The Innocence (Daryl Dixon fa...

By beautiful-nightshade

The world wasn't how it was before Not even close No more people, no more going shopping or having casual s... More

The Innocence (Daryl Dixon fanfic)
Cherrokee Rose
Chupacabra
The Secrets
May The Dead Be Dead Forever
Burials And More Guns
Trigger Happy
This Is Goodbye
Just Keep Swimming
Another Day In Paradise
Time To Flee The Coope
Here I Am
Best Friends Forever
Lost And Found
Welcome Home
Mine, Just Once
Dead or Alive
Questions, Questions
This Means War
The Choices We Make
Death Ahead
Paradise
Killer In The Night
Death Row
My Only Love is You
Burning House
Till I See You Again
Oh So Quiet
Bloody Mess Love
Blood Under The Water
Savior In Blood
Just Keep Going
The Search
A New Life
On The Road Again
•Hope•
•Hope Pt 2•
Getting Back To Our Roots

The Crazy Ones

3K 78 13
By beautiful-nightshade

The car ride was mostly silent as we drove along the deserted highway. There was tension between Michonne and Rick, and it was heavy the whole ride.

Michonne slowed down as we had to drive off the highway around the cars long deserted. The ground was muddier then usually due to humidity and the vehicle was swarmed with walkers not long after. But it was easily handled.

Once we had killed off the walkers, I got out and searched some of the cars for any supplies we could find. There wasn't much, but there was enough. Carl and Rick were working on getting the tires unstuck while I got back in the car and looked at Michonne in the visor mirror.

"You okay?" I asked her caringly.

She nodded her head "They don't like me" she said with no emotions.

I sighed and leaned back "they don't even know you Michonne, give it time" I said softly as I looked out the window to the trees.

A man on the highway screamed and yelled for us to not leave him, but at this rate I knew Rick wasn't taking anyone else in.

Another 20 minut s of driving landed us in a small town that seemed familiar to me. "I know this place...." I said softly.

"This was where I worked before it all went to hell" Rick said to me, eyes on the road ahead. I nodded my head.

"You must've lived close by" I said as I ran a hand through my hair and watched as Michonne pulled into the police station.

We parked and got out, and I secured all my weapons on my body before following them inside the place.

It seemed deserted and damn near empty, and my suspicion was confirmed when we walked into the locker room and saw the gun cage was completely empty.

Rick kicked the wall in frustration and rubbed his forehead, trying to think of something. "We can check other places, but there won't be as many as there were in here"

"Well we're gunna need as much as was in here, ammo to" Michonne added in. I nodded in agreement. If we we're going to survive this, we had to.

We made our way back onto the street and started walking the sidewalk. Things seemed completely quiet and I was glad for that. The less fighting the better. The heat was beating down on my skin and I could feel the slight burn coming on already.

The pavement had arrows in spray paint on it and warning signs covered the streets, telling us to turn back, to leave.

"I don't like the feeling of this" I said calmly, holding one sword in my hand as I looked up at the windows of the building . I swore I saw movement "we shouldn't be here to long "

"I agree....we get what we're coming for and then get the hell outta here" Rick confirmed, keeping his eyes peeled ahead.

The growls of a walker came from behind me and we stopped and looked back to see. I started walking forward to end it when Rick stopped me "She'll just get caught. There's no need"

I stepped back when she ran into the right wiring and suddenly a gun shot rang out as the head of the walker was blown off.

I jumped back and we all looked up to a man on the roof of the building screaming at us "DROP WHAT YOU HAVE AND GO, DROP IT ALL, IN 10 SECONDS!"

The man started counting down and I glared up at him "We need that rifle Rick, we can't leave" I said.

Rick thought on it for a moment and when the man counted to 5, Rick spoke "Carl run!"

Carl took off behind a big truck while Michonne and I sucked behind another, making our way towards the building he was in.

I stayed at the bottom in case the man came down while Michonne went up. I pressed myself against the wall with my sword drawn and knife in the other. Suddenly gunfire appeared and I felt a bullet graze my leg.

I cried out while I jumped behind a piller to avoid being shot in a more critical spot. "Rick!" I shouted out, trying to gain his attention, but he was already on it. Suddenly Carl ran out of nowhere and shot the man in the side, knocking him out and to the ground.

I breathed heavy as I bent over and felt my wound. I winced at the sting of touching it, but it was nothing serious, just a literal graze.

"Are you okay" Michonne asked me. I nodded my head and looked down at the man on the ground. Rick pulled his shirt up to reveal body armor he wore.

"Clever" I said as I looked around "He must be packing some heat " I suggested as I looked up at the tall building.

