Light of the Midnight: You Ar...

By KaidoKurahana

"She'll take control of me. I can feel it." Emerald Star and Nightwing's happiness is about to change, with t... More

One: Re-enter Hanabrie!
Two: The Awaited Moment
Three: Wrong
Four: Achieved
Five: Ropes
Six: Mind Games
Seven: Most Important
Eight: Finding
Ten: Sparkling
Eleven: Visitor
Twelve: Weaknesses
Thirteen: Broken Glass
Fourteen: Not So Happy Birthday
Fifteen: Protecting A Rocket
Sixteen: Secrets In The Night
Seventeen: Beginning of Things
Eighteen: Where I Am From
Nineteen: Falling Apart
Twenty: Important
Twenty One: Rainy Sadness
Twenty Two: Paris!
Twenty Three: Discovery
Twenty Four: Goodbye Best Home
Twenty Five: Rescue
Twenty Six: Impaled
Twenty Seven: Home
Twenty Eight: Newest
Twenty Nine: Watcher
Thirty: Facing Truth
Thirty One: Lessons
Thirty Two: More
Thirty Three: Keeping Peace
Thirty Four: What Fun
Thirty Five: Recognized
Thirty Six: At Fault
Thirty Seven: Love Quarrels
Thirty Eight: Space Emotions
Thirty Nine: Richabrie the Detective Couple
Forty: Dawnting
Forty One: Breaking or Broken
Forty Two: The Best
Forty Three: Friends Of All Kinds
Forty Four: Companionship
Forty Five: Away From
Forty Six: Shoot
Forty Seven: Memorabilia
Forty Eight: Witch Boy vs. Emerald Star
Forty Nine: All's Well That Ends... (Part One)
Fifty: All's Well That Ends... (Part Two)
Fifty One: Terrified
Fifty Two: Descreetly Saying Goodbye
Fifty Three: Constellation Without Stars
WATTY VOTING HAS OPENED!

Nine: I Return

4.6K 140 33
By KaidoKurahana

"Now that everyone's here," I began, shooting a glare at La'gann and M'gann who took their time, "we have a mission."

The images of three different sorcerers flickered up onto the screen. "These are Earth known techno-sorcerers, one of which has been to Belle Reve, two which have been offered League Membership but declined out of love for the peaceful life. Mckenzie, Broadway and Puller."

Chris McKenzie had been put in Belle Reve by Hal, Misty and I a few years ago when he was sixteen. He reached his release and is out now. Juanita Broadway is a fairly aged food critique and Henry Puller is a middle-aged lawyer with a family.

"The three disappeared about four days ago. Nighwing, Superboy and I visited the areas where each sorcerer was last seen. In each place we- I, found traces of the aura of Klarion the Witch Boy."

Saying his name out loud felt so odd. The expressions of the team were clear, since they all knew about my history with the Lord of Chaos.

"Five years ago, Witch Boy began experimenting on Dark Faery, AKA Raven Blight," I brought up my old friend's file. "He used different energy forces to infuse her body with power, including his own red techno-energy and both of my green and bue energies. At one point, he did try to steal the Helmet of Fate to use with her, but failed; thanks to us."

"So, now he wants to use these other sorcerer's powers on Dark Faery?" Robin asked.

"We belief so. However; the weapon he created out if Raven Blight's body is in fact called Chaotica. I'm sure most of you remember the incident of November 5, 2010."

"When adults and children were split in different dimensions," Misty recalled.

"Exactly. The work of Witch Boy. He used Chaotica in the battle we had against him. Due to the raw energy she radiates, I received severe burns of energy. Adding the three missing sorcerer's powers to her will only make her more unstable and dangerous."

I opened up the globe hologram, which had four different red dots flashing. "I have located the aura's of the sorcerers. They are placed in separate places around the Earth, most likely in the hold of some of Klarion's loyal servants from the Witch World. When fighting them, only doge their attacks and aim for the animals they will have with them. Injure the animal, their grasp on this dimension will be released."

"What's the fourth dot?" Blue Beetle asked.

"That, I believe, is where he is keeping Chaotica in containment. We need to get her-...the weapon out of his hands. That, at this point, is priority."

I turned the hologram off and turned my full attention to the group.

"Nightwing, you'll run Alpha. You're mission being to track down Chaotica via her coordinates. Miss Martian, Wondergirl, Bumblebee and Wolf. You're also Alpha. Take the Bio-ship to Forks, Washington."

Alpha squad began to leave. Nightwing looked back at me with a blank expression. I wonder what Klarion is in for, if he is there.

"Viper, you'll run Beta. Take the Super Cycle to Detroit; use this tracker to locate Juanita Broadway. Robin and Blue, you're also Beta. Superboy, you'll lead Delta. You, Misty, Orion and Phoenix will take the Denominator to Canarvon, Western Australia. Track down Henry Puller." I handed Viper and Superboy the trackers, before the two sqauds left.

I turned to the remaining team. "Batgirl, you're taking the lead for Gamma. I'll create a portal to Boston. You, La'gann and Beastboy will track Chris Mackenzie," I handed over the tracker.

After walking over to a clearer space, I kneeled down, placed my hands flat on the floor and opened a portal. The giant blue and green star opened in the ground.

"Good luck," I said, before they jumped into the portal. It closed behind Beastboy. I stood, before collapsing.

"Woah; careful Hana," Mal said, coming over to help me stand. I told him that portals drain my energy. We watch as the teams tracker's spread all over the world map.

