*Holes Fanfic* Camp Green Lake

By CrazyForSlimShady

Hailie is sent to Camp Green Lake an all boys detention camp. How will the boys react having a girl around an... More

First Hole's The Hardest
New Kid
Not All Sunshine And Rainbows
Letter From Home
Goodbye Friend
The New Guy

Fresh Meat

13.8K 171 301
By CrazyForSlimShady

Hailie Roscoe sat on a ran down school bus heading to Camp Green Lake. She's 15 years old with dark blue eyes and brown hair that was in a side plight. She was coming from London.

She had been on the bus for countless hours. She was shocked to see dug holes that went on for miles, she was even more shocked to see teenage boys digging them as she got closer to camp.

There was only three people on the bus, The guard, The driver and Hailie. She was handcuffed to the seat railing in front of her. Her bag was on the seat next to hers.

She sat 4rows back. She was wearing a blue t-shirt, blue zipper, Black shorts, Black socks and White and Black Nike Air Max. The bus stopped and she was relieved when she was uncuffed and let off the bus. All the campers were looking at her and soon a crowd was beginning to form around her.

"Yo fresh meat" one boy called out.

"Its a girl" another boy shouted and cat calls were made.

"Hey baby" A boy winked. Hailie was blushing.

"This way" The guard ordered and he started walking so Hailie followed. They reached the councillors office and the guard opened the door and let Hailie in first. A man with a cowboy hat on was sitting on a chair behind a desk.

"Sit" the man told her and she did. The guard handed the man paperwork.

"Hailie Roscoe?" He asked.

"That's me" She answered bored.

"You thirsty Hailie?" He asked.

"Yeah" she replied.

"Well get used to it you're gonna be thirsty for the next 14 months" He said standing up. "My name is Mr Sir. Whenever you address me you use my full name" Mr Sir told her. Hailie sighed.

"Yes Mr Sir" She mumbled. Mr Sir got two cokes from the cooler behind him and handed them to the guard.

"one for you and one for the driver" Mr Sir told him.

"Thanks" He smiled. They walked out the office and the guard headed to the bus while Mr Sir and Hailie headed to another cabin.

"Hi Mr Sir" a boy greeted as they walked in. The boy looked at Hailie and winked. The boy handed Mr Sir some clothes, shoes and a hat and a canteen. Mr Sir handed Hailie one set.

"Undress" Mr Sir told her and the other boy focused his eyes on her with a smile across his face. Hailie looked at Mr Sir. "Whats the matter?" Mr Sir sighed annoyed.

"Well turn around" She told them.

"What do you mean turn around?" he asked.

"What you gonna watch me undress?" She asked in disgust. Mr Sir growled and turned around.

"You too" Mr Sir told the boy. The boy sighed and did as he was told. Hailie got undressed and started to put on the clothes she was given.

"You have to dig a hole each day. 5 ft. deep and 5 ft. in diameter your shovel is your measuring stick. Keep alert for rattlesnakes and yellow spotted lizards. Being bit by a rattlesnake isn't the worst thing that can happen to you,  you wont die usually but if you get bit by a yellow spotted lizard that is the worst thing you will die a slow and painful death always" He told her as she listened carefully.

She rolled up the sleeves  of her new jumpsuit, She put her collar up and kept it unzipped so her white t-shirt was showing then she put her hat on backwards.

"Done" She said and both Mr Sir and the boy turned around.

"Laundry is done every 3 days one set of clothes is for work the other is for relaxation. After they get washed your second set becomes your work clothes"

"Yes Mr Sir" Hailie groaned.

"Let me see your bag" Mr Sir said as he put out his hand.

"No way that has personal things in it like girl things yeno?" Hailie almost whispered the end part but Mr Sir heard.

"Fine you can keep it but if there's anything in there that shouldn't be you're in big trouble you hear?" He told her.

"Yes Mr Sir" She replied with a huge smile. A over excited small man then came in.

