Skinny Dipping At Dusk

By PeytonNovak

When seventeen year old Mia is sent by her mother to go work at an all-boys summer camp, she can’t help but w... More

Summer Camp?
Early Riser
Camp Fire?
A Cold Night..
Locked In...
Frozen Patties
The Ropes Course
A Well Needed Rescue
The Party Place
Slender Man
Risky Business
Mixed Emotion's And Treasure Hunting
Nathan
Not Sexy?
The Hot Spot.
I Guess I'm Just A Child..
Oh No He Didn't
And You Knew?
One Direction Towel
One Less Man...
Landon's POV
An Unexpected Surprise
A Disaster Double Date.
Disappointment
The Ex
A Present From Landon?
This Is NOT A Date
Just Friends
An Accidental Kiss
Gone.
Breaking And Entering
House Visit
Stay?
Mistake?
Not Okay
The "L" Word
Don't Push Me Away
The End Of Summer Camp.
Epilogue

Twenty Three Is Still Too Old...

103K 3.4K 1.3K
By PeytonNovak

Hey, so I hope you all liked the last chapter. Please tell your friends about this story if you like it, I would really love for it to become popular. THANKS so much for all the votes and comments I already received.

Owen grabbed a few different things from the first aid kit. First he pulled out a disinfected wipe, then a peace of gauze and last a bandage to wrap up my leg.

“It’s not deep enough for stitches, but you should still keep it wrapped up for a couple days.”

 I looked at the cook attentively before answering. “Thanks for covering for me, and for saving me.”

Owen looked up from his work on my leg and sighed. “I don’t mind covering for you once or twice Mia, but if this is how it is going to be the whole summer, than I can’t always have your back.”

He looked back down at my leg and rubbed the disinfected wipe over the cut. At first I had to clench my teeth in pain, but after a while the medicine helped subside the constant throbbing in my leg. Owen was right though, I needed to act more mature, more like a camp counselor.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want you to look down upon me or something, I’ll make better decisions I promise,” I finally said.

 He nodded his head and begun to wrap the bandage around my cut. After winding it around my leg several times, Owen stood up.

“You don’t have to explain yourself to me Mia, I was a teen once too. Actually not that long ago, you know I’m not that old,” he replied with a chuckle.

“Yeah, how old are you?” I asked curiously.

He raised an eyebrow at me. “Guess.”

I thought for a moment before saying, “Twenty.”

He shook his head. “Twenty five?”

He shook his head again. “I’m twenty three, but you were close.”

I looked at him skeptically before standing up. Putting pressure on the cut wasn’t as painful, but I did get a constant reminder of the wound every time I did.

“Well thanks again, for the help in stuff,” I said after a few awkward moments of silence.

He gave me a huge smile and laughed. “You’re welcome, but what have you been eating Mia, I mean, how did you managed to break that wood?”

 I knew he was being sarcastic, so I gave a little gasp of surprise. “Owen, are you calling me fat?”

His hand darted out and grabbed my side, and he squished the skin on my hip bone playfully. “Never, you barely have enough meat on you. Maybe I should fatten you up.”

Blushing because of the somewhat inappropriate touching, I turned my face away so he couldn’t see. “Wait, don’t turn away. I like when you blush, it’s cute,” he said gently grabbing the side of my face and turning it towards his.

Of course, this only made my blush more. His face seemed to get closer, and for some reason his lips were the only thing I could see. They were perfect lips, the kind that any girl could kiss all day. Uh, stop Mia. My eyes darted backup to his eyes, and I could tell he had been starring at my lips. Oh God, we were going to kiss. Me and Owen, oh God. Oh God.

Although it took a lot of strength, I quickly moved my face away. Then smiling, I stepped back and headed for the door. “Uh, well see you tomorrow.” My voice came out shaky, but it didn’t matter. I was already out the door.

The whole rest of the day all I could think about was our almost kiss.

**

You know that state of mind where you’re almost asleep, but not totally under? That time where everything is fluffy, and you feel like you’re floating into nothingness. Well, I had just drifted off into that state, but something was pulling be back to the real world.

“Mia!”

At the sound of my name, I jerked awake. Trying to calm my beating heart, I looked around the dark cabin in search of what was making the noise.

“Mia!”

Turning towards my slightly opened window, I was only able to see the outline of a head. “Who’s there?” I asked nervously.

“Slender man!” the voice replied sarcastically.

By then I knew it was Gavin, and I sighed a breath of relief. “Well come in already.”

He pushed open the window quietly before jumping up and crawling through. Once he was in, he shut the window behind him and approached the bed.

