Vindication (Book 2 of "Sex D...

By _ne_ne

Vindication - the action of clearing someone of blame or suspicion. (DESCRIPTION INSIDE) Published: July 9, 2... More

Description
Opening Chapter
2.
3.
4.
5.
6. (Part 1)
6. (Part 2)
7.
Ch. 7 Filler
8.
9.
Ch. 9 Filler
10.
11. (Part 1)
11. (Part 2)
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20. (Part 1)
20. (Part 2)
21. (Part 1)
HELLUR (NEW)

12.

2.2K 291 335
By _ne_ne

Two weeks later...

Saturday,
September 5, 2026

1:54 p.m.

Persia Madlock

I sat on the end of the bed I shared with Jasper listening to the children's laughter coming from the next room as he played with them. It had been nice to have him home the past week but I knew that he would be leaving back out today because he'd gotten information on the man who'd left Kylah for dead. I wanted nothing more than for him to stay here with me because I was used to having him here with me and the kids helping me with them. I was still getting used to being alone with them and trying to trust myself with them. The way I'd snapped on Koren and Kylah had even frightened me because I'd never had to put my hands on a child before. I feared myself for hitting both girls the way I had. I'd never snapped like that before. Ever. It made me question myself. The things Mia had made me do had me questioning how sane I was.

I played with my fingers and closed my eyes thinking back to how it was when Jasper and I had fled. It was a few months after I'd given birth to Jameel.

"Baby...I'm scared." I told him as we lay side by side in the hotel room floor.

"I know." He yawned.

"I don't like that you gave up everything for me. You shouldn't be hiding babe. You should be with your other kids. You should be living in your own home and maintaining a relationship with your friends and family. You did nothing wrong and I hate that you're doing this for me." I told him.

"You're talking nonsense right now." He said tiredly as he closed his eyes.

"No. I'm being honest with you. Just leave Jameel and I here. I'll run. I just want you to get back home and—"

"What's done is done Persia. I faked my death so I can't just go back like nothing ever happened. I got you out of town because I love you and I wanted you and my son safe. I'm not giving up on the ones I left in Louisiana. I'm just looking out for the ones who can't look out for themselves and who needs the most protection right now. I have a plan and I'm gonna stick to it. I'm still gonna be apart of Koren and Kylah's life and see my family and friends. Don't stress baby. I got everything. I got it. I promise."

My eyes watered and before a tear could fall I quickly wiped my eyes when Jasper walked into the room.

"You crying again?"

"No." I lied.

He sucked his teeth and cracked a smile. "C'mere." He held his hand out and I took it as he pulled me to my feet and into a hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso and just held on to him as he kissed the top of my head.

"I wish you didn't have to leave again. You always put my mind at ease when you're here."

"I have to go do what I gotta do for my baby. I know who hurt her now and I'm not gonna sleep until Julian and I put this nigga in the ground." He told me. I looked up at him searching his eyes and I could see just how serious he was about it. "I'll be gone for a few days this time. Not two weeks."

"Jasper I— Never mind."

He squinted his eyes as if he was curious to know. "Talk to me." He gently cupped my face leaning down pecking my lips.

"I'm just scared."

"Why? Hm?" He pecked my lips again.

"You know why Jasper. I'm just afraid that you're gonna lose control like you did the last time you hurt someone to protect someone you loved. Remember what happened a little over two years ago late one night when a guy at a gas station recognized me and you—"

"I did what I had to to protect you and my babies."

"Even killing the cop that showed up? Sure you cleaned your prints from everything and took the surveillance videos but—"

"Baby..." He exhaled leaning down resting his forehead against mine. "All I'm asking is that you trust me and trust that I won't be sloppy and that I'm coming back."

I didn't know how true that was and I hated that he'd actually killed for me. Sure I'd told him to make the bastard who'd hurt Kylah suffer two weeks ago but that was my own anger speaking. Seeing how Mia had made me murder people made me totally against harming people. I still had some traits of Mia's like smoking when my nerves were bad, feeling anxious, insecurities, getting jealous, and getting angry fast but unlike her I knew how to control it.

"Come here..." He grabbed me by the hand leading me out of the room next door to Jameel and Kamaurie's room.

"Look at them..." He told me and I stared into the faces of all three of my children who sat on the floor playing with their toys.

"Look at what you gave me. You think I won't come back home to them? Hm?" He questioned. "You gave me that. I'll never just up and leave and not make it back to my babies to make sure they're protected. I love y'all but I also have to make sure Kylah and Koren are protected too."

My eyes started to water as I just stared at all three of my children. While looking at them I started to wonder what it would be like if Karlee was here. She would've been six.

"Mama why you crying?" Jameel asked me standing up walking to me with his arms out. "Give me a hug mama. Bring it in."

Jasper and I burst out laughing and I squatted down to his height and he threw his arms around my neck hugging me tight. He kissed my cheek and tried rocking me from side to side but that only made me laugh harder.

"I love you mama. Don't cry okay?" He kissed my cheek again. I wrapped my arms around his back and cracked a smile as a tear slid down my cheek.

"No. I hug mama." Kamaurie said running over wrapping her arms around me. Then I saw Arianna wobble over with her little arms out to hug me too. They were all on me and I lost my balance and ended up falling back and I screamed before we all burst out laughing.

I lay flat on my back looking over at Jasper who stood in the doorway with a smile on his face acting as if he didn't see anything.

"So you're not gonna help me up at all?" I asked him.

"I didn't help you down there did I?" He chuckled before walking off leaving me down there with the kids who crawled on top of me attacking me with kisses.

• • •

5:47 p.m.

As the children napped I sat on the sofa reading a book just to occupy my mind after Jasper had left back out to head to Louisiana. I knew what he was going to do once he made it back there but I tried not to think too hard on it. I knew that he was a man of his word and if he said that he was going to take care of the man who'd hurt Kylah then I knew that he would. Julian was just like him which was why I understood why he'd asked him for help instead of Liam and Mega. Just like Jasper Julian was married now and had a two year old daughter he had to be there for. I didn't want him going to prison for getting involved but Jasper was like his brother and if he needed him then he would be there regardless.

I exhaled closing the book. As I sat there trying to think of something else to do other than call Jasper to see how he was knowing that he was still on the road. I was a big worrier when it came to my husband because I loved him deeply.

There was a knock on the front door and my head snapped in that direction. For some reason my heart started to pound in my chest not knowing who was on the other side of it. As I slowly stood and took my time walking towards the door I stood there with my hand on the knob.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Daphne." She said from the other side of the door. One of the neighbors Jasper and I had made friends with.

I unlocked the door and pulled it open staring at her through the screen door.

"Hey.." I smiled unlocking the screen door to let her inside. I was happy to have the company because I needed a distraction. She came inside and we sat down and talked for about 30 minutes just to catch up when she caught me off guard with a question.

"I was watching television before I came over and I wanted to know is it true?" She asked.

"Is what true?" I played dumb.

"Is it true that you murdered all of those people?" She stared at me. I hesitated to say anything because I didn't know how to explain the situation to her. I was at a loss for words with her asking me this because Jasper and I had gotten comfortable with our life here.

"I'm just gonna go..." Daphne said slowly getting up from the couch and I watched her ease her cellphone out of her pocket as she walked to the front door. I knew what she was doing.

"Daphne please don't." I jogged behind her grabbing her arm as I started to panic. "Please. Let me explain."

"Let you explain what?! That you're a murderer? Oh my god and those poor children. Those poor children have been living with you. You're a freaking monster! I'm calling the cops."

"Daphne DON'T." I went from panic to anger within seconds because she was being stupid and she was pissing me off not trying to hear me out.

"Let me go you murderous bitch! You're going down for those crimes and I'm going to have those children removed." She snatched her arm out of my grip and when she tried to open the door it was if I'd snapped because I grabbed a candle holder and hit her in the back of the head with it. She screamed and fell to the floor and I didn't want the noise to wake my children so I dragged her to the kitchen by the hair with one hand and kept my other hand over her mouth. It was if I had gained superhuman strength. I was so full of rage and I didn't know where it had come from. Daphne tried to get away from me but I grabbed a butcher knife off of the counter and forcefully yanked her back by the hair pulling her head back and slitting her throat.

I let her body fall to the floor hearing the loud thud and I just stood over her with her blood on my face and the knife still in my hand. My chest heaved up and down and I gripped the knife tighter. She was laying on the floor holding her throat choking on her own blood. It was then that I started stabbing her repeatedly. I stabbed her in the face, the neck, her chest, and her abdomen watching as she bled to death.

And strangely I enjoyed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 947 30
This is love. This is affection. This is romance. This is it.
270K 1.7K 11
Book 1 of The Conquest Series Addiction: Webster's dictionary describes it as a compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (such as her...
23 0 41
Tap into the lives of spoiled young wild rich kids , we are talking beautiful clothes, mansions and luxary whips with a whole lotta drama, romance an...
156K 8.7K 32
𝖭𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗁𝖺𝖽 𝖺 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗆𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗒𝖺' 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝- March 20, 2024 𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝- March 24, 2024 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝...