Free Time - Ruel Fanfic

By cheesepizza379

Kara and Ruel have been friends since they could remember but what will happen when their careers take off? W... More

CHARACTER PROFILES
1; Poems
2; Auditions
3; Butterfly
4; Birthday Surprises
5; Messages
6; Premiere
7; Satan's Minions
9; Popcorn for Breakfast
10; What did you get for 8?
11; You Yelled?
12; She isn't planning on coming back
13; I'm going to explode
14; I am Captain Marvel
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE GIRAFFE
9th Nov 2019
15; My toast!

8; No More School?

273 5 6
By cheesepizza379

*Monday morning*

*Third Person POV*

"Guys! Get up" Kara yells to the gang who where still asleep on the floor. 

"First day of Year 7!" Kara says grabbing her pillow and smacking the nearest person to her, which happened to be Ruel. 

"Hey!" Ruel puts his hand over his face to shield himself from the incoming pillow attacks. 

*Time Skip*

It wasn't a long walk from Kara's house as she lives quite close to school. The gang was able to reach in a few minutes. 

Being the first day of school they went into the office to collect their timetables and find which class they were in. 

"I've got them" Kara yells handing each of her friends their timetables. They had already seen which class they were in, luckily they were all in the same ones. 

"Thanks"

(A/N Not sure how the Australian school system works so I'm just going with my education which is the New Zealand one so I'm guessing it won't be that different ?)

"Obviously we've got all our classes together" Madi says scanning her eyes of the sheet of paper. 

"Except for Math, I've got Mrs Lang" Ruel says

"Me too!" David and Josh reply

"I've got Mr Wilson, anyone?" Madi asks to the group. 

Ivy and Kara look over their papers. They shake their heads. 

"I've got Mrs Brown" Kara peers over Ivy's shoulder "YES! So does Ivy"

"Oh ok. I'll be right back. See you guys in English" Madi says before walking off. 

The group looks at each other. 

"The Math classes are ranked right?" David asks

"They always are"

"And she's in..."

"Yeah"

"Not to worry!" Kara says grabbing Ruel and Ivy's hand dragging them to their class. 

"Says you, you're in the top Math class. Smarty Pants" Ruel says. 

*Kara's POV*

We leave Madi to where ever she went and walk into our new class. I see an empty group of six tables, perfect, and quickly run over to claim it. 

"WE MARK OUR TERRITORY" I yell placing my books on to one of the tables. 

The group makes it over to me. 

Ruel sits next to Kara, Ivy takes the seat in front of her and David in front of Ruel. Josh sits next to David. 

(A/N I made you guys a diagram cause honestly what ever I wrote made no sense lol)

*Time skip to after school*

The bell rings and we grab our bags. 

"Kara you coming?" Ruel asks, the rest of the gang waiting at the door. 

"Not today I've got a meeting with our Dean" I reply to them. Mum and Dad were coming into school today to discuss our plans. 

"Oh no. What did you do now?" Josh laughs. 

"Nothing, I think" I smirk. 

"See you later then" Ruel says as they walk out. 

I grab my bag and walk to the Dean's office. I see my parents waiting in front of the door. I walk over to them and we take a seat on the chairs nearby.

"Ready?" The dean's assistant says to us. 

"Yes"

I walk in first and take a seat in one of the chairs. My parents follow in behind me and do the same. 

"So I've already talked with your parents over the phone today and they have explained everything. Now I want to know what you are thinking Kara" the Dean asks. 

"I definitely want to continue school and go to university in the future but at the moment with my contract with Marvel that will be hard" I start, the Dean nods

"I believe that the best option for you would be online school, you are able to complete the courses in your own time and it is easily portable so you can do it where ever your career takes you." 

"I was thinking just that and hopefully going to university is an option?" I ask. 

"Definitely, looking at your grades so far you are quite a bright student and I don't think you would have any disadvantage I would recommend if possible returning to school for your last years so that you can collect your credits for the entrance into University"

"Great"

*Time Skip*

After the meeting with the Dean I came home. I called up the gang to meet at the beach, I was going to tell them about leaving school. It is going to be so hard to break the news to them. I've known all of them since Kindergarten and we've been best friends since then, especially Ruel. 

I get changed out of my uniform and wear a swimsuit with jean short on top. 

(The Swimsuit)

I walk over to the beach to see the rest of the gang waiting for me.

"Kara! Why did you call us down here?" Madi asks running over to me and giving me a quick hug. 

"You sounded quite stressed on the phone" Josh says. 

I walk over to the beach towel they were all seated on and take a seat next to Ruel. 

"Well, here goes" I look at them, their faces filled with concern 

"Ruel already knows this" I say looking over at Ruel "I got signed with Marvel studios"

"OMG!" 

I get tackled in a group hug. All of them climbing over me.

"G--guys. A--air. Pl--ease" I try to push them off me.

"Sorry"

"Ok this is good news. Why did you sound so worried on the phone?" Ivy asks as worry crosses over my friend's faces once more. 

"The filming is in America" I say, Ivy and David's face wash over with realisation. 

"oh"

"Oh? What? That's great! You've always wanted to go to America right?" Madi asks completely oblivious to the situation like always. 

"That is the thing Madi. Filming for the movies take at least a year. Which means ---" Ruel cuts me off.

"You will be gone for a year" I look over at him, he's isn't looking at me but at his lap. I didn't tell him that part. 

"Yeah, I will be doing online school for the next few years and mostly be living in America"

"What?!" Ruel yells, shocking everyone with his outburst. 

He gets up and walks away. 

"Ruel wait!" I call out to him. 

I jump up as well and follow him. 

"Ruel come on. I'll visit you whenever I can. We can FaceTime all the time" I jog a little to catch up with his big steps. 

"Ruel slow down"

He stops and turns around to face me. He has tears in his eyes.

"No no" I lower my voice and walk over to him. "Don't cry" 

I give him a hug. He rests his head onto my shoulder, I feel the tears drop onto my bare shoulder. 

"I--I'm sorry. I'm such a bad friend. I--I should be happy for you, b-but I can't" he sobs

"No no don't say that you are the best friend I have" I say pulling away from the hug. Holding onto his shoulders as I look into his red and puffy eyes. 

"HEY!" I hear from behind me. Ivy and the rest of the gang walks up to us. 

"What?" I smirk. 

I lean into Ruel and whisper in his ear. 

"It's true though, you are my best friend. More than anyone of the others" 

He smiles and hugs me. 

"Awww"

"Hey! I want a hug too!" Ivy says as she joins in. The rest of the gang copying her actions. 

"I am going to miss all of you"

"FaceTime everyday okay?" Ivy says as we pull away from the group hug. 

"Obviously"

"OK! Enough! Let's make the most of the next two months and go swimming!" I clap my hands together grabbing their attention. 

"YEAH!"

A/N

1308 WORDS

Hey little cheese sticks! Ok so I lied, this is definitely not better than the last one. I'm so sorry that the chapters are kind of bad and boring but currently it's filler chapters the real stuff is coming up soon. Also, I've got Mocks coming up soon and the updates might be slow as I've got a whole load of studying to do! Ahh! Anyways, Ruel is releasing a new EP!! It's called Free Time and I am so excited cause it's my favourite song of his and I can't wait to listen to it on repeat. 

Please vote and comment!

Also, comment any suggestions to what fun stuff the gang can do in the next chapter to enjoy Kara's last two months in Aussie! I'm kinda pooped of ideas and need some help :)

Pizza OUT 🍕 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 1.5K 48
โ ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜บ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ'๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ? โž โ”€โ”€โ”€โœฐโœฐโœฐโœฐโœฐโ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐˜๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด...
1.1K 26 8
"Life is hard but it can always be better."
74.1K 1.5K 30
After a troubled past you swore you'd never love again. Fresh out of high school, you move to Sydney, and meet someone just as mysterious and misunde...
1.8K 121 18
I went to the nearby seven-eleven. I saw two guys that looked like troublemakers. I head inside just in case and I'm right they are trouble. Once th...