What was Still is

Galing kay abooks5

James has come a long way from the one stop light town trying to make a name for herself in the world of cosm... Higit pa

Chapter 1: James
Chapter 2: Ely
Chapter 3: James
Chapter 4: Ely
Chapter 6: James
Chapter 7: Ely
Chapter 8: James
Chapter 9: James
Chapter 10:Ely
Chapter 11: James
Chapter 12: Ely
Chapter 13: James
Chapter 14: Ely
Chapter 15: James
Chapter 16: Ely
Chapter 17: James
Chapter 18: Ely
Chapter 19: James
Chapter 20: James
Chapter 21: Ely
Chapter 22: James
Chapter 23: Ely
Chapter 24:James
Chapter 25: Ely
Chalter 26: James
Chapter 27: Ely
Chapter 28: James
Chapter 29: Ely
Chalter 30: James
Chapter 31: Ely
Chapter 32: James
Chapter 33: Ely
Chapter 34: James
Chapter 35: Ely
Chapter 36: James
Chapter 37: Ely
Chapter 38: James
Chalter 39: Ely
Chapter 40: James
Chapter 41: Ely
Chapter 42: James
Thank You!

Chapter 5: Ely

6 1 0
Galing kay abooks5

I look down at my screen to see Jack has texted that he's already at the condo. I picked up James from the studio so that we could meet Jack in time, if all goes well we could end up with keys in hand tonight. I can schedule movers for James' stuff and with any hope by Monday morning we could be set up in our new apartment.

"I can't believe you actually found a place today, Jack must be damn good at his job considering all the stipulations we have" James says as she fumbles with her purse no doubt looking for some sort of lip stick or gloss or stain whatever she has in that thing. I feel like her purse is a magicians bag she pulls stuff out there all the time that surprises me.

"Uh yeah, well honestly this is the first thing he showed me and it meets them all so it really didn't take long." turning into the visitor parking at Grand Tower. Resident parking is under ground and can only be accessed with a code unique to each tenant.

The most attracted thing is the security guard that you must sign in with before heading to the elevator bank. This is the kind of security I need for James when I cannot be here to protect her.

As we ride the elevator up to the eighth floor I can see James start to fidget, she is shifting back and forth on her feet and her hand is starting to feel clammy in mine. She tried to pull her hand away but I squeezed it in mine. I have to keep her grounded to me some way so that she doesn't completely flip shit and try to back out of this.

As the elevator opens to the eighth floor I notice one door is open and the other door is closed. This condo has to be massive since there are only two on the floor, meaning we have one neighbor which hopefully means less foot traffic past our door, also another plus on the security front.

Turning into the open door I can hear Jack talking, it sounds like Tracy by the way he is going on. My attention is pulled back to James when an audible gasp comes from her when we step foot into the open living room. Her face is lit up, the sparkle of her green eyes bounce around the room trying to take in everything at once. I may have won this battle before we could have gotten started.

Jack wasn't lying when he said the living room and kitchen were in an open floor plan, the only thing separating the two is a long bar of counters with a kitchen sink in the middle. It's outfitted with nickel plated appliances and the cement counter tops have swirls from the workers leveling them out. The cabinets above along the brick wall are all smoked glass giving them enough transparency to be beautiful but not so much that you can't hid a mountain of Tupperware lids.

Directly to the left of the kitchen area is a small area for a dining room before you are lead out to the balcony. The living room has single pane floor to ceiling windows and the hard wood floors all look original to the factory minus the buffing that occasionally is required.

There is a long hallway to the left of the foray that leads to the bedrooms. The first bathroom on the left down the hallway is bigger than the kitchen at James', with a built in vanity to the counter. There is also some exposed brick work here. James' love for the brick is yet another aide in fighting the battle of the cost. She continues down the hall as I look into each room already finding the first one to be perfect for an office space. It has built in shelves and some more floor to ceiling windows.

If I was a betting man all exterior walls minus the one for the kitchen has these windows. And I'm not going to lie they are going to give us one hell of view.
As I continue down the hall I notice a laundry room on the left past the first bathroom fitted with new front loading washer and dryers, and another bedroom again with the windows. I'm not sure what we would do with that room but it'll be nice to have the space, guest room or maybe a child's room either way we have options.

As I step into the master bedroom I'm in awe and stop in my tracks. There is exposed brick here too and I can picture a king size bed against it. This room is far bigger than I thought it would be, the pictures did nothing to showcase its potential. I notice a small balcony, but as I turn to see the master bath I find James standing there just looking she isn't saying anything, here eyes bounce around trying to take it in. There is just an arch leading into the bathroom with a glass wall as a partition. To the right of the arch way is a huge walk in closet fitted with shelving no doubt she could fill with her shoes. Two rows to hang clothing and a massive mirror taking up most of the one wall. Directly across from the closet is the actual bathroom. A vanity and mirror bridge between the two with his and her sinks.

I step foot into the bathroom and stop in my tracks. The tub is definitely big enough for the two of us and it sinks into the floor giving it much more depth than an ordinary tub the shower is separated by a glass wall, no door just a walkway. I realize you can see the bedroom from one of the glass walls.

James stands taking it all in, I look at her and realize this is ours. I can see her in here taking a bath after a long day, and I want nothing more than to give this to her. She deserves all of this and I want this more than ever because she is in love with it.

"Oh Ely this is perfect, but in no way is this within what I can afford" she whispers taking a step towards me.

I pull my hands from my pockets and pull her into me, "it is actually because the utilities will be, it's built eco friendly so there is where it meets the money part" I say resting my head on the top of hers. In no way is she contributing to the rent or the utilities but that's is an argument we can have after we sign the lease. I knew she may buck me slightly but this was nothing like I expected.

James tilts her head up to mine, looking down in her beautiful green eyes I know she is truly happy with this place and with me. The love that glimmers in her eyes say it all.

"James this is our home, I know it is. Please say yes, please let's make this ours" I bring our lips together, tenderly but sealing this for us.

"Let's do it" she says pulling away and then pulling my head to her crashing our lips together. Without thinking I pull her up forcing her legs around my waist as I deepen the kiss completely forgetting about Jack in the other room.

A throat clearing breaks our kiss causing both of us to turn in the direction it is coming from.
"I'm going to take it that we need paperwork." Jack states gesturing to James in my arms. James slides her legs from around me so I can put her feet back on the ground I grin, "yes we need paperwork, how quick can you get them done?" I ask stepping to him with James' hand in mine.

"Lucky for you my friend, I already have it. I knew after you left the office this morning this was a one and done deal" he chuckles leading us the the bar in the kitchen were indeed there is paperwork.

"After the one year lease is up you will have an opportunity to purchase the condo. There will be yearly fees tacked on for the security offered, and parking privilege but in the end you'll pay less than owning a home. All city and county taxes are added into the fees." Jack says flipping the paperwork after we both sign on the dotted line. At the last page he points out that the section that requires insurance.

We have to carry insurance in order to obtain the lease, with a provision of flood insurance. Which is fine, no way would we not have insurance the windows look thick enough but Texas storms are no joke.

"What about the appliances?" I ask remembering the laundry closet and the brand new washer and dryer.
"Part of the deal" Jack holds out the keys.

With keys in hand we head back to the studio to pick up James' car, "I'm going to run back to my place and pick up clothes and then I'll meet you back at the apartment" I say before kissing her as she gets out of the car.

"Okay, I'll stop and grab something for dinner and maybe some boxes for my place." She is oozing excitement. I smile and wave as I pull away after she is in the car with the door shut.

Pulling up to my apartment with Emerson I jump out with a rush to get my stuff and back to James, hoping Emerson isn't home so that I can be in and out.

Telling him I'm moving out isn't going to be easy but hopefully once I tell him to keep the furniture it'll help. Neither me or James has a bed big enough to take so that is on my list to do tomorrow, find us a big ass bed. Most girls would die if they can't pick out the furniture for the apartment but not James, she's already told me to pick whatever I want since this is my apartment too.

Since she has most of the furniture for the living room I'm not worried but the pub table that seats two Is too small. Thank God dad gave me the rest of the week off before starting my new position, it was probably for me to get in some relaxation but I won't relax until we are moved in.

Pulling into James apartment I notice her car isn't in her spot. I park and call her from the car slightly worried.

"Hey I'm almost there" she says picking up after two rings, " I stopped and picked up some boxes, packing tape, and bubble wrap at the UHaul place down the road, and I just got pizza and beer for dinner" she says leaving no room for me to respond. I chuckle and tell her that is perfect. Getting out of the car and grabbing my bags I get a text from her with a kissing emoji. Smiling I make my way up to her door, dropping my stuff on the sectional I turn to meet her downstairs to help carrying in food or boxes.

I make it to her spot just as she pulls in and turns off the car. Smiling she jumps out, " Hey I was thinking... maybe we should just buy new dishes and stuff for the kitchen and I could give Whitney all of mine when she gets home. She has mix matched stuff and mine would give her a complete set." She informs me as handing over the boxes, packing tape, and bubble wrap.

"Sounds good we could go tomorrow after you get off, hows the schedule for tomorrow?" I ask juggling around the contents in my arms so that I can open the front door allowing her to head in first.

"Actually Jo ended up with a last minute appointment at the clinic to check her levels to see if they are improving. So I'm free all day" she says between bites of pizza. Not bothering with plates we eat from the box on the floor in the living room. "So I thought I'd pack some stuff tonight and then we can start the move tomorrow maybe add in some shopping." She adds causally.

I stopped chewing and just look at her as she goes through the mental list she no doubt started the moment the ink was dry on the paper of our lease.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

52.8K 1.4K 58
Sean, together with his boyfriend Blake, bestfriends Lucas and Tristan, are on their way to their adulthood. As they finished college, most of them g...
1.4M 32.2K 44
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one-night stand huh?" he smirked, "And what...
135K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
284K 9.2K 59
Samantha Jones has lived most of her life in a small village she can't await to escape. No matter her story and background, she has worked ridiculou...