Umbrella Academy // Number Fi...

By graceisok

Y/N Hargreeves was one of the 43 babies all mysteriously born on the same day. She is known as Number 8 to th... More

Before Reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Part One)
Chapter 16 (Part 3)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
hey guys <3

Chapter 15 (Part Two)

10.7K 209 218
By graceisok

Y/N POV

Hey my dudes!! So what your about to read was the craziest, most relieving, yet saddening days I have ever experienced. I'm not gonna do a long introduction like I did in the last chapter, because I didn't jump like forty years into the future. But I do want to tell you that I am positively sure that you shall give the biggest sigh of relief you have ever done. Just kidding, but that might be the case for some of you!

Okeeeeee now let's get onto the story telling.

Didn't I leave off on the part where I fell asleep looking at the stars, yada yada yada, all that cheesy, cringy stuff. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. Okay, so this takes place the very next day. Sorry, I'll stop blabbering.

I awoke to dirt lightly hitting my face, but apparently just hard enough that it woke me up. The wind must have picked up for a second. My eyes were immediately met with the orangish-yellow hues in the sky. Must have been sorta early in the morning.

I looked to my left expecting to see a sleeping Five, but instead I saw his blanket folded neatly next to his pillow. He must have gone out to get food. At the same time that thought came to mind, my stomach let out a loud growl, to which I laughed because I have the maturity of a six year old.

Slowly, I stood up and leaned back to stretch. At the same moment I heard at least three popping noises. I often forget how old I am. It's moments like these that remind me that I am old enough to be a grandmother. Egh, I don't wanna think about that right now.

I stepped over to our food stash which was getting pretty low. That explains Five being gone, along with the wagon. My eyes narrowed as I tried to decide what to snack on out of the few options there were. "Guess it's gonna be the same as always." I said to myself and grabbed a bag of animal crackers.

At first glance, you would think that everything was damaged by the apocalypse. But if you look closely, there are lots of things that survived. When I spotted a box filled with snack bags of animal crackers, my eyes lit up and I snatched it within the blink of an eye. Five was excited too. As for Delores, we pretended that she didn't like animal crackers just to make things interesting in the very not-interesting environment we were stuck in. Now that I say that out loud, it sounds really sad. 

Plopping back down on the pile of blankets, I grabbed a book. The book was called "Flipped" and it was okay so far (I'm actually currently reading this book so why not throw it in there!) I mean, I was only a quarter of the way done with it, but I've learned to appreciate things more these past several years. Any chance I saw a book of any kind, I grabbed it. I wasn't much of a reader when we were at the Academy, but it's all I really got entertainment-wise now. But, I've thankfully learned to love reading which is a good thing.

I guess I'm somewhat of a reader now, which is honestly a good thing. You can get lost in another world. Be apart of another world. Considering the setting of my world, books helped a lot. They'll take you places you'll never go. It's nice to read books that took place in modern times with no magic or anything like that. They remind me of home. We've been gone for so long that I have just completely given up hope. It sounds depressing when I say that, but I guess it's not so bad. I've got all I really need anyway. I've got Five. And by losing hope that we will find our way home, I don't really have the stressful feeling I had before. I don't have the longing, saddening feeling that I had before when all I could focus on was wanting to get home.

Let's face it. I ain't getting out of here. Ever. But at least I've accepted it and I'm not really bothered by it. I'm not saying that to Five though. It will put him in a bad mood. I just feel bad because he's wasted a really, really long time on that stupid equation. Years. Decades! All of it for nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Hey, I'm back." I jumped as I heard a familiar voice. I glanced down at my book and noticed that the page number hadn't changed since I picked it up. I got so lost in my thoughts. 

Putting my bookmark back in it's place, I turned around and was greeted with a warm smile from Five, his dimples showing through his massive beard. "Hey! Where did you go?" I asked casually, standing up to get him a glass of water.

"To go find food, or anything else that caught my eye. Oh, thanks." He said as a handed him a cup of water in a small metal goblet I found a while ago.

"Welcome." I replied falling down onto the pile of blankets. Five sat down opposite me, nodding at Delores who I had also given a glass of water.

