Emotionless: Spock x Reader

By RiverSong1996

An emotionless girl works in the science division of the USS Enterprise under the command of Captain Kirk. Sh... More

Shore Leave
Galileo
Questions and Answers
I'm trying to work
Paradise and a Smile
Silicon
A day in the Enterprise
Ultra Violet
Fight to Death
Wake up Call
The Apple's of Paradise
Transmission from an Admiral
Delegates
Universe Two- Kahn's Wrath
How to ask a Question?
Old Fears Resurface
I need you
Tribble of a Mess
Big Problems
Too Close to Home
Galaxy Trouble
Kohns vs Yangs
M-5
M-5 pt. 2
Don't Go
A Harsh Reality
Beginnings of Exhaustion
I'm Breaking, Shattered, Tired
Obelisk
Universe Two, Rescue Mission

Universe Two

1.2K 35 11
By RiverSong1996

(In an alternate timeline, this is her story.)

I have been working with Starfleet for about three years now. I answer to one of the ambassadors and am so far the only person who has successfully beaten the Kobayashi test. How I managed to do so, is still unknown even to the creator of the test. This however was not what I wanted to be. I didn't want to be a starship captain. What I wanted was to be a science officer. The best science officer. I studied a lot of fields to get to where I am now. Medical, bioengineering, engineering, biology, insectology, geology, chemistry, as well as other various studies.

Today I was called in to observe a runthrough with a starship captain in training. "We are receiving a distress signal from the USS Kobayashi Maru. The ship has lost power and is stranded. Starfleet has ordered us to rescue them." It was obvious that the communications leason didn't particularly care for this man.

Though, he didn't seem to care either way. He seemed far too laid back for this simulation. "'Starfleet has ordered us to rescue them...' captain." The first alarm started blaring. One of the men told the 'captain' that there were two Klingon vessels locking their weapons on the crew and had entered the neutral zone. "That's ok." He was smiling... but why. My eyes narrowed, deciding to check the code I opened up a terminal. "Yeah, don't worry about it."

The professors in the room didn't understand, they were thinking the same as I was. This man was not taking the simulation seriously. "Three more Klingon warbirds de-cloaking and targeting our ship. I don't suppose this is a problem, either." My eyes scanned the code for any discrepancies. Anything that didn't belong or was added.

I glanced up, the 'captain' leaned back in his chair. "Alert medical bay to prepare to receive all crew from the damaged ship." The communications officer asked how they expected to rescue them when the ship was being attacked by five Klingon warbirds. "Alert Medical."

Glancing back at the code I continued to scroll through it, until.... The entire system glitched. My screen becoming unresponsive. The simulation was powering down by the looks of it as well. Just what has this man done to the system. The system came back to life about thirty seconds later but my screen was still frozen. Not only that but the 'captain' also beat the test.

This should have been impossible. "So... we've managed to eliminate all enemy ships, no one on board was injured, and the successful rescue of the Kobayashi Maru crew is underway." He was flaunting that he'd won. I have restarted my system so I could go back to reexamining the code. It was only after the discrepancies were found was I called to a court proceeding.

There were a lot of people here for this, and I took a seat next to one of the only Vulcans in starfleet. I'd heard a lot about him, he supposedly even came up with the test that I passed. He was on his way to becoming a captain or first officer by this point. "This session has been called to resolve a troubling matter. James T. Kirk, step forward." I watched as the young man walked up to the podium. "Cadet Kirk, evidence has been submitted to this council suggesting that you violated the ethical code of conduct pursuant to regulation 17.43 of the Starfleet code. Is there anything you care to say before we begin, sir?"

He took a second before responding. "Yes. I believe I have the right to face my accuser directly." I moved to stand but his hand found its way to my shoulder pushing me back into my chair. I glanced up, watching him fix his shirt before walking down the steps.

The man up front asking for him to step forward. "This is Commander Spock, one of our most distinguished graduates. He's programed the Kobayashi MAru exam the last four years. Only one person up to now has beaten it. Commander."

I watched Spock stand at attention on the other stand. "Cadet Kirk, you somehow managed to install and activate a subroutine in the programming code, thereby changing the conditions of the test." Kirk didn't see a problem with this. The man up front summed it up neatly. He cheated.

This did not sit well with the Cadet. "Let me ask you something I think we all know the answer to. The test itself is a cheat, isn't it? I mean, you programmed it to be unwinnable."

That was the point. "You argument precludes the possibility of a no-win scenario."

Now it gets tricky. "I don't believe in no-win scenarios. And apparently, neither does the one other person who beat your test."

