Alluring Prevarications

By Sonali61

Nandini Murthy is 26. An exceptionally qualified doctor from Harvard , Boston. A strong headed individual hav... More

A Dare?!
How dare you touch my MICROSCOPE!
Why are you so stubborn?
FIGHT
Cabir ?!
Is it some medical prescription for you?!
Quite an EVENTFUL NIGHT
Her questions and his answers
ANTICIPATION?!
A Premonition Dream?!
Revelation about PAST
Missing?
Cabir's Message
Insight to unknown happenings
Liar?!
Catching lies
Food and Fight Strategies
Dreadful events , beautiful realizations!
Three Months Later
New stories!
New Manan OS
New Story!
A Mystery-Thriller
TRAILER

Stealing and Me?!

3.4K 264 63
By Sonali61

Murthy Mansion : 9 :00 pm

NANDINI :

Unbelievable! Just truly seriously hysterically unbelievable! For the first time in life I Nandini Murthy didn't felt like working in my own lab! This research has been my dream since years. But today things were different. First of all two new people were present in my lab. One who was there with me since last week and the other who took care of the lab in last three years. And out of all the places in the world these two idiots found MY LAB to play their 'Ego-Ego Game' ?! Can't these guys get a little friendly? Well the way they were staring at each other I don't thinks so. And moreover I myself can't imagine befriending Aryaman. He just doesn't give the good kind of vibes. He never gave me a reason for that though...He is a good son for his father. A great doctor from the best hospital in Delhi. He has a best friend - Harshad. What else do you expect from a person to be good? But intuitions you see...

And Manik. When I used to see those dreams in which that person's face wasn't visible I always thought of it to be a stupidity of my mind. It was much of an exaggeration than that of reality that too just because of a dare. I never actually wanted to see the face of that person. When I came to know he was the guy from that night I just shooed away the thought about those dreams. But today when he complimented me... It was just a small compliment...don't know if there was any truth in his words but I wanted to believe it. Today when I saw his face so close to me; it seemed like the so called pumping organ heart surrounded by pericardium was screaming that this is that person in the dark. His face, his chocolate brown eyes , his perfectly jelled up hairs, his sharp jawline. His flat but perfectly shaped cheekbones made his chin more prominent. I was quite jealous with his lean cheeks because I was always a chubby kid and I still have those cheeks which invite people for pulling them. Have you ever seen a guy with naturally pink lips? Well yes. Manik Malhotra has them. And how on earth any girl will not be noticing that mole just below his lips on left side! Okay that's a little too much about my one week old lab assistant...

Wait a minute...He is just my assistant. And that idiot has the audacity to question me?! To put a finger me?! Why on earth was he behaving like a manipulative jerk?

No he wasn't behaving like that...May be... I think it was just a normal reflex...Any honest, hardworking person would have reacted in the same way he did, if questioned in the manner Aryaman asked him what was he doing there...I know his normal reflex turned out to be quite harsh on me but its also true that he behaved so gently after the little harsh moment that my heart fluttered just by looking at his face...

Wow! So we are again back to 'The Current Issue come Favorite topic' of Nandini Murthy's world- Manik's Face! Am I interested in him or something? What is it?

Just then beats of 'Shape of you' fall on my ears...Okay don't overthink sweeties its just my ringtone... ;) Guess what...Who called after two weeks! 

Mukti : Earth to Nandini.

Nandini : Huh?!

Mukti : Nanz, Where were you? I mean it has been two long weeks we had a proper conversation.

Nandini : Ummm...

Mukti : Well, I know what you will say, My Hospital, My Patients and how can I forget 'MY LAB'! What about us miss Murthy? Have you forgotten that you have some people who think of you as a friend or should I remind you! 

Nandini : Mukti,Mukti,Mukti....

Mukti : Okay. Let's cut it. Listen up now. In 'Ecstasy club' sharp 9 : 30 pm. We will be waiting. You better be there. Its Saturday !

Nandini : Wait... what? You know right I'm not a big fan of this clubbing thing. Why do you always choose such places....

Mukti : Hello! Miss Grumpy...You seriously need to get a life...And here we are the hurt party , not you,okay...So don't give these excuses and just come.

Mukti cuts the phone.

Great! This girl! Well I would have just said 'Go to hell' if anyone else other than my four best friends would have talked to me in this manner. Okay I guess I should get ready and reach there exactly at 9:30. I don't wanna give them another chance to play Alya's favorite game with me.

Within 15 minutes I was ready with a velvet red one piece , my hairs open. 

I actually love my hairs. You know they are long, straight. When I leave them open they hang till my waist. I wonder if I'll ever curl them how it will be like!

And yeah makeup...It's just not my thing...It might sound strange...but have you ever heard a girl hating powder?! Yes...From childhood I have this strong dislike towards 'Powder or any kind of talc'. I don't like to put foundation. But yeah I like applying eyeliner. It just makes my doe eyes look more cute...With eyeliner a little of lip gloss will do I guess. 

That's it! No efforts for making anyone drool over... 

I should get going now...

----------------------

Club Ecstasy : 9:30 pm

I entered inside the club and I didn't know a surprise was waiting for me already! 

Nandini : Oh My God! Navya!!!!!!!!

Navya comes and takes nandini in a tight hug.

Nandini : Oh My God ! You are back! 

Navya : Well by looking at your surprised face I must say Mukti did her job efficiently!

Mukti (Laughs) : Girl , I'm always perfect !

Nandini : Do you mean... you being angry and all...It was all a drama...Woah! It was all a drama!

Alya : Yup Nanz! So this calls for celebration!

Nandini thinks, "Shit! I know where this is going..."

Nandini : Wh....What....celebration....Alya?

Nandini thinks, "Please No....Please just don't say that... "

Other 4 laugh...

Alya : Yeah! I mean let's do something interesting...Wait....What can be more interesting than playing 'Truth Or Dare'...And especially with you Nanz!

Nandini : What?! 

Nandini thinks, "And all efforts gone in vain. There is no way I'll be out of this place without a new trouble in my life today. "

Alya : What What?

Nandini : Oh come on Alya...Its such a stupid game...And Me+Dare?????!!!!! Definitely not a good combination....

Nandini , "A small try to get myself out of 'a not so yet existing trouble' won't harm you see ;)"

Renuka : I don't know if its a good combination or not...But its crazily entertaining for sure. ;) We love your dares Alya! Specially when it concerns Nanz... ;)

Navya and Renuka hi-fi.

Nandini thinks, "Great. Who needs enemies when you have friends like this. I still remember when they had literally forced me to make a blank call and flirt with the opposite person when we were in 2nd year. I agreed just because they challenged me that I was not courageous enough to do that. And the worst thing was when I came to know that the person on the phone was our newly joined pharmacology professor! Well I love you all a lot....But will you guys please stop playing this dare thing with me...  "

Navya : Where are you lost Nanz ?

Alya : Wow Nanz! Planning the strategy for the dare even before knowing what is your dare!

Nandini (Smirking) : I don't need a strategy to complete your dares Alya. Tell me now, which guy you want me to hit on today...

Nandini ,"I'm trying the last option to save myself from upcoming mess now...I just hope she will back out after knowing that I'm so confident..."

Mukti, Renuka, Navya : Woah!

Alya (Smirking) : Who said that I want you to do that...

Nandini(Hopefully) : Then?

Alya : See there near the counter...A guy just kept his jacket there and went on the dance floor...You just have to bring his wallet to me without his knowledge. That's it. Dