The Graveyard Shift

By Dragonslayer43240

You had just graduated from high school a few months ago. Now, you're unemployed and can barely pay your apar... More

Welcome To Freddy Fazbear's Pizza!
" The Funhouse Of Death "
Old Scars
The New Employee
Vincent
The "New" Animatronic
Important Questions
The Good, The Bad, And The Angry
Nothing Is As It Seems
A Friendly Talk
A Neat Little Bow
" The Fazbear Incident" - What Happened?

If Its Not A Plan, Its A Perfect Plan

888 19 15
By Dragonslayer43240

Quite a few different thoughts were rolling through your mind as you pulled into a parking space at the Pizzaria. One of the most prominent ones was about the dreams you had been having. It was like someone, or something, was attempting to warn you about something. But what? You thought back to your latest dream. It showed Cal, who's soul was stuck inside the Payne animatronic. It also showed Shara, and it looked as if her soul was inside the Toy Foxy animatronic. 

You didn't understand. Afton had told you that Shara quit, as she was moving to a different state. It struck you as odd, though. Why would she join up, only to quit the next day? You didn't have an answer, but you knew that there was something deeper in this place, and that might just be a good enough reason to stay and fight off the demonized animatronics. With a sigh, you got out of you car and walked inside. 

Much to your surprise, Afton was sitting at the front desk. He greeted you cheerfully, a smile glued to his face. " (Y/N)! I'm glad you're here. Now, today, you have been assigned to Kid's Cove with Scott. We have a big party scheduled, and we need you to make sure that the Toy Foxy doesn't get torn up! " He said cheerfully. Something must've gone right for him today. Nevertheless, you made your way to Kid's Cove. It was quite the coincidence that you were scheduled with Scott, though he probably had something to do with it. You walked into the room, noticing that the Toy Foxy animatronic seemed more pristine than usual. 

Scott looked up as you entered the room. " Glad you showed up. " He stated. You looked at your watch, noticing that you were still ten minutes early. " When do you even show up here? I mean, you always seem to be here before me. " You asked, staring at him. " Uh, I tend to get here around thirty minutes early, " He responded. " Y'know, just in case something, uh, happens. " You shifted your gaze away, looking back at the Toy Foxy animatronic. " What about her? She seems to have gotten an upgrade. " You said, gesturing at the animatronic in front of you. 

Scott just simply shrugged before responding. " I guess so. Afton didn't really tell- Wait... You just called it a her, didn't you?" He turned towards you as you realized that you did indeed say that. " I guess I did... It just gets, kinda confusing with everything about Seth and all. " You said, still looking at the animatronic. You didn't really know whether Shara was inside the suit or not, but you wanted to find out. You didn't really know how, but you were sure it would happen. Sooner or later. After all, you seemed to be the only person that Seth remembered, so would the whole business with Shara be the same way? You didn't remember greeting her, or even telling her your name for that matter. 

" So uh, are you going to help me set up, or are you just going to stare at the animatronic all day?" Asked a voice from behind you. You turned around to look at Scott who was standing behind you. " Yeah, right. I probably should. " You and Scott got to work gathering the chairs and tables to set them up in Kid's Cove. While you set up said chairs, you could've sworn that the Toy Foxy animatronic was moving. You while you tried to just pass it off as you imagining things, the evidence was hard to ignore. You had to face what your dream had told you. Seth was stuffed into a suit, and his soul became tied to it. Shara was stuffed into a suit, and her soul became tied to it. Someone was going to get stuffed into the Toy Bonnie suit, and you didn't know who. 

A pair of footsteps let you know that Scott had returned with the last set of chairs. You turned around to look at him, only to realize that it wasn't Scott. It was Vincent. He pretended to look hurt at the look you gave him. " What? You don't like seeing your pal?" He said in a mocking tone. You were about to ask him where Scott was when you realized that this would be the perfect time to see what would happen between him and the animatronics. You looked at the chairs in his hands, and pointed over at the table next to you. " Those can go over there, at the table next to the stage. " You told him, fixing up the final chairs at your table. 

Vincent mumbled something under his breath before setting up the last few chairs. He didn't seem to really care about the animatronic sitting in front of him, that is, until it spoke. The Toy Foxy animatronic powered on when Vincent drew near, drawing itself to it's full height. Again, you realized just how tall these animatronics were. Vincent's face went pale as he watched the animatronic turn towards him. He didn't know whether Shara's soul was tethered to the suit, but he didn't want to really find out. Vincent stepped back, trying to keep his eyes on the animatronic. 

" H-H-Hey there Kid's! I hope you're having a whale of a time!" The animatronic said in a bad pirate accent. Vincent sighed with relief, color returning to his face. You, however, didn't feel the same way. You kept listening to the animatronic's speech. Something didn't seem right about it. It was as if two voices were speaking, each saying different words. The first voice was the most prominent one, the voice that was attempting to entertain an imaginary audience. The second voice was hardly a whisper. You couldn't make out most of the words it was saying, but you didn't like the words you could make out. 

Revenge, Kill, murdered, eviscerate, and butcher were among some of the words you could make out. You looked over at Vincent, who was calmly setting up the last of the chairs. He didn't seem to be hearing any of this. Lucky for him. You tried to block it out, but the voices wouldn't go away. The animatronic kept speaking in its bad pirate accent, greeting it's imaginary audience. You shook your head. Maybe you were just imagining it. After all, you weren't getting much sleep with all of these nightmares you were having. Maybe you should quit. 

You thought about it. If you quit, maybe the nightmares would stop. You would definitly not have to deal with any of the killer animatronics on the nightshift. The only problem would be getting a different job. But hey, getting a new job was always better than dying. No, you told yourself, I've got to finish what I've started here.  You sighed, leaning up against the wall. You suddenly got a throbbing headache, as if someone hit you with a hammer. You put a hand up to your forehead, gritting your teeth in pain. 

Images flashed through your head. The room around you darkened, until it was pitch black. You and the animatronic was the only things visible in the darkness. The animatronic turned to you, it's eyes missing. Black streaks of oil were dripping off of its face. Crying seemed to emanate from the animatronic. Suddenly, it collasped to the floor, torn apart so much that almost none of it's plastic exoskeleton was left. You stepped back, bumping into something. You turned around, and saw the child you had seen on your first few days on the job staring back at you. " Who are you?" You asked, still backing away. " Why are you doing this?" You became aware of being Payne standing in front of you. His eyes were missing as well, the same black streaks dripping down his face. Cal was standing next to him, though he seemed different. 

He was shimmering slightly, his face turned towards the ground. You turned back towards the child, who was shockingly close now. " Why do you keep doing this?!" You demanded, tears now streaming down your face.  Then, thoughts that weren't yours answered your question. It's a warning. 

You woke up on your bed in a cold sweat. The dream was so real... you couldn't even tell if it was a dream. Demoralized and dreading having to return to the pizzaria, you dragged yourself out of bed. After fixing yourself a cup of coffee, you began to take a hot shower. The water on your back seemed to wash away some of your worries, and you came out feeling better, but only slightly. Now sipping at a cup of coffee, you finished getting ready and headed to Fazbear's. 

(...)

You watched Vincent carefully from your position in Kid's Cove. Everything had played out the same in your dream, up until this point. The only thing that didn't happen was with the animatronic. You looked at it, checking to see if it was talking. It wasn't. The Toy Foxy animatronic was unresponsive for the time that you were in here. " Unless you like watching me and my muscles work, I would like some help over here (Y/N). " Vincent said, breaking you out of your trance. " Yeah, I'll get those last few chairs for you. " You replied, grabbing one of the chairs. The large party was still on, and it was expected to get a little messy.

And messy it was. The party people was mainly composed of snotty little children, with only a few tired adults watching over them. You didn't really count, but it looked like there was twenty or thirty people in the group. Vincent looked over the crowd, mainly staring at the children creepily. You nudged him in the side. " Staring's rude. " You mumbled in his ear. Vincent just shurgged. " Is it? They don't seem to mind. Look at that kid over there. " He said, pointing to one of the kids that were standing away from the bulk of the crowd. He was holding what looked like the latest smartphone in his hand. It was covered with stickeres from various kid's movies, making it no doubt his. " What's he gonna' do with that? Lick it? Some of these parents just... It's not the greatest decision. " He continued. 

" Vincent, we're here to make sure they don't try to shit on the floor or anything like that, not contemplate what these parents do. " You said, not looking at him. There was no response from Vincent, or maybe you just couldn't hear him over the squeals from the children. You sighed, deep in thought. You didn't really know what to do anymore. Sure, you had a plan for the nightshift, but what about the day after that? What about the day after that? You had to face it: This job was getting more dangerous by the minute, and it would get to a point that you would either have to die, or quit. You made up your mind. You'd leave this god forsaken place after you finish the nightshift. 

(...) 

You checked your watch once more in the warm night air. You had shown up early for the nightshift, hoping to have a talk with Scott before he arrived. A pair of headlights drove into the parking lot, stopping right in front of you. Scott got out of the driver's seat, and walked up to you, followed by Mike. " Thought I'd bring some, uh, extra help along. " Scott explained, gesturing towards Mike. Mike grinned. " But I've, uh, been looking around the building for a good place to hide. You know that door behind you in the nightguard's office? Uh, I think Mike and I should be behind there. " Scott said, looking around nervously. " Where does that door even lead? " You asked. Scott shrugged. " I don't really know for sure. I think it was the janitor's closet before we moved that to behind the Main Stage. " Scott answered. 

Mike stepped forward. " We should probably stop lollygagging, and get into position. I wouldn't like to be standing right here when Vincent waltzes into the building.  " Scott nodded. " Right. " The three of you walked into the dark building, flashlights tearing through the darkness.  You looked around, making sure that the coast was clear. There was no active animatronics in sight. You made your way to the office, only to stop right outside Kid's Cove. You looked inside, at the animatronic that was on the floor. " What's wrong?" Came a voice from behind you. Mike walked up next to you, looking at the mangled Toy Foxy animatronic laying on the floor. " Shiiiiit... Boss-man isn't going to be too happy. " He mumbled. You shook your head slowly, and proceeded to the office. 

Once you got inside, you put your flashlight down on the table. You had about five mintues before Vincent arrived. Scott had used his ring of keys to open the door. It was just an empty room, filled with nothing but a layer of dust. You sat back in your chair, waiting. Soon, there was a pair of footsteps walking towards you. You shone your flashlight at the dark hallway in front of you. Vincent raised his hands to shield himself from the light. " Hey! Could you turn that thing off?" He yelled to you. You did what he wanted, and let him walk into the office. " Damn, I never noticed how bright that thing is. " He said, gesturing to your flashlight sitting on the table. 

You checked your watch again, noting that the shift had started. " Back to business. " You mumbled, tossing the tablet at Vincent. He barely caught it. He began to wind up the music box, and you began checking the halls. " The hell-?" Vincent faltered, looking up at you. " What's wrong?" You asked. " It's Toy Foxy. She's moving... Like Payne. They seem to be working together. " The blood drained from your face. This wasn't good. You had barely survived when there was only one angry killer animatronic, and now there was two. " At least the others appear to be stationary. " Vincent continued. You began to look around the office for possible escape routes, when you noticed a camera watching you. " Uh... Vincent? Has that camera always been in here?" You asked. " We've got bigger things to worry about right now (Y/N)!" 

You sat back down on the chair, flashing your flashlight occasionally down the hallway. There was a loud clanking noise, coming from somewhere in the building. As it got nearer, Vincent moaned. You looked over at him. His face was completly white, and it looked like he was shaking. He fell to the floor, trying to cover his ears. He was drooling down his shirt, but he didn't seem to notice it. You grabbed his shoulder, but immediatly let go. He was soaked in sweat. That was it. You had finally had enough. " Scott! Mike! Help!" You yelled. 

Immediately, the two burst out of the small room that they were hiding in. Scott looked down at Vincent on the floor, and the receiver on his head rumbled a little bit. You ignored him, and shoved the tablet into Mike's arms. You grabbed your flashlight, and shone it down the hallway. The Toy Foxy animatronic was standing inside, looking more torn up than it did before. One of it's arms were hanging uselessly off to the side, and it's jaw was unhinged. It stared into your flashlight, still not moving toawards you, or back to where it came from. 

Vincent moaned again, still clawing at his ears. His fingernails were bloody. You stared back at the Toy Foxy animatronic, and flickered the light on and off. It eventually left, moving to somewhere else in the building. You checked the vents, and realized in horror that it was all a distraction. Payne crawled out of the vent, entering the office. You stiffened, trying your best not to move. You didn't really know if this would actually work, but it was worth a try. The others copied your response, even Vincent, who was whimpering on the floor. 

Payne didn't move, looking over the entire office. Then, you heard a small shuffle from next to you. It was Scott; he was trying to move away from Payne. Then, he tried to sprint down the hallway. It didn't work. He got clotheslined by Payne, and fell to the floor. Then, Payne used his hook to lift Scott up by his "Head". There was a creaking sound that came from inside, and Payne cocked his head to the side slightly. You had had enough. With a yell, you jumped at Payne. You took him surprise, but you just werent heavy enough to knock him over. 

A growl came from Payne, and tried to shake Scott's off of his hook. Another creak came from Scott's head, and cracks started to snake their way around it. You launched yourself at Payne, this time joined by Mike. Then, Payne leaned down and bit Scott's head. There was a terrible cracking sound, and then Payne tossed him inside. He fell in a motionless lump on the floor. You felt frozen, staring at Scott laying on the floor. He... looked like he was dead. Filled with a new rage, you climbed onto the desk and jumped onto Payne. 

You grabbed at any wires you could find, attempting to pull them loose. You were able to pull one out, but you didn't know what it did. Mike took his chance, grabbing Vincent and dragging him to safety. Eventually, you pulled another wire out. There was a sparking sound, and Payne fell to the floor. Not missing a beat, you ran over to Scott's body. His head was, quite literally, in a shattered heap. A tear fell off of your face, and you pushed away some of the shards with morbid curousity. You almost cried out in happiness as you realized that the phone head was just a mask. Scott's eyes opened, and he sat up. He stared at Payne laying motionless on the floor. " I... What happened?" He asked, his voice lacking the slight static that it had before. 

He reached up to his face, and realized that his mask was destroyed. You noticed all of the scars crisscrossing across his face. He had a lot of them. It almost looked like one was recently made; a scabbed over cut on the side of his face. You hugged him, all too scared that he had died. " I can't believe you're alive!" You gushed. Scott looked confused for a moment, then remembered what had happened. " I'm glad I had my mask... Wait. My mask. " Scott walked over to the shattered mess, and sifted a hand through it. He put something in his pocket, and stood back up. " How'd you get those scars?" You asked, starling Scott a little bit.  He didn't answer, instead staring sheepishly at you. " They, uh, are uh..." He trailed off, not wanting to answer your question. " Forget I asked. We should probably go find Mike and Vincent. " 

You walked down the hallway, but not before you gave Payne a kick to the side. You walked over to to the Main Stage, ignoring that the animatronics on the stage were watching you. " Mike? " You yelled out into the darkness. " You there?" Then, you got an idea. You pulled out your phone, and called Mike. It tooka few moments, but there was a ringtone echoeing from the other side of the building. It was immediatly muffled, but it gave you enough of a direction to work with. You motioned for Scott to follow you, and you walked back to the direction of the ringtone. 

You were lead back to the office. You noticed that Payne was no longer lying on the floor. After a quick search around the office, you concluded that Mike wasn't in here. Strange, you could've sworn that you heard his ringtone. An idea came to your mind, and you checked inside of the vents. In the second one, Mike was cuddled inside. He looked out at you. " Thank fucking god. I thought that I might have to stay in here all night.  " He then turned his attention to Scott, to where he stopped talking. " What... Scott, what happened to your head?" He asked, his mouth slightly agape. 

Scott scratched the back of his head, and you noticed that the bandages on his hands were coming loose. You could see a small amount of skin, covered in scars not unlike the ones on Scott's face. " I, uh, the phone head was just a mask, that I uh, made. " Scott answered after a small silence. Mike turned to you, not speaking. He didn't have to, as he would've been cut off by a very familiar pair of heavy footsteps. The night was far from over. 

You turned to the hallway, seeing Payne standing next to Toy Foxy. You almost laughed. You had forgotten that you were in danger. Mike decided to voice what was on everyone's minds. " Well... Shit. " He said, staring at the two animatronics. Toy Foxy advanced on the trio standing in the office, causing them to step back. Payne, however, stood still. Scott also stayed still, dropping to his knees in some sort of surrender. The Toy Foxy animatronic stepped up to him, twitching slightly. 

You saw that child, staring at you from the hallway behind Payne. It didn't move, but you got the message. You stepped back, watching the scene unfold. Mike was frozen in place, staring. You grabbed him by the arms, restraining him as Toy Foxy picked Scott up, and began to walk out of the office. Mike struggled, screaming profanities. You were calm, however. You knew what was going to happen. Toy Foxy was hit by some sort of force, causing her to crash into the floor. Scott was released, to where he hit his head against the wall. Hard. 

The force that had knocked down Toy Foxy was Payne. Something inside of him had snapped, and it seemed that Cal was the one controlling him now. Toy Foxy began to stand back up, but was stopped by Payne's foot pressed against her chest. Payne leaned down, observing her like a predator observing its prey before eating it. Toy Foxy didn't move for a second, seemingly confused. It didn't take her long to retaliate though. She grabbed Payne's foot and pushed him away, One of Payne's metal claws caught her on the chest, drawing a massive gash. Toy Foxy got up, and stared at Payne. Payne didn't wait to go on the offensive, leaping forward and snapping at his target with his surprisingly sharp pair of teeth. 

You watched as the two animatronics fought. Payne obviously had the upper hand, ripping and tearing his target into shreds. You looked up at the camera that was watching this whole ordeal. You didn't really care about it. You let go of Mike, calmly walking over to the desk and grabbed the derringer that lay inside. You didn't know why it was in there, or how you even knew it was in there, but it didn't matter. You pulled the gun up, aimed, and shot out the camera like you'd seen in the movies so many times before. The loud gunshot snapped you out of your trance, and you looked towards the two animatronics. They froze at the sound of the gunshot. Payne growled at Toy Foxy, then retreated into the darkness. 

Toy Foxy definitely got off worse, almost all of her plastic endoskeleton torn away, revealing the inside workings of the animatronic. That didn't matter, though, as you looked over to Scott. He was lying in an expanding pool of blood, unconscious. You ran over to him, and turned him over. He had a long gash across his back, blood spilling out of it. " Mike! Call 911 now!" You yelled. You looked around for something to stop the bleeding. You couldn't see anything, so you took off Scott's shirt. His entire body was enveloped in the scars. You took a moment to stare at all of the crisscrossing scars, questions leaping to your mind. 

You didn't want to think about that know. You pushed his shirt against the wound, watching as the blue of the nightguard uniform began to change into a darker color as it soaked up the blood coming from Scott. Mike ran over to you. " Paramedics are on their way. " He said. " We need to get him out to the front. " You nodded, grabbing his legs. You and Mike picked him up, carrying him to the front of the building. You ignored the other animatronics, flashing them with your flashlight to make sure they never moved from their spots. 

Finally, you burst out into the warm night air of Arizona. You took a deep breath, and set Scott down on the pavement. The blood had soaked through his shirt, and he had gone pale. He didn't have much time left. In the distance, sirens began to wail. They came closer, until an ambulance showed up. The paramedics immediately hopped out, rushing to Scott. They put him on a stretcher, shouting orders to each other. You felt numb, like this wasn't happening. Maybe it was a dream. Please be a dream. You knew it wasn't. Everything was real. This was happening. Scott was dying. Another set of sirens showed up on scene, this time it being the police. 

The ambulance left, leaving you and Mike to the police. Of course, they had questions. They offered to take you and Mike to the hospital to stay with Scott, but you declined. Mike didn't, wanting to go and check on his friend. You didn't want to watch Scott die. The police took Mike to the hospital, and dropped you off at your house. They said that they'd tow your car to you by the morning. You thanked them, and walked into your house. You didn't turn on the lights, instead sitting down at your excuse for a dining room. 

You sat in the dark for hours, staring at nothing. You didn't think about anything, just watching the shapes in the shadows morph in and out of each other. You had had enough of your job. Good pay or no, you weren't going to watch your coworkers die. You would go in tomorrow, and let Afton know how you felt. Yeah... You'd show him. You fished around in your pocket for your wallet, just to make sure it was still there. Your hand grasped upon something cold, and you realized you had brought the gun with you. You took it out, inspecting it in your hands. You looked down the barrel, your finger on the trigger. It would all be over. No more pain, and you wouldn't have to worry about living anymore. You stared down the barrel, enticed by it.

(...)

You pulled into the Fazbear parking lot, making note that Scott's vehicle wasn't here. Neither was Mike's. You stepped out of your car, rubbing your tired eyes. You hadn't gotten any sleep yesterday, or at least, it didn't feel like it. You pushed into the restaurant, and looked around. It was entirely empty, except for Afton staring at the animatronics on the stage. You walked up beside him. " Beautiful, aren't they? " He said, looking deep in thought, " I'm glad that we have Fritz here. He fixed up Toy Foxy beautifully. " He turned to you, staring behind you instead of at you. Somehow, that was more intimidating that him actually looking at you. " Mind telling me what happened last night? And why one of my best workers is in the hospital?" You gulped, looking down. " No. " You said, not looking at him. " I'm sorry?" You looked back up at Afton. " No, I will not tell you what happened last night. " You said, looking him in the eye. Afton raised an eyebrow, unamused. " Is that so? Because I'm sure Vincent would like to tell me. " " That's fine, because I quit. I won't stay here to be a part of your games anymore. " You said to Afton, an edge to your voice. You were met by something you didn't expect. Afton chuckled, an shoved the barrel of what looked like a revolver against your stomach. He knelt down and whispered in your ear. 

" No, you don't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 680 14
You were a Nightguard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. After your partner didn't show up, the Animatronics ended you. Well...kinda. You possess the new ani...
16.9K 445 23
***DISCLAIMER: OUTDATED LORE*** You're hounded by your father to get a job or do something with your life. Despite your age, you still considered you...
1.4M 40.1K 26
You have just started your new job at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, desperate for money. You didn't pay attention to what the job was about except the p...
513K 8.7K 72
Y/N applies for a job at an unknown pizzeria what will happen after all the rumors about the place