Stay With Me

By thisiskatrina

"Are you scared of me?" I break the silence. "Terrified." For a second his dark eyes are on mine, and he's q... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
New Story Preview
Chapter 25
A Short Story
News
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Really Important
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Epilogue Picture
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #6

Chapter Six

5.9K 150 63
By thisiskatrina

Chapter 6

Tris' POV

Tobias and I walk side by side each other in the park. It's really peaceful. The soft breeze, the sun setting, the crickets starting to chirp. I sigh.

"What's wrong?" He questions.

"What? Oh, nothing's wrong. It's just so peaceful." I walk up to a tree, and sit below it. Tobias soon joins me. "So, how was football tryouts?"

"It was great, especially when I got to see some girls in spandex trying out in--"

I elbow him. "Why am I even friends with you?" I laugh.

"It because you love me, Trissy." He blows me a kiss. I roll my eyes. I lay my head on his shoulder, and close my eyes. Should I tell I might have feelings for him? I don't want it to ruin our friendship. Especially since he is my best friend...

"Tobias

"Hmm?"

I take a breath. "I like you."

"What?"

"Do you know what? Nevermind."

"No Tris I-"

"Tobias, just forget I even said anything, I'm going home." I speed walk towards to my house a few blocks near from where I am currently. I try not to cry, which I fail miserably at.

"TRIS! I like you to!" He calls. I stop dead in my tracks. What?

"Y-you l-like me?"I stutter, my back still faced towards him.

"Since sixth grade." Oh my. I run up to Tobias and give him a bear hug.

"That's awkward, cause I've liked you since last week."

"That's good enough for me." He winks. I smile. "So, movies tomorrow?"

"Well obviously."

"Good. I'll pick you up at seven. Wait, let's just hang out until the movies."

"Okay." I tell him. "I should probably go home, it's getting really late."

"Tris, I live next door to you, I'll walk you home." I mentally slap myself.

"Oh yeah." We walk until we reach my house. "I had fun, we should hang out more often." I kiss his cheek, and head towards my house. I turn around and see Tobias quietly cheering to himself. I laugh, and head towards my house.

I wake the next morning all happy and giggley. I changed into a red tank top with a blue skater skirt, and a white cardigan. I straightened my hair, and apply some red lipstick and eyeliner. Once I finish, I go downstairs. I see my mom making pancakes and bacon.

"Good morning sweetie." She greets me.

"Morning." I grab a plate and dig into my meal. Sooner or later, Caleb comes rushing down.

"Oh, it smelled so good upstairs." He eats his breakfast within seconds.

"What did the food ever do to you?" I try to joke.

He scoffs. "I'm going to school, bye Mom!" He hugs her,

"Bye to you too!" I call after him. After I finish my breakfast, I say goodbye to my mother and head towards my mustang. When I get to school, I am greeted by Tobias.

"I was thinking, because we are going to the movies after we hang out and stuff after school, might as well just ride with me?" He asks. I'm a little disappointed at first, because he treats 'us' as if nothing important happened last night. But I ignore it, I don't want to sound all clingy and crap.

"Good idea," I respond.

A few seconds later of just standing there staring at each other, I see the girls running towards us, followed by Uri, Will, and Zeke.

"Tris!" "Four!" They yell at the same time.

Chris cuts them off and says "We made the team, and you're captain."

"Dude, Four, congrats you made quarterback again."

"Oh cool," Tobias and I reply at the same time. We laugh. "Oh girls I have to tell you something, privately. I say while Tobias says, "Dudes, I have to talk to you, privately." Coincidently, he and I say it at the same time, again.

I drag the girls away from the guys. "So, I might or might not have told Four that I like him."

"Wait, since when did Tris Prior like Four, the great and mighty, well... Four?" Marlene and Lynn ask. Weird.

"Since around the begging of last week?"I respond.

The girls giggle.

"Tris, Tris, Tris. You are so oblivious aren't you?" Marlene states.

"What do you mean?

"I mean, Four has liked you for a while. Well, he never told me that, but it's so obviously. The way he always acts around you and stuff."

"Well. Okay, whatever." I sigh. "Anyways, the reason I wanted to talk to you is because, last night I told him I like him, and he said it back."

