The Bachelor: 10 Men 1 Stark...

By cooper992

Tony Stark is looking for love but when 3 of his exs show up, and the mistress, will it be happily ever after... More

T is for Trauma!
Nothing Good Happens After 2am
Pluto was involved.
Purple.
Tea Leaves n' Cotton Candy
one condition.
Fucking Ferris Wheels.
Potions & Pill Bottles
beautiful magic and a sad beautiful tragic love affair
Tea leaves, Lollipops, and Cotton Candy Teardrops
Drowning In Jupiter.
PEPPERMINT RAIN

A Study in Love.

108 5 19
By cooper992

does this chapter follow the guidelines of the roses? no. do i care? no. did you think anything in this book was gonna make sense? you shouldnt. seriously. opal has to talk me out of them finding a dead body daily however i feel like maybe the chapters have gotten better since purple also sorry this is long

"The next rose is for, drum roll please," the guys collectively banged on their knees in an attempt to create a quite terrible drum roll, "Stephen Strange. Ooh wait, do the black hole thing."

Peter threw the card and the rose in the air hopefully, only for both things to fall on the floor in front of him. Peter stared sadly down at the two items on the floor.

"It's not a black hole," Strange said annoyed. Peter gave him a sad look. "Fine." 

Strange couldn't bear to look at the child pout any longer. Peter quickly picked up both things and stood back up. He looked at Strange to make sure he was ready in which Strange just rolled his eyes and nodded his head. Peter threw the things in the air in front of him and Strange created a portal under them which led to his spot on the couch. 

"Aye, yo! Tinker Bell, quit that," Bucky said, scrambling to move further away from Strange on the couch next to him. 

"Are you sure this is for me, Peter? I think this was meant for Steve. The names are very similar," Stephen started to get up to give Steve the respected prizes but Peter stopped him.

"Um, no actually it is indeed meant for you, you have dinner at 8. He decided last week though, the producers needed time to put the date together and he's not allowed to change who gets the rose once he's already picked. It goes against the rules of the show." Peter explained. (idk maybe? it helps my case tho so were gonna go with it) Stephen nodded sadly and sat back down.

"Bruce, what the hell are you doing?" Rhodey asked judgingly. Everyone looked to Bruce who had now looked up from his Oreo, very unnerved. 

"What?" Bruce asked, trying to figure out what everyone was transfixed on.

"Why have you mutilated your food?" Loki asked, squinting at what Bruce had done like he was trying to read something far away. 

"I didn't mutilate it I just pulled it apart-why do you guys always judge how I eat?" Bruce asked, annoyed with the group.

"Because you eat weird," T'Challa remarked as if it was obvious.

"Yeah, yeah and when you chew you nibble like a rabbit," Sam pointed out.

"And you eat slow, "Strange added.

"Shut up!" Bruce exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok ik maybe this seems far fetched for friends but if you cant do this with your friends im v sorry youre missing out other than the whole last part but whatever

Thor entered the lab. Well, shed. Bruce was hunched over some blueprints, thinking hard. A light hum of music played in the background.

"My dear," Thor said, coming up next to Bruce and throwing an arm around Bruce's shoulder, "What are you doing out here so late?" 

Bruce's heart fluttered, his recent realization making his nerves go crazy, finally understanding what his feelings are. Thor wasn't even that close to him but his words were all Bruce needed to become lightheaded. If simple nicknames were doing this to him, the flirting and small, innocent kisses Thor gave to Bruce's face and head and not his lips were going to be painful to sit through. Okay, not painful. They were relatively pleasant but Bruce's feelings were going to be a nightmare to deal with.

"I um, I just was finishing these blueprints. I just can't figure out-" Bruce looked up at Thor, realizing he would have no idea what Bruce was talking about. His eyes were so pretty, his hair loose and messy. (or not if you like the short thats fine ig have fun being l a m e)"-nevermind, what do you need?"

"Well if you're busy it's no big de-" Thor was cut short by a familiar song coming on, "Dance with me."

"What?" Bruce asked, scared.

"Yes, of course. Taylor Swift, we can't not dance," Thor said, dragging Bruce away from his blueprints.

one look, dark room
meant just for you
time moved too fast
you played it back

"Yes we can, it's not that hard." Bruce hanked his arm away, a look of hurt splashed across Thor's face, though he tried to cover it up, blinking a few times. Bruce didn't want to dance with him? Bruce always danced with him. Why didn't he want to dance with him?

buttons,on a coat
light hearted joke
no proof not much
but you saw enough

"Oh, okay. Yes, of course, we don't have to dance if you don't want to, that's fine. So what is this blueprint you're working on?" Thor asked, trying to change the subject. Shit. No that's not what Bruce had wanted. 

small talk, he drives
coffee at midnight, thee light reflects
the chain on your neck

Thor looked hurt and Bruce immediately felt terrible. Yes, they always danced together but neither of them felt anything, it was just fun and this song freaked Bruce out. He didn't know if he could control himself during it. He would probably just look at Thor and assume he felt the same and go and mess up their whole dynamic.

he says look up
and your shoulders brush

"Thor, it's just that this song is very romantic and I don't know if it would be appropriate for us to-" 

no proof, not much

"No, no worries, Banner. No need to explain. Now tell me about this weird thing you got going on over here," Thor said, cutting Bruce off and gesturing to the mess of papers on the work table. He was hurt. he was trying to hide it. It wasn't working. 

but you felt enough

"No, no. Come on let's dance. Who cares if it's romantic?" Bruce pulled Thor back over away from the workspace. Bruce pulled him closer and placed Thor's hands around his waist, just above his hips. He loved the feeling of Thor holding him like this. 

You can hear it in the silence, silence, you
You can feel it on the way home, way home, you
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You are in love, true love
You are in love

Bruce wrapped his arms around Thor's neck. He looked up at Thor. He was giving Bruce the Ferris Wheel look again. Bruce's stomach flipped. The 'I'm completely in love with you' look can be given to friends too, right? Of course, it can. Friends can totally give each other that look. He and Thor had known each other forever so it only made sense for him to look at Bruce like that. 

Morning, his place
Burnt toast, Sunday
You keep his shirt
He keeps his word
And for once you let go
Of your fears and your ghosts
One step, not much
But it said enough

Bruce moved to rest his head sideways on Thor's chest just below his shoulder, unable to look Thor in the eye any longer. They continued you to sway to the light music. 

"I can't believe you have Taylor Swift on your playlist," Thor teased softly, careful to not ruin the moment, "let alone this song."

"Leave me alone. I love this song," Bruce giggled and pressed his face into Thor's chest to stifle his laugh.

You kiss on sidewalks
You fight then you talk
One night he wakes
Strange look on his face
Pauses, then says.
"You're my best friend."
And you knew what it was
He is in love

The boys continued to sway. Thor grabbed one of Bruce's hands and backed away before spinning him under his arm. 

"You're ridiculous," Bruce smiled and breathed out. Thor only continued to dance with Bruce, putting one hand back around his waist and the other holding Bruce's other hand in his, interlacing their fingers. Thor began to lightly sing out the next lines. 

You can hear it in the silence, silence, you
You can feel it on the way home, way home, you
You can see it with the lights out, lights out
You are in love, true love
You are in love

Thor rested his forehead against Bruce's and lightly brushed their noses together. Bruce looked up into Thor's eyes. He was so amazing. Smiling all giddily back Bruce. He was just so perfect in Bruce's eyes. Like he could do no wrong, it was this love where Bruce was jealous of everyone who could spend even a second of time with him. It was all so perfect, the music, the dark windows, the only light came from a small yellow desk lamp beside them.

And so it goes
You two are dancing in a snow globe 'round and 'round
And he keeps a picture of you in his office downtown
And you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars
And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words

Thor continued to sway them as Bruce looked up at Thor, foreheads still pressed together.

'Cause you can hear it in the silence

God, he looked beautiful.

You can feel it on the way home

His hair.

You can see it with the lights out

His eyes.

You're in love

Bruce kissed him.

True love

They're lips touched and Bruce felt a million things at once, all sparks and happiness. Thor inhaled sharply through his nose, surprised. Bruce pulled away abruptly and panicky. 

"OhmyGod! Oh, Jesus Thor, I'm so sorry I don't know what happened I just got caught up in the moment. I'm so sorry!" Bruce had moved away from Thor and was mildly freaking out in the corner. 

Caught up in the moment. That's all it was. Bruce just got confused. Of course, he didn't like Thor. And this is exactly why Thor couldn't tell Bruce his feelings. He would freak out and Thor wouldn't be able to calm him down because he would have been the one who caused it. 

"Hey, hey, sugar. Don't worry about it. Calm down, okay?" Thor moved towards Bruce and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, "Hey, babe. Do I look mad?'

"No," Bruce mumbled shyly.

"Okay, see, it's no big deal. Come on, we're going out. That's why I came in here anyways. Yeah?"

"Yeah." Bruce let Thor pull him into a hug.

