Spiderwoman

By ninisnightshade

We all know Spiderman as Peter Parker, but what if Peter Parker was never born? Instead, Danielle Parker got... More

Introduction
Part I
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Part II
22
23
24
25
26
27
ANNIVERSARY
28
29
30
31
32
33
a collection of moments
34
35
36
37
Epilogue

6

7K 218 37
By ninisnightshade

I had now been interning at Stark Industries for 2 weeks, and I'd helped Mr Stark with a lot of problems. After our talk on my first day, I didn't mention the other Avengers or the accords at all. He seems to be doing better and Pepper came back last week.

1 week earlier...

I walked into the Penthouse, holding Mr Stark's and my own coffee while going over what I need to know for my Spanish oral test tomorrow. I walked into the kitchen and put the coffees down when I noticed another person there.

My eyes widened. "Who are you?" She asked, cautiously.

"Um, I'm Dani, Mr Stark's Personal Intern. I'm a huge fan of yours, Miss Potts."

"Really?"

"Uh yeah. You took over Stark Industries and became CEO, having to deal with so many idiots and not to mention how the SI profits increased by 43% in your first month of being in charge. Sorry for rambling, you're just a hero of mine."

She smiled at me and looked behind me. "I like this one." I turned around to see Tony Stark eating blueberries.

"Oh hey, Mr Stark, I have your coffee. Miss Potts would you like me to get you anything?"

"I'm fine thank you, Dani."

"She gets a whole ramble about how much you admire her and I get 'Oh hey, Mr Stark.' What gives kid?"

I just shrugged and he sighed. "Alright then. Danielle, this is my girlfriend, Pepper, Pepper this is Danielle and only call her Danielle."

"Please call me Dani."

She smiled and shook my hand. "Well it's lovely to meet you Dani."

I was stood in the cafe on floor 4, getting mine and Tony's coffees. "Hey, Kayla." I smiled at the girl working there and she nodded.

"Hi, Dani, how's it going?"

"Alright. Mr Stark's been so much happier since Miss Potts came back."

"Don't I know it. The whole mood of the building has become a lot more positive. Here you go."

"Thanks Kayla." I scanned my badge and took the coffees, walking into the elevator. As I was about to go up, I was stopped by one of the interns.

"Dani!" I turned around.

"Hey, Sam what's up?"

"We were wondering if you could help us with something we can't quite work out. Mindy has been raving about your genius all week, and no one else in the lab seems to be able to figure it out."

"Sure, I'll help. Just let me get Mr Stark his coffee, and I ll be right there. What floor are you working on today?"

"Floor 6, Lab G."

"I'll be there in 5 minutes tops."

"Thanks Dani."

I went into the private elevator only 3 people were allowed to use and went up to the Starks' living floor.

"Mr Stark?!" I called out for Tony, and when there was no response, headed down to the lab.

He was pacing. "Tony? I have your coffee."

"Put it down there. I need to tell you something."

"Can it wait? I promised one of the interns that I would help them out with something."

"Yeah, sure. Be back in an hour."

"Will do. Enjoy your coffee."

I headed back down the elevator and went to Floor 6, Lab G. I knocked on the door before entering and poked my head in. "I heard my assistance was requested?"

Mindy ran over to me, smiling. "Oh good, Dani you're here. None of us, no one at all can figure out the problem with this equation. It looks fine but then when we try it out, nothing happens."

I set down my coffee and walked over, brow furrowed. "Lemme take a look."

I looked at the equation, but saw nothing wrong. "Hmm, is it on at the wall?"

"Yeah the switch is on."

"But are there any electrical impulses coming through?"

"I think so."

I checked out the cables and saw that they weren't arranged properly.

"Oh, guys. You got the space grey and dark grey confused. Anyone would do it, you need a really sharp eye to detect it."

I unplugged it and rearranged the cables. "Try it now."

The turned it on and it worked. "Oh my god, thank you so much Dani you're a lifesaver. I can't believe none of us saw it."

"Don't beat yourselves up, guys. I just have really good eyesight for detecting this kind of thing. Now, I have to get going, Mr Stark has to tell me something. God, I hope he didn't blow up the coffee machine... again."

"He did that?"

"Oh yeah. Man may be a genius, but actually has no idea how to work household appliances. If you ever want to get Tony Stark confused, give him an automatic vacuum cleaner. God. Bye, Sam, Bye Mindy, Bye Lana."

I waved goodbye to the interns and left the room chuckling. I picked up my iced latte from the side and headed to the private elevator, where I was stopped by a security guard.

"I'm sorry, Miss, this is a private elevator."

I smiled at them and got out my badge. "I'm Mr Stark's personal intern, Danielle."

"Oh, sorry Miss." They stepped aside and I entered the elevator.

"It's fine. Good to know you're doing your jobs properly."

I got in the elevator and drank my coffee. I got into the penthouse and saw Tony had moved from pacing in the lab to pacing in the living room.

"Dude, you're gonna burn a hole in the floor if you keep pacing, and Pepper will not want to come back home to see you have created a hole in the carpet. What's going on?"

"So, I did something."

I crossed my arms. "What?"

"Well, I thought about what you said and talked to Pepper about it and I got the Avengers pardoned and they're all moving in here."

"What?!"

"Yeah, They're coming over later."

"All of them?"

"Except Thor who's in Asgard and Banner who's off the grid. And I got the accords destroyed."

"How?!"

"Blackmail. Anyway, the Avengers are coming over and living here, including Cap and his old friend."

"Damn. Have you told Pepper there's gonna be people who tried to kill her boyfriend living in your home?"

"Yes. Pepper knows."

"Ok. Did you tell the employees that the Avengers are moving back in?"

"No. As of right now, you, Fury, Hill and Pepper are the only non avengers who know."

"OK. Well, you need to calm down."

"I can't. I can't stop thinking about what could happen with them all under the same roof."

"Well, why don't we do something to take your mind off it?"

"Like what?"

"How about we see who's stronger?"

"It's obviously me."

"Don't be so sure, dude. You in or not?"

"Sure. How are we gonna do it?"

"We will be using the ultimate test of strength." He raised an eyebrow.

"An arm wrestle."

"Alright kid, let's go."

"Why don't we make it interesting?"

"Interesting how?"

"Make it a bet. If I win, you have to get your own and my coffee for 2 weeks and tell the next person we see that I'm smarter than you."

"Alright. When I win, you have to sit through one of my 5 hour meetings."

"5 hours? Who can sit in one room for 5 hours? Especially when you're just using boring business jargon."

"Exactly, kid. Exactly."

"Alright, you're on Stark."

We both put our elbows on the table and wiggled our fingers. "Ready old man?"

"Ready to destroy you kid."

"We'll see."

We gripped each others hand and I counted down.

"Alright, on go or you're cheating. 3, 2, 1, go !"

I relaxed my arm a bit as he got my arm about half way down, then, as he was about to win, I slammed his hand down on the table. He looked at his arm in shock.

"How did you- what?"

"Ha! Now you have to get your own coffee Stark. Never underestimate a girl with super strength."

"Hey! That's cheating!"

"Not really. It's not my fault you just conveniently forgot about it, Anthony."

"Oh you are such a cheater, Danielle. Alright, let's even the playing field."

I raised an eyebrow. "How so, Iron Man?"

He smirked. "Well, Spiderwoman, since you have super strength, I get to use my Iron Man suit over my arm."

"Fine. I'll still beat you."

"Don't be so sure. Same deal as before?"

"Dude you already lost. We need something else to bet. How about, if I win not only do you have to buy your own coffee, but you also have to serve food at a homeless shelter and you have to reprogram Friday to call me Queen Dani for eternity."

"Seriously? Fine. If I win, you have to sit through a 5 hour meeting, and you have to wear a hotdog costume to work for a week."

"Seriously dude? That's the most random thing ever, but sure."

He got his metal arm on and I stretched mine. "Ready to dress like a hotdog for a week, Danielle?"

"Ready to serve food to the homeless, Anthony?"

We gripped hands and it was pretty equal at first. We were at a standstill for 30 seconds, before I managed to press his arm to the table and screamed in victory.

"Ha! You lose, Stark! Get ready to serve food to the homeless!"

"What the hell?"

"Language!"

We both turned around to see the Avengers standing there. My eyes were wide for a second before I smirked. "Remember the first bet, Stark."

"What?"

"Friday, replay the terms of the first arm wrestle bet."

"Make it a bet. If I win, you have to get your own and my coffee for 2 weeks and tell the next person we see that I'm smarter than you."

"Thank you Friday, that's all."

I cocked my head expectantly and he grumbled. "You have been spending way too much time here kid."

"Yeah yeah, go on."

He turned to the Avengers and sighed. "This is my personal intern, Danielle and she's smarter than me."

"Mia, can you set that as my new ringtone."

"Yes, Miss Parker, your new ringtone has been set."

I smirked and Tony rolled his eyes. "Thanks Mia."

I turned back to the Avengers. I scanned their surprised faces. "I'm Danielle Parker, everybody calls me Dani."

"I don't."

"That's because you're a horrible person."

"Rude!"

"Anyway, I should probably let you guys catch up, please refrain from killing Mr Stark, as I don't think Miss Potts would like that very much."

"Hey, kid, where are you going, why don't you stay?" It was Black Widow who spoke.

"I would, but I have some errands to run. It was great meeting all of you, I'll see you tomorrow!"

I walked back to the elevator and left the building to go fight some crime.

Later on, at the Avengers Compound, the newly reunited friends were eating Chinese food and talking.

"So, Tony, what's the deal with the kid?" Hawkeye asked while stuffing a spring roll in his mouth.

"Who? Dani? She's just an intern."

"Just an intern? She managed to beat you in an arm wrestle, while you were wearing a part of your suit."

He scoffed defensively. "I let her win. It's her that you all have to thank for my forgiveness."

"What did she say to make you change your mind?"

"Told me that my anger was distracting me from my work, she was right. Which is why, Bucky, I forgive you for killing my parents when you were being controlled. And I forgive the rest of you for not signing the accords, I got rid of them anyway."

"Damn Tony, this kid's been good for you."

"Yeah everyone keeps saying that."

"How old is she?" Cap asked

"Uh, she's 15. Kid's a genius."

"Really?"

"Yeah sometimes she just drops off my coffee and then goes downstairs to help interns out with work they don't understand. Interns that are about 5 years older than her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 1.2K 49
"Friends. I have friends. Friends who aren't superheroes. Oh Josie, if only you knew." Ever since Afghanistan. Ever since he became Iron Man. Ever si...
15K 348 30
August 10, 2005 Heaven forbid the wrong person finds this journal. If something is to ever happen to us, I want you to know the truth. Your father a...
1.4K 69 8
You are a young successful model, but your career wasn't quite as stressful as it looked next to being a spider-girl, with a tragic past. It doesn't...
17.9K 498 10
Julia Stark has spent years at Midtown without crossing paths with significantly-less-cool Peter Parker. And she never would have, if he hadn't start...