I zoned out for a little while while the others went upstairs to check things out. I stood watch outside, making sure nothing would be sneaking up on us.

This man was creative. Smart obviously. Creating booby traps and pikes to trap the walkers.

When Rick said he knew him from before, I couldn't imagine how he felt. That must've been a bunch of emotions flooding back all at once.

I perched myself up on a crate and sighed, closing my eyes and listening to everything around me.

It wasn't like it was peaceful by any means, but it was something.

I was growing used to the echoes off the walls in the prison.

Michonne and Carl walked out of the building in the opposite direction of me and I nearly got up to follow, but figured it was best to stay where I was. I was needed here to cover Rick.

I missed Daryl. And the truth was that we haven't even been gone 3 hours and I missed him as badly as the sun misses the moon. With all that's going on with the Governor, I was wanted to get back to the prison as soon as possible to protect our people.

30 minutes later we were finally leaving, thank God. The man who attacked us had walked past me as he walked out of the building  followed by Rick who carried massive amounts of weaponry.

Michonne and Carl came back eventually and carried a baby playpen for Judith to sleep in. I smiled at the two and was surprised to receive one back.

"You guys found a nice one" I said softly as I hoped down off my perch to grab two more big bags of guns that Rick had left next to me.

Michonne nodded and smiled and I wrapped my arm around the top of her shoulders, giving her a quick squeeze "Any problems while you were gone?" I asked quietly

"A little....nothing I couldn't handle" she reassured me as we walked to the car. She grinned a bit "the quicker we load this car, the quicker we get you back home to your man" she teased.

I smiled like a banshee and laughed a little, earning a look from the dark skinned man.

"Home...you said home" I said happily.

Michonne smiled as she looked at the ground and shuffled her feet "I guess I did didn't I" she said.

We shut the trunk and loaded up into the car, and started our long trek back home. But the time seemed to pass by much much quicker this time.

It was a successful day, and I was so glad. We needed this success. Something to give us hope that we stood a chance against the Governor.

I couldn't wait for the others to see our success.

1 hour later

When we rolled up to the prison gates, I was relieved to see nothing else had changed outside. No attacks from the Governor or anything.

Carol was the first to open the gate and soon enough the others rushed outside as we rolled in.

Daryl stood among them and I smiled as we pulled to a stop and I jumped out, quickly walking up to him and embracing him in a tight hug.

He was quick to wrap me up in his arms to and I had never felt such a good feeling in my life.  Having someone to come home to. Someone who cares about me like he did.

We pulled apart a inch and I smiled at him "I promised didn't I" I said as I looked up at him with my big blue eyes.

He nodded his head and kissed me gently, his hands on my waist soothingly. "I missed you"

"I missed you to baby" I said lovingly.

He stared at me with an odd expression for a moment and I rose an eyebrow "What is it?"

"I ain't ever been called baby before" He mumbled honestly with a cute tint to his cheeks.

"We'll get used to it" I giggled, kissing him again with a small bite to his bottom lip. I pulled away and held onto his hand "come look" I said as I led him to the back of the car where everyone now surrounded with tremondous smiles on their faces.

"So many guns!" Maggie exclaimed.

I smiled and laughed with joy, knowing we could properly defend ourselves from the Governor. Daryl smiled and grabbed my ass when no one was watching "Good job" he said softly.

I leaned into his side with a smile "You can thank me later" I said as I looked up at him, winking with a mischievous smile.

He grinned and kissed the top of my head, and in that moment I felt nothing but peace. Even tho we lived in a world where the dead roamed the earth, fighting to survive every single day, a war waiting to happen, we still had moments like this. Moments where I was reminded that this life is still worth living.

___________________________________________________

Hi guys! I'm so sorry it has been soooo long since I've updated. Life has been pretty hectic with some changes. I've had like ZERO time and if I did have time, I will as usually exhausted #momlife.

Please let me know what you guys think. I know I skipped over a lot of major details for this specific scene in the show and I apologize greatly, but I hope y'all enjoy.

Much love ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776K 19.9K 61
COMPLETED - || and still, none of them have felt like home; none of them have felt like you. || highest rank: #1 The Walking Dead #1 Daryl Dixon #1...
4.7K 161 12
THE DIXON TWINS KNEW DISAPPOINTMENT. It greets them like an old friend. A welcomed intruder into their lives in which they have learned to live. So w...
18.9K 462 43
the dead rose-the world fell, but carsyn walsh rose higher. with her family at her side, she grew stronger, smarter, braver... what she didn't expect...
84K 2.9K 37
A young woman. Victim of the new infected world. Her history. Her past. Her encounters. And the fate that is reserved for her in the epidemic. A/N: m...