YES OK IK EVERYONES ALWAYS DANCING AND SINGING IN THIS ITS BC I THINK ITS CUTE AND I HAVE NO ORIGINAL IDEAS IM S O R R Y  ITS BASICALLY JUST A GAY MUSICAL OR YOU KNOW JUST ROCK OF AGES ANYWAYS DO I CARE THAT THEYRE ALWAYS DANCING? n o.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you even doing this with me? Don't you love Steve?" Quill asked. The two were hanging around Tony's guest house, it was late and Tony had already sent Steve home.

"I don't know," Tony said absentmindedly, not want to think too much about it. 

"You don't know why you're doing this with me or if you love Steve?" Quill asked, not caring about Tony's displeasure with the conversation. If he was participating in this he deserved to know why.

"Both, I think," Tony said, still annoyed at the conversation, but entertaining Quill.

"Well, in my opinion, if I may?" Tony nodded his head and gave Quill the go-ahead, "I think you're doing this with me because you don't love him."

"Maybe, I don't know. Maybe I'm just afraid of what's gonna happen." Tony suggested.

"With what?" Quill scrunched his eyebrows.

"With Steve. I just, don't think we're gonna make it but I want to be with him." Tony said, finally thinking about it.

"No, you don't. If you did, he would be here with you and not me." 

"Well, he's my second choice then I guess. I pissed off the guy I really want." Tony said, thinking of Strange. He was thankful for the date card coming late, he really missed Strange. 

"Well sticking it out with Steve probably isn't gonna help that." Quill was trying to help him now. He felt bad and he was a hopeless romantic wanting Tony to be happy.

"Probably not but I never do anything right." Tony joked.

"Hey don't say that. Look at Peter. He's so wonderful and you raised him to be like that." Quill said, putting a hand on Tony's shoulder.

"No, I don't understand how he wound up like that. That kid was born with the biggest heart."

"It's easy for kids born with big hearts to wind up as bad people," Quill offered.

"Well then it's a miracle he is the way he is but I wouldn't trade him for the world." 

"That's good. That doesn't explain why I'm here though." Quill said, wanting an answer to his question.

"I don't trust Steve. With you, there's no danger in talking about stuff like this. Steve and I. I don't know. Besides, it's fun doing this with you and hiding it from him, relationships with Steve are just too all-American." 

"Break up with him."

"No," Tony said bluntly.

"Why?" Quill asked, annoyed with Tony's stubbornness. 

"I want him for a little bit longer. The last time we were together he left when I wasn't prepared. If he leaves when I'm prepared this time maybe I'll be able to get over him."

I always picture that Hannah Montana thing at the end of scenes where shes singing you know the oooh ooh ooh ooh oh ya you know what im talking about here heres the link for you u n c u l t u r e d people  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve couldn't sleep, he sat on his bed, surrounded by loose sheets of paper with drawings of Bucky and past memories of them. He collapsed back down on his back. Being without Bucky was hard and Tony wasn't much help, he always seemed distracted, though in all fairness, so did he. It was late, almost 2, there's no way Bucky was still up. 

He could check though, maybe they could talk a little, Tony would never know. Steve called it fate. If Bucky was still up he would talk to him, if not it was never meant to be. Steve got up from his bed and walked down the hall to Bucky's room. The door was closed but Steve could see a line of light under the door. 

Bucky sat on his bed scrolling through his laptop. He was wearing just a pair of gray (grey gray grey god damn it) sweat pants, about to go to bed. He heard a light knock at his door. He glanced at his computer for the time. It was nearly 2 in the morning.

"Come in?" Bucky said, curious to who was standing on the other side at such an hour. Steve opened the door and walked inside, closing the door behind him. Bucky rolled his eyes, "Aren't you breaking the master's rules?"

"I missed you, you're my best friend," Steve said shyly, not moving from his place at the front of the room and fidgeting awkwardly with his hands. God, he was shirtless. Steve had seen Bucky shirtless many times before and every time it freaked him out to see his chiseled torso and the entirety of his metal arm. Steve loved the way the arm looked on Bucky. (ME TOO STEVIE I GET YOU BOO BOO)

"Then why are you with someone who's stopping you from seeing me?" Bucky asked, suddenly giving Steve the time of day, now emotional. He didn't understand why Steve was leaving him, nevertheless because of a guy Steve had already left before. There had to have been a good reason if they were together for 2 years.

"I need to be with Tony and I can't tell you why," Steve said, looking in Bucky's eyes, hoping he would just trust him. Of course, Bucky did, he was his best friend, but that didn't mean Bucky had to melt at the snap of Steve's fingers. Bucky just scoffed and went back to his laptop. "Buck, please... I miss you."

