . did you forget about your promise already?"

    "No, I thought I could give that to you later . . ." she said, and glanced at all the faces staring at them.

    He shook his head. "Not in a million years would I wait to kiss you." He didn't even waste a second to kiss her lips. I looked away, not wanting to see them kissing any longer. It was bad enough that I had to see her leaning into him and enjoying the kiss, but the entire school was cheering them on. I couldn't believe they approved this.

    Seeing a flash of red, I looked up to see Rachel's long flowing hair. She gave me a wink and a shake of her hips as her signal. I took a huge breath in, knowing it was time. I waited until Thomas was inside the locker room to start my plan. I didn't need him ruining it.

I put on a loose smile as I made my way over to her.  "Hey, Isabella."

    She returned a smile as she saw me. "Hey Jason, good game!"

    "Thanks . . . Listen, can we talk?" I asked.

    "Um . . . Sure?" Her face washed blank with confusion. "About what?"

    "Not here." I shook my head. "Let's go outside where it's more quiet."

    "Okay, just let me tell Amanda where I'm going first."

    I lowered my head as I watched her run up the bleachers. She mumbled something to Amanda and then to her sister. I saw her give her set of keys to Amanda, and then she was bypassing the many faces of the crowd, making her back to me. Even when she was doing mundane stuff like walking, she was breathtaking. It was the innocent look on her face that made her so pure.

"Ready?" Keeping my patience, I extended my hand outwards, waving her to go first. Once we were outside the gym, I grabbed her hand, and led her down the hallway, only stopping when we reached the school's cafeteria; the place Rachel and I'd agreed on.

"Listen Isabella, there's something I really need to tell you," I began, taking a deep gulp. Licking my dry lips, I clenched and unclenched my clammy hands together. Calm down Jason. Just do it like you had practiced.

    "What is it?" she asked.

    "Well um, for starters—" I paused, eyes downcast. "—I've u-um, liked you for the longest time."

    I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt when she didn't say anything. I could literally feel the fear in my chest waiting to take over. It felt like it was grabbing me by the tongue and drying my mouth up even more.

"You w-what?" I saw the shock registered on her face before she could hide it.

    "I've liked you ever since we were kids," I repeated with more confidence this time.

I watched quietly as the colors in her face drained, her body going stiff.  "Kids? But how? I just moved here a couple of months ago."

Great. She's still lying. She may have fooled ninety percent of the student body, but I wasn't stupid.

    "No, Isabella. You didn't." I saw her eyes widened at this. "Isn't that right, Isabella Ace?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This story isn't over. And I haven't given up on it. I lost all my motivation for my writing, but there's 9 chapters left, and I will try my best to update.

Thank you Zeezy786 for making the cover banner :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 2.7K 169
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
865K 28.2K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
105K 1.4K 29
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...
49.8K 2.2K 36
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.