"Hi I'm Dr Pendanski your councillor. Now Hailie you may have done some bad things but that doesn't make you a bad kid" Dr Pendanski said as he shook her hand. She just smiled awkwardly.

"If you're gonna start that touchy feeling crap I'm out of here. Give her towels and shower tokens" Mr Sir said then he left and so did Dr Pendanski and Hailie after Hailie got the other clothes and canteen.

"Bye" The boy said.

"You'll be in D-Tent, D stands for diligence" Dr Pendanski said as they stopped at a tent with the letter D on it.

"Hey mom who's the girl?" A boy asked as he approached with two other boys.

"This is Hailie she's going to be staying here for the next 14 months. Hailie this is Rex, Lewis and Alan" He introduced.

"Hi" Hailie said.

"For the last time its X-Ray, Barf Bag and Squid" X-Ray said annoyed.

"Him he's mom" Squid smiled referring to Dr Pendanski.

"They all have their little nicknames but I prefer to use the name their parents gave them the ones society will recognize them by" Dr Pendanski explained. X-Ray smiled and nodded sarcastically and Hailie let out a chuckle.

"Whatever mom" Hailie smirked and the boys laughed.

"So why is she staying here for 14 months?" Barf Bag asked.

"Because that's how long my sentence is" Hailie told him.

"But you're a girl" Barf Bag said in disbelief.

"Its what the judge wanted" Dr Pendanski said. "Now are we going to stand around here all day or are we going to go inside?" Dr Pendanski asked. They all headed inside. There was more boys inside.

"This is Hailie she's going to be staying here for the next 14 months so I expect everyone to treat her well" Dr Pendanski said and the other boys nodded. "You'll sleep here" Dr Pendanski patted a bed.

"Alan will be your mentor" Dr Pendanski said.

"Sure mom" Squid said then Dr Pendanski left.

"Hi I'm Magnet and this is Zigzag and Armpit" Magnet introduced.

"Hi" Hailie said giving a slight smile. Hailie put her things away then lay on her bed. She noticed all the boys staring at her.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing" Armpit mumbled.

"Did they tell you about the lizards?" Zigzag asked.

"Ziggy don't scare her she's a girl" Barf Bag said and the boys laughed.

"It's gonna take more than a killer lizard to scare me and stop being sexist or I'll beat your ass" Hailie said annoyed. The other boys laughed and let out a few "Ooh"

"Tell you what, if you can beat me at an arm wrestle we won't make jokes about you being a girl" Armpit challenged.

"Deal" Hailie accepted. The boys laughed as Hailie walked over to Armpits cot and the two clasped hands ready to arm wrestle. Everyone gathered around his cot to watch.

"1...2...3... GO!" Squid said. Armpit put all his force in but Hailie's hand only moved slightly.

"Come on Armpit" Zigzag cheered.

"Beat her Pit" X-Ray cheered. Hailie laughed as she wasn't putting much force into it.

"Ready to lose to a girl?" Hailie laughed.

"You ain't gonna win unless I let you" Armpit replied. Hailie put her force down and won. "What the hell?" Armpit said in disbelief as his jaw dropped.

"Well done pit" X-Ray said laughing.

"You just got beat by a girl" Squid laughed.

"Hey no more sexist jokes" Hailie snapped. Squid put his arms up to surrender.

"Jeez sorry" 

"I think you're gonna fit in nice here" Magnet smiled.

"Yeah real nice" Zigzag added. The whistle went for dinner so everyone headed out to the mess hall.
"Hey sorry for before we cool?" Barf Bag asked Hailie.

"Yeah we're good" Hailie replied and gave him a hi five. They entered the mess hall and all eyes were on Hailie.

"If anyone tries anything with you tell us and we'll sort it" X-Ray told Hailie.

"Thanks but I can handle myself" She said back and walked a away.

X-Ray smiled and said to himself. "Yeah you can" Hailie was at the end of the cue next to Barf Bag. The food looked horrible. She walked up to the table. Zigzag moved up.

