She's Got a Way - Billy Hargr...

By FxceOfFxilure

"Is there something wrong with her?" "She doesn't speak, so back off." Billy Hargrove, the loud mouth of Hawk... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Nine

7.2K 154 21
By FxceOfFxilure

The further away from school Elizabeth got the more guilt rose to her throat. Guilt about leaving Billy, about missing more school, about everything. Elizabeth had only spent one full day at her new school and she knew that she was most likely going to get punished for skipping but she just needed her bed. Her body had gone into auto-pilot as she approached the house she was staying in. Shaking her head slightly Lizzy attempted to pull herself back to reality as she pushed open the front door. Looking over to the living room she saw her Aunt and Uncle staring at her, they didn't seem angry that she was skipping or that she didn't come home the night before, they just looked kind of sad. Before they could say anything to her she carried on walking and went to her room.

Tiredly she routed through her wardrobe and pulled out an oversized pair of joggers. Slipping off her jeans, she quickly tugged on the soft pants and rolled the ankles up slightly before flopping down on her bed. Staring up at the ceiling Liz noticed a subtle ache course through her body, all she craved was human contact, a simple hug to try and keep her together.

Elizabeth was pulled out of her trance by a knock at her window. Dragging herself up from the bed she opened her curtains to see Billy there, she sighed before pushing the window open. It wasn't she was angry at Billy, she was just tired. So tired of everything, She just wanted to go home. To her real home.

"I thought I'd find you here." He whispered softly, "Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did and I know it stresses you out. So I am sorry."

Elizabeth smiled at him softly, not being able to stay annoyed at his stupid face. Tiredly she tugged at his jacket, pouting slightly making him laugh before pulling himself up into her room. As soon as his feet were on the floor Lizzy wrapped her arms around him just wanting to be close to someone. It took a moment before Billy reacted, gently he wrapped his arms around her small frame running his fingers through her soft hair, yet he couldn't help but notice her shudder slightly against him and bury her face into his chest.

"Hey. Hey." Billy whispered, his voice so soft it made Elizabeth want to cry. Gently he pressed a kiss on the crown of her head before tightening his arms around her.

Suddenly the moment was broken by the sound of footsteps heading across the landing. Quickly Elizabeth pulled away from the hug, a look at pure fear on her face. Grabbing the collar of Billy's jackets she dragged him over towards her closet and shoved him in, shooting an apologetic look in his direction as she pushed the door too. As soon as she turned away her bedroom door was shoved open and her Uncle wandered in. Elizabeth's stomach knotted when she laid her eyes on him. His usual strut had been replaced with a more reserved walk and she knew something was wrong.

"Elizabeth, it's Robert." Her uncle said, his words breathy. She watched his eyes flicker over the photos on her desk, "Your dad... he went for his last surgery and there was a complication and he didn't, he didn't wake up."

Elizabeth felt like she had just been submerged underwater without warning, drowning. Stood staring at nothing as her brain was screaming for help, struggling to get back to the surface of her thoughts. Her heart was hammering against her ribs like it was trying to escape and at any moment it would just break free; yet she thought her heart leaving her chest would probably hurt less, she willed it to keep going hoping to remove the pain in her head. To everyone else she looked calm, yet most people who are trying not to inhale water do.

"Are you having a laugh?" she heard her uncle scoff, she glance towards him to see a manic look on his face, "Your dad is dead! He's gone! And you still won't speak!" He exclaimed, he stepped over to her desk looking at all the neatly positioned photo frames. He reached for the one of Lizzy and her parents, lifting it up he smirked.

"They are both dead, and you could have saved them," He muttered dropping the frame to the ground with a large smash causing Lizzy to flinch slightly, "You just ran away. Leaving them both for dead. Call yourself a good daughter. You killed them both." With every sentence, he smashed another frame creating a pile of broken glass and photos. His voice was laced with venom, each word injecting a deadly amount into her mind. Tears ran down her face as she felt her entire life crumble around her.

Glancing at the pile of broken glass on the floor Elizabeth felt a hot wave of anger wash over her. Stepping towards her uncle she grabbed the front of his shirt and shoved him away from her beloved memories. Angrily she punched his chest, warm tears trickling down her face. Managing to push him other the the threshold of the door she quickly shut it, muffeling her uncles angry shouts.