Spock turned to face him. "Then not only did you violate the rules, then you also failed to understand the principal lesson." The cadet asked to be enlightened as to what he was missing. I already knew. I had lived through that no-win scenario when I was five years old. "You, like the one person who passed the test, should know, Cadet Kirk: a captain cannot cheat death."

I took in a slight breath, remembering what happened to me the day my father and mother were taken away from me. "I of all people? Why should we be the only ones who know that?"

I lifted my head slightly. "Her parents died, and she was the sole survivor. Your father, Lieutenant George Kirk, assumed command of his vessel before being killed in action. Did he not? Her parents were killed in a Klingon raid, she was the sole survivor at the small age of five years old."

Kirk was not happy about this, I wasn't either. It was my life's story, and not many people knew about it. "I don't think you like the fact that I beat your test."

Trying to make a stab like that wasn't really going to work on a vulcan. "Furthermore, you have failed to divine the purpose of the test." Again Kirk wanted to know what he was missing.

This time I stood walking down the steps. "The purpose of this test... Cadet James Tibarious Kirk... is to experience fear. Fear in the face of certain death. I learned to accept that fear on the day my family along with everyone else on that planet died. I had to maintain control of myself and the three people who survived with me until they were killed as well. To maintain control of one's self and maintain control of their crew is the point. This is a quality that is to be expected of every Starfleet captain."

Kirk stared at me as I stood on the last step, the entire room was quiet. Even Spock seemed in shock that I had spoken of it so easily, but like the vulcan... I purged my mind of all emotions. Even now... I couldn't get it back. Even now, I was only sixteen years old, but I worked hard to get here. I promised my parents... that I would get here. Someone interrupted the silence, handing something over to the man in the middle. "We've received a distress call from Vulcan. With our primary fleet engaged in the Laurentain System, I hereby order all cadets to report to Hanger One immediately. Dismissed."

I quickly followed everyone else out of the room. My assigned ship upon arrival was the USS Enterprise. Making my way onto the shuttle I awaited orders as to where they were going to put me. Engineering, Medical Bay... even the bridge was a possibility. As I waited.. I started to think back to something I picked up on the other night. It seemed strange now that I thought about it.

There had been a subspace communication that peaked my interest... it was from a Klingon prison planet. Those transmissions always had my attention, but this one was different. If I remember correctly.... A Klingon armada was destroyed, there were forty-seven ships. What could have caused that? Once I got on I started to make my way to the bridge. I needed to run this past the captain.

I changed into my Science officer uniform with the red and yellow cuffs. On my way to the bridge I made my rounds, checking the engines and medical bay for anything that needed to be done. I couldn't go to the captain with a half-baked theory. There had to be logic and facts to back it up.

"May I have your attention, please? At 2200 hours, telemetry detected an anomaly in theNeutral Zone, what appeared to be a lightning storm in space. Soon after, Starfleet received a distress signal from the Vulcan High Command that their planet was experiencing seismic activity," I paused. Setting down my tablet to listen to the pilot. "Our mission is to assess the condition of Vulcan and assist in evacuations, if necessary. We should be arriving at Vulcan within three minutes. Thank you for your time."

Lightning Storm? No! We have to stop the ship. I took off running to the closest elevator. I have to tell captain Pike, this is a trap. Just before I could run into the bridge someone came careening past me. "Captain! Captain Pike, sir! You have to stop the ship!" That was Kirk, from the trial. Why was he on the ship?"

I skidded to a stop next to the ships doctor. "Kirk, how the hell did you get onboard the Enterprise?"

The medical officer held out his hand. "Uh, captain. This man's under the influence of a severe reaction to a vaccine and is completely delusional."

This had to stop, this was going on to long. "Quiet!! Vulcan is not experiencing a natural disaster!It's being attacked by Romulans." Kirk looked to me like I stole his line, pointing to me with that what she said, as he turned to Pike.

Pike looked between myself and Kirk. "Romulans? Lieutenant (Y/n), there is no evidence to support-"

I shook my head quickly. "There is sir. There was an anomaly we say the other day... a lightning storm in space. It occurred on the day of Cadet Kirk's birth. Just before a Romulan ship attacked the USS Kelvin. The ship had formidable and advanced weaponry we have never seen, nor was ever seen again."

Kirk walked up beside me. "The Kelvin attack took place on the edge of Klingon space. At 2300 hours last night, there was an attack. Forty-seven Klingon warbirds destroyed by Romulans, sir. And it was reported they were in one ship, one massive ship."

Pike looked to Kirk, his hand was placed on my shoulder. "And you know of this Klingon attack how?

Kirk looked to Uhura, we shared a class once. "Sir, I intercepted and translated the message myself. Kirks report is accurate."

