Fullmetal Vampire

By RachelRose123

~Rewrite and edit of this story is called Misery Looms.~ Mysterious murders had plagued Central for a couple... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 Hawkeye's POV
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Sequel?

Chapter 4

2.3K 71 15
By RachelRose123

Hello! Thank you for all the comments, votes and views.  I get all happy inside knowing that there are people out there that are reading my book. Even having a lot of homework and it was Thanksgiving I had a lot of time to write this chapter. I left it off in a cliff-hanger so I will let you go. Now go read my book. Thanks :)

Thick silence made a home within the room. Roy was lost for words. The thought of taking care of Edward had never once crossed his mind and it almost felt like a joke when the doctor suggested that he should become Edward's parental guardian. However, there was that nagging part within Roy and his thoughts were pulled to the moment where he thought that he might have been a father figure to Edward.

Roy felt bad for Ed for all the crap in his life, losing his father, mother, and then losing his brother. Ed never got to be a child. Now, he couldn't even go out in the sun which meant that he would be stuck in Central.

Ed's life was already covered in darkness, he was trying to get to the light, to make everything right, but now, he was pushed back into the hole that he was so desperately trying to get out of. Roy looked at the doctor and he knew what to say.

"Yes, I will be Edward's guardian."

"That's good to hear. You can go see Edward."

Roy left without saying a word as everything that he needed to know had already said. Roy closed the door and looked up to see that no one was in the hallway and then he walked towards Edward's room.

His heavy footsteps once again bounced off the walls and he could lightly hear his heartbeat in his ears. Roy was nervous as he didn't know what to expect from Edward. The doctor had already said that he would be different.

Would Ed be yelling at Roy to get out or say nice things to him? Before Roy could finish the thought he stopped at the door that led to Edward's room. Roy took a breath and opened the door.

Subconsciously Roy had prepared for yelling and screaming so once the door opened Roy looked at the ground, he can't look at Ed, knowing that he was not there when Edward needed him the most. Roy stood there for a minute, there was no screaming or yelling, there weren't even any words coming out of Edward's mouth.

Roy looked up to see that Edward was once again asleep. Roy walked slowly to Edward's bed. He didn't want to wake the sleeping alchemist. Roy just looked at Edward, that's when the young alchemist's eyes open. Edward turned and looked at Roy.

"Who are you?' Ed whispered.

"I am Roy Mustang, do you remember me?"

There was a long pause before Edward broke the silence.

"Yeah, a little, but not much."

Now, Roy knew why he couldn't tell Al about Ed. Ed was a little confused about who he was and who his friends were. If Al came and Ed remembered only the horrible memories of their past and none of the good ones, Roy didn't know how Edward would react to Al. Roy pulled up a chair to the bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok, but still a little confused on somethings."

Ed said with no hesitation, his voice was easier to make out. Ed was now talking louder than a whisper, but not by much. Roy was trying to be nice to him, but it was hard not to make snarky comments about Ed height or how he looks so peaceful.

"What are you confused about?"

"Um... well, I don't remember some things about my past and how I got here. On second thought, I don't know where I am."

Roy lets out a sigh this was going to be harder then he thought.

"First, what do you remember from your past."

"I remember that I live in Resembool and that I have a brother. I remember my father leaving and my mother - Ed stop before the sentence was finished.

Roy looked at Ed and saw that there was some sadness in Edward's eyes.

"It's okay, Edward, you don't need to tell me about that." Roy paused for a moment and then continued. "I already know. Let's leave that question for now. I will tell you where you are and how you got here."

-------------------------------

Roy finished. He looked at Fullmetal and saw that he was asleep. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Roy said and then the door opened. Hawkeye was standing in the door frame.

"It's time for you to go home and get some sleep, sir."

Roy looked at her, there were dark circles forming underneath her eyes. Roy could tell that she hadn't gotten enough sleep. Then he turned to face her.

"Why don't you go home and get some sleep, you look tired. I will stay here with Fullmetal."

Roy hated to see the Lieutenant go out of her way for him. It was nice to see that she cared for him and that she'll risk her well-being for him. He couldn't live with himself if she got sick or even killed because of him. If that meant being shot because he cared then so be it. He would be shot a hundred times before he let anything happen to his Lieutenant.

"All right, you win, I'll go home and get some sleep, but this won't happen again," Hawkeye said, exhaustion had tainted her words.

Hawkeye turned and closed the door behind her. Roy was happy that the Lieutenant listened to him and he was happy that he wasn't shot for caring about her. Roy turned and sat back down in the chair letting sleep consume him.

-----------------------

The next morning he was woken by a knock at the door.

"Yes, who is it."

"It's me, Lieutenant Hawkeye, can I come in?"

"Yes."

Roy quickly blinked the sleep out of his eyes.

"How's Edward?" Hawkeye said while she walked into the room.

"He's still asleep, but I think he is getting better."

"On another note, what are we going to say to Al? He's worried sick about his brother and I haven't given him the truth to his many questions." Hawkeye said.

"Leave Al to me. If he asks you again about his brother, you can't give him the truth, that was the doctor's orders. Tell the rest of the team as well."

Hawkeye nodded and left. Roy turned his attention to Edward, who was still asleep. About 30 minutes later Edward woke up and then he turned and saw that Roy was looking at him.

"So, you're awake Fullmetal."

Ed nodded.

"How are you feeling?"

There was no answer and Roy wondered if Edward went back to sleep.

Then Ed let out a sigh, "why do you care?"

Roy was a little hurt by Edward's words, but this was how Ed was hotheaded, restless, and hated to be called short.

"Fine, whatever, don't answer me, it's not like I care."

Ed turned around so he didn't have to look at Roy. Roy knew that Edward wanted to be left alone so Roy did just that. Roy walked out of the room and walked into the cafeteria to get some breakfast.

--------------------------------

It had been four days since Edward woke up from his coma. Every day brought its own challenges. Every day, it seemed that Edward had a different mood. It ranged from being sad to happy to excitement to hated. Every day, it felt like the day was spinning more and more out of control. However, Edward doesn't remember anything from those four days.

During those same four days Alphonse kept asking them about his brother and so Roy told him the truth about Edward being shot and how he slipped into a coma, but Roy also told that the best thing for Edward was to not have Alphonse there. Even though Roy saw the hurt in Alphonse's eyes, he also knew that Alphonse wouldn't do anything that might jeopardize Edward's recover.

On the fifth day, Roy had once again walked into the hospital as the doctor called him and asked to speak to him in person. They were sitting in the doctor's office.

"Elric is being discharged from the hospital within two days. I told Edward that he has Photosensitivity, but I haven't told him that he will be going home with you. I thought it would be best if you told him." The doctor said.

Roy nodded and walked out of the room, then he walked down the long hallway to Edward's room. Once Roy got to the door, he paused, dread made a home at the bottom of his stomach. How was he going to tell Edward that he would be staying with him? Roy didn't want to think about how Edward was going to react to the information. However, there was no going back now and with that Roy opened the door.

Edward was sitting and looking at the window that had heavy black curtains hanging above that blocked out any rays of sunlight. Roy walked up to Edward, but Edward gaze never left the black curtains. A part of Roy wondered if Edward knew that Roy was even in the room.

"Fullmetal, are you okay?"

There was a tiny sad smile on Ed's face, but it was quickly replaced by a frown.

"What do you think? I can't go out in the sun, hell, I can't even see the sun anymore. It sucks, the doctor said it will go away, but how long, how long will I have to wait? Al will have to wait to get his body back, all because of me and the stupid disease." Edward yelled, but still, his gaze never left the window.

"Speaking of Al, where is he?" Edward said, a bit calmer, but the anger never left his voice.

"The doctor thought that it was best if Al wasn't here after you awake from your coma. He thought that it was going to do more damage and then good. However, I will call and tell him that it's ok to see you, but that's after I talk to you. There's something that you need to know."

"What?"

"You're going to have to stay with me. The doctor didn't think that Alphonse was going to be enough support, so he asked me to take care of you."

"Huh? Wait, what the hell? I don't need some babysitter, I'm perfectly fine and if it wasn't for this stupid disease I would have been out of this damn place by now."

"You don't get it, do you? You had been in a coma for three days, then you don't remember the past four days, and on top of that, you can't go out in the sun. You are far from fine. You need someone to take care of you. You're just a kid that needs a parent to look out for you. There's nothing wrong with asking for help."

Roy did it again, yelling instead of listening, but Ed needed to know that Roy was there for him, that he could lean on Roy and ask for help once in a while and that there was nothing wrong with that.

Ed was taken aback by Roy's sudden outburst.

"Is that all or is there more?" Ed said and before Roy could answer Edward had gotten up from the bed and was making his way towards the door. "I'm going to call Al." Then Edward walked out of the room and Roy was left alone. The words still echoing in his ears.

So, what do you think? Please tell me what you think. I like to know so that I can make it better. I forgot to tell you that Al is in his metal body and Ed does not have amnesia but with him going into a coma he has forgotten stuff about his life. It won't affect the story that much. And right now he mostly remembers everything. Thanks for reading and I will update every Friday. Have a nice weekend ~ bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 363 12
You and the Elric Brothers were great friends when you were younger. But after they attempted human transmutation, they burned their house down and l...
9.1K 403 31
The world where I am born is cruel. My country, this so small country, Amestris, is leaded by war, in hope peace would come one day. My first friends...
153K 6.1K 60
You fall to the ground, unconscious. Ed's grin turns down and his eyes widen in horror. A bright yellow light fills the room. He traces the thick bla...
11.3K 203 24
˜"*°• An unfortunate encounter with the Homonculi left Luna shattered, her time in their fortress could never be forgotten, they were the ones who ha...