Sentenced (J.JK)

By Kookieapplebts

The words you speak can save his life. Say the wrong thing and he'll be hung six feet in the air. Haha. No... More

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - Final

Chapter 20

2.9K 251 71
By Kookieapplebts

Warning: Mentions procedures of execution.

"This whole murder was staged."

-

Taehyung gasps, feeling his throat go dry. "S-so the Jeons' are still alive and breathing?"

You nod, eyes glaring at the paper in front of you, the subtle shake in your hands causing the shocking words to merge into a blur.

The room goes silent, everyone letting the fact sink in. The Jeons' aren't dead. There's no murderer-

"JUNGKOOK!" you scream when the sudden realisation hits you. "H-he is getting executed today."

"O-"

You don't even let the other's speak before you start sprinting. Your feet slap against the pavement as you run towards your car. The only thing going through your head is the brunette-haired boy.

It is at times like this that you wish you have teleportation powers, this test against time is proving to be too gut-wrenching for your liking.

As soon as you get in the car, you slam on the accelerator, the engine roaring as it lurches to a start.

~

Jungkook can't help but let his body shake as the guard leads him towards the ominous room. The room itself is quite simple, but it is what it holds in the middle of it that has the boy's feet quivering. A lone rope hangs from the ceiling, quite high off the ground. 

Jungkook was never afraid of heights, in fact, he found the whole idea of being high above the ground quite exhilarating, but this? This makes him feel anything but exhilarated.

Jungkook always thought death was something he wouldn't fear. He thought of death as a companion that ushers you into your afterlife. But now, standing meekly in front of death itself, he can't help but fear it. Can't help but let the feeling of sorrow and despair overcome him. He isn't scared, he is petrified.

"Come on now, head in there and I'll tell you the instructions."

Jungkook looks at the man helplessly before nodding and reluctantly letting his feet drag him in. The room feels cold, feel like...like death. He wonders how many other souls have been taken from here. Wonders how many other souls were innocent like him.

"Okay, kid, I'm going to lower that rope, you just have to walk over to it and place your head through the loop. If you fail to participate with these orders, you will be tased."

Jungkook gulps before walking over to the rope. He closes his eyes and counts to ten.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10

With once last deep breath, he puts his head through the loop of the rope.

The guards lets out a heavy breath before speaking, "o-okay, kid, I'm gonna pull the rope up."

~

You barge into the prison and race towards the front desk.

"J-jeon Jungkook, w-where is he?"

The receptionist looks up from her paperwork, "hmm?"

You can't help but grit your teeth. "Jeon Jungkook, where is he?!"

"Oh... hmm, Jeon? Jeon Jungkook? Um... oh that's right, he is getting executed right now. He's in the execution room."

You clench your fist before asking, "where is that room?"

The lady frowns, "it's on the third floor, why-"

You don't let her continue before dashing towards the elevator.

"No, miss, you can't go there, it's for staff only," the receptionist says as she grabs onto your arm.

"AN INNOCENT PERSON IS ABOUT TO DIE, SO FUCKING LET GO OFF ME," you scream while harshly pushing the lady. She stumbles and barely catches herself, eyes enlarging in fear.

Without another word, you hop in to the elevator. It feels like the longest elevator ride of your life, the mere minutes feel like hours, and you can't help but anxiously tap your foot against the floor.

Ding! Finally, the metal doors slide open, you take a deep breath before running out onto the floor. The whole hallway has about three rooms in total, your eyes scan around and you look for the room that Jungkook could be in.

Execution room (Do not enter unless permitted)

You lurch forward towards the door, only to find it locked. "OPEN UP," you scream while banging on the door. The sound of your fist smashing against the wood echoes through the hallway, your screams accompanying the noise.

Suddenly, a man wearing a blue uniform opens the door, a confused expression stretched across his face.

"Ma'am, what are you doi-"

You don't wait for the man to finish as you barge into the room. But the sight that you see makes you wish you never entered.

"NOOO!" you scream, tears welling up as you see the boy hanging from the rope.

"Ma'am, y-you can't be in he-"

"GET HIM DOWN, NOW!"

"Ma'am, I can't do that-"

"HE'S NOT THE MURDERER, THE MURDER WAS STAGED, PLEASE PLEASE GET HIM DOWN."