I nodded, "I also... may have intercepted and translated the message, sir. I didn't think much about it until about five minutes ago. So sir, if you don't want to be warping into a trap... that the Romulans laid.. Then we need to think about how to proceed, before it's too late."

Pike was silent for a moment, then turned to Spock. I didn't dare glance at him. "The Cadet's logic is sound... and I wouldn't doubt on anything (Y/n) were to report, considering her marks. Not only that but, Lieutenant Uhura is almost unmatched in xenolinguistics. Only superseded by again... (Y/n). We would be wise to accept their conclusion."

I felt myself relaxing slightly. Seeing as I had been at attention this entire time. "Scan Vulcan space. Check for any transmissions in Romulan." The man at the computer didn't think he could distinguish between the Vulcan and Romulan. Pike looked to me. "(Y/n)... can you speak Romulan?"

I nodded. "Hveolhaonn payr, rekkhai. Myself as well as UIhura can speak all three dialects, sir."

Pike glanced to Uhura. "Very well. Uhura... I need you to relieve the lieutenant. (Y/n)... you stick with Spock should he need assistance." He glanced at me up and down, stopping at my sleeve cuffs. "You will be in charge of everything that Spock can't handle."

Uhura and I glanced to one another. "Yes, sir."

With that it was time to get to work. "Hail the USS Truman." Unfortunately all the other ships were already out of warp. They had already arrived at Vulcan. There was no contact that could be made. Uhura wasn't picking up any Romulan transmissions either. For that matter, any transmissions of any kind in the area. Spock motioned for me to have a look. I walked over glancing at the controls and putting an earpiece in my ear. Silence. Shaking my head I glanced back. That hadn't been a mistake.

There was complete radio silence on all ends. Pike walked back to his chair, asking for shields to be raised and for the crew to go on Red alert. "Arrival at Vulcan in five seconds. Four. Three. Two. One." As soon as we exited warp we had to dodge debris. The only thing left of the other crafts was just space junk. I followed Spock to his station, ready for any ordres I was given. Even with evasive maneuvering we were still going to be hit by debris.

As we cleared the debris field none of us could believe our eyes. The ship we were seeing was not on any design we could have ever imagined. They were already locking torpideos on us. The weapons they had knocked our shields down to thirty-two. There was no way we could take a second hit like that. "Captain, the Romulan ship has lowered some kind of high energy pulse device into the Vulcan atmosphere. Its signal appears to be blocking our communicators and transporter abilities."

As we prepared for a second volley we got something unexpected... we were being hailed. On screen was a Romulan with some strange tattoos. "I'm captain Christopher Pike. To whom am I speaking?"

The man's head dipped slightly. "Hi, Christopher. I'm Nero."

I could see his eyes glancing around our bridge, almost like he was searching for something. "You've declared war against the Federation. Withdraw, I'll agree to arrange a conference with Romulan leadership at a neutral location."

Something about him was off. "I do not speak for the Empire. We stand apart. As does your Vulcan crew member... and the girl next to him." I gave a side glance to Spock, I could see him giving me the same. "Isn't that Right, Spock and little (Y/n)?"

Spock stood from his seat and walked forward slightly. I went from glancing between him and the screen. None of this made any sense. "Pardon me, I do not believe any of us have been acquainted."

Spock wasn't wrong, the two of us only knew each other on reputation alone. "No, we're not. Not yet. Spock, (Y/n), there's something I would like you to see. Captain Pike, your transporter has been disabled. As you can see by the rest of your armada, you have no choice. You will man a shuttle, come aboard the Narada for negotiations. That is all."

The room became silent as the transmission cut out, all eyes were now on Pike. We all knew the odds of survival were unlikely. That this Nero would more than likely kill the captain. Spock and Kirk were in complete agreement, but... I agreed with Pike. "I need officers who trained in advanced hand-to-hand combat." Not only myself but Sulu was as well. "Sulu... come with me. (Y/n)... Nero knows you are you sure you want to come?" I nodded. "Very well, you may come as well. Kirk, you, too. You're not supposed to be here, anyway. Chekov, you have the conn."

Silently, I followed Pike to the shuttle crafts. We went over the plan, we needed transporter capabilities. Mr. Kirk, Mr. Sulu, Engineer Olson will space-jump from the shuttle. You will land on that machine in the atmosphere that's scrambling our gear, you'll get inside, you'll disable it, then beam back to the ship. Mr. Spock, I'm leaving you in command of the Enterprise. Once we have transport and communications back up, you'll contact Starfleet and report what the hell's going on here. And if all else fails, rendezvous with the fleet in the Laurentian System. Kirk, I'm promoting you to first officer." This surprised both, but I understood. Kirk had figured out that it was a trap, it only made sense that he was given the chance to prove it wasn't a mistake.

