THE QUEEN [KING HARALD FINEHA...

By ivarhoegh

.。*゚+.*.。 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝓅𝒽𝑜𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓍 ゚+..。*゚+ a short vikings story ivarhoegh © 2019 warning: mat... More

FOREWORD
CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
PART ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER ONE

3.4K 99 1
By ivarhoegh

Soft pained moans filled the room. A small candle was lit in the room and in distance pleasure filled moaned could be heard. The pained moans came from Gunhild. She kept moving in her bed, bad dreams filled her sleep as usual and the other women in the room were used to her tantrums as they liked to call it when mocking her.

Gunhild had been raised by Ragnhild, a farmers wife and her husband Erik Sturson. She had been raised side by side their other six children, four boys and two girls. As long as she could remember she wanted to be a boy, she had always preferred to play with boys. She had always been to restless to do chores and knit. When she had turned fourteen her adoptive parents had sold her.

They didn't have the money to keep her, Erik being a drunk and loosing customers. He had always kept her at a distance, not allowing her freedom. He never accepted her as one of his own. He'd treat her more and more as a servant. Ragnhild had been more accepting, yet when she had been playing with the other children and they had gotten hurt; it usually ended up being Gunhild's fault.

Since the age fourteen she had been sold to various of different men, being their slaves or thralls. Her tasks included to keep her masters pleased at all times no matter what it took for her to make that happen. The idea had grown in her stepfathers head whenever his drunken friends had visited, noticing how the men kept ogling the young woman, even as a child. He had heard that a girl like Gunhild would bring Erik a lot of money when sold. She would bring him fortune.

She had been raped and abused, that nearly came to a daily basis. Especially as she grew older, as her body took the woman form with slightly more wider hips and a fuller bosom. Her face had high cheekbones, full pink lips and a smaller nose. Her appearance were skinny, due to the lack of food in her current family. She wasn't the only thrall in her current masters home. Her Earl Egilsson had five women keeping up on him. One of them being Signhild, a slightly older woman that tried to protect Gunhild and the other younger women who was brought to the earl.

Gunhild's dreams of being a fierce warrior, a shield-maiden as she had heard had been crushed. She never had time for practice or someone that would've helped her. Ever since she had been sold for the first time she had heard that her solely purpose in life was to serve and not be served as well as not love or be loved. She was an object created to please and not be pleased.

As the other women slept deeply, Signhild awoke from her light slumber. Signhild walked over to Gunhild, never having the guts to let the young woman sleep through her nightmares. She started to gently shake the sleeping woman, the young beast with the beast nightmares. Signhild could feel the sweat almost soaking Gunhilds thin nightgown.

"Gunhild." Signhild began without luck and she started to rock the sleeping Gunhild even more roughly as she repeated her name louder. Gunhild quickly woke up, body shaking and lungs gasping for air. Her pale skin were covered in sweat and her pale blue eyes roamed around the room until the met the calm yet worries eyes of Signhild.

"Oh Signhild." The young woman exclaimed as Signhild pulled her into a hug. Signhild were the only living thing whose touch didn't repulse Gunhild. "I don't want to be here anymore." She mumbled. Signhild only hushed her as she rocked Gunhild back and forth. The poor bed creaking slightly.

Gunhild were tired. Her body was exhausted. Her mind was completely numb.

"Shh my child." Signhild said in a quiet tone. Signhild felt for the twenty-three year old woman, the one she had seen turn into a cold woman who were completely numb to feelings. The only time she saw Gunhild expressing anything other than her usual apathetic behavior were during the nightmares. However no matter the nightmares, Gunhild never cried.

The older woman knew how cruel their Earl could be, he was never gentle. He punished them even if they did everything correct. Every woman that had been serving him, didn't live long. He usually pushed them too far, and neither one of them could say stop or no because they were expected to listen and obey.

Suddenly loud voice was heard outside following the sound of a horn blowing, loud numbing and soon Fiona walked into the room. Her body covered in bruises and dress almost torned to pieces. Signhild frowned at her and soon other women started to wake up.

"What is happening Fiona?" Signhild asked.

"Yes, what's all that noice about? Are we being attacked?" Ellis asked as she rubbed her eyes. Ellis were twenty years old. Her skin was pale, hair white and she had the most baby blue eyes anyone had seen. Lips full and pink.

"Six men on horses just arrived." Fiona said. "Master want's us dressed and outside now." She continued and soon all the women inside the shed walked out. They walked towards the market. Gunhild had dressed herself in her usual old and dirty grey dress. Her hair was falling over her shoulders, not being braid in the usual single braid down her back.

Gunhild squinted slightly as they reached the market, the large burning torches made her skin glow yet she had been in complete darkness which made it almost unbearable to look at anything accept the ground. After her eyes had adjusted themselves to the light she looked up, seeing her master and his advisor and second in command standing by six men on large brown horses.

Gunhild's eyes widen in admiration when she saw the horses. Then her eyes traveled further up, something she wasn't used to do. Whenever she had company with her master she never were allowed to look him in the eyes. She were ordered to always keep her submissive glance on the ground.

The men on the horses wore expensive armor, fabrics and the one in the middle had long brunette hair in a braid that fell down his shoulder. His face was partly covered in tattoos and the man beside him had similar tattoos yet dirty blond hair that fell over his eye. The man with the braid had a long beard and wrinkles by his eyes like he had been smiling a lot. Their eyes met and she quickly looked to the ground, feeling more than ashamed.

"King Harald Finehair! Why have I been blessed with your visit at this time of night?" Gunhild recognized that voice anywhere, her master. "Please let my servants here give you a pleasant stay here in Vingulmarken." Earl Egilsson tried to sound kind and welcoming his king.

"Thank you Earl Egilsson —" A man spoke and she peaked through her lashed at them yet she didn't see their faces so she didn't know which man who spoke. It wasn't dark and raspy yet not light either.

"They'll do anything for you during your stay." Her master begun, cutting of the man as he tried to speak. Gunhild wanted to roll her eyes at how pitiful he sounded. "These are the best women in all of Norway. I payed a nice sack of gold for each one. Especially Gunhild there." He continued and Gunhild closed her eyes, her stomach almost turning when he said her name.

"We are not staying, only passing through." The man said, this time in a more stern voice that made her master quiet.

"You want anything to eat or drink before moving along?" Her master asked.

"Maybe we should accept the offer with the women." Another man spoke. "We have travelled far and something for sore eyes is always welcome." He continued and Gunhild took a deep breath.

"Yes of course." Earl Egilsson said. "They are very willing and they never complain." He continued.

"How much for the woman in the middle?" A deep and raspy voice spoke. The voice sent shivers down Gunhilds back.

"My King, you don't need to pay for having her for the night. She will take good care of you during the night and —" Earl Egilsson rambled and the men on the horses only snorted.

"I want to buy the woman in the middle." The same voice spoke, determination lingering in his authoritative voice.

"Gunhild is worth two sacks of gold coins." The earl said. "It's not negotiable." He continued.

"Deal." The raspy voice said. Then four horsemen left and one was left behind.

"We'll send a man to collect her in a five days." The frist man spoke again. "Then the King would appreciate that his possession isn't covered in bruises and dirt." He continued before leaving as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 30.1K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
275K 8.1K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
210K 7.4K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
138K 6.4K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...