Immortal Hearts

By Raenette2000

"Monsters exist. Heroes died. Hell has taken over the world, put humans into slavery, killed men, women, and... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Fifteen

1 0 0
By Raenette2000

Every night Jay and I have left the school and searched for any demon out. Unfortunately, they have been very quiet lately and it is a little suspicious. We have scouted out thirty miles within the school and tonight is the night we go out further. I haven't seen much from the guys since they are at school during the day while I sleep and I am gone at night; I do see Clint at least for a second before leaving. I actually think that this is going to work but I am still worried about not getting the answers that we need. 

I am in the bathroom and get ready by putting my black long sleeve shirt on and jeans on with my boots. I put my brown hair in a high ponytail and put my gun on my side and the dagger in my boot. Once I come out I see the guys waiting for me and I am frozen for a moment. "Hey guys." I say greeting them.

"Rose, hey, we know you and Jay have been stressed out lately so we came to help you relax." Lonnie says stepping forward.

I give a slight smile, "Thanks guys, but we are about to head out." 

"Rose, we should really take a break for the night. You know mom and dad are supposed to come tomorrow." Jay then speaks up and I can now see the stress in his eyes and it pains me. 

"I think we should go out at least tonight and if we don't find anything then we will talk with Mom and Dad and get them to give us the support we need to find answers." Jay nods because that is what he has been 

"Can we come out with you?" James asks and I narrow my eyes at him. "Please, you haven't found anything for days so you most likely won't find anything tonight, no offense." 

"You are not even on the list." Jay remarks.

"Job shadow?" James then applies in the form of a question.

I roll my eyes as James is always the one that has something to say. Then I notice that they are already dressed in their gear but they all carry a knife; they are resilient. I look over at Jay and he just shrugs and I sigh. "Fine, you can come "job shadow"." I say using air quotes. 

We then all leave the room and head outside, where Jay and I hotwire a car. "So, nobody notices that you guys leave nor that you take a car?" Lonnie asks, getting in the back as I lean against the driver's door and Jay starts the car. 

"Nope." Jay responds, smiling. "We are ready to go." 

I start to walk to the other side around the back but once I reach the back, I am grabbed and brought to someone and they apply their lips to mine. I push back and see Clint. I give him a slight punch in the arm, "Hey, can't blame me I haven't seen you for a while." He whispers and I smirk. I then kiss him back and I can sense that we have been yearning for this moment. 

"Okay, well we have to get going. Bright side, I get to be with you all day tomorrow."

"Except for when you are with your parents." I roll my eyes and he gives a small deep laugh that is cute. "Fine, let's go." I then continue walking and sit in the passenger seat as Clint sits behind me with Lonnie and James beside him. Kyle is sitting in the back and I notice that he must have seen and heard that and I just lower myself in the seat, feeling even more stress.

We ride out for an hour and still nothing and continue to ride around checking the back roads. I keep an looking out the window and I just keep thinking that there is something just right around the corner and I look at Jay and he eyes me and I know that he can sense it too. I nod my head and so does he as he pulls the car over. 

"What is it?" Kyle asks from the back. 

"Not sure. Jay, I'll scout ahead stay here."

"What? By yourself?" Clint asks, leaning forward.

"Yes, this is normal." I respond, getting out the car. I grab my gun and dagger; holding the gun, prepared to aim and my dagger in my other hand as I still have hold of the gun, in case I needed it too. I creep forward and lean against the wall and slide down, stepping over the trash down the alleyway. Once I reach the end of the wall, I take a deep breath and as I exhale I quickly step from the wall and look down the alleyway to see nothing. I sigh and continue forward, looking up, making sure nothing is on top of the building. I then stop as the pressure builds up more in me and I know I should alert Jay but not when I am this close. 

Once I reach the end of the alleway there are two more alleyways to the left and right. I look behind me and notice that have walked down far from the car that I am pretty sure they cannot see me. Once I turn back and decide which way I can go, I am then tackled and grip my gun and dagger tight to make sure I don't lose them. 

The person throws their fists into my side, I then bring my leg up and knee them. They fall back and I point my gun at them, they then hold their hands up. "Wait, I'm sorry. Stop." They say out of breath. It is a guy, younger, maybe sixteen. I hesitate for a moment but then stand my ground again. I can't let my guard down again. 

"Who are you?" I press further.

"Loo," He responds. "I'm sorry for attacking you but I am trying to survive."

"What do you mean survive?" 

"There are strict orders to get you and your brother. I am normally not this vicious but when your life is threatened it takes it to a whole new level." I move the gun further and he shuts his eyes tight, full of fear but a sign of relief, I frown and then I hear something move beside me. I move the gun over, "No!" Loo yells and then I see why; it's a little boy. He is in pajamas and his black bowl hair is adorable, he must be around four.

I lower my gun but still holding it and look at Loo, he is staring at the boy, full of worry and then back at me, begging. "They didn't threaten your life did they? They threatened his?" Loo nods and I holster my gun and dagger; then I hold my hand out to help him up. 

"Thank you." He rushes to the boy and picks him up. "This is my brother, Jin. We have been on the run from anybody who wants to kill us but a few demons attacked us and is going after everyone to get them on their side." 

"Do you know what they want with us?" I ask, folding my arms.

"No, they just said that you guys are important and can change the odds in their favor." I look down, even more confused, and of course now a little scared since this is starting to go bigger than I thought. I thought it had something to do with our parents but not anymore. 

"You need somewhere safe to live." I then say, realizing that he is starting to leave. 

"I found a place. We just need to stay low for a while." He responds and I notice he is saying that because of his brother.

"Follow me." I then say, giving him a reassuring smile. He follows behind me and I walk back to the car and the others get out the car once they see me. Jay raises his gun. "No, wait." I then demand and he lowers his gun.

Loo explains everything that he told me and then I inform Jay that they need somewhere to stay. "You're thinking about our safe house, aren't you?" Jay asks and I nod. "Okay, if you go to this spot and enter this code then stay here as long as you want." Jay writes down the address and code on a paper he got from the car.

"Thank you, so much." Loo exclaims. 

"I understand. It is different when you have a sibling." I look at Jay and we smile at each other. Jay then goes to a car nearby and hot wires it. "Here is a car you can take." 

"I suggest you two stay low as well. Not everybody is like us." We nod and then he drives off.

"Let's head back, Rose." Jay then says and I can tell that he is tired. 

"Do you need me to drive?" He then nods and I laugh. 

As we drive back Jay is asleep in the passenger seat and it is completely silent. I then hear a buzzing sound come beside me and as I look down I see that it is mom calling. I pick the phone up and answer, "Hello?" 

"Rose? Hey, we are not going to be able to come tomorrow so we are going to have to postpone it, it may be at least a month."

"Okay, that's fine."

"How have things been?" She then asks awkward.

"Fine, a few bumps, but nothing we can't handle." I respond. 

"No misstakes?" 

"No. Jesus, why can't you guys just have faith in me?" I then ask, full of rage and I know that now I started it. 

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. You guys are just always on my back about something and maybe for once in my life I want to be treated like your child, not some soldier. I am your daughter. You treat Jay like the perfect child, which he is."

"You don't understand. We have to be hard on you so that you can do better."

"When is it enough, Mom? When?"

Silence. "It is complicated." She then says. "Listen, there is a special mission that you must complete, it is still in the works but listen, we will try to work on it when we get back."

"Now you want to try?" I respond angrily.

"Rose, we didn't know we were that hard on you. We didn't you this is how you felt." She says, with a hint of hurt. "Look, whenever we go back we will work on it, alright?"

"Sure." I respond short. I then hang up and toss the phone to the side and can sense that the others are looking at me. Jay is still asleep, glad that I didn't wake him up. 

"You okay?" Clint asks, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah." I reassure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228 1 11
I lost my mom at 11, that's when it started. My dad became a drunk and I was left to take care of my 3-month-old baby sister. Now I'm 23, graduat...
52 14 13
The world is ending. The Earth is painted with the blood of humans. Only zombies and monsters roam the lands now. But in the last standing building...
40.9K 2.1K 39
"Oh my dear Bella, you were mine the moment I laid my eyes on you, His calm words, spoken close to my ears, made me feel even more afraid. "There is...
2.8K 329 58
"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the nightmares. Whenever I go, I spread deat...