Steve's voice cracked. It was hard to hear but Bucky heard it. He looked up at Steve, and the two held pained eye contact for a few seconds before Steve looked down to the floor and sighed, running a hand through his hair. Okay, Bucky didn't have to melt at the snap of Steve's fingers, but he was going to. (me tho)

Bucky got off the bed and walked to Steve. He buried his head in Steve's chest and wrapped his arms around Steve's waist, the tears immediately falling from his eyes, soaked up by the cotton of Steve's shirt. Steve wrapped his arms around Bucky, holding him tightly. Bucky sobbed into Steve's chest as Steve used one hand to stroke Bucky's hair, soothing him gently.

"I miss you, Stevie," Bucky cried, still engulfed in Steve's hug. His voice was broken and quiet as he shook, crying into Steve.

"I know, I know. I miss you too, baby," Steve said, still running his hand through Bucky's hair. His voice also whisper-quiet as he cried. 

"I love you," Bucky cried, still whispering.

"I love you too, darling," Steve whispered back, pressing a kiss to the top of Bucky's head. "So you'll come hang out with me before everyone wakes up?"

Bucky nodded rapidly, sobbing once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki walked down to Quill's room, it being late enough no one would see him. His stomach flipped before he knocked on the door and he rolled his eyes at the feeling. Quill opened the door and gave him a quick 'hey' before walking away, holding a book in his hand. He curled up on the neatly made bed and opened the book back up.

"Just let me finish these like, three pages please?" Quill asked, looking up at Loki who looked like he might faint, not that Quill would ever notice. He was wearing surprisingly short cotton shorts and what looked to be Loki's sweatshirt, making Loki absolutely stunned.

"You're fine, darling. Don't worry about it," Loki managed to stammer out. Quill went back to reading and Loki laid on the bed next to him, closing his eyes, trying to get his thoughts under control. Quill put the book down once he finished and crawled on top of Loki's lap, surprising him. 

"Oh shit, hey," Loki breathed out, startled and laughing. Quill hummed in response and began to suck bruises to Loki's neck(im uncomfortable). Loki laughed again. "Is that my jacket?...  And are those girl shorts?"

"The material's softer," Quill blushed, "and yeah, you left it here one time. Sorry, I didn't even notice. Here you can have it back."

Quill moved to take off the sweatshirt before Loki stopped him.

"No, no it's okay you can keep it if you like it," Loki said, his hands moved to Quill's hips. Quill smiled and leaned down to kiss him. The two made out for a while, Loki's mind still running. Quill was all over Loki, pulling his shirt off. while Loki just kept his hands where they were, pondering if he should even be doing this if he had feelings for Quill. Quill eventually became frustrated with Loki's stillness.

"Are you okay? You're all stiff."Quill asked sitting up, Loki gave a short little laugh, confusing Quill, "What?"

"I thought that was the point," Loki smiled. Quill gave a small laugh at the stupid joke and buried his head in the crook of Loki's neck and smiled.

"Seriously," Quill asked, "you okay? We don't have to do this if you don't want-"

"No, no. I'm fine, thank you. I just have a lot on my mind." Loki cut Quill off.

"You want to talk about it?" Quill asked sweetly.

"Not even a little bit," Loki said, flipping them so he was pinning Quill to the bed who yelped in surprise and giggled.

yall ever hear marty mcfly by luke Christopher? its a BOP like its really good song its not on spotify tho but it is on youtube

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strange walked into the broken down castle. The show had it closed off for the date. The walls and ceiling had crumbled a bit but the building still had structure. There were candles everywhere and it was close to 8:30. Tony was standing in the front room, waiting for Stephen. 

"You're late," Tony smiled once he saw Strange walk in.

"Didn't want to be here," Strange replied, the smile falling from Tony's face.

"Right. Well, this way I guess," Tony said leading them to the back room where the table was. Strange pulled out Tony's chair and helped him in. (i never understood this i always thought it was awkward but go off ig) Tony raised his eyebrows but sat down anyway.

"I may be mad at you but I still have manners," Stephen said, sitting down, noting the look on Tony's face.

"Really?" Tony asked, raising his eyebrows once more.

"Well, sort of," Stephen said, making Tony laugh. God, he would do anything to make him laugh, he loved the sound of it. 

"I'm sorry you have to be here," Tony said, sensorily apologetic. He wanted to be around Strange but he didn't want to force him to be with him. He did miss Strange and Strange missed him, not that Strange would ever admit that. Tony felt a wave of guilt and a quick, sharp stab in his gut knowing this is what he was forcing Steve to do to Bucky and knew it was worse for Steve. 

"It's fine I guess," Stephen said. He didn't want this to painfully awkward but he was mad at Tony and couldn't let himself begin to fall in love with him.

"So what do you think about the theory that some infinities are bigger than others?" (i love talking about this like john green i-) Tony asked randomly, knowing even if Stephen was mad this could probably get him to talk just because the man was so scientific and literal.

"Are you just gonna completely pretend I'm not mad at you?" Stephen asked, laughing a little at Tony's childish ways of handling things.

"Well, arguing about things that are mathematically possible does seem like a pretty effective way to get you to talk to me," Tony sat back, challenging Stephen with his claim. Stephen couldn't let himself not argue that. 

"First of all, it's not possible, all infinities are the same size, (nO) second, I can not argue with you if I wanted to but I'm choosing to because apparently, you seem to be dumb enough to believe that crap," Stephen said, now passionate about the conversation. 

"Well thank God you're talking to me or this would have been a very awkward dinner-"

"Only about this," Stephen interrupted, wanting to clarify. 

"Okay fine, I'll take it. So we can both agree on the concept of infinity right?" Tony asked, not wanting to go further if Stephen couldn't even agree on that.

"Barely, but I suppose," Stephen agreed.

"Okay so, there's an infinite amount of numbers between zero and one. There's zero and then 0.1, 0.01, 0.001 and so on. And then, of course, we reach one, and the cycle continues. 1.1, 1.01. 1.001. So you can just continue forever but the infinity between zero and one is smaller than between zero and two and zero and a million." Tony explained. 

"'But there's an ending number, which means it's not infinite," Strange argued. 

"Well, how many decimals are between zero and one?" Tony argued.

"Infinite," Stephen answered.

"One and two?"

"Infinite."

"Zero and two?"

"Infinite."

"But then because zero and two are further away than zero and one, the infinity is bigger, right?" Tony asked, hopeful he had gotten his point across.

"No," Stephen said bluntly.

"What? What do you mean no? You can't just refute something by saying 'no,'" Tony argued. He was so cute when he was frustrated. But this is what Tony wanted so Stephen played along. 

"Well, first of all, yes I can. And second, no because they're both an infinity and infinity has no limit meaning you can't measure them so you can't compare them," Stephen said

"But there's an ending mark and one ending mark is further away than the other," Tony said, confusing himself.

"But there's the same amount of decimals between zero and one and zero and two," 

"But it's doubled," Tony argued. 

"But infinity is the continuation of numbers forever and doesn't have an end, so you can't add to it or subtract from it," Stephen explained. 

"So?" Tony asked, confused as to how that related. 

"So... it's just a concept... you can't hold it to the same standards as a number. They're not like terms so you can't compare them," Stephen said as if he had to explain infinity every day.

"I hate you," Tony said, too confused to continue the argument.

"Oh I'm sure, that's an interesting theory though," Stephen said teasingly, patronizing Tony's argument.  

"I'm going to hurt you," Tony threatened, not about to start the argument again.

"I probably deserve it."

"You do."

"Have any more bad math theories?" Stephen said, teasing Tony once more.

"I hate you so much."

"No you don't, I'm fantastic, but that's beside the point. Do you?"

"I have a theory about making every number equal to any other number."

"Yeah, I can't handle that right now," Strange shook his head, not able to fathom the stupidity of that.

"That's understandable," Tony agreed, acknowledging the insanity behind that theory. (ya i have a theory for this too but you just refute it by saying 'but of course 1 doesnt equal 2' i would explain it but theres like charts and graphs and pictures involved its very complicated and very stupid and very cracky i was very sleep deprived when i wrote it)

"How do you think of these things?" Strange asked.

"I do crack," Tony said, causing Stephen to choke on a laugh, "No, obviously not. Well, not that obvious but I stay up way too late and get high on coffee and sleep deprivation." ( :) hi thats me)

"You know, sometimes I worry about you," Stephen laughed out. Tony didn't, he just smiled slightly, happy he had gotten Strange back to not hating him. He looked at Strange and the two shared a look, knowing there was more behind that statement than what was being led on. They understood it came out in the moment and it was probably as close to I love you that they were gonna get for a while, no matter what they both felt. And even when I love you did come along, romantic or otherwise it probably wouldn't be pure. It would be a slip of the tongue, come out in the moment or in a fight.  Stephen just brushed it off, laughing as he did so, "Come on man, you know that's not what I meant. I was just joking."

"Yeah. Yeah, I know." Tony smiled through, trying to not show the pain of Strange trying to eat his words. The two ate and joked, Stephen, trying desperately to be sullen towards Tony, trying to stop himself from falling for Tony's laugh, his whiskey brown eyes, his warm smile, and his pretty face, and failing miserably.  

The two walked out of the castle, hands brushing together ever so often as they walked, triggering nerves. They walked across the street to a sculpture garden and strolled through looking at the artwork, their hands still brushing. Strange was looking at a big sculpture of a skeleton called 'Funky Bones.' He was talking about a patient he had operated on once who was missing a bone. 

It's wasn't that Tony was trying not to pay attention or that he didn't want to, Strange just looked so perfect. Not hot or sexy, though he was, he just looked beautiful. Beautiful and pretty weren't words typically used to describe men but Tony didn't care. He was. He was gorgeous. His gray hair shone under the moonlight and the white street lights. Screw it Tony thought. Tony laced their fingers together so softly, Stephen barely noticed.

"What are you doing?" Strange asked, looking down at their hands.

"Holding your hand. Why? What are you doing?" Tony asked, arrogantly and looking down, pretending he wasn't blushing. 

"Aren't you dating Steve?" Strange asked, still confused.

"Yes, and sleeping with Quill but this isn't anything like that I just wanted to hold your hand," Tony stated.

"You're what?" Stephen asked, filled with surprise and a bit of anger.

"I'm sleeping with Quill but do you really want to get into that?" Tony asked, trying to keep Strange calm, not wanting to ruin the night. He didn't know why he said that he just thought it fit. Sometimes his jokes don't hit the target, not that that joke missed, it was just the wrong target. Strange was still holding his hands though so, it couldn't be that bad.

"I can't ignore it," Strange said, looking down at Tony.

"Why not?"

"Because you're doing it again," Strange said sadly.

"Doing what?"

"Being self-destructive." (lol me)

"Okay but I'm aware of it this time. I want to do it. I need to, I need to have this. I always felt like Steve had control of the relationship and I- I- just- I need this. I need to have an out and I need to just... I need to get back at him. I know how terrible that seems but he hurt me and I know what I'm doing is different and I know what I'm doing is worse but he's not gonna know. 

"I'm gonna end it soon. He'll never know and it's not going to hurt him anyway. He's only with me because he's trying to keep his mind off Bucky. It's not working, I know this, I'm not an idiot. He may love me, and I may love him, but he's not in love with me, and I'm not in love with him. At this point it's just a big game of chicken," Tony finished his speech and looked up at Strange. 

Strange looked down at Tony. God, he was precious. He couldn't believe he was letting himself still be around Tony, he hated being in relationships but Tony had cuffed him. He was stubborn and childish and a cheat and Stephen was falling for him fast and it was scary. 

"Stop looking at me like that, Stephen," Tony looked down at the ground and blushed.

"Tony... you don't have to do that. I get that you're angry and," Stephen moved his hand that wasn't clasped in Tony's and tilted his head up to look at him, making eye contact with him and pausing before he spoke, "rightfully so, but you don't need to do all of that just to-"

"Let's just forget about it okay?" Tony said. He knew that was the closest to an apology he was ever going to get so he just stopped Stephen. It was all he needed. He didn't need the apology from Stephen because he was right and Tony was of course, wrong. But he needed to hear that moment of vulnerability, that little bit of trust Stephen gave him. He didn't want to hear any further though. 

He wanted to stop him before he turned sappy because sappy wasn't Stephen and he didn't want to be the reason Stephen wasn't acting like himself. Strange just nodded his head and the two continued to walk the sculpture garden, hand in hand. It was empty and late, close to midnight. 

The two walked closer to a sculpture of a woman on one foot and her head tossed back, hair in a half-moon, following suit. Behind them sat a man playing the cello softly with the case open in front of him, filled with a few dollars. Strange pulled out his wallet and threw some money in the case without leaving Tony's hand. The man nodded in a 'thank you' and Stephen politely nodded back. 

"Dance with me," Tony said, pulling Strange closer. (im sORRY I THINK IT CUTE I JUST LIKE IT WHEN THEY DANCE TOGETHER ITS R O M A N T I C AND IDK HOW TO DO CUTESY THINGS BESIDES THIS IM S O R R Y)

"What? No," Strange laughed out. He couldn't dance with Tony now. He was too far in. He'd fall. Completely.

"Come on, you might as well get what you paid for," Tony argued, dragging out his words and giving his best puppy-dog face.

"Fine," Strange agreed, letting Tony pull him closer. Tony rested one hand on Stephen's shoulder and held the other one in his hand while Strange's other hand rested on his hip. They swayed gently while Tony kept his head buried in Strange's chest which both of them were thankful for, knowing they probably couldn't control their feelings in the moonlight and white streetlights with the cello playing if they were that close. The boys eventually went home and parted ways when it came time for them to sleep but they danced for what seemed like both ages and only seconds. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, come on, let's go. All this crying is making me feel bad," Steve said, moving one arm away from Bucky to wipe his eyes but still keeping a muscular arm wrapped around him.

"You deserve it," Bucky mumbled into Steve's chest, not ready to let go. Steve chuckled at Bucky's childlike aggressiveness.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, but we can't do anything if we stand here hugging all night." Steve laughed, Bucky still wrapped around him, face buried in Steve's chest.

"That's okay," Bucky mumbled, trying to get impossibly closer to Steve.

"Are you sure? I was gonna buy you ice cream at that place by the docks that you like," Steve offered, looking down at Bucky. 

"... Molly's?" Bucky's face lit up.

"Yeah, sure sweetheart," Steve smiled.

"Okay," Bucky said cheerfully, pulling away from Steve and bouncing across the room, grabbing a black tank to throw on. Steve wanted to hold him and protect him from everything in the world. Bucky seemed so innocent being bubbly and excited about the ice cream and not wanting to let go of Steve. Though Steve knew better, he knew Bucky had a bad side, he had proven that two weeks ago when he was drunk and horny. 

Steve would be lying if he said he didn't think about that all the time. He didn't want to, it just happened. It slipped into his head from time to time and by time to time he meant 24/7.(ok wouldnt we all tho? like seb is sexy as hell) Even when he was with Tony he couldn't stop himself from thinking about it being Bucky with him instead of Tony. 

"Ready?" Steve asked, Bucky walking back to him with a big smile and grabbing his wallet. Bucky nodded,  Steve saw him putting his wallet in his pocket, "The hell is that for?"

"Hey, language," Bucky responded, cracking a smile.

"Oh my God, shut up. I'm buying," Steve laughed.

"Oh, sure, of course," Bucky said, sarcastically. Steve just rolled his eyes as Bucky grabbed his hand and locked their fingers, making their way to the Jeep. Steve opened the passenger's side door for Bucky and helped him in. Bucky was already fidgeting with the aux cord when he made his way to the driver's side. (yes, this again. is there a problem? as far as im concerned when someone is annoying singing along to something you cant not fall in love with them) 

"Really Buck? It's 2 in the morning," Steve said, glancing at Bucky's phone. 

"I'm sorry, do you have a point?" Bucky asked defensively. Steve just shook his head, smiling and pulled out of the drive, heading towards the dock. Bucky played his random music softly singing alone to the easy sounds and placing his hand over Steve's on the gear shift. 

Their relationship really was something else. Tony did have a good reason to be jealous but they both liked their relationship to fall more into the domestic friendship category. They were extremely close in the 30s, with Steve getting himself beat up every other day and Bucky having to rush home to take care of him. Steve could barely hold down a job because of how often he was out sick so he would do housework and Bucky would bring home most of the money. 

When he fell off the train Steve was crushed. He could barely function. His rock, his life, his best friend was gone. (i cant even express the pain of losing your best friend especially when its almost domestic its so hard. my heart goes out to anyone who has also had to go through that) When they found Bucky again Steve was frantic. They eventually got him back and the two became closer than ever, not wanting to lose what they once had. 

They pulled up to the dirt parking lot and started to wander over to Molly's. They kept their hands in their pockets though. The docks were normally a pretty safe place but was also normally crowded with more old fashioned fishers and they didn't want to take a chance so late at night with so few people. They made their way to the little ice cream shop that was on along the boardwalk across from the docks. Steve opened the door for Bucky who in turn thanked him. 

They both got a cone and sat on the edge of one of the docks next to a big line very bushy plants. Their feet hung over the water as they joked and ate their ice cream. Bucky turned around just to check their surroundings, a habit most people have. He spotted a slightly crazy-looking man wandering the boardwalk behind them, but doing no harm. 

"Hey, check him out," Bucky said nudging Steve gently. He turned around to find Steve stealing a bite of his rocky road, right off the cone. "Hey, Swiper, the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Well, seeing as how I paid for it, I'm eating my ice cream," Steve said defensively. Steve turned to look at the guy Bucky was pointing out, "And yes, clearly, he's on many drugs."

"I want to talk to him."

"Why?" Steve said, not even remotely understanding Bucky's thought process. 

"I don't know, could be interesting," Bucky shrugged, Steve still baffled.

"No."

"Why?"

"Buck."

"Fine, I'm gonna throw away our trash," Bucky said, standing up and taking Steve's napkin from him. He left Steve sitting there on the dock, Bucky turned to make sure Steve wasn't looking and crossed the road. He knew what he was doing. It was hard for him without Steve and now if they were going to be sneaking around and at 3 in the morning it was going to be a lot more difficult. He just wanted to numb the pain. When he came back he sat down next to Steve and with a homemade cookie in a plastic bag, needing an excuse for what took so long. 

"Sorry, the owner of that place wouldn't shut up, and you know I have to carry on like every conversation," Bucky groaned and sat back down next to Steve, closer than before now that they had realized no one was going to bother them. He held out the cookie, waiting for him to take it.

"Oh, pumpkin, you didn't have to do that," Steve said, taking the cookie and kissing Bucky on the head. He did know that Bucky couldn't avoid conversation, he was too nice and wanted to hear about other people's lives. It was exactly why Steve loved him so much, he was so invested in everything and loved everyone so much. 

"I'm aware, but I'm a good friend," Bucky said sharply, not mean but sarcastic. Steve smiled and set the cookie on the dock next to him. Bucky crossed his legs over Steve's thigh and hugged Steve's arm, burying his face in his bicep. There was a moment of silence between them. Bucky kept his face hidden in Steve's arm, not wanting to look in Steve's eyes. "We are still friends, right?"

Steve's heart broke at Bucky's question. He couldn't believe he was doing this but he needed to. Dating Tony gave him a sense of responsibility that stopped him from spilling his guts to Bucky. But Bucky was his precious little angel. He couldn't let him go, ever.

"Of course we are Buck, don't ever ask me that again," Steve sighed and ran a hand over Bucky's hair, kissing the top of his head. "We're always going to be friends, I'm sorry I made you question that. And I'm sorry we have to meet like this and I'm sorry I'm staying with Tony and I'm sorry I can't tell you why."

"S'okay, Stevie," Bucky said, rather clearly for the position his face was in, which he buried further into Steve as Steve moved his arm around Bucky's shoulder's, pulling him closer. 

"It's not, but thank you, baby. I love you," Steve sighed.

"I love you too, Stevie," Buck smiled into Steve's chest. Steve didn't understand how he was so lucky to get this great of a man in his arms, even if Bucky wasn't his, Bucky was still here, with him. He didn't understand how Bucky wasn't ready to kill him for what he was doing, well, he probably was, but he hadn't.

They made it home at around 6:30 in the morning, Bucky decided at around 5 that he needed food, (mood) and dragged Steve to have breakfast at a little diner, which he tried and tried and tried to pay for but Steve being the gentleman he was, didn't let him. Thor, being the only one awake agreed to not say anything, not that he would have anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm gonna win this, first try," T'Challa remarked to Rhodey who was sitting next to him in the living room, both watching Sam make a sandwich in the kitchen.

"Now, you know it doesn't count if you pay him," Rhodey snarked back.

"Shut up." T'Challa walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter next to where Sam was working. T'Challa was fairily good looking (hell yee) he didn't need to do much. It would be easy to get Sam to sleep with him. All he had to do was look at him right and Sam would be his. 

"The hell do you want?" Sam asked, not in a mean way, just questioning what the hell T'Challa was doing. 

"You," T'Challa said seductively. 

"Nuh-uh," Sam quickly remarked, biting his sandwich and walking out of the kitchen back to his room.

"Well, that went well," Rhodey said, joining T'Challa in the kitchen to tease him.

"This is going to be harder than anticipated, but I will still win," T'Challa snarked.

"Sure you will," Rhodey said sarcastically and patted T'Challa on the shoulder and walked out of the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bucky sighed, his eyes heavy but his heart giddy. It was both early and late and he had just gotten home from the docks with Steve. He was insanely tired. He trusted Steve and knew that if he needed to be with Tony he had a good reason, even if he wouldn't tell him. That's what Bucky was confused about.

Steve had never not told Bucky something. But nevertheless, Bucky trusted him. It was definitely draining to be apart from Steve and if Steve was going to be taking him out in the middle of the night and treating him like a dirty little secret it was going to be even more heartbreaking. Not that Bucky minded, he knew Steve didn't mean to treat him like that and it was just what they had to do. At least Steve hadn't completely left him. Maybe the guy outside Molly's was right.

Bucky opened the bottom drawer of his nightstand and dropped the little bag of pills in. Just in case. 

yeet. also sorry this is so long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...
16.2K 165 34
Very long and detailed one shots about your favorite characters ;) Smut included but with a warning beforehand! !just 18+ please!
65.9K 1.6K 29
Y/N is Tony Starks empolyee and friend. While getting closer Y/N is taken by hydra and experimented on. The avengers spend months trying to find thei...
10K 287 31
Y/N Stark daughter of the genius Tony Stark found her boyfriend cheating on her. Will she give him a second chance or catch feelings for her best fri...