missing pieces|| bucky barnes

By -BUCKYBXRNES

"i've seen you somewhere." "maybe cause i was known as the winter soldier? "no, not because... More

cast
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
completed !

eighteen

9.8K 239 166
By -BUCKYBXRNES

•••

"HEY LOSERS, GET up it's christmas." tony's voiced echoed throughout the tower. alexa groaned, it being seven thirty. peter was most likey the first one awake, and being the little kid he was, probably jumped onto a sleeping tony to wake him up.

alexa rolled out of bed, slipping on the goofy christmas onesie rhodey got her. she walked out of her room, steve and bucky leaving their rooms at the same time. the supersoliders were in hilarious christmas sweaters that alexa bought for them and some sweats. bucky and alexa looked at each other for a split second.

"merry christmas steve." alexa smiled, bringing steve into a hug. steve left a kiss on the top of her head. "merry christmas sweetheart."

alexa then turned to bucky, their kiss from last night fresh in their minds. it was a little clumsy, nervous, careful, then a bit heated. their lips pressing urgently against each other under the mistletoe. all alexa could think about was how soft and sweet it was.

"merry christmas buck." alexa said, a tiny smile on her face. bucky's lips quirked up, bucky bringing her into a hug. he kissed her forehead, holding her tight.

"merry christmas doll." bucky pulled back from the hug, him smiling softly. she grabbed steve and bucky's hand, pulling them as she struggled to walk towards the elevator.

steve and bucky looked at each other as they tried not to move, a grin on their faces. steve was trying to hold back a laugh, yet was unable to when alexa almost slipped and fell on the wooden floors from her fuzzy socks.

she stopped trying, letting go of their hands. she turned to face them, a frown on her face. she crossed her arms over her chest, pouting her lips.

"you two are mean, c'mon i just wanna go upstairs with you guys and open presents with the team like the family we are." she said, bucky chuckling. he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, him and steve walking with her to the elevator.

"alright doll, let's go upstairs." bucky kissed her temple, alexa looking up at him. they looked at each other, them knowing exactly what the other was thinking. steve noticed the weird tension, him confused.

friday brought them up to the main floor, everyone settling into the kitchen for breakfast. pepper and aunt may wanted everyone to eat before they opened presents, especially peter.

"merry christmas everyone." alexa said, a chours of 'merry christmas' and 'you three look ridiculous' was heard around the room.

"shut it rhodes, you got this for me." alexa pointed out, rhodey laughing. alexa took her seat next to natasha, natasha smiling softly at alexa.

"merry christmas lexa." natasha said, alexa bringing her sister into a hug. she held onto natasha tight, nat smiling.

"merry christmas nat."

everyone ate breakfast, sam having tears threatening to spill at how hyper peter was.

"jesus how much sugar did this kid eat?" bucky asked, sam wiping his eyes and calming down his laughter.

"let's just say i told may i helped him make chocolate milk, yet it's coffee." bucky shook his head, yet his lips quirked up.

"hes gonna be bouncing of the walls sam." sam nodded, letting out a disappointed sigh.

"see i didn't think of that when i thought of the idea." "yea i can tell."

everyone cleaned up quickly, and headed into the living room for gifts. tony tackled alexa into a hug at the new black sabbath t-shirt.

"it's to make up for the one i ruined in the lab." a chaste kiss was left on alexa's temple.

alexa got steve got a new sketchbook, knowing he was almost out of pages in his old one.

alexa got clint new hearing aids, knowing clint had older ones and didn't tell anyone that they were slowly wearing out. she figured it out when he started to sign to alexa a week ago.

alexa got natasha a necklace with a heart, matching alexa's heart necklace.

alexa got peter a book, instead of the book milk and honey, it was the book, milk and vine. peter hugged alexa tightly, knowing she'd be hearing him quoting vines more often, and she loved it when her and peter confused tony.

everyone finished opening presents at around nine, them all bringing their gifts to their room. steve and alexa went to change for church, bucky stopping them.

"hey steve, lexa," bucky called out, the two turning around.

"what's up buck?" steve asked, bucky swaying back and forth in the middle of their living room.

"can i um, go to church with you guys?" steve smiled widely, first at bucky, then alexa.

"of course you can. go get dressed." alexa said, grinning before she headed to her room. she put on a light blue dress that was right above the knee, with black heels. she curled her hair quickly and put on a bit of makeup. she grabbed her clutch, leaving her room. steve and bucky walked out of bucky's room, steve helping bucky find church appropriate clothes.

steve was in a blue button down shirt with dress pants and dress shoes. bucky was wearing a white button down shirt with dress pants and dress shoes.

"ready?" steve asked, the three walking to the elevator. bucky subtly noticed the thigh holster through her dress. steve didn't notice bucky sneak a knife under his clothes, for worse case scenario.

"yessir." alexa answered, smiling at steve. bucky wrapped his arm around alexa's waist, her leaning into the subtle touch as they went down to the garage. his head bent down, his lips ghosting the shell of her ear.

"we need to talk later, you know?" bucky whispered, alexa sighing. she really hoped he wasn't gonna bring it up. she nodded, sighing.

"i know. after mass." bucky nodded, a kiss left on her temple. the two walked to steve's blue corvette, steve and bucky in the front and alexa in the backseat.

"if you drive any slower steve, you're gonna make us late. you know how packed it is christmas day." "ya know, telling me this won't make traffic move faster."

alexa sighed, leaning back in her seat. the three eventually made it to church, on time. they sat in the pew, not to close to the front yet not in the very back. alexa sneaked her hand into bucky's, seeing how anxious he was.

they knew mass was starting as the choir started singing.

bucky spent his first christmas mass in seventy years with his best friend and the girl he was falling for, singing joy to the world.

•••

"alexa, you're making dinner for the team?" clint asked, alexa throwing her hands up in the air.

"why is this so shocking? plus, bucky and natasha are helping, so it's not gonna taste like total shit." clint rolled his eyes, alexa smiling widely.

"but seriously, why do you think i cant cook? i've cooked for you multiple times, and natasha, and wanda, and- hey don't turn your aids off- fine." alexa and clint signed back and forth angrily. natasha walked out of the elevator, onto her floor. she cocked up an eyebrow.

she tapped clint's shoulder, signing to him to turn his aids back on. he did so, natasha sitting next to him.

"oh nat, i have to talk to you, and wanda. it's like, really important." natasha's eyes widened, telling friday to get wanda here asap. wanda made her way out of the elevator 30 seconds later.

"friday told me it was urgent." wanda said, walking towards the three. alexa looked at clint, and she stood up.

"clint's too much of a blabber mouth when it comes to my secrets." "alexa you're being a bit dramatic." natasha gave clint a look, a mischievous smirk on clint's lips. the three walked to natasha's room, nat shutting the door behind her. they sat on the bed, alexa nervously playing with her sweatshirt sleeve.

"you kissed bucky." wanda said, alexa's eyes widening. natasha nodded, alexa's jaw dropping.

"how'd- what- huh?" alexa was exasperated. natasha smirked, her and wanda chuckling.

"come on, the way you two were acting this morning was, odd. you had this weird tension between you two. i told wanda and she figured it out." natasha said, alexa sighing.

"yes, we kissed. under the mistletoe in our living room." alexa confessed, wanda and natasha dramatically going 'awe.'

"and now he wants to talk about it. do you think he doesn't wanna go that way in our relationship?" alexa asked, natasha scoffing.

"lexa, he's head over heels for you. trust me. he wants to take it in that direction. don't read to much into it." alexa nodded, sighing.

"i haven't had many real relationships, and i've had undercover ones but those weren't even real. i have zero clue what to do, or how to ease into this." wanda places a comforting hand on top of alexa's.

"bucky doesn't know what to do either. this is his first relationship in seventy years. you two will figure things out together." alexa nodded, smiling softly.

"okay but how was it? is he a good kisser?" natasha asked, alexa knowing that natasha knew the answer to that.

"he is, it didn't last long. after we kissed we awkwardly walked to our rooms and i proceed to slam my head against a wall." wanda rolled her eyes, alexa laughing.

"miss micheals, sergeant barnes has requested you. he says you two 'need to talk'." alexa sighed, getting up.

"tell him i'm on my way." alexa said, the three walking out of the room. she said goodbye to the girls and clint, the girls wishing her luck as clint had no idea what they were talking about. he sent a thumbs up anyway.

the elevator doors opened up to her floor, seeing bucky on the couch. she took a deep breath, and stepped out of the elevator. she took the seat next to bucky, them facing each other.

"i know you wanna talk about what happened last night." alexa started, bucky nodding.

"yea. i really like you lexa, and i've been meaning to do that for a while now." alexa smiled, taking bucky's words in.

"i really like you too buck, and i've wanted to kiss you for a while now as well." bucky smiled, glad she felt the same way.

"if you want to take this relationship to the next level, to boyfriend and girlfriend, we can. if you're not ready for that, then it's okay. we'll take things slow. lex i haven't done this in seventy years. i really hope i'm doing it right." bucky said nervously, alexa smiling.

"you're doing it right, at least i think. buck i haven't had a real relationship in a long long time. i have zero clue on how to do this." alexa motioned with her hands between the two, bucky nodding in understanding.

"i think, since now we both know how we feel, cause we've been dancing around this topic for the past six months," bucky chuckled.

"i'm okay with being boyfriend and girlfriend," she stopped, bucky nodding. "but let's take things slow, not rush into things."

"yea, i like that idea." alexa and bucky smiled, glad they both felt the same way.

"would kissing you again, be rushing into things?" bucky asked, a innocent smile on his face.

alexa chuckled, a grin unable to leave her lips. "no, i don't think so." alexa placed her hand on the nape of his neck, slowly pulling him close. bucky softly pressed his lips against alexa's, warmth filling bucky's chest as they shared a sweet kiss. bucky's warm hand held her face, thumb rubbing her cheek lovingly.

they pulled away for a second, bucky pulling her back to kiss her once again. their lips molded perfectly against each other, bucky feeling alexa smile into the kiss. they pulled away, the pair smiling.

"i could definitely get used to that."

•••

"there is definitely something going on between them, you know? it's like they magically got closer, if that's even possible." tony said, arms crossed over his chest. the team was in the gym, all working out together. it's been two days after christmas, and new years was coming up.

bucky and alexa were doing hand to hand combat, alexa taking bucky down. tony and steve watched alexa giggle as bucky playfully rolled his eyes.

quickly, bucky pushed alexa off of him and bucky pinned alexa down underneath him. they stayed like that for a few seconds, before they watched alexa give a smile and knee bucky in the balls without hesitation. he groaned, jumping off of alexa.

"pretty sure i can't have children anymore."

"sorry hon, you just wouldn't move." alexa smirked, kissing his cheek. bucky sighed, grabbing alexa and throwing her over his shoulder. she squealed, her fists pounding against his defined back.

with bucky's long hair, she would have pulled it. since it's short, she pinched his lower back, bucky yelping in pain. with that, alexa twisted down his body and wrapped her legs around bucky's abdomen, using her body weight to send bucky to the ground with a thud.

"there's most definitely something happening." steve acknowledged, thor walking towards them. he watched the two continue to fight, bucky getting taken down with the thighs of death move.

"is it just me, or does bucky and alexa seem like, they are together, like a couple?" thor asked, tony and steve nodding their heads yes.

"aren't you his best friend? doesn't he tell you?" tony asked, steve nodding.

"yes he tells me things. yet something happened christmas day that i don't know about." tony hummed, acknowledging the statement.

"maybe they kissed fianlly." "who knows tony. i'm not gonna ask him if he doesn't wanna talk about it yet."

"we could always ask fri-" "tony no, that's invading their privacy. they'll end up telling someone when they're ready, if anything is even happening."

tony frowned, walking away to have a pull up contest with clint. peter walked up to steve, nervously.

"hey, um steve? could you help me with this one move?" peter asked, steve clasping his hand on peter's shoulder with a smile on his face.

"sure thing kid, what's the move?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 12.4K 39
"What do you remember, Bucky?" I asked him. He didn't answer right away. I waited patiently. "Just the outlines of my life before HYDRA. Growing up i...
22.2K 644 40
She was the gem of SHIELD, the one that everyone knew of, but no one had seen or met, except Nick Fury. She was talked about by everyone, all hoping...
1.1M 27.3K 73
What, never heard of her? Typical. She has more kills than the Winter Solider. She was taken when she was 4 for her powers. When she escaped she dec...
2.3K 41 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...