A Mermaid Tale - Book 1 (IN E...

By NocteLamia101

"I was smoking on Shellfish Bridge, thinking about how I had completely screwed up my life, when an idea occu... More

A Mermaid Tale - Book 1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Acknowledgements
Fun Facts about A Mermaid Tale

Chapter 17

28.3K 1K 166
By NocteLamia101

Originally Published in 2012

I'M A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WORLD LIFE IN PLASTIC IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 17

Taiven

            "Where is Tara?" He asked Sabian as he got back into the cottage after sitting outside for way to long. Hopefully she had calm down a little in the bathroom.

            "I had thought that she went to go see you outside when she had stormed out earlier." Sabian answered, looking past Taiven as if she would magically appear at his words. She didn't. "Well then majesty, I suppose that she is left."

            "She didn't even say goodbye!" Margot whined to whoever would listen to her.

             "Wait, so she is gone?" Taiven recapped.

            "Sire, if she is not outside, than she must be." Sabian avoided looking at him; as he should. Taiven was a prince after all.

            He sighed and went to sit down on a couch in the living room. Taiven rubbed his eyes; he hadn't got much sleep in awhile. "What am I going to do with her?" He wondered out loud to himself, which Margot didn't seem to understand.

            "You could marry her." The little girl responded to his non-directed question. "Then you can both live happily ever after in your underwater castle!" She sounded rather cheery.

            "Shh, Margot why don't you go upstairs and play with your dolls?" Sabian told his daughter.

            "Will you come play with me Daddy?" Margot asked her dad.

            "Well, hum, no sweet heart Daddy's busy."

            "I'll go." Taiven cut in getting up from the couch. "It might keep my mind occupied and away from my many thoughts."

            "If that is what you want majesty" Sabian answered.

            Taiven didn't miss the amusement in his old friend's voice; but even Taiven thoughts of it as funny. He was a prince, and he was about to play dolls with a six year old. That was not something that happened everyday.

            Margot let out a shriek of delight, as she jumped off her chair in the dining room, and ran across the floor to grab Taiven's arm and drag him all the way upstairs to her toy room. And there were a lot of toys, way, way, way too may by Taiven's taste but clearly not by Margot's. She raced across her play room and hurried to grab a large green box and dump it on the floor; and out came the Barbies. And again, there were too many of those too.

            "I get first pick!" Margot called out, grabbing a tone of dolls for herself.

            When she was grabbing her eighth doll, she looked at it and considered it before handing it over to Taiven. "You can have her." She said to him. "She looks like Tara, see, she has purple in her hair too."

            Taiven looked at it. The purple in the hair way too dark, full and thick to even be close to resemble Tara's small perfect streaks. And that plastic fake smile on the Barbie's face just made Taiven want to throw it across the room. No. This Barbie did not resemble Tara, not one bit.

            "What is it you think of Tara?" He asked Margot, as the little girl carefully started brushing each of her Barbie's hair with a small plastic brush.

            "I think she's pretty and smells nice." She answered, switching dolls. It was then her turn to ask him a question. "But why does she always look so sad?"

            That caught him completely off guard. Not only because he wasn't expecting for a question like that to come out of a six years old mouth, but because he didn't really know how to explain it to answer her. But after thinking about seriously for awhile, he came up with a reply easy enough for her to understand.

            "Tara is not very happy." He said to Margot, rather happy with his simple answer.

            "Why is she not happy?" She then asked, as she put a big red dress on one of her dolls.

            He had been prepared for this type of question, unlike the other one. "Because her life is not very fair."

            "What does fair mean?" Margot asked, shoving a pair of Barbies into a car.

            "It means that you do not always get what you wish." That was the simplest way that he could out it.

            "What is it that you want Prince Taiven?" For you to stop asking questions, he thoughts but didn't say.

            It was strange how his subjects back in the kingdom would wait hours outside the castle waters only to ask of him one question or favour. And right now, six year old Margot had not only had him playing Barbies, but was now starting to ask very deep and personnel questions.

            "I want to be happy." He decided to answer. "And I wish for my kingdom to be happy."

            "What makes you happy?" Do all young ones ask so many questions? Was she even aware of the type of questions that she was asking?

            "I do not really know." He lied, hoping that she wouldn't notice. He even tried putting a pair of jeans onto a Barbie to prove that he wanted to play, no answer questions that his mind wasn't already asking.

            "Does Tara make you happy?" And there it was. The question that he had been asking himself now for way to long, but now was the moment to answer.

            He took a deep breath and said "Yes."

            He started looking for her in the ocean, in the usual spots that she usually played around in. He knew very well that Tara would be anywhere but at the castle, because she would be avoiding him. But he wasn't going to allow that anymore. He didn't know how long he looked, or how much time had passed, but one thing was for certain; she was not in the water. He sighed, and swam up to the surface and onto the supply boat to put clothing on. When he got into the boat, he noticed that many things were misplaced; someone had recently been here. Yes, he got his hopes up.

            When he had changed into warm clothes, he then got out of the boat and started to look for her around town. At some moments, he was able to pick up her lovely sent, but it never led him anywhere; it was very frustrating. It was twilight time, and his search had led him nowhere, maybe she was gone for good, far away to the other end of the ocean. Yes, he was giving up; and yes, he needed to pee. He went to nearly place that had a bathroom, which just happened to be the restaurant that he and his father had first talked to about Tara; it seemed like such a long time ago. As he walked up to the place, he noticed two figures embracing each other close to the door. He immediately recognised Tara, among the two of them. And he just knew, that she had seen him too. 

Vote and comment :)

PS: Can I just say, when you think about it, the Barbie song is really perverted....think about it.

- NocteLamia101

Enjoying my work so far? I encourage you to check out my other stories such as The Way to Neverland: A Peter Pan Story and The Walkers Saga! Available on my profile!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 372 26
Coming into the human world was definitely not my idea but I had no choice. I am the mermaid princess of the North American seas. The most powerful w...
2K 183 37
"Thank you for saving my niece and nephew." said Eric. "You're welcome." I replied. *** Adam lives deep in the sea. He loves to trick sailors down t...
125K 4K 32
Melody was just like any normal teen. Well unless you count her having one parent, an abusive father, and being mute. Finally away from her father sh...
73.1K 3.6K 24
This is a mermaid story. Don't judge. Pale is a normal 14 year old girl until one day she finds herself craving for water. Not to drink it, but to s...