"Remember that old mansion just outside the city limits?" He asked. I nodded in response taking a swig from my cup. He started laughing and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Well, it turns out the wine cellar was untouched."

I almost choked on my drink and my eyes widened. "Really?"

He nodded. "Picked up a few cases of you and Delores's favorite Bordeaux." He smiled lifting his cup to take a drink.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I cheered, lifting my cup in the air to toast to his magnificent discovery.

He chugged what was left in his cup then deeply sighed looking at Delores. He shook his head, "That's an exaggeration. I don't drink too much." Delores made me laugh. I can't say I disagree with here though. But I still did drink just as much as Five. Wine was my favorite type of alcohol. It was Delores's favorite too. "You know, I work hard all day. I- why would you even say that?" I started giggling at the ridiculous conversation happening between an old man and a mannequin, when I heard the sound of movement in the rocks and rubble to my right.

I froze, my cup barely touching my bottom lip. I thought Five didn't hear it, but when I looked over, he had stopped talking, face dropped, just as frozen as me. I reached to my side to grab a knife as he slowly felt around to his side for thew gun. My heart was beating a million miles a minuted but I kept my cool, and gripped the knife tightly, my hand shaking.

Five grabbed the gun and quickly got up and aimed in the direction of the noise.My legs shaking, I stood up, lifting the knife, ready to strike. I looked in the direction of the noise and was surprised by what I saw.

A woman stood in front of us, smiling and waving. She wore a long black coat with black sunglasses and an black headband/hat. Her hair was short, white, and curled. A simple gold bracelet cuffed the hand she was waving with.

Five looked over the gun to see if he was seeing things properly, but kept is aim. My eyes widened in fear and confusion. 

She just continued to wave and to her left, I noticed a briefcase clutched in her other hand. 

_______

Klaus POV

Hey, it's been a while since I've spoken with you guys! Remember back olden days where we were trapped in a mausoleum for hours and I and my siblings were told constantly that we weren't good enough by our own father? Oh, the memories. Been trying to suppress them for years, but we won't talk about that.

Hey, I got an idea! Why don't we talk about how we've been doing? I'll tell about the rest of the academy too. Well based on what I know. We don't really keep in touch. 

Well, how ya been?

*pauses and listens*

Well I obviously don't know what you said so I'll give two responses.

"Oh wow, that awesome!"

and

"Oh dude, I'm so sorry. I really hope you get through it. I send my blessings."

But, I really do hope you're doing good. Oh, how am I doing? Well I mean, I haven't died so I guess pretty good. I mean I'm doing the best I can really. You know what, honesty is the best policy.

How am I feeling? Drunk. Very drunk. If that answers you're question.

Who do I love? Drugs. 

What am I? A nice guy just trying to get by with what he's got and what he can get his hands on. Everyone else will say I'm an addict. I think that's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it's why all the others don't talk to me. But I don't know that for sure.

So what? I've smoked before. Everyone has. I think.

Yeah I drink, and sell some things here and there, but I don't think I'm an addict. Oh, enough about me. Let me tell you about the rest of the glorious Umbrella Academy! The world's favorite crime-fighting kids!

First off, Luther! Last I heard he's still working for the dictator- I mean our father. The only one I'm pretty sure. Wait, let me think..........Yeah, just him. I think he's in like space or something. But I heard that like three years ago, so he's probably done with that mission. I want to go to space!

Diego! The sensitive little boy. But you can't really make him mad because he could possibly slit your throat and get away with it. I have been threatened before. Oh, you gotta love him. To be honest, I don't really know exactly what he does. I know he isn't like an official cop or whatever. But send my best wishes to him!

Now it's time for everyone's favorite manipulator! I didn't mean that in a mean way. It's literally her power. Allison! Well, how can one not know what's going on in her life. She's on every magazine! And lately been in the news for some juicy drama. So since leaving the academy she's like the most famous actress in the world. She's got a daughter, whom I've never met. And like her and her husband Patrick, I don't know his last name, are getting divorced. No one knows why though. And I don't really keep up with the news anyways.