Spock didn't understand that. "Captain, please. I apologize. The complexities of human pranks escape me."

I straightened up slightly. "Commander... it's not what we humans call a 'prank.' This is a serious situation and you need the best to assist you. Given Kirks records he is the one to do that job."

Pike nodded. "(Y/n), let's go." I followed behind quickly. There was also the problem of what came after we knocked out the drill. This was likely to be a one way mission. "Well, I guess you'll have to come and get us. Careful with the ship, Spock, she's brand new." After the others were geared up I sat next to Pike at the helm. I assisted in take off as we moved out. Time to let the boys out, and once they were clear we headed out to the Romulan craft.

(Spock POV)

"Acting captain's log. Stardate: 2258.42. We have had no word from either captain Pike or Lieutenant (Y/n). I have therefore classified them as hostages of the war criminal known as Nero. Nero who has destroyed my home planet and most of its six billion inhabitants. While the essence of our culture has been saved in the elders who now reside upon this ship... I estimate no more than ten thousand have survived. I am now a member of an endangered species."

Getting up from the captain's chair I headed for the elevator. As I entered Uhura followed me. I turned to her, she was staring at me before turning to stop the elevator. "I'm sorry." She repeated it two times before kissing me. I held her in my arms lowering my head to her shoulder. Just taking in her sent for a few precious seconds. "What do you need? Tell me. Tell me"

I was silent... what I needed was to defeat Nero.... Restarting the elevator I decided against telling her that much. "I need everyone... to continue performing admirably." I think she knew, even as she nodded. Kissing me again before the elevator doors opened again. I left her there.

Upon my return to the bridge I asked where Nero's ship was headed. "Have you confirmed that Nero is headed for Earth?" Uhura didn't back down, and I can't argue with facts. "Thank you, Lieutenant."

Kirk was sitting in my chair. "Earth may be his next stop, but we must assume every federation planet's target." I told him to get out of my chair.

Chekov spoke up next. "Well, if the Federation is a target, why didn't they destroy us?" He wasn't wrong, but that got me thinking... he wanted not only myself but (Y/n) to see something.

That gave me the idea of what he wanted. "That is not it. He said he wanted us to see something, the destruction of my home planet." McCoy had a good question... how did they create a singularity in the center of a planet? "The engineering comprehension necessary to artificially create a black hole may suggest an answer. Such technology could theoretically be manipulated to create a tunnel through space-time."

McCoy uncrossed his arms. "Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist. Are you actually suggesting they're from the future?"

There was only one possibility left. "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

So what would this Romulan want with the Captain, not only the captain but (Y/n) as well? "As captain, he does know details of Starfleet's defenses." Sulu pointed out. "Also... (Y/n) does have a variety of skill sets, so it's hard to say what he would want with her.

Kirk had other plans in mind. "What we need to do is catch up to that ship, disable it, take it over, and get the captain and our crew member back."

I disagreed. "We are technologically outmatched in every way. A rescue attempt would be illogical." Not only that, but Nero's ship would have to drop out of warp for us to take it over. We also couldn't spare any remaining crew, they were repairing radiation leaks, and damage to the lower decks. We also couldn't contact Starfleet without communications. "We must gather with the rest of Starfleet to balance the terms of the next engagement. "

Kirk was staring me down as I said no to each of his plans. "There won't be a next engagement. By the time we've gathered, it'll be too late. But you say he's from the future, knows what's gonna happen, then the logical thing is to be unpredictable."

I stepped forward slightly. "You're assuming that Nero knows how events are predicted to unfold. The contrary. Nero's very presence altered the flow of history, beginning with the attack on the USS Kelvin, culminating the events of today, thereby creating an entirely new chain of incidents, that cannot be anticipated by either party." Uhura understood, this was... an alternate reality. "Precisely. Whatever our lives might have been, if the time continuum was disrupted, our destinies have changed. Mr. Sulu plot a course for the Laurentian System, warp factor three."

Kirk didn't want me to do that, yet these were orders issued by Captain Pike before he left. I was aware of my responsibilities as Captain... but that did not change things. This ensued in a shouting match between myself and Kirk. So.. I had security escort him out. When he fought against it, I gave him the Vulcan nerve pinch. This allowed them easy travel to get him to the brig.

(Kirk POV)

When I came to I wasn't entirely sure where I was. Reaching over to the computer system I asked where I was. "Location: Delta Vega. Class M planet. Unsafe. There is a Starfleet outpost fourteen Kilometers to the northwest. Remain in your pod until you have been picked up by the authorities." You have got to be kidding me. Opening the hatch I climbed out the icy hole the pod had created. There was snow as far as the eye could see.

Deciding it best to head out I walked off with the one thing Spock had left me. It took what may have been a few hours for a storm to completely overthrow me. "Stardate: 2258.42 or, uh, four... whatever. Acting captain Spock has marooned me on Delta Vega in what I believe to be a violation of security protocol 49.09, governing the treatment of prisoners aboard a starship." I stopped talking, something was up. Turning around I tried to find the source. I could hardly make it out in the distance but something was headed straight for me. Something big.

Seeing what it was... I ran. Let me just say... trying to run in a snowstorm is really hard. I ended up tripping twice. Something large saved me the second time as it came up from under the snow drift. It tossed the first beast aside before turning its attention to me. It roared, I stepped back, ready to run again. As I ran I couldn't help but think about how messed up this entire situation was. Fortunately falling down the Icy cliff saved my sorry hide.

Or so I thought, before that thing jumped down the side of the cliff as well. I skidded to a stop in a patch of ice, that thing falling not much gracefuller than I had been. Deciding I didn't want to get squashed I started running again. Seeing a cave I decided it best to take shelter inside until this thing left me alone. That didn't work as planned because this monster just charged in right after me.

I almost made it away when its tongue grabbed my ankle and started to pull me back to its mouth. I tried kicking but it wasn't really helping all that much. Thankfully someone came to my rescue. They used fire to scare it away. Once the creature was gone he took a moment, I tried to catch my breath as they turned to me. He looked at me and almost instantly looked like he recognized me. "James T. Kirk."

Wait.. what? "Excuse me?"

He must have been surprised. "How did you find me?" I didn't understand... how did he know my name? He sighed. "I have been, and always shall be, your friend." This was crazy. I didn't even know this guy. "I am Spock." Oh...

This was complete, "Bull crap." I called him out on it.

Following him as he led me back to where he made camp. "It is remarkably pleasing to see you again, old friend. Especially after the events of today. How is (Y/n)?"

I stood. "Uh... Sir, I appreciate what you did for me today, but if you were Spock, you'd know we're not friends, at all. You hate me. You marooned me here for mutiny." He asked if the mutiny was serious. Seeming a little surprised. "Yes." Moving on to ask if I was the captain. "No, no, um... You're the captain. Pike and (Y/n)... were taken hostage." He took in a sharp breath for a second. I paused in my pacing, there was a look of hurt and pain in his eyes.

He took just as long to respond. "By Nero."

I wasn't sure what was going on. "What do you know about him?"

Spock turned away from me. "He is a particularly troubled Romulan. Please, allow me." Standing he made his way over to me. "It will be easier." I backed up as he raised a hand, asking what he was doing. "Our minds... one and together... " I allowed him to place his fingers on my face. "One hundred twenty nine years from now, a star will explode and threaten to destroy the galaxy. That is where I'm from, Jim... the future." Images started to flood into my mind.

A star went supernova... consuming everything in its path. (Y/n)... my wife and I promised the Romulans we would save their planet. We outfitted our fastest ship. Using Red matter, we would create a black hole, which would absorb the exploding star. We were en route when the unthinkable happened. The supernova destroyed Romulus. I had little time. I had to extract the red matter and shoot it into the supernova.

As we began our return trip, we were intercepted. He called himself Nero, the last of the Romulan Empire. In my attempt to escape, the three of us were pulled into the black hole. (Y/n)... she held my hand and gave me her infamous fake smile. But Nero went through first. He was the first to arrive. Nero and his crew spent the next twenty-five years awaiting my arrival. But what was years for Nero... was only seconds for us. We went through the black hole. Nero was waiting for us. He held us responsible for the loss of his world. He captured my vessel and spared my life.... But not hers. Instead, he took her by the arm forcefully away from me.

I tried to get her back, but his people held me back. Before I could do anything... 'Spock... it's okay. We'll see each other again. For now... you'd better live.' He killed her ... for one reason. So that I would know his pain. He beamed me here so that I could observe his vengeance. As he was helpless to save his wife and planet, I would be helpless to save mine. And it's likely... she will die, twice. Billions of lives lost because of me, Jim. Because I failed.

Spock pulled his hand back, there was a tear streaming down my face. I could feel his pain for just a split second. "Forgive me. Emotional transference is an effect of the mind meld." I staggered away from him... if that was all true then.. "So you do feel."

I could hear him turning to face me. "Yes."

I turned my head slightly. "Going back in time, you changed all our lives." We had to go, I knew that. There was a Starfleet outpost not far from here. "Wait... where you came from... did I know my father?"

