Paper Cut |Jim Halpert|

By Melaninaide

A girl, a guy and an office job. Maxine is just your average 20-something who has no idea how she ended in S... More

summary; playlist; cast
"It's Just Max."
"...I will kidnap your cat."
"It's my house and my party,"
"I says."
...magnificent.
"T-there wasn't much sleeping."
"You are an evil girl."
"you...and...Pam?"
"Did I say 'shit' day?"
"PDA?"
"You know Chad to?"
"Hank."
"I'm so scared..."
"I think I just peed on myself."
"A baby."
"I'm gonna be a father!"
"Bruuuuuuuuuce."
"Okay."
"this is my baby."
new works
Patreon
Not a chapter but a note

I really fucked up...

5.5K 200 92
By Melaninaide

Max

I fucked up, there's no way around that. I really fucked up, but I don't have time to think about that now. "Are you okay there, Max?" John asked once I opened my eyes back up, "looking a bit pale."

I gave him my very best smile before speaking, "I'm doing great, just feeling the aftershocks of the flu I had."

He looked a shocked, "the flu that you had...five weeks ago?" he asked confused.

"Yes, silly."

_

"Thank you for your generous order," I said to the customer before hanging the phone up, and typing their information into the computer, this job is ass.

"Hey, Max," Jim said smiling and leaning in toward me, "you looked beautiful today, like wow." I smiled at him, unable to form words at the moment. "D-do you come here often?" he asked, sly.

I covered my mouth, trying to cover the laughter that was spilling out of my mouth, "is that the best you got?" I asked him as his face flushed, obviously embarrassed, "I work here by the way."

He looked at me with his dumb, stupidly cute face before licking his lips, "I—" he said before nodding his head, leaning back in his chair. "I'm just gonna wallow in self-pity."

"Yeah?" I asked him sarcastically, biting my lip, "want to go somewhere with me for a minute?"

I think he got the gist of what I was asking of him because he pushed his chair back and stood up almost immediately, "I know just the place," he said, reaching out to me, but before I could take his hand Michael had to ruin the perfect moment.

"Hey everyone," he yelled, gathering everyone's attention, I groaned, "can I have your attention, please? I just thought you all should know that Stanley Hudson is planning on leaving us because our old friend Karen from Utica is going to give him more money to work there."

I looked at Jim confused as everyone applauded Stanley on his new venture, "your ex?" I asked him, he shrugged.

"No, no, no, no, no-no, no, no." Michael said stomping his feet like the child that he is, "you completely misinterpreted my tone, this is a horrible thing. Clearly, Karen is trying to get back at us because Jim dumped her."

I laughed once he said that Jim looked down at me with his big hazel eyes, "I don't think that is what's happening," he said loudly before speaking to me, "it was a mutual break up, so that's not happening."

"Okay," I nodded, raising my eyebrows.

Michael looked at the two of us, shaking his head, "Okay, smartypants, then why?" he asked Jim, "why is she trying to take Stanley from us?" he shrugged, unsure.

"I think it's because of my sales record," Stanley said speaking up.

"That could not possibly be it," Michael dumbly replied.

"Oop," I said at the shade.

"We can still go," Jim said looking down at me.

"Yeah," I nodded before we rushed out of the office in a frenzy and into an empty room in the warehouse, "we should be quick," I told Jim as we made sure no cameras where around.

He grabbed my waist, spinning me towards him, "but not too quick." He said before bending down and kissing me softly, "have I told you that you look absolutely stunning today? Because you do." he said to me before going in for the kill.

_

Jim

I smiled into the camera after John pulled me aside once I made it back to the office, "what was the line that you used on Max earlier?" he asked with a conniving smile, "I want to get it on camera."

I could feel the blush rise on my face, "I asked her if she came here often," I told him, he covered his face trying to stifle a laugh, "I asked her does she come to her job often." I said finally, causing him and the cameraman to shake in laughter.

_

"You and Max seem to be quite cozy lately," Pam said to as we ate lunch, "don't think no one saw you too disappear earlier."

I started chock on my food before I felt someone patting my back, "damn, Jim, didn't you ever learn to chew before you swallow?" Max asked me after she stopped and sat down with us, "what made you chock anyway?" she asked looking between me and Pam curiously.

Pam shrugged, "I was just telling Jim that I saw you guys sneak off to have sex," she said nonchalant, my eyes widened as I waited on how she would react to what she had just heard.

She bit into a burrito before looking at me, "next time we gotta be more careful." She told me; her mouth full but I think that was more of a turn on.

"Next time?" Pam asked as my mouth hung open.

_

I looked into the camera smiling, "I think I'm in love."

_

"Oscar wanted me to invite you to join our new and exclusive club," Pam said to Max as she ate a salad, "it's called the finer things club and after Oscar saw your home, you seemed like the perfect candidate."

Max snorted, I sound I never heard make before but like everything about her, it was perfect, "sounds fetch," she said sarcastically, "what are the kinds of activities do people of the finer lifestyle partake in?"

Pam's faced beamed, I could tell that they were becoming good friends, and that made me happy because Pam is one of my best friends and Max is just... well, she's my Max. "We appreciate literature, music, and fine arts."

"Well, I just have to join then, don't I?" she asked happily, "when are you guys meeting and what do I need to bring?"

I looked between the two, maybe I should be in the club too, I'm an appreciator of art...I mean have you seen Max? "So, tell me again why I can't be part of your club?"

Max laughed, snorting again, "aw, little Jimmy wasn't invited?" she asked using baby talk, pinching my cheeks, "are you jealous, little baby?"

I playfully rolled my eyes at her, as I waited for an answer from Pam, "because some people think you monopolize the conversation by trying to be funny," she told me.

Max's eyebrow rose, "big word," she said to Pam who nodded proudly.

"Oscar?" I asked Pam, monopolize sounds like an Oscar word.

"Some People," was her reply, Max and I looked at one another.

"Oscar," we said at the same time before laughing.

_

Max

I looked at Jim, confused about what was happening as him, Dwight, and Michael headed to the elevator, "where are you guys up to?"

Michael and Dwight looked at one another suspiciously before Michael answered, "we have a...thing." He told me; I could hear the untruthfulness in his voice, so I looked at Jim.

"They think that if I talk to Karen, she will stop poaching us." He told me as we all entered the elevator together, "I told them that this wasn't a good idea but..." he said trailing off, shrugging before he looked at me confused, "what are you doing here?"

I looked directly ahead, "doctor's appointment."

"Are you still sick?" Dwight asked, covering his face dramatically, "because though my immune system is amazing, I don't want to take a chance with whatever genetically modified virus you may possess."

I looked at the camera done with the situation when Jim spoke, "you're not sick right?" he asked, I could hear the concern in his voice, it made my heart flutter.

Nervously, I shook my head, "I, uh, I, it's my vagina's yearly check."

_

I facepalmed, "I really just said that."

_

I could feel the embarrassment creeping up my face as the elevator stopped on the first floor, Jim stayed back as Dwight and Michael filed out, "you're good, right?" he asked, his hand grasping mine as he looked down at me with his light, yet dark eyes. The way the light shined through them was unexplainable.

I could fill my mouth dry out as I tried to talk, I swear he was the only person that could make me act like this; does he know how powerful he is because I could show him, "I-I'm great. We, we should probably go."

He gave me that sideways smile, "I know," he said stroking my hand, "be safe, okay?"

I smiled at you, "you too, please." I told him, his hand lingering for a second before he walked away, giving me one look that sent my insides into a frenzy. I fucked up.

_

The doctor looked at my charts as I sat on the examination table, my legs swinging from anxiety, "I was told by my assistant that you wanted to take a pregnancy test?" she asked, finally looking up.

I shook my head, "I don't need a pregnancy test, I already know that I am pregnant; I just need uhm, the uhm, prenatal vitamins." I told her, ringing my fingers.

She looked at me concerned, "when was your missed period?"

"3 or four weeks ago."

She raised her eyebrows, the look she had is one I'm familiar with, "hmm, this might be a bit early then, how do you know for sure?" she asked looking at my charts, yet again.

I groaned, rolling my eyes. "Look, doc, this isn't my first rodeo."

She nodded, looking at me again. "Your chart says that you've been pregnant before," she said to me, my heart started to heart from the pain of that memory. "How old would your daughter have been?"

"Sh-she would have been 5 in two months," I said gripping the table, white-knuckled, "can we not talk about this?"

She was tightlipped, but I could see the pity in her face, the same as everyone. "Okay, we will just want to run a few tests just to make sure that your suspicions are correct okay?"

I sighed, "whatever." I said to her, she gave me another smile before exiting the room and coming back with a nurse and a medical cart.

"Alrighty," the nurse said, putting on gloves, "we are going to do a blood test because it's the most accurate during the first month or so," she told me as she pulled out a needle and rolled up the short sleeve of my hospital gown.

_

I cried as the credits for Pride and Prejudice rolled across the screen for the second time today, "it's going to be okay." My dad said for the thousandth time since I've been back from the doctor's office.

I shook my head at the words that were coming through the phone because it didn't feel like it was going to be okay, nothing did, "dad, I am pregnant again! I am feeling everything but okay."

_

A new chapter with some major bombs being dropped in it, sorry lol.

FOLLOW

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5.3K 27
Y/N has been at Dunder Mifflin's Scranton branch since she was eighteen, and since Jim Halpert showed up, they've been best friends. But, what if Jim...
106K 3.5K 48
I finally looked up at him and laughed. As soon as our gazes locked I think I was going melt by the intensity in his eyes. "Just promise one thing, n...
1.3M 44.6K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
10.2K 295 24
Isabelle Torres, a loving, talented young saleswoman with the best abilities, has recently been hired at Dunder Mifflin. Now with her new job, Jim H...