“Are you okay?”

I sighed. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“YES!”

I hadn’t meant to shout the last reply, but it was only about the twentieth time he had asked me if I were alright today.

He nodded his head and motioned for me to scoot over. Grumbling I reluctantly shifted over in the small bed to make room for Gavin. He slide under the covers and snuggled next to me. “I’m sorry for asking so many times, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You know, I feel kind of bad for chasing you.”

“Don’t,” I replied right away. “It was my fault for climbing the stupid course without a harness. Don’t blame yourself.”

Gavin was about to say something when a muffled noise came from outside. We both jerked our heads in the direction of the door at the same time. “What was that?” I finally asked.

Gavin shrugged. “Maybe a raccoon.”

Just as I was about to drop the subject, it happened again. The same muffled noise, the sound of something scratching against the wood of my door rang through the cabin.

“That is not a raccoon!” I warned, my heart race already starting to quicken.

Something was outside the cabin.

Nervously pushing myself up, I wrapped my arms around myself to rub away the goose bumps that were starting to form. Although the nights were warm, I was only wearing a tank top and spandex.

“Aw, well look who has the cutest butt,” Gavin chuckled from behind me.

“Shh!” I warned ignoring his perverted comment and walking towards the door.

The scratching sound came again. “Don’t go out there!” Gavin immediately jumped up from the bed and ran by my side. “What if it really is slender man?”

Rolling my eyes, I reached for the door handle. “Or maybe it’s just one of the guys messing with us.”

My hand grasped around the cold metal and I slowly started to turn the knob. Gavin was breathing down my neck as the door slowly came open, just barely a crack. I peeked out into blackness, the moon just barely visible.

Well, there was nothing. Sighing I opened the door all the way foolishly. Once I was exposed to the outside, something or someone jumped at me, their hand slapping over my mouth just in time to muffle my scream.

It was someone, a very large someone. They wrapped their strong arms around me and pulled my out of the doorway. I heard Gavin’s muffled shout as I trashed back and forth trying to break free. Uh, there was no luck, he was just too strong. My heart raced wildly as we were pulled further into the woods. What the hell was going on, and who the hell was holding me.

Oh my God, I’m going to die. I’m going to be chopped up into tiny little pieces and cooked over a camp fire. Had slender man really come for me?

Pushing the thoughts to the back of my mind, I peeled open my eyes and looked around. We were in the woods, but I could see better now, the moon was brighter.

Suddenly, the man’s grip on me slightly weakened and broke free, sprinting off on adrenaline. Twigs snapped underneath my feet as I traveled further and further into the woods, dodging trees left and right. I could feel someone’s presence behind me the whole time, getting closer and closer, but I pumped my legs harder and harder.

The pursue only lasted a few minutes before my foot caught the root of a tree and I came tumbling down. Thankfully, the fall wasn’t too bad, and I managed to not bump my injured leg. Frantically turning around, I searched for a figure in the darkness. Looking to my right, I spotted the small outline of a person, slowly moving closer and closer.

Sucking in a break of air, I pulled myself near a tangled mess of branches and undergrowth. Trying to make as little noise as possible, I hid as well as I could and hoped my body was invisible. I held my breath, hoping that slender man hadn’t heard me.

Ha, what are you thinking Mia, slender man is some made up legend used to scare people from going into the woods.

Suddenly, I twig snapped behind me as I turned around just in time to see two hands reaching down to me. This time, instead of running, I screamed.

And when I say screamed, I mean shrieked for my life.

“Mia, shut up! Mia,” the words made it to my ear and my voice went silent.

Wait I knew that voice.

“Who’s there?” I called out hoarsely.

A few seconds of chilling silence passed before he replied.

“It’s Landon.”

Told you I would upload today, even if it is a little bit late. Oh well, I kept my promise. Once again, sorry for the mistakes, I should be getting edited chapters soon!. :D

So, did all of you like Owen and Mia’s almost kiss?

Things are heating up a bit, aren’t they?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486 10 14
"She left me and my dad last year, and all she left behind were two very broken hearts and a letter saying 'I love you both. I'm so sorry.' I still d...
7.3K 395 80
Belle and her step sister Megan are sent to a camp for the summer. But they don't know where they are at and they don't care. A cannibal break out h...
150K 1.7K 7
Amber Harlet is forced to go to soccer camp by her mom. Amber, who is an Anti-social socially awkward bookworm, plans to keep a low profile, as usual...
163K 3.6K 24
Isabelle Mason is just your normal teenage girl who wants to have the summer to herself, instead her mother sends her off to a summer camp that she t...