He seemed to be thinking. "Yes. You often spoke of him as being your inspiration for joining Starfleet. He proudly lived to see you become captain of the enterprise." Me... captain. "A ship we must return you to as soon as possible." With that he turned and walked away. As we walked, I asked him about (Y/n). How the two of them met, and how he came to get that emotionless human to marry him. Simply said, they both found it logical.

We stopped talking upon reaching the Starbase. There was some strange shouting further in. "Hello?" Metal clanged and someone stepped out into a doorway. They were short and started running towards us. There were a lot of keys hanging on their belt. It lead us further in, to someone who was sleeping on a chair.

The small alien slapped the guys shin. "What?" He pulled something off of his face before looking at us. "You do realize how unacceptable this is?" Spock seemed fascinated by whomever this was. "I'm sure you're just doing your job. But could you not come a wee bit sooner? Six months I've been here, living off Starfleet protein nibs and the promise of a good meal." This guy, is insane. "And I know exactly what's going on here. Ok. Punishment. Ongoing. For something that was clearly an accident."

Spock spoke. "You are Montgomery Scott." Oh, he knew him. Great. That doesn't really help us.

Scott stared at us. "Yeah, that's me. Unless there's another hardworking, equally starved Starfleet officer around." I glanced to the shorter alien. "Get aff! Shut up! You don't eat anything! You eat like a bean and your done. I'm talking about food, real food. But you're here now, so thank you. Where is it?"

Scott got up and walked behind us. "You are, in fact, Mr. Scott who postulated the theory of transwarp beaming." I had no idea what was going on so I just listened. I did however know about the dog... and it hadn't come back yet. "What if I tell you your transwarp theory was correct? That it is indeed possible to beam onto a ship traveling at warp speed."

Wait... what? No, no way. "I think if that equation had been discovered I would have heard about it."

Spock didn't stop there. "The reason you haven't heard of it, Mr Scott, is because you haven't discovered it yet." The man's face fell. He was just as shocked as I had been when I first met Spock.

He thought we were from the future. Figured it out long before I did. "Yeah, he is. I'm not."

Scotty was standing now. "Well that's brilliant. Do they still have sandwiches there?" That said we started work on one of the ships with transporter capability. "Well, she's a wee bit dodgy. Shield emitters are totally banjaxed. As well as a few other things. On you go. So the Enterprise has had its maiden voyage, has it? She is one well-endowed lady. I'd like to get my hands on her ample nacelles, if you'll pardon the engineering parlance. Except, the thing is, even if I believe you, right. Where your from, what I've done, which I don't by the way, you're still talking about beaming aboard the Enterprise while she's traveling faster than light without a proper receiving pad. Get off there! It's not a climbing frame. The notion of transwarp beaming is like trying to hit a bullet with a smaller bullet whilst wearing a blindfold, riding a horse. What's that?"

That.... Was rather long winded. "Your equation for achieving transwarp beaming." Scotty stared at the screen. I wanted to know if this Spock was coming with us. He was not. I also wasn't to tell the other Spock about this Spock. He wanted me to use Starfleet regulation 619. 619 stated that any command officer who was emotionally compromised by a mission at hand had to resign. I just had to find a way to prove it. Spock also wanted me to do one more thing when I got the ship... he wanted me to save (Y/n) no matter what.

With that I got onto the transporter and we headed out. Scotty ended up inside the turbine tube and I had to get him out, luckily he was good to go. Getting caught by security was not my plan but it got us to the bridge. I just wasn't too thrilled about being called cupcake. "Who are you?" Spock wanted to know who Scotty was, we just went that he was with me. "We are traveling at warp speed. How did you manage beam aboard this ship?"

I decided to play coy. "You're the genius, you figure it out. Unless you need (Y/n) for something as complicated at that. She is probably smarter than you, considering she is how old?"

Spock pushed back. "As acting captain of this vessel, I order you to answer the question."

That was not going to get him far. "Well, I'm not telling, acting captain. What did... what now, that doesn't frustrate you, does it. My lack of cooperation. That doesn't make you angry."

Turning his attention back to Scotty. "Are you a member of Starfleet?"

Scotty stuttered slightly. "I... um, yes. Can I get a towel, please?"

Oh, this was going to be fun. "Under penalty of court martial, I order you to explain how you were able to beam aboard this ship while moving at warp." I told him not to answer. "You will answer me." Scotty didn't want to take sides between Spock and my staring contest.

My turn. "What is it with you, Spock? Hmm? Your planet was just destroyed, your mother murdered, and you're not even upset." I had to push his buttons. Prove that he was compromised. "And yet you were the one who said fear was necessary for command. Did you see his ship? Did you see what he did? Are you afraid or aren't you?"

I was getting right up in his face. "I will not allow you to lecture me about the merits of emotion." Come on, just a little more. "Step away from me, Mr. Kirk."

Now. "What is it like not to feel anger? Or heartbreak? Or the need to stop at nothing to avenge the death of the woman who gave birth to you? You feel nothing! It must not even compute for you! You never loved her!" With that last shove he punched me... a lot. I tried blocking a few, but Vulcans are rather strong individuals. It was as he was choking me that everyone stared unsure of what to do.

Luckily someone called out to him. It took a moment but he calmed down enough to realize what he was doing. I sat up, all eyes were on him. "Doctor, I am no longer fit for duty. I hereby relinquish my command, based on the fact that I have been emotionally compromised. Please note the time and date in the ship's log." With that... Spock left the bridge.

At least Scotty was excited. "Well, congratulations, Jim. Now we've got no captain and no god damn first officer to replace him." We did. They forgot that Pike made me first officer before he left.

Taking the Captains seat I issued my orders. "Attention, crew of the Enterprise, this is James Kirk. Mr. Spock has resigned commission and advanced me to acting captain. I know you were all expecting to regroup with the fleet, but I'm ordering a pursuit course of the enemy ship to earth. I want all departments at battle stations and ready in ten minutes. Either we're going down... or they are. Kirk out."

We were trying to figure out a way to get aboard Nero's ship undetected when Chekov had an idea. "Based on the Narada's course from Vulcan, I have projected that Nero will travel past Saturn. Like you said, we need to stay invisible to Nero or he'll destroy us. If Mr. Scott can get us to warp factor four, and if we drop out of warp behind one of Saturn's moons, say, Titan, the magnetic distortion from the planet's rings will make us invisible to Nero's sensors. From there, as long as the drill is not activated, we can beam aboard the enemy ship."

Scotty didn't seem to disagree. "Wait a minute kid. How old are you?" McCoy looked at Chekov incredulously. But then... he was only seventeen. "Oh, good, he's seventeen. A year older than (Y/n)."

We were not expecting Spock to come back aboard the bridge. "Doctor. Mr. Chekov is correct. I can confirm his telemetry. If Mr. Sulu can maneuver us in position, I can beam aboard Nero's ship, steal back the black hole device and if possible, bring back Captain Pike and Lieutenant (Y/n)."

There was no way. "I won't allow you to do that, Mr. Spock."

Pock tilted his head with a slight smirk. "Romulans and Vulcans share a common ancestry. Our cultural similarities will make it easier for me to access the ship's computer to locate the device. Also my mother was human, which makes Earth the only home I have left."

Well... even I can't argue with that logic. "Then I'm coming with you." He was going to sight regulation, but knew I would ignore it. "See? We are getting to know each other." I slapped his shoulder before walking away. It was going to be now or never. I told Sulu that if he thought he had the tactical advantage to fire on Nero's ship to do just that. Even if we were still onboard.

Spock and Uhura decided to share a moment before we left... so awkward. When we got aboard we were immediately sent into a fight. As we moved I covered Spock. Spock melded with the guys mind. We knew exactly where to go to get our two crew members and the device. First stop, the black hole device. "I foresee a complication. The design of this ship is far more advanced than I had anticipated." Yet... it ran on Voice print and facial recognition. Oops. I tried to play it off, but I think he was figuring it out. "It appears that you have been keeping important information from me."

I can't talk about it. "You'll be able to fly this thing, right?" Yep, he figured it out. Damn. "Good luck."

Spock turned to me. "Jim, the statistical likelihood that our plan will succeed is less than four point three percent. In the event I do not return, please tell Lieutenant Uhura..."

I cut him off. Honestly, Uhura didn't matter. In like two years he would maybe be looking at (Y/n), just like the Spock I met. "Spock! It'll work." That said, I left him behind. Leaving the ship I watched it take off. Moving out there was still something I had to do. Find Pike and (Y/n) and get them outta here. Unfortunately, Nero was waiting for me. "Nero, order your men to disable the drill or I will..." Someone hit me. Damn, that was smart... and I lost my phaser.

Nero ran over and looked down at me. "I know your face from Earth's history." He grabbed my shirt, pulling me to my feet, before tossing me again. He seemed a little pissed as he started hitting me over and over again. I managed to get one hit on him. "James T. Kirk was considered to be a great man. He went on to captain the USS Enterprise. But that was another life." Choking again, lovely. "A life I will deprive you of, just like I did your father."

Thankfully he was interrupted when the drill was destroyed. Welp, one thing left to do now... get out of here. I went to jump to the next platform but missed. The romulan I was trying to get away from just plucked me up from the edge. He tried calling me weak, so I grabbed his gun and shot him. He dropped me back on the edge before falling off. I climbed back up, time to move out.