The guard doesn't budge. You scream in agitation before shoving the autopsy results in front of his face. He reads it for a bit before his eyes widen. He rushes over to the control system before lowering the rope, along with the boy.

The door to the execution room opens and you rush in, tears flowing down your cheeks. As soon as you reach the boy, you pull the rope off his neck, heart breaking at the sight of his bruised and bloody skin.

"J-Jungkook," you sob while hugging the boy. "J-Jungkook, w-wake up. P-Please."

The boy doesn't move.

"Ms, c-check his pulse."

You nod before lifting your hand to his neck. You patiently wait for a pulse.

Moment pass but you feel nothing.

"Jung-"

But then you feel it. The light sensation of a heartbeat, gently tapping against your fingers.

"H-he's alive!" you exclaim joyously. "C-call the doctor."

The guard nods and hurries off to call for help.

"Jungkook," you whisper while stroking the boy's hair.

"I-I'm s-sorry, t-this is all m-my fault," you say, not bothering to wipe off the tears that run down your face. "I n-nearly b-broke my pr-promise."

You pull his head onto your lap as you sit on your knees. You close your eyes and continue to cry as you hold him close.

"S-stop cr-ying," a croaky voice whispers.

You shoot your head up. "J-jungkook!" you exclaim as you stare at the boy. His eyes are slightly open as he looks up at you.

You cry louder, feeling your heartbreak as you see his gentle smile.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," you mutter as you grab his hand and hold onto it.

"Jungkook I-I-"

"I love you," you both say simultaneously. One voice is weak and croaky and the other is muffled by sobs.

But it sounds perfect in both your ears.

~

You squint your eyes open at the feeling of a warm hand caressing your cheeks. You look around as your eyesight adjusts and realise that you are in a hospital room.

You look up at the brunette, the owner of the hand, who is lying on the hospital bed. He has bandages wrapped around his neck and breathing tubes attached to him.

He stares at you, a gentle smile tugging his lips before he turns towards the bedside table and grabs a pen and paper.

Why are you still here?

The boy writes don't, unable to speak due to doctors orders.

You look over at the clock. 8:34 pm.

You shrug, "didn't want to leave you all alone."

The smile on Jungkook's lips widens even further at that.

He continues to scribble something onto his paper.

Have you eaten?

"no, have yo- oh wait, whoops you can't eat," you say before slightly pouting, feeling sorry for the boy all over again.

Jungkook's eyes creases with laughter. 

Go get some food.

"Yeah, okay."

You get up to leave but then you remember something.

"Actually Jungkook, I-I need to tell you something?"

The brunette tilts his head causing soft tufts of brunette hair to fall onto his eyes.

You sigh, unconsciously pushing the hair back out of his eyes as you speak.

"Y-your parents," you start, anxiety hammering your chest.  "They aren't dead."

"Wh-at!" Jungkook croaks.

"Hey hey, calm down, you're not supposed to speak."

Jungkook looks at you urgently, begging you to explain.

"Well, you see..."

~

Jungkook screams. It sounds like someone playing the wrong chord on a violin and the violin screeching bloody murder, but regardless, the boy screams.

Your eyes widen as you lurch forward to shut the boy up. "Jungkook, what the hell! You're not supposed to be speaking, let alone screaming."

Jungkook makes an expression to show his frustration before grabbing the notepad and writing hastily.

So basically my mum and dad never died?

You nod, "yep."

So I won't get executed anymore?

"Ehh, well technically no, we still have to somehow request for a retrial and have another court battle."

Jungkook's face falls. 

Oh

Your heart hurts at the sight. "Y-you don't think I can win, do you."

Jungkook suddenly looks up and shakes his head,

no! It's not like that. I'm just scared of that courtroom, it makes me feel sick.

"You feel sick because you're scared I'll lose the trial and you will have to get executed. I'm sorry, I-I should have been a better lawy-"

Jungkook tugs you by the arm, causing you to fall onto the bed.

I know you will win the trial.

"I belie-ve y-ou," he croaks, tightening his grip on your hand.

~

"Is Y/N here?" Jimin asks as he enters the office.

He mentally curses upon seeing the ravenette.

"Why are you looking for Y/N?" Ava asks, raising her eyebrow in suspicion.

"ah, haha, I just needed to give her some files that Namjoon gave me."

Ava squints her eyes before slowly nodding. "Oh, okay."

Just as she's about to turn back to her work, you barge into the room, looking exhausted.

You look up at the pair before heading towards your desk, but just as you start to walk, Jimin grabs your hand.

You turn to look at him with a confused expression.

"Uhh, I-I need to give you some files, come with me."

You furrow your eyebrows but nonetheless follow the blonde out of the office.

Jimin stops a fair distance from the office room. "Y/N, I need to talk to you."

You nod, "go ahead."

Jimin turns and eyes the office door warily before saying, "actually, how 'bout we go get some tteokbokki?"

~
You blow on the steamy rice cake, watching hungrily as the red sauce drips down its side.

"So," you ask. "What did you want to talk about?"

Jimin taps his chopsticks against the cup before placing it down. "Ava," he states, causing you to look up with a mouth full of rice cake.

"She... she fabricated that phone call on the last trial."

You gasp, "what!?"

~

"Jimin, I can't believe it, you're a genius!"

Jimin chuckles while nodding. "Well kinda, would've been useful if you knew this earlier."

You shake your head, "no, we can fix this. We need to go request a re-trial."

Jimin nods, "yeah but, they don't usually allow re-trails after the case is over."

"We need to try," you say while clenching your fist, a certain brunette popping up in your head. 

~

You walk through the wooden doors after hearing the words 'come in'. 

The judge lifts his head and slightly startles at your sudden appearance. 

"A-ah Ms, K-Kim, what are you doing here?" The judge asks, pushing his work aside. 

"Your Honour, I have a request."

The man stares at you for a while, eyes analysing your tensed form. 

"What may that be?" he finally asks, lifting his glasses up his nose. 

"I-I want to request a retrial." 

The man lifts his brow before slowly shaking his head, "I'm sorry, Ms Kim, but I can't... I can't do that. The case is already closed." 

"No, please, you don't understand-"

"You know the rules Ms Kim, it is a very difficult process to re-trial this case after it's been closed." 

You exhale before closing your eyes, fist-clenching as tears pool around your eyes. 

"P-please," you whisper. "A-an innocent person is going to die if I don't do this. Please." 

The man freezes, staring at you. He then exhales a laboured breath, "this is really important to you isn't it?" he asks softly. You nod. 

After a few seconds of contemplation, he speaks again. "Okay, fine, I will request a retrial."  

Your eyes brighten at the words and your head shoots up, "really? oh my gosh thank you so much, your honour!" 

The judge smiles, "do your best, I can see that you are an excellent lawyer, Ms Kim," he says warmly. 

You nod ecstatically, "thank you so much, I will." 

~

You enter the office, mind whirling with thoughts. 

You need to organise files and evidence for the next trial. 

You need to call Jungkook and check if he's okay. 

You need to go home and have dinner with your...stepdad. 

You need to .... god, you need to do a lot of things. 

"Oh, hello, Ms Kim," Ava greets, flashing her pearly whites in a hideously fake smile. 

You nod at her and walk towards your desk. 

"What are you up to these days? Have a lot of free time? Y' know with your client getting executed and all." 

You look up at the ravenette, you harsh glare simmering down to a look of amusement. 

"Actually," you say while walking up to the ravenette. "I'm very busy these days." 

You slam a piece of paper onto her desk, the words "re-trial" written in bold. 

"See you in the courtroom, Ms Chan." 

-

A/N: Thank you for 3K! I love you guysss! ❤️❤️

^^Baby. But also hot asf. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330 22 7
Let's just say Jimin and Taehyung are never too old for a babysitter. "In the game of life and death. There are no winners. Just survivors." WARNIN...
unknown. By ros.

Fanfiction

50.8K 3.7K 29
ใƒผ ur eyes can deceive you, dont trust them. a bangtan fic. ยฉ ownjeonn 2017
199K 4.9K 30
"You're free! Go away! Never come back!" |โ€ข| "I'm sorry... I never knew you have that history.... But i still love you.. " |โ€ข|
2.5K 259 29
Calling him my husband at that point was the safest option I could think of... for saving my child and him... ----- ยกMention of assault! Started: Dec...