Forbidden | Avatar the Last A...

Da zenthyl

Raised in the North Western water Tribe, Tasha Ayuzawa was an extraordinary girl. She was a strong willed, po... Altro

Chapter 1: The Invasion
Chapter 2: Bending
Chapter 3: Pain
Chapter 4: Village
Chapter 5: Tears of Despair
Chapter 6: Avatar Roku
Chapter 7: Opposites
Chapter 8: Northern Water Tribe
Chapter 9: An Old Friend
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: A Narrow Escape
Chapter 12: Running Away
Chapter 13: Travellers
Chapter 14: The Chase
Chapter 15: Alive
Chapter 16: The Dream
Chapter 17: Our Fates Intertwined
Chapter 18: Onwards to Ba Sing Se
Chapter 19: The City Of Secrets
Chapter 21: Growth
Chapter 22: The Crossroads of Destiny - 1
Chapter 23: The Crossroads of Destiny - 2
Chapter 24: On Our Seperate Ways
Chapter 25: The Awakening
Chapter 26: Change
Chapter 27: Fire Nation
Chapter 28: Battle Techniques
Chapter 29: Doing Good
Chapter 30: The Painted Lady
Chapter 31: Blood Bending
Chapter 32: The Day of Black Sun
Chapter 33: Old Flame
Chapter 34: Reunited
Chapter 35: Forgiveness

Chapter 20: An Unexpected Reunion

6.3K 213 6
Da zenthyl

Going back to where we left off

Tasha's POV

Stomping out of the shop in a hasty manner, I walked down the streets of Ba Sing Se, infuriated with everything. 

I was just, so angry; angry with myself, Zuko, and my life. I needed someone to be there for me. But that someone, isn't.

I stopped to catch my breath. As I stopped walking, I heard the sounds of water being flung around. I glanced around almost immediately, as I could tell what the source of the sound was: it was water-bending. 

There was a water bender down here.

I approached the source of the sound, but stopped in my tracks almost immediately when I heard the shouts coming from the far end of an alley.

"Believe me, Katara, I've changed!"

I froze. Katara was here too, in Ba Sing Se.

"Don't make me kill you, Jet!" Katara's voice was unmistakably furious. 

Wait- Wait a second.

Jet.

Why does that name sound so familiar?

As I was hiding behind the side of the wall, I was suddenly pushed forward by a massive group of people that was leaving a shop. I slipped, and clumsily fell flat on my face.

I scrambled to stand up and escape, but Katara had already caught me in my tracks.

"Tasha?" She exclaimed, her voice filled with surprise. I rubbed my forehead painfully and gave a sheepish smile.

"Hey." I greeted her.

She looked back devilishly at the guy she had pinned to the wall with her water bending.

I stood frozen as our eyes met.

Jet. he was the one that I met at that filthy ship - that freedom fighter, who keeps smirking and attempted to get closer to me.

"Kya?!" Jet eyes grew wide in astonishment. 

I started backing away nervously.

I couldn't let him know who I really was. If he knew, he would know about Zuko. And... And that will blow our cover.

I was stopped from moving further backward by Aang, Sokka, and the same blind girl I saw previously at the fight with Azula.

... What was this? Another reunion?

"Katara, what's going on?" Aang seemed surprise, and he grew even more surprised when he  saw me. "And what are you doing here, Tasha?!"

"Wait," Katara returned her attention on Jet, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. "Jet, you know who Tasha is?"

Jet squinted and looked at Katara as if she had just said something extraordinary.

"Who's Tasha? Her name's Kya." Jet said, looking over to me genuinely. I shuddered when our eyes met again. 

This couldn't be good.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Sokka complained and stared at the both of us incredulously.

"It's a misunderstanding. It's difficult to explain." I backed away slowly. I needed to get out of this mess, before Jet finds out that I am a traitor and an enemy.

"Hold it there, pretty face." The blind girl snapped, bending a rock wall behind me, preventing me from advancing into escape. My heart skipped a beat at her sudden action. Darn, she was too quick for me.

"Okay. One thing at a time." Katara clenched her teeth angrily, staring daggers at Jet. 

Just what happened between the both of them that made Katara this angry? Oh... don't tell me they were once-

"Katara, I've changed. I want to help you find Appa." Jet pleaded, his eyes showing an unmistakable desperation.

Wait, what? Their sky bison, Appa... is missing?

"What makes you so sure you're not lying to us? I can't trust you! Not after what you did!" Katara folded her arms defiantly and snapped at Jet.

"Believe me, I've changed. My gang, the freedom fighters, disbanded and I moved over to Ba Sing Se so that I can start anew. I know I've done some things in the past, and I truly regret them. I'm really, really sorry to have betrayed you, Katara." Jet apologised with sincerity.

Katara continued to look really unhappy and disdainful. "What makes you so sure that you're not lying?" She spat, looking away.

"He's telling the truth." The blind girl spoke up, and I widened my eyes in surprise. How could she tell?

"His heartbeats and pulse are regular, I can feel it. He's not lying. When a person lies, he starts to get nervous and jittery, resulting in an irregular and extraordinarily fast heartbeat."

Upon hearing Toph's explanation, Katara's face softened a little, and she took a step back. 

"Fine." She finally said, bending ice away from Jet's wrist.

Jet dropped to the ground in a huff, and he recovered quickly.

"But if you ever betray my trust again, don't ever think about forgiveness. Ever." Katara scowled, folding her arms.

"Okay. One matter has been resolved." Aang tried to chuckle, but the atmosphere was too tense for us to even feel amused. 

"Now, Tasha." He turned to look at me.

"What exactly is going on?" Aang looked at me with genuine interest.

"I-I'm here with Zuko." I finally confessed, after a long pause. I looked down to my feet, not wanting to look at everyone.

I heard a few gasps coming from the team in front of me.

"What?! What are you doing here with him?!" Katara asked, surprised.

"Who's Zuko?" Jet asked.

"Oh just some crazy fire nation guy with a ponytail. He's been chasing us all around the world just to capture Aang." Sokka replied nonchalantly. I snickered in response. Crazy fire nation guy with a ponytail? Ouch.

"Fire nation?" Jet scowled, staring at me as if I was a monster. He raised his sword in the air, as if he wanted to attack me.

"Jet! She's not fire nation." Aang tried to calm him down. "She's Katara's old friend. She's a water bender too."

"I can't trust you. You're a traitor!" Jet hissed through his teeth.

Traitor, huh?

I looked down, feeling upset over the whole thing. How can I ever to prove to them that I was on their side and completely against my boyfriend's idea of capturing the Avatar?

I glanced to my right and looked into Aang's eyes genuinely.

"I'm against Zuko wanting to capture you, Aang." I said, swallowing my words. "And I'm not a traitor. I was abducted from my tribe."

"Please believe me," I hung my head low, fidgeting uncomfortably. "I'll never betray my own morales and my own bloodline."

"What makes you so sure you aren't lying?" Jet shot me an evil glare. I grimaced at his statement.

"She isn't." The blind girl snapped. The rest of us stared at her, surprised by her sudden interruption.

"Hello? I can tell." She waved her hands in front of her eyes, probably wanting to remind us that she couldn't see, but feel. Now I get it. She's an earthbender with seismic sense. She could feel the vibrations in the ground and from people, and that's why she can tell if I was lying or not.

A demeaning silence soon followed, no one daring to speak up. I guess, they didn't want trust me at all. Or perhaps, they couldn't. Not after what I did back then at the North Pole.

"I trust you."

Aang's voice broke the silence. I looked at him, slightly surprised that he chose to trust me when everyone else doesn't seem to.

"B-But Aang! She's with that crazy fire nation jerk who keeps wanting to capture you!" Sokka retorted and glared at me. I shrank back in response.

"Can't we at least give her a chance? We all know that she's unwilling to be with that guy, more or less fight for him just to capture me!" Aang jumped up and stood in front of me, trying to defend me. "Didn't she helped us take on Azula previously? Without her, I would have been captured already!"

"Aang! What's wrong with you?" Katara snapped, placing her hands on her hips. "She just helped because Zuko was in the fight as well!"

"Stop!" I shouted, causing all of them to stop their endless bickering. They turned to fix their gaze on me.

I sighed remorsefully. 

"Look, I don't really care whether you guys trust me or not. I know I did some things that I truly regret in the past, and it's not easy to forgive me for that. It's perfectly understandable that none of you would even trust me, anyway."

I took in a deep breath and stared at the group of people in front of me.

"Thanks, Aang. I'm glad you're the first person to trust me." I placed my hand on Aang's shoulder and half smiled. He nodded his head in response.

"It's was nice meeting everyone again. But now, I really have to go." I looked down immediately and spun around. I ran away from the scene, endless thoughts running through my mind.

I must not tell Zuko about this meet-up, I told myself repeatedly. If I did, Zuko would probably just search for him and capture him, and it would be my fault that Aang got captured.

I can't just betray the only person who trusted me.

When everybody else didn't.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

216K 7.8K 27
Elara is a member of the lost water tribe known as the Moon Warriors. Her tribe had been hidden in the mountains for generations-long forgotten by th...
19.7K 867 29
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
46.5K 2K 61
What if there was someone else who could bend all four elements? Someone who was meant to help the Avatar? Meet Naya- born to a mother from the Sout...
2.5K 68 25
[UPATES WEEKLY] "I need to restore my honor. I need the Avatar. I heard that you're the best at this sort of thing." "And you heard right. I can gua...