A Plum Blossom

By Lee02V

Ha Lee, awoken to a new life in another's body, looked around and could only cuss inside. "Why am I alive? I... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Facts

Chapter 6

2.2K 64 0
By Lee02V

On the capital city streets, Li Mei was with Niu Xia spending time together before she'd leave in the next 2 weeks.

Throughout the nation, the people saw the 3rd prince as a terrifying man. Said to be cold towards any person he didn't know and never showing any mercy towards those he slains on the battlefield.

However, she didn't understand why they believed such a thing. Whenever Li Mei was around him, she felt safe, she needn't worry.

At a stand, the two were overlooking the many hair garments that held many treasures valued at a formidable price. The two conversed as they laid their sights upon the jewels.

"Li Mei, are you happy with this proposal?" Niu Xia wanted to know as after all, most aren't happy with their bestowed marriage as it is forced without love or feelings.

Mei's expression held no surprise, sorrow, or any of the sort, just calmness. "Well.... I don't hate it. I believe Commander Yusheng is a great person. He, on behalf of the royal family, helps to oversee and command the grand army. Other than his achievements, I really look up to him as a person in a way. I don't think I've ever met anyone as tall of a person as him." her voiced filled with nothing but admiration.

The Niu Miss was listening with nothing else but shock to her heart. Honestly, she was surprised that the man everyone so feared was disregarded by her and seen as a great person. She could only smile at the answer her friend gave her.

"Then, I give you my best wishes. I hope you are content and prosperous in this marriage."

Li Mei couldn't help but just give out a warm gaze with curled lips at her friend's wishes. She was glad that in this life, this friend of hers was truly by her side. She needn't be scared of this person, but rather scared of the fact that one day she won't ever see her again.

As they strode along further, the townspeople took notice of the pair, especially Li Mei. News spread wide and far of how the 3rd prince and General Li's only daughter were to be wedded in the next 2 weeks. They didn't know how the prince looked, but upon looking at this Miss, they could only express awe.

She was a beauty!

Her lips were shaped like a heart whenever she smiled, rosy cheeks with porcelain unblemished skin, almond eyes that seemed to shimmer, tall nose, her slender stature, and beautiful brown hair that ran past her hips.

Not only that, they've never gotten a good look at her till this very day.

And how did they know it was her?

Miss Niu Xia of the Niu Manor is said to hang around the Li Miss, giving people the idea that the young maiden beside her, is her.

At another end of the city, was the 3rd prince along with his best friend, Li Dai, taking a walk through the bustling streets. Although Li Dai did voice thoughts of this marriage to his friend, he didn't seem to budge one bit.

"Yusheng really, you should think over this marriage. Do you even want this? Moreover, does my sister even want this?" he bugged.

Sometimes, the Commander wondered who was the older one here.

"Li Dai you know, I can't even rid of this marriage even if I wanted to. A king's word is final and besides, I'll talk to her."

The prince's friend sighed. "You know, I don't mind the marriage, but rather the fact that the palace is where she went missing." voicing his concern.

Yusheng looked with somber, "I promise you that I will protect her." making an oath to his friend.

"But other than that, the day my sister first came into the palace after awakening, why was your face like that? Don't tell me it has to do with her?"

Yusheng gulped, "They look so eerily alike yet different." he simply said.

Li Dai looked away as if in disbelief then ahead of him, "Hey, I know it's tough and it's not going to be alright, but you have me." letting him know he wasn't alone.

"Also, ever since her, you've been giving everyone the cold shoulder. Do you know how much people are scared of you? Throughout the nation you are deemed a terrifying man with no mercy. Even the court officials fear you." speaking the words of the people.

The 3rd prince sighed, "It's not my fault." he simply said almost half assed.

"Anyways, I find it funny." a hint of laughter in the prince's voice.

Li Dai could feel chills running up his spine at the moment. "What is?"

"That your sister is getting married before you." he snickered.

Rather than get depressed about it, he also laughed. "Did you know her marrying before me means you will have to walk under my pants at the front entrance of your Mirror Palace?" His words only made his younger friend scoff.

At the White Rabbit Tea House, the two young women sat across from one another at a regular table near the other customers.

This tea house is also quite famous among the nobles.

Li Mei drank her floral rosette tea, a favorite of hers also in her past life, and Niu Xia drank her usual crescent tea.

"Niu Xia, I've been wondering. Who is the man that has captured your eye?" she asked with eyes focused intently on the young woman.

The Niu Miss halted the approach of her lips to the cup and placed it back on the table.

"Do you want a hint?" she suggested to which Mei nodded in response.

"Well, he's.... how do I say this........ he is close to an important figure in the palace." making the list of men easier to search.

Mei mumbled at the hint and brushed off the investigation for later. "Hey......" she began as Niu Xia gave her attention.

"Would you ever betray me?" getting on a serious topic.

Xia's eyes just stiffened in shock as to why she'd ever ask that question. "Li Mei why would you ask that? Betraying you means I'm placing a life sentence of pain to myself. If I ever betrayed you I don't think I'd even be able to live my life the way I want it knowing I did something so horrible to you."

One question, and Niu Xia was furious at the sudden mention of betrayal. Obviously, she wouldn't ever do any harm to her only friend. She almost lost her once, she wouldn't want to experience that pain ever again. All she wants, is to see her happy with a smile plastered on her face.

Miss Li was taken aback by the reaction of her friend. She really didn't want anything bad happening to her. Moreover, she seemed to have trauma by the fact that she almost lost her once making her all the more wary of her.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that." she apologized.

Niu Xia sighed, "Remember this, even if it was you that betrayed me, I wouldn't ever be mad at you. I would still believe in you."

The young woman just huffed with a smile filled with warmth. "I'm glad you are my friend." 

The two continued on with a different topic. This was of course about the grand marriage of the nation's leading general's daughter and the proclaimed terrifying prince.

"Niu Xia, although it may be hard, please come to visit me in the palace. I'll be sure to give you free access to my residence so you can always come and go." she pleaded so she wouldn't be lonely during her time there.

Her friend nodded as she knows the palace is large and quiet.

"However, Li Mei I heard a strange rumor about the palace." bringing up a subject.

This raised a brow to her immediately as that is the place where her investigation shall truly begin once she enters the palace as the bride of the 3rd prince.

"I don't know if it's true or not but I overheard a person at the liquor stall talking of how there's a special guest that the Crown Prince favors. But here's the most shocking part. The people of the palace have never seen him nor has the royal family or anyone. This man however, that was talking also seemed to be heavily drunk so I don't know if I'd believe it or not."

This piece of information has already began a start for Li Mei.

"Special guest?"

Then, their time alone was broken by the sound of a man she knows all too well, her brother.

"Nice seeing you two here." Li Dai said to his younger sister. The two women turned around to see the 3rd prince and her brother.

"Greetings brother and," she looked to her fiancé, "Your Highness."

Yusheng stiffened just hearing her address him by "Your Highness." He was so used to just hearing her call him by his name that hearing those words from her felt so foreign and unnatural.

"Don't mind if we join." the prince said as he sat down beside his fiancée, while Dai unwillingly sat beside Niu Xia since he wanted to sit beside his sister.

The people around them just looked on with curiosity and wonder.

Overhearing how that man was addressed by "Your Highness" and how the Young Miss of the Li Family was also present there, they assumed this man was the 3rd prince.

Upon looking at this man, the people especially women were in awe at his features.

His sharp jawline, broad shoulders, his tall yet large stature, those black colored eyes that looked as though you could get lost in, sharp brows, and his long jet black hair tied in a high ponytail with the crest of a soaring dragon.

They imagined him as just an arrogant man with no manners, but they were wrong about everything. The people knew the royal family was gifted with great looks bestowed by the heavens, and with their eyes set on a member, they never imagined how grand this gift was.

"Your Highness," Niu Xia bowed in respect, "If you don't mind me asking, why are you outside of the palace?" she asked with curiosity.

Li Dai and Yusheng discreetly looked at one another. "Well, it's just matters that I had to attend to. I'm in charge of.... err....." he dragged not knowing what to say as he didn't just want to say he's looking for clues for Ha Lee.

"I'm taking him to meet father and mother." Li Dai covered.

"Really?" Li Mei said. "Then shall we go now?" she insisted making the unprepared Yusheng tense up.

Niu Xia just smiled inside at the engaged couple. She stood and bowed to the prince, "Then I shall take my leave from here." wanting them to have their time together.

Deciding that things do change, Li Dai reluctantly also stood. "I'll send Miss Niu Xia back home, so please go greet mother and father." he bowed and left along with the Young Miss.

This left only the two alone sitting side by side. "Let's go." Yusheng said.

In the carriage, the two sat across from one another.

There was no talking between the two, just an awkward silence. That is, until the Commander broke the longing silence.

"You know, I'd prefer if you didn't address me by 'Your Highness.' I'm too used to you calling me by my name that it feels sort of gross hearing you call me that." he bluntly spoke his thoughts.

It was silent for a moment once again before Li Mei broke into laughter. He eyed her weirdly wondering why she's even laughing.

"Well then, Yusheng, I appreciate your honesty." a grin plastered on her face.

He just gazed at her laughter and could only look away in awe and déjà vu.

"I swear," he said quietly but loud enough for her to hear. Her laughs came to a halt but a grin still present on her lips as she listened. "You really remind me of her." those words were heartbreaking to him especially but also to her in a way.

It wasn't that in this marriage she would be someone he's reminded of that would hurt her, but the fact that he's still waiting for her that it'll do so.

"Who is she that you are waiting for? And where did she go that you've become so devastated?"

Rather than let the pain get to him, she went beside him and took him into her arms once again. Still, it was weird to be held by another person other than his dear mother. But this physical contact he had with her, he didn't mind.

"You really changed a lot you know Li Mei. The first time you saw me in the palace that day, I only acted as if I didn't know you to check if you've really forgotten me. I was sadden that you really did. You loosing your memories made you an entirely different person, someone so foreign yet familiar. Who you were before you lost your memories, that woman was a quiet, shy, and caring person. Now, you are rather bold and voice your thoughts."

She only listened to his words in silence as she just wanted to take this moment to better know him and this person, Li Mei, before she came in.

"It's sad to see how you've changed, but I guess it was for the better. Nevertheless, if I was to marry anyone if not her, I'm glad it's you. At the very least I know that I don't have to be afraid of anything because I know that the person you are now, will be someone that'll stay by my side even if I was crippled or just some lowlife of a prince."

In a way, those last few words he said touched her heart. They've only met earlier this past year yet why was it that every time she saw him, she felt as if she were forgetting something from that life she used to live. She remembered everything except that memory.

The memory that gave her a push to stand back up through the heart wrenching moments she experienced while the Crown Prince was still her fiancé.

"Why is it that the harder I try to remember, it makes me want to cry?"
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.1K 200
Part 3 In her previous life, as Yun Xi lay on her deathbed due to a terminal illness, her famous painter husband said to her heartlessly, "Yun Xi, le...
3.8K 193 11
As an avid- but pretty unsuccessful- writer of fantasy fiction, I know that dragons are pretty much the pinnacle of existence. I dare anyone to argue...
946 40 33
A girl who only got shown hatred and disgust, she dies at the hands of her adoptive sister that everyone knows and loves. Her sister is from a place...
119K 3.2K 32
Basically those romance/betrayal Chinese novels, Isekai Japanese novels, and reborn as __ 's daughter Korean novels all bunched up together. Gone ̶y...