It takes them a second to process what I say, and when they do they squeal.

"OMG, Tris. This is tots ADORBS." Christina screams. The girls start going on about how we should date and crap. Please help me...

Tobias' POV

"So what do you wanna talk about?" Will asks.

"Oh." I start to smile, like a lot. "Yesterday, Tris and I went on a walk and she told me she liked me..."

"Nice, bro. Are you gonna ask her out?" Zeke questions.

"I dunno man, but I will eventually."

"Ugh, Four man up and stop being such a pansycake." Uriah tries to joke.

"Oh shut up." I laugh nervously.

"Hi." I turn around to see Tris. I grin. "I wanna ask you something." She says.

The three boys start wiggling their eyebrows at me. Oh god..

"Okay, let's go." She grabs my hand and drags me to the bleachers. We take a seat.

"So, I was wondering if you and I could be like, you know, we could be like... You and me." She sighs, "would you be the honor of being my boyfriend?" I laugh, mainly because she was being so awkward when she asked that. Her eyes widen, "oh shit, I'm sorry i-if you didn't want to--"

I cut her off, "Tris I would love to be your boyfriend."

She smiles, "Thank you."

"Wow Tris, you really don't need to thank me for anything. I should be thanking you, I waited so long for you to ask that. Heck, I was going to ask you eventually, but I was too nervous. And- god, I like you so much."

"Tobias, we should probably get going, we are already late for first period anyways."

"Okay, let's go." I grab her hand, and walk towards class. While we are walking, I ask "Do you wanna prank them?"

"What do you mean prank them?" She scrunched her nose. Cute.

"Pretend like we are pissed at each other." I answer.

"I like the idea, but why?" She asks.

"I dunno, I just like messing with them, it's fun."

"Okay, sounds like a plan."

{Tris' POV- Again}

I walk in the class with a really pissed expression. I look and Tobias and his face is really red with "anger". Wow, he's good.

Uriah states blankly at us, "Four, what the hell did you do to Tris?"

"More like what she did to me." He mumbles.

"Tris?" Chris asks.

"I'm sorry I have a geeky brother but that doesn't mean you get the privilege to make fun of him." I try to make something up.

"Well he was pissing me off."

"What?! Because as I recall, he just went up to you and said hi. Dammit Four, what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Tris, can't you just kind your own business for once? You're so clingy." The gang turns around from us, I'm guessing to discuss what they should do about and arguing Four and Tris. While the are arguing I grab Tobias sweatshirt and kiss him full on the lips. We end up making out for a few minutes, I'm guessing. Now that I think about it, where is the teacher? I mean seriously?

"Wait, wha...?" I hear Lynn say.

Tobias' lips are so soft against mine. Is all I can think about. A few seconds later, we get pulled away by Marlene.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Mar looks at us.

"Oh that, we were trying to mess around with you guys, it didn't work at all." I laugh. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. I asked out To-Four out. So now we're sort of dating."

"Wait, I'm so confuse, so you two aren't mad at each other?" Shauna says.

"Nahh" Tobias says. "I like her too much." I smile and lean my head on his shoulder

"I like you too." And I lean in to kiss him, but is rudely pulled apart my Uriah.

I scoff. "Rude." That's when realization hits me again. "Where is Mr. Matthews?"

"Oh yeah, where is he? It's been like half an hour." Zeke says.

"Eh, whatever." I say, and go back to kissing Tobias.

While I do this, everyone else groans, at us.

I honestly am too lazy to proof read this chapter. I only re-read like half the chapter, but whatever. I was also too lazy to update the rest of the chapter until now, mainly cause I ran out of fan fictions to read. Do you guys have any recommendations for fanfics on like divergent? I really need some more to read, anyways...

Until next time, bye!

~K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.2K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
48.8K 846 39
"I needed a miracle," he says through the mic, looking straight at me. "and thank god it was you." • • [like my other story, this isn't going to be s...
20.2K 711 9
Bucky made a bet with Steve that he would have a girlfriend before their trip back home to Brooklyn. Steve is bringing Nat and Bucky doesn't want to...
66.3K 1.3K 20
Where a girl meets a boy while walking and she offers him a ride. David Dobrik *I know David and Liza are together and they are total goals but I th...