I took out one Romulan after another finally making my way to Pike and (Y/n). They were both restrained and it looked like (Y/n) had taken quite the beating. She was currently unconscious. "What are you doing here?" Pike asked as I started undoing the straps.

I had to be quick about this. "Just following orders." Pike took the gun and shot two of the Romulans that rounded the corner. After I got him free he used the phaser to shoot the locks on (Y/n). We both grabbed her, I was surprised how light she was. "Enterprise now!" Thankfully everyone was unharmed. Spock took (Y/n) from my grasp while I held Pike up. "Nice timing, Scotty!"

Scotty laughed. "I've never beamed four people from two targets onto one pad before!" McCoy came rushing in followed by Uhura and a few other staff. He took Pike in with the other staff members. One of them took (Y/n) from Spock while two others took scans of them both.

Heading back to the bridge I had Chekov hail the enemy vessel. "This is captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise. Your ship is compromised. Too close to the singularity to survive without assistance, which we are willing to provide." Spock seemed to disagree. He didn't really like my logic. This time at least.

Nero interrupted our little talk. "I would rather suffer the end of Romulus a thousand times. I would rather die in agony than accept assistance from you." Well, he asked for it. I armed the phasers and fired everything we had. We watched Nero's ship disappear before leaving. We had to eject the core to get out of the gravity well, but we made it out alive.

(Other Spock POV)

I went to earth, and waited for the crew to dock for two reasons. This was the first. "Father." I stopped walking and turned to my younger self.

He tilted his head as he regarded me. Regarded my presence. I shook my head. "I am not our father." He stepped closer to me, and I him. "There are so few Vulcans left, we cannot afford to ignore each other."

We both stood with our hands behind our backs. "Then why did you send Kirk aboard when you alone could have explained the truth?"

It wasn't that simple. "Because you needed each other. I could not deprive you the revelation of all you could accomplish together. Of a friendship that will define you both, in ways you cannot yet realize." He asked how I convinced Kirk to keep my secret. "He inferred universe-ending paradoxes would ensue should he break his promise." He thought I lied. In truth... "Oh... I... I implied. An act of faith. One I hope you'll repeat in the future with Starfleet."

He didn't seem to agree. "In the face of extinction, it is only logical I resign my Starfleet commission and help rebuild our race."

This wasn't going to work. "And yet, you can be in two places at once. I urge you to remain in Starfleet. I have already located a suitable planet on which to establish a Vulcan colony. Spock, in this case, do yourself a favor. Put aside logic. Do what feels right." He was silent as we looked to one another. But I did have one favor to ask of him. "Ah, and Spock... I have a favor to ask of you... well two to be precise."

He nodded. "Anything."

I took a bit of a breath. "First... I want to see (Y/n)." He seemed a little confused but motioned for me to follow him. Leading me down halls until we reached her medical room. I entered first. Nero had really taken a number out on her this time. Seeming to draw out the torture. I reached her bedside, letting my fingers move some of her long hair from her face. This was definitely the youngest I had ever seen her. When we first met she was almost twenty. "How old is she now? And... are her parents alive?"

I turned my head slightly, leaving my hand on one of her arms. "Sixteen. She joined starfleet at and had been an ensign for three years. Her parents.... As well as every one from her colony died in a Klingon attack when she was five."

I sighed. "I see, so not much has changed in that respect. She still holds no emotions then?" He shook his head. "Thank you. Now then, for my second favor... keep your eye on her. I don't want to lose her twice. Nero killed my (Y/n) before my eyes, I'm... glad he didn't do that to her as well."

He looked like he wanted to ask questions, but knew that I wouldn't answer them. "Very well, I shall make sure that she lives a long, prosperous life. So long as she remains in Starfleet on my crew at least." I smiled, slightly. Watching as he turned to leave.

"Thank you. And Spock, since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say... good luck." With that he left the room. The door closing behind him. Taking my hand I placed it on her cheek, deciding it was almost time I left as well. "And (Y/n)... keep an eye on him for me. He's going to need you as much as you need him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 236 16
Set after the 2009 Star Trek movie and before/during Into Darkness* After the defeat of Nero the USS Enterprise have been given a years mission with...
45K 1.1K 18
<Book 1> Penny is a new recruit at the Star Fleet Academy. She is a very shy girl with a horrible past. She was not only abused mentally, but p...
2K 72 28
Summary: Kirk and Spock are kidnapped from Argelius II while on shore leave. Taken to a secret lab, they are experimented on, and Spock is thrown int...
7.1K 253 13
This is an alternative universe where Data begins to experience emotions naturally without the emotion chip thanks the reader. You never thought he w...