As soon as her uncle walked away from her door she scrambled over to where he had dropped her photos and began trying to clear them up. Her eyes were cloudy with tears and her hands shook as she sifted thought broken pieces of glass, cutting her hand open a bit. Suddenly she felt a strong pair of arms pull her away from the pile of glass, she attempted to pull away from their hold, to try and pick up the photos but she just got held tighter. Elizabeth just fell back into their chest, losing the will to fight anymore. The smell of smoke and cologne filled her nose as she sobbed, holding on to his arm with her uninjured hand.

"I got you, I've got you. Just breath for me." Billy whispered rubbing her back while keeping tight hold of her with his other arm. Not once had he ever seen someone so distraught, he had no idea how to fix her so he just kept her close.

Pulling away from Billy she wiped her cheeks trying to remove some of the tears, although they were still falling out of her eyes. Elizabeth shook her head slightly, this is a sick prank, it's all a prank. Standing up, she ran down the stairs before skidding to a stop. Picking up the phone from the receiver she dialled the number her dad had given her before she left. Billy stood behind her with a worried look on his face. Suddenly, someone picked up and they heard a man's voice echo hello down the receiver. She held the phone, both her hands tightly holding it close to her face. Blood dripping down onto the floor from where she cut it on glass. She took a deep stuttery breath in.

"Dad?" she whispered, it was the first word she had said in five years. Her voice was soft, almost non existent, yet there was still a notable british accent peeking through. Billy felt his heart drop of the sound of her speak, she was broken, desperate. It wasn't the way he thought he would first hear her speak.

"Elizabeth is that you?" The man said. Elizabeth's eyes lit up as she looked over at Billy.

"Dad!" She said, a little more excitedly, her voice was still weak and shaky but it was there. It was just a prank. Just a prank, he is okay. Her eyes welled up slightly. Billy felt tears prick his eyes as he watched her smile at the thought of hearing her dad's voice again. Tears spilled down Lizzy's cheeks, she missed him so much, she missed the UK, she missed her home.

"Oh Lizzy, it's Dave. Your dad passed away last night sweetie. I'm sorry." The man at the other end of the phone apologies, "He would've been so proud of you for talking though." He said attempting to comfort her.

Turning around Elizabeth slammed the phone back onto the wall crying into her hand which wasn't spilling blood. Billy wrapped his arms around her not knowing how to react. Leaning down slightly he placed his arm under her legs and lifted her up, her head still on his chest. Carefully he carried her back up the stairs and laid her onto the bed. Kneeling down next to her, he ran his hand through her hair attempting to calm her down.

"Baby?" Billy mumbled making Lizzy glance up at him, "you got a first aid kit?" He asked. Nodding she pointed to the bathroom opposite her room. Getting up, he searched the bathroom until he found the small kit he was looking for before heading back to Lizzy's room. Billy felt his heart break slightly when he walked back into the bedroom. Elizabeth was laid with her arm over her face crying into her elbow while her other hand dangled off the side of her bed, blood slowly dripping onto the floor.

Quietly Billy sat down and took hold of her hand, looking at the cut down her palm. Carefully, he cleaned the wound and wrapped a crisp white bandage around it. Removing her arm from over her eyes she watched as Billy worked, he glanced over at her and smiled softly.

"Do you want anything getting?" Billy asked softly, running his fingers down her outstretched arm. Shaking her head Lizzy wiped the tears off her face and turned onto her side, slipping her hand in Billy's.

Moving her injured hand out of the way, Elizabeth gently tugged Billy toward her making him lay down. Before he had a chance to move Lizzy had already wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into him. Billy just stroked her back, allowing her to lay on his chest, he could feel her crying softly into his shoulder.

"It's okay, I got you." Billy whispered softly, hugging her tighter than before.

A/N I'm real sorry this took so long to be published. IVe had it written for so long but just hated it so I just thought fuck it and shoved it up here. Sorry it's so short but I got plans now lol. Hopefully the next chapter wont take so long. Thanks for all the support this book is getting. It's crazy man. Love yall x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 119K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.2M 49.1K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
711K 15.9K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.2M 51K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC