Forever & Always

By yumnaxxariff

๐€๐ฏ๐š ๐–๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ and her family of 5 recently moved continents after the tragic death of her beloved gra... More

A / N
โ€ข | 1 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 2 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 3 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 4 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 5 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 6 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 7 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 8 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 9 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 10 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 11 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 12 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 13 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 14| โ€ข
โ€ข | 15 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 16 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 17 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 18 | โ€ข
โ€ข| 19 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 20 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 21 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 22 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 23 | โ€ข
โ€ข | 24 | โ€ข
โ€ข| 25 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 26 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 27 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 28 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 29 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 30 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 31 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 32 | โ€ข
โ€ข| 33 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 34 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 35 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 36 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 37 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 38 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 39 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 40 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 41 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 42 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 43 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 44 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 45 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 46 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 47 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 48 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 49|โ€ข
โ€ข| 50 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 51 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 52 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 54 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 55 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 56 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 57 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 58 |โ€ข
โ€ข| 59 |โ€ข
โ€ข| EPILOGUE |โ€ข
Bonus Chapter
NEW BOOK!

โ€ข| 53 |โ€ข

30.7K 1.1K 632
By yumnaxxariff

Gif of Ava...cause why nottt. Okay. Carry on reading, Hope you enjoy xx

A V A

After the doctor left us, we entered the room, he wasn't vomiting right now but he looked really pale and sick.

He weakly turns to look at us and his eyes zero on me.

"Ava? When did you come here?" He questions me.

"I came here on Saturday. How are you holding up right now?" I ask while I sit on a seat next to Mrs Johnson.

"I've been better" he simple shrugs his shoulder.

"Sam? Do you need something to eat?" Mrs Johnson asks her son.

"Mom, I'm fine. I'm not hungry right now, my throat kind of hurts from all the vomiting" he explains.

"Alright, tell me if you need anything, Alright sweetie?" Mrs Johnson holds onto his skinny hands giving it a light squeeze.

"Um, listen Sam. I really need to talk to you and apologise to you for—"

"No, don't apologise for anything" he stubbornly shakes his head.

"I'll go and get myself some coffee from the cafeteria. You guys can continue talking" Mrs Johnson takes that as a cue to leave.

She walks out the room and then I continue talking.

"Sam please hear me out, I've been such a crappy best friend to you, I haven't been there for you when you were at your lowest. I'm truly very sorry about that" I says while I hold onto his hand.

"Hey. You don't need to apologise about anything, I'm happy for you, you're happy where you are right now and that's what matters. Ava, I love you, you're like a sister I've never had. And what are you talking about? when I went to California for my treatment, you were there for me and you did help me" he says in his thick Australian accent while he squeezes my hand.

"I'm still really sorry, I can't stop feeling guilty. I love you too and everyone is praying you get better" I smile at him.

"Now...enough with the apologies and tell me everything that's going on in your life" he laughs

I laugh too and start telling him about everything that had happened with Annabelle and the how Blake and I got together.

"You and Blake are dating?" He asks

I nod my head yes.

"Finally! I could literally see from miles away that you guys were interested in each other, but you guys just never told each other, so...now my little sister is growing up. She has her very first boyfriend" he shakes his head and pretends to wipe a fake tear dramatically.

"I didn't make it that obvious, and we're the same age" I roll my eye.

"Mhm, sure you didn't, except for the fact that you couldn't keep your eyes away from him and you kept talking about him to that other friend of your, her names Rose?" He sarcastically rolling his eyes.

I blush and look away.

"Plus, I'm 18 now, a legal adult, and you're still 17" he adds

" I'm turning 18 in 2 months" I cross my arms over my chest.

Just then Mrs Johnson comes back with coffee and we all just have a conversation for an hour before Sam says he was getting tired.

I say goodbye to him before kissing his forehead and walking out of his room with Mrs Johnson right behind me.

I wave at Mrs Johnson before walking out of the hospital building, it was already 8pm and I was getting a bit hungry, I was also really tired.

I went back to the hotel and ordered myself some pizza and then I went to sleep before texting Blake a quick goodnight text because he told me to text him multiple times of the day.

Ava: goodnight Blakey boooo

I instantly get a text back from him.

Blakey boo: Blakey boo? Eww. Don't ever call me that 😂

Ava: aww, why? I like it

Blakey boo: well...I don't like it 😂

He send me another text.

Blakey boo: any news on Sam?

Ava: I talked to him today, he looked ill but I still talked to him.

Blakey boo: that's good, I'm glad you got to talk to him. You must be really tired, text me tomorrow once you get up, okay?

Ava: yeah okay, goodnight Blakey boooo

Blakey boo: you won't stop calling me that will you? Anyways goodnight baby.

Ava: nope, I'm never going to stop calling you that.

I put my phone on the night stand and lay down on my bed pulling the comfy duvet over my face.

I guess he really misses me, and I've only been gone for 2 days.

***

Today was Monday, I was heading back to San Francisco at night. It was only 3 in the afternoon right now and I was on my way to the hospital to see Sam. I wanted to see if he was getting better, yesterday after Sam woke up from the small nap the doctor did some tests on him once again but there was once again no improvement what so ever.

He can do this, he'll fight this. He's strong. He can do this.

This was my mantra that I kept chanting in my head for a few days now. I know Sam is strong.

I walked into the building and greeted the nurse before heading up to the 3rd floor.

As soon as I got out of the elevator there were many nurses and other doctors rushing into a room.

And I recognised that room instantly.

That's Sam's room.

My eyes quickly land on a sobbing Mrs Johnson, she was trying to enter the room but a nurse was telling her that she wasn't allowed to. I rush up to her and ask her want was happening, holding in my tears and try to stay calm and collected.

"Sam, he...he's having trouble I'm breathing—h-he can't breath" Mrs Johnson tries to explain.

"WHAT" I screech and I try looking past all the nurses and doctors surrounding him around his bed, from the window I couldn't see anything.

My eyes start to get blurry with the unshed tears.

I start pacing back and forth from the door.

Hurry up. Hurry up. Hurry up.

Why are these doctors taking so long to come out of the damn room?

After about 20 minutes Dr. Jones walks out of the room with a very solemn expression.

"Mrs Johnson I'm sorry, but there was nothing we could do. Sam passed away."

Just then I felt like everything stopped, I didn't move, I couldn't breath.

This can't be happening, No.

"He flat lined because he was having problems with breathing, we tried to help. But nothing was working" she explains further, looking very solemn.

That's when everything processes. Sam is no more, he isn't here anymore. He's gone. Forever.

That's when I  broke into tears, Mrs Johnson had already started crying once the doctor first told us.

I look through the window to see the thin white blanket over his face, the nurses pull him out of the room and take him to the Morgue.

I was still standing unable to move.

My best friend of 17 years of my life is no more, he's gone forever.

I sit down on the seat outside his room while more tears just shed down my face.

Mrs Johnson has always been a single mother, she had Sam when she was only 19. Sams father left her when he found out she was pregnant at the age of 19.

I walk up to Mrs Johnson and wrap my arms around her, she hugs me back and continues to cry in my shoulder while hot tears still stream down my own face.

Sam was the only person she had in her life, her parents had kicked her out of the house after finding out she was pregnant.

I pull out my phone from my pocket and call the first person I could think of.

I tap on their contact and the phone rings for about a few seconds.

Then the person answers.

"Hello, are you okay?"

"Mom, Sam passed away, he flat lined" I sob into the phone.

"What? Oh my god! Is Mrs Johnson Alright?" Mom asks

"No, she isn't" I sniffle, tears still streaming down my face.

"Mom, I didn't want to leave today. I want to stay a little longer, I want to stay for the funeral" I sob.

"Oh honey, it's fine. You can stay, I really wish I could come but I can't, your dad would be going though." Mom says, I could hear her voice wavering, like she was trying to hold in the tears.

"Okay" I say and try wiping the tears from my face but the tears never stopped.

I end the call and I just sit with my head in my hands and my elbows on my knees.

***

I went back to the hotel when Mrs Johnson went home.

I couldn't stop crying the whole ride.

I walked into the room at around 7pm.

Mrs Johnson and I stayed at the hospital for a few hours.

I opened the photos app on my phone and sat down on my bed.

I scrolled to the top till I found pictures of Sam, I found picture of him with cake all over face.

It was when he turned 16, he still had all his blonde hair and his brown eyes had life in it.

It was when one of his friends shoved his face in the cake when he blew of ten candles.

I found another picture of when Sam was jumping into his pool in the backyard and it was a perfectly timed photo.

We had the most weirdest expression when jumping in to do a cannonball.

I had this other one when we were in our favourite coffee shop in Sydney and he drank his coffee when it was hot and I had a perfectly timed photo of his reaction.

I kept scrolling and it brought back so many memories that I had with him. I didn't even realise I was crying again.

I put my phone on the night stand and tried getting some sleep but my eyes never shut.

***
I didn't get any sleep, at all.

Once I saw the sun peeking through the small gap between the curtains of the floor to ceiling window, I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

I saw myself in the mirror and winced, my face was red due to all the crying, my hair was a mess, and I had bad eye bags.

It was almost 7 in the morning, dad said he'll be arriving here at 9 and the funeral was at 10.

Oh Sam...

I didn't even realise that I was crying while taking a shower.

How pathetic am I?

I got out of the shower and headed for the suitcase that was in the corner of the room, I took some clothes and walked to my bed with my towel still wrapped around my body.

I sat on the middle of the bed just thinking, I didn't even realise 2 hour had passed by, and I was still sitting in my towel.

What's wrong with me?

I quickly change into some black clothes and I get a text from my dad telling me that he had reached and would be heading straight for the funeral.

I leave the hotel room and I start heading for the cemetery, where Sams funeral was taking place.

After an hour of sitting in the cab, we finally reached.

There were so many people already there, I also spotted Brian with his girlfriend Andy and my Dad, Dad nor Brian we're crying but They did look broken and sad, Andy was crying.

I wasn't crying cause I couldn't cry anymore, it was like I didn't have any more tears.

When I was in high school here in Sydney, Andy used to always see me and Sam together every time she used to come to our house. She was also really close to Sam just as much as Brian was.

I walk up to them and my dad instantly gives me a big hug.

That's when I start crying all over again.

Brian then comes up to me and gives me a big too, telling me everything would be fine.

But how could everything be fine? My best friend is no more, he's gone. Nothing is going to be fine.

Andy comes and gives me a hug too and I noticed the diamond ring on her ring finger on her right hand.

I hug her back and we both sob into each other's shoulder.

***

The funeral was over, I said my speech and I couldn't stop crying, it was still processing in my head that my best friend is no more. That he's gone.

My dad and I went back to the hotel, he kept his stuff in his room while I went to mine to freshen up and change out of the clothes I was wearing.

The whole day I just spent in my room mourning.

I didn't even remember when I was pulled into deep slumber.

•••
A/N

He's a gif of Blake because he's a cutie and plus since I put a gif of Ava, I wanted one of Blake too...so yeah enjoy that.

Any who hope you enjoyed this chapter (I definitely didn't enjoy writing it)

**none of the gifs are mine**

Don't forget to Vote by clicking the star icon on the bottom left corner ⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

799K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
72.3K 984 31
Enemies to loversโค๏ธ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
87K 2.1K 53
"๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ๐ฌ. ๐„๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐œ๐œ๐ž๐ฉ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐จ๐ซ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ." - "๐ˆ'...