"Here Hailie sit here" He told her and she sat down.
"So I see you didn't dig today" X-Ray said.

"So" Hailie said.

"So you wouldn't mind giving up your bread to someone who did now would you?" X-Ray leaned over to the table and took her slice of bread. The. boys at the table all looked at her.

"Yeah I would" She told him annoyed. She leaned over the table and took her bread back. The whole table looked at X-Ray to see what he would do but he just smiled and continued to eat his food. Hailie moved hers about first with her fork then started eating.

"So what they get you for?" Squid asked.

"Assault" She replied.

"Then why you here no offense but this for boys" Magnet said.

"Yeah" Armpit agreed.

"Because the judge thought it was a manly crime" Hailie told them.

"So who did you beat up?" Squid asked

"This boy called Tommy"

"Why did you do it?" Zigzag asked.

"Because he was annoying me and my friends also because he's a bully "

"What did you do to him?" X-Ray asked and they all leaned in to listen.

"You guys really wanna know?" She asked unsure.

"Yeah come on tell us please" Barf Bag said with sad eyes.

"Okay" Hailie took a breath in before continuing.

"I kneed him in the balls, Punched him in the face, Slammed his head against the wall then kicked and punched into him but I felt bad afterwards so I called him an ambulance and turns out I broke 3 of his ribs, Cracked 4 of his ribs, Broke his jaw, Split his head open, Broke his nose, Fractured his skull and now the boy is in a coma" Hailie sighed with relief it felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off her shoulders. All the boys jaws hung open.

"You did that?" Squid asked in disbelief but all of them felt even the slightest bit proud.

"Yeah but come on I'm sure all of you done worse" She shrugged.

"No. I only got caught steeling a puppy" Magnet explained laughing. Zigzag put his arm on Hailies shoulder.

"Welcome to D-Tent" He laughed and everyone joined in including Hailie. After they finished dinner they headed back to the tent. Squid, Zigzag and Barf Bag went for a shower.

"So I know why Magnets here but why are you two here?" Hailie asked breaking the silence.

"Well I got caught selling bags of Parsley and Oregano to customers who thought it was Marijuana" X-Ray laughed and everyone joined in.

"What about you Armpit?" Hailie asked.

"I'm here because of a bucket of popcorn" Armpit answered.

"Popcorn?" Hailie asked confused.

"Yeah, a bucket of popcorn" Armpit replied.

"So what happened?" Hailie asked interested. 

"Well I was trying to ease my through a row of seats in the movies a few months ago and I got to these 2 high school Seniors and one of them put their foot out and I tripped and my popcorn went all over them so they were screaming at me and I was demanding they pay for my popcorn 'cause its only fair you know? but they wouldn't and we began to fight and by the end of it they were in an ambulance and I was on my way here" Hailie's eyes were filled with excitement.

"Sweet" she smiled.

"Pretty cool huh?" Magnet asked Hailie.

"Yeah" She answered. "Why's your nickname Armpit?" Hailie asked.

"Why?" Armpit asked back.

"Because I don't know anyone in the right mind who would have that  nickname, no offense" She told them.

"What happened was on his first week here a scorpion stung him in the arm and the pain went up and settled in his armpit" Magnet explained.

"Yeah it felt like a hot twisting needle inside me" Armpit held his armpit as he remembered the pain.

"He complained about a lot so we started calling him Armpit" X-Ray laughed.

"Yeah even though the pain went away the name didn't but it started to grow on me" Armpit said.

"Uh huh, so everyone has a nickname?" Hailie asked.

"Well no you don't but you will get one you just have to earn it" X-Ray explained

"How do I earn it?" Hailie asked.

"You'll find out when you get one" X-Ray told her with a smirk.

"Well that doesn't help" She sighed. Zigzag and Squid then walked in.

"See ya I'm going for a shower" X-Ray said as he walked out.

"Me too" Armpit said then got up to leave.

"Same here" Magnet done the same. Both Squid and Zigzag had there tops off and tied the sleeves of the jumpsuit around their waste so it looks like trousers. They lay on their cot and Squid put a toothpick in his mouth.

"Where's Barf Bag?" Hailie asked.

"One of the lizards got him" Zigzag said with a serious face.

"No they didn't don't listen to him he barfed so he went to see Pendanski he'll be back soon" Squid reassured her.

"So Hailie did you know each lizard has 11 spots?" Zigzag asked.

"But if you ever get close enough to count them" Squid dragged his finger across his throat. "You're dead"

"You're digging tomorrow ain't you?" Zigzag asked.

"Yeah" She answered.

"First holes the hardest" Squid told her.

"Yeah you need to get a good sleep if you're gonna be digging" Zigzag told her.

"We get up at 4:30 so we're not always digging in the sun" Squid explained.

"Oh man there's no way I'm getting up that early" Hailie sighed but she knew she had no choice.

"You're gonna get big blisters when you dig the first couple of holes then eventually you'll get used to it but the pain is terrible" Zigzag explained. Hailie was regretting coming here.

"I should of pick a young offenders unit" She moaned.

"Nah it ain't that bad here" Squid comforted. Just then an ill Barf Bag came in along with X-Ray, Armpit and Magnet.

"Man I'm so exhausted" Magnet complained flinging himself on his cot.

"Yeah I'm going to sleep" Armpit agreed.

"See you all in the morning" Squid yawned throwing away his toothpick.

"Night" Barf Bag said. Hailie lay down and closed her eyes. It didn't take long for all the boys to be sleeping. Hailie was tired but not that much.

When she thought everyone was asleep she picked up her bag and digged through it until she got what she was looking for. She pulled it out and put her bag under her bed.

"Wow is that a knife" Squid exclaimed sitting up. Hailie jumped almost dropping it.

"Shit I thought everyone was asleep and keep it down" Hailie replied.

"Can I see it?" He asked.

"Come over here then" Hailie patted the bottom of her cot. Squid slept on the cot beside hers at the left. Squid sat the bottom of Hailie's bed so they were both facing each other.

"Its a switchblade not a knife" Hailie pointed out as she handed it to Squid. Squid scanned it carefully although it was dark so he could hardly see.

"Whats that say I can't see it?" Squid asked as he felt something carved into the face of the switchblade.

"Johnny" Hailie answered.

"Johnny?" Squid asked confused.

"Yeah it's my big brothers Johnny's old switchblade. He gave me it before he left to go to Austin in Texas" Hailie explained.

"Oh sorry" Squid said feeling bad he brought it up.

"Don't be as soon as I get out of here I'm gonna track him down so I get to see him again" Hailie smiled.

"Nice. Anyway how did you get this past Mr Sir?" Squid asked.

"Oh that was easy I had it in my pocket and when he told me to change I made him turn around and slipped it in my bag then when he asked to see my bag I told him no because I got girl things in it and he said I could keep it but there better not be anything in there that shouldn't so now all I gotta do is make sure he doesn't see it so this has to be our little secret ok?" Hailie asked.

"Sure" Squid smiled. He handed the switchblade back to Hailie.

"We better get some sleep I'll see you in the morning" Squid said tiredly then went to his cot. "Night" Hailie said then put the switchblade under her pillow then went to sleep.

A/N Sorry if this chapter is a bit long, would love to hear what you guys think so if you have any ideas on how to improve I would love to hear them hope you enjoy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 312 11
okay so to start something off, thie story will takr place in camp Chrystal lake because well its the general place in the story, aldo there will be...
16.4K 487 12
disclaimer! i do recommend you read book one - the words i wish i wrote // kate schmidt - for you to understand this book. it can be read as a standa...
114K 1.4K 21
Camp Green Lake's D-tent gets some new members and one of them is a girl!
3.7K 51 20
"where's the lake?" in which a girl get's sent to 'camp green lake' for something she didn't do, but took the blame for. "are you okay?" "obviously...