Legend of Korra: The New Savi...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ren is the granddaughter of the first savior, she is Avatar Korra's savior. She helps Korra and is sometimes... More

Chapter 1: Welcome to Republic City, City of the Savior!
Chapter 2: "A Leaf in the Wind!"
Chapter 4: "The Voice in the Night!"
Chapter 5: "Spirit of Competition!"
Chapter 6: "And the Winner is..."
Chapter 7: "The Aftermath!"
Chapter 8: "When Extremes Meet"
Chapter 9: "Out of the Past!"
Chapter 10: "Turning the tides!"
Chapter 11: "Skeletons in the Closet!"
Chapter 12: "End Game!"

Chapter 3: "The Revelation!"

1.6K 48 7
By PhoenixBunny456

'Earth.' Avatar Kyoshi is shown before she earthbends a rock. 'Fire.' Avatar Roku is shown firebending. 'Air.' Adult Aang is shown bending air. 'Water.' Korra is shown waterbending. Light flashes and airbender island is shown as the statue of Aang holding a staff is shown. "Only the Avatar, can master all four elements while the Savior can master three elements and bring balance to the world." Korra and Ren are shown standing beside one another and Ren stood with her arms crossed while Korra stood like Aang's statue.

[Normal POV]

"What's the point of having me train this early in the morning? The morning is evil." Korra says as she looks over at Ren what was sitting in the corner sleeping still. Bolin looks at Ren and smiles.

"So, why did shorty have to come?" Bolin asks.

"She's my babysitter. She practically goes everywhere with me." Korra says.

"And to answer your question, we're the rookies... we get the worst time to train." Bolin says.

"And you're the rookiest of us all. We have to get you up to speed for the tournament. So, deal with it." Mako says and Korra gets angry with him.

"You deal with it!" Korra says and Mako ends up going flying. The Tournament Owner comes into the room.

"There's my hard working street urchins." the guy says.

"Huh?" Korra asks.

"It's an honor to finally meet you Avatar." The guy says.

"And you are?" Korra asks.

"Utaka. I run this whole Probending Shebang." Utaka says and Korra walks away to check on Ren. Korra rejoins the guys when Utaka leaves.

"You wouldn't happen to have a secret Avatar bank account full of gold would you?" Bolin asks.

"I've got nothing. Why not ask Ren? She's the Princess of the Fire Nation and she's loaded." Korra says.

"She is?" Bolin asks shocked. He heads over to talk to Ren and Mako tries to stop him.

"Bolin!" Mako says

"I wouldn't--" Korra says trying to warn Bolin before Bolin ends up flying across the room with a scream, "Touch her... she's a monster in the morning."

"Now you tell me." Bolin says and whines.

"I'm awake." Ren says with a yawn before she stretches and yawns, "What do you want?"

"I'm afraid for my life." Bolin says.

[Later]

"Ready?" Ren asks and Korra nods. They both go through the rotation exercise again and when make it out, Ren hits it with a blast of air. Meelo comes over to them and cheers.

"You did it!" Meelo says and Ren looks at Meelo.

"Ooh, he's cute. Korra, is that the fire nation boy that drives you crazy?" Jinora asks. Ren and Korra glance over at Mako who walked towards them. Korra looks back at Jinora before heading over to talk to Mako. Ren sighs and places her hand on her hip.

"Um... Hey Mako." Korra says.

"Have you seen Bolin?" Mako asks as he looks over at Ren.

"Nope, haven't seen him, why?" Ren asks.

"I just thought he'd be here seeing how he--" Mako asks getting a raised eyebrow from Ren.

"What?" Ren asks.

"Never mind. I have to find him." Mako says.

"Well, why don't you do the big boy thing and ask for mine and Korra's help?" Ren asks and Mako glares at her.

"I don't need it." Mako says.

"We can take Naga." Korra says.

"Uh... who is Naga?" Mako asks.

"Her best friend and the best tracker in the south pole." Ren says.

"I thought you were her best friend?" Mako asks and Ren sighs.

"I am, but I'm also her babysitter and legal counselor. Her companionship with Naga is different than with me." Ren says before she turns to look at the three kids, "Alright, little airbenders! Tell your parents we will be late tonight. We need to find Bolin." The kids salute her.

"Yes, ma'am!" Meelo says.

"Let's go!" Ren says and the three head to get Naga.

[A Few Minutes Later]

"Your best friend is a polar bear dog. That seems to fit you perfectly." Mako says.

"This coming from the person whose brother has a best friend who is a Fire Ferret." Ren says as she glares at Mako's back. She was surprised they were all fitting on Naga. She looks at Mako's back and notices how well-defined his back was as well as the way his back moved with each breath. She looks at the scarf curiously as she wondered what the story behind it was.

"Will you two stop fighting? What's your beef anyway?" Korra asks.

"He and his brother have been mean to the two of us since we met!" Ren says.

"Bolin isn't being mean. He likes you and he ignores you so that he doesn't act like a lovesick turtleduck." Mako says. Ren blinks confused before she starts laughing.

"No seriously, why is he a jerk?" Ren asks.

"That's really it." Mako says.

"Wow... what a pathetic evil jerk." Ren says and she sighs, "I guess I'm not very good at noticing so I wouldn't have known that's how he felt. I'm not the type of girl who wants men flaunting over me. I'm not sure I'm the person for him either."

"Then you need to tell him that." Mako says. They get info on the Triple Triads and head to the base. They end up chasing after some thugs and Ren fights with the men while Korra and Mako are tied up and both the guys get thrown away when Ren unleashes a powerful attack and the thugs take off.

"Chi Blockers." Ren says.

"How do you know?" Korra asks.

"Gran told me about her first encounter with a Chi Blocker. It was her best friend." Ren explains.

"That sounds dangerous." Korra says.

"Nah, they were allies in the end. She actually because a Kyoshi Warrior like Sokka's wife, Suki, was." Ren explains.

"Oh." Korra replies.

[Later]

The group searches all over the city for Bolin. Finally, they take a break to let Naga rest while they wait for the equalist loud mouth and the three end up falling asleep after Mako tells the story about his parents' deaths. Ren wakes before the two of them and heads over to get information from the equalist guy before returning to Korra and Mako who wake up as she approaches.

"You two slept leaning against each other." Ren explains to Korra.

"Did you sleep?" Korra asks as she gets up.

"For a little while. I got these from the loud mouthed idiot." Ren says and holds up four flyers.

"What did you do?" Mako asks.

"I acted like I was seriously interested in their stupid cause. I got all the information from the sleazeball. Come on, let's go." Ren says.

[Later that Night]

They arrive at the location and use disguises and false information to get in. They end up talking to a guy who was standing guard.

"Who's the kid?" The guy standing guard asks and Mako places his hand on Ren's head as she kept her head down.

"My baby sister. Her face is covered because she was badly hurt by a firebender." Mako lies.

"I'm sorry, my young sister." The guy says. Ren hides behind Mako and she whines like a little girl. She was actually glaring at Mako's back as she was only two years younger than him.

"T-Thank you." Ren whispers. They get let in and they join the crowd. Ren watches the stage and she looks at Korra and Mako.

"I think I can sense Bolin." Ren says. They head into the crowd and Amon is announced before he begins telling everyone how he can take bending away. Ren freezes up and her eyes widen with fear as Bolin is brought out and Korra grabs Ren as she wanted to go and help Bolin.

"We need a plan." Mako says.

"I have one. Create some steam. Mako, you grab Bolin. Korra, I'll watch your back." Ren explains. Korra and Ren sneak into another area and a guy finds them. Ren hides behind him as he tries to hit her and ends up knocking himself out after he hits the pipes.

"Well, that should be enough. Make the stream and let's get out of here." Ren says. Korra makes the steam and then they escape. Ren and Korra find the Equalist Henchmen.

"Don't touch my friends!" Ren yells. Korra whistles for Naga.

"Naga!" Korra yells and Naga runs up and Ren grabs Bolin and Mako and she uses airbending to jump onto Naga's back as the polar bear dogs runs by.

"You can airbend!" Bolin says.

"Later we have to get out of here!" Ren yells.

[Later - Back at Airbender Island]

"Thank goodness. I was just about to send out a search party for you two. Are you alright?" Tenzin says.

"We could be better." Ren says, "Truth is... There's a guy out there who can remove the bending." Tenzin's eyes widen in shock.

"This isn't good. That means... no bender is safe and neither are you two." Tenzin explains.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 598 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
171 23 15
Asin, the newest Fire Lord of the Fire Nation in today's world, a 16-year old girl who has led a normal life in secrecy as instructed by the Spirit W...
7.2K 225 12
Meet Korzi, an 18-year-old airbender who is anything but ordinary. With her sharp tongue and sarcastic wit, she often stands out from the other airbe...
1M 42.9K 31
Cover art by depino on DeviantArt Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony, but everything changed when the Fire...