Next comes me, but we already covered that. Now time for Five! So um, he's gone. Have no clue where he is. Haven't for like fifteen years. Hate to be a Debby-Downer but he's probably dead. It was definitely hard to deal with in the beginning. It was for all of us. But, it's been so long now. You have to learn to move past things. Everyone does. Woah that sounded really smart.

Next it's Ben's turn. Well I don't know for sure if Five and Y/N are dead, but I do know that Ben's for sure dead. Yet I get the advantage of getting to talk him. Isn't that write Ben?

"I don't want to be apart of your recap. It's too depressing." He stated.

Fine. Well as you can see he's developed an attitude since being deceased.

"You know I can still hear you, right?"

Yep, I knew the whole time. Surprising Ben is really easy to conjure. Well, He just kinda pops up. I don't really have to do anything. I can't really talk to many other dead people anymore. I don't know why.

Next is the "ordinary" as Dad lovingly liked to call her. Vanya! I don't really have a clue on what she's been doing. We haven't spoken once. It's a shame. She was always one of my favorites.

And lastly, Y/N!! If you're wanting an elaborate description, then I am not the person to talk to. I don't think anyone can give you any sore of description. Because it's the exact same as Five's. Both went missing on the same day. Same time. Both together. It's no surprise that they both left together. They were labeled as "The Duo." She was one of my favorites as well. We were pretty close. Probably because we both got locked up by Dad. We understood each other. She would stick up for me when everyone else was scared too because of our monster of a Dad.

It was sad when her and Five left. I was for all of us. I hope they're still out there. I hope they come back, even though it's not likely.

Well, that's all I really have to say. I know, it wasn't much.  

Bye!

Hey! My! Awesome! People!

So I'm gonna make a part 3 because I still haven't gotten to the god-dang important part yet! Well I introduced it. I could just make a 3,000 word chapter again, but that is a lot of work and it took a lot out of me. Sorry my bois. But, I promise a new chapter very soon! Hold me to that. I will get past the very important part.

I don't really have much to say.

Stay tuned for Part 3!!!

Bye my baby booby bears!!!!<3<3

^^^That sounded disgusting

Question tiiiiiiiiime!!!

Ever almost died???

I had the most traumatic yet funniest memory happen at lunch last school year. Buckle your seatbelts, it's storytime!!!!!

So I was sitting with me homies muchin on some lettuce (yes I am a rabbit) when I got the brightest idea! 

I said to my friends "Hey, why don't I set my water bottle on the table with the cap off and put my mouth on it, and one of you squeeze the bottle?" I know what you're thinking. How can someone have such a stupid idea? But my friends were down. What's the worst that could happen? A little bit of water get on the table? No big deal.

But then one of my friends declared "Here both of us will squeeze the bottle." Implying that two people would be squeezing the bottle. I became a little weary of what could happen, but I brushed it off. What could go wrong?

So I was in position. And then it happened. Both friends squeezed the water bottle. VERY fast. Water went everywhere. EVERYWHERE I tell you! But I didn't only get on the table. No, no, no my friend. About 50% went down into my lungs.

MY LUNGS!!!

I couldn't breathe.

I was suffocating.

Yet I couldn't stop laughing.

Well, attempting to laugh.

You see, I was choking. But I wasn't in a fit of coughing. I couldn't even really cough. I sat there, my eyes wide. Holding my breath because I couldn't even breathe. My face was red. Beet red. I was attempting to smile because at the same time it was dangerous, it was extremely funny.

Somehow, I was able to cough, and i got situated. Back to normal. We wiped up the water on the table. My face went back to a peach color. My eyes stopped watering. 

It was all good.

But I was like in the top 3 of funniest moment for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 1.1K 14
On one day in 1989, 43 infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before. Eight are adopted...
151K 5.3K 27
"How did you do that!?" - "I think it's pretty clear it's because I'm freaking magic!" On the first of October, 1989, 43 women around the world gave...
4.6K 59 11
On the first day of October, 1989, forty-three women around the world simultaneously gave birth. None of the women showed any prior signs of pregnanc...
73.9K 1.7K 20
(Y/N) Hargreeves. The ability to control any type of water and blood. She is number 8 in the Umbrella Academy. The Suffocation. She's always been clo...