"These missing sorcerer's friends of yours?" Mal asked.

"Juanita and Henry? Sure. Chris; not so much," I began telling Mal the story of how Hal, Misty and I managed to catch the little brat. 

"Beta squad to cave. Blue and Robin took out the sorcerer's familiars. They returned to their own dimension and Miss Broadway is now in our custordy. She says hi. Viper out."

"Acknowledged Beta. That's one down. Delta; report."

"K-Kind of busy!" Misty's voice came back through the com in a struggle. "I thought Australia had hot weather; it's freezing!"

"Acknowledged Delta. Alpha; report."

"We've found the source of Chaotica's aura. It's a warehouse, but we're having trouble getting inside. We'll report back with progress."

"Acknowl-"

"Beta to cave; we're under attack. Same guys have returned from their dimension. Fire fight in process," Viper's voice suddenly said.

"Acknowledged; remember that familiar's are their weakness. Gamma; report."

There was no reply from Batgirl, La'gann or Beastboy. "Gamma; report." I tried again.

"Gamma?...Batgirl? Come in. Beastboy? La'ga-"

"They can't report. They're a...little tied up," A voice said.

"Who is this?"

"What's wrong, Emerald Star? Don't you remember the voice o the people you imprison?"

"Chris McKenzie? The squad is there to save you!"

"I don't need saving," he said darkly, before the com clicked and Gamma's signal dropped out.

Mal looked at me with worry. Alpha, Beta and Delta are busy. Perhaps that leaves...

"Take command," I said to Mal, handing him the main com and taking out a squad one. I kneeled down and opened a portal to Boston, jumping through and landing on the roof of a gas station.

Silently, I crawled over the roof-top to a sky light. Looking through, I could see Batgirl, La'gann and Beastboy tied up and knocked out.

Using mana, I removed the sky light and leaned down, looking through the shop. It was dark and empty. I dropped down into the middle, my heart racing with the feeling of being on a mission. Something I had not felt in a while.

The team were fine, they had received blows to the head, by the look of it. I opened a portal and dropped the three of them in it. The cave would have been on the other side.

"Alright, where are you watching me from? I sense your aura, Witch Boy. Where are you hiding?"

I was so ready. My senses heightened themselves. He walked out of the shadows holding Teekl. Neither seemed to have aged a day. Chris, blonde and lean stood behind him.

"Beautiful Brie," Klarion smirked, stroking Teekl's fur.

"What are you doing here?"

"I had to get you somehow."

"I see. You kidnapped the others as a distraction. The team are out of the way. You and Chris planned this, hmm?" I said, pulling my chain from my ring.

"Don't get to defensive. I only wanted to see how corrupt you had become," he smirked, coming closer.

"Corrupt?" I questioned in annoyance. He nodded.

"Taken a look in the mirror lately?"

I realised he meant the changing of my reflection. I gritted my teeth and swung the chain around. He dispersed but I still hit Chris, who went flying backwards.

"Star; report!" Mal said into my com.

"Found Witch Boy. McKenzie was a set-up," I replied. I spun out of the way as McKenzie shot a white beam of light past my head. At the end of my twirl I dropped to one knee and shot mana back, hitting him in the chest.

Knowing there was no point in this, I opened a portal beneath me and dropped through the floor. I wound up at the cave on my knees, breathing hard.

"Hana!" Garfield's voice said. I looked up and he came sprinting towards me with Viper and Blue behind him. 

"I'm fine," I assured, sitting back. "Just drained from the portals."

"You didn't get hurt?"

"No," I answered. Looking around, it seems the teams were back except Alpha and Delta.

"I told the other teams what happened," Mal said, to which I thanked him.

Blue helped me up, when Alpha walked in. Nightwing had been pushing a pod; a pod that contained Chaotica. Upon seeing me, he left her in the middle of the room and rushed over.

"Hey," I laughed nervously. "Guess my break from the field is over." 

Juanita and Henry had been saved and returned to their homes, under the instructions to re-locate. Nightwing and I were in the lounge, where Misty had fallen asleep on my shoulder.

Garfield also remained asleep on the floor in front of the sofa.

"He knew," I told Dick quietly.

"About your reflection?"

"Yeah. Said he set this whole mission up just to see how I was affected by it."

His stoney silence made his feelings about the whole thing clear. Nightwing hated Klarion with a passion. I smiled and reached up, brushing some of his hair out of his eyes.

"Could you get Misty back home? I've got to check on Raven," I asked. He nodded. I moved carefully to place Misty's head on the sofa, before walking to the Med Lab, where Raven was imprisoned.

She looked terrible. Raven had always been beautiful. Bright eyed and attentive. Her brown hair had been shortened to an awful extent. Her skin had multi-coloured veins everywhere, and she had considerable injuries.

Scanners were hooked up to the pod to monitor her well-being. I found myself staring at her with sympathy.

"Star?" Captain Atom's voice said through my com.

"Go ahead."

"Doctor Fate is at the Tower like you requested."

I frowned and threw my cape behind me swiftly. I walked into the mission room and Zeta'd to the Watch Tower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 375 8
kisah tentang sebuah kantor yang tidak bisa dipahami logika normal
633K 32K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
52.9K 1.1K 37
Arianna Hathaway had never expected her life to change in the matter of one night. Now with an unexpected life and challenges she learns she can't fa...
53.6K 1.4K 20
Young Justice Fanfic Snow, a girl with the ability to control ice. She was the odd one out in the group of villains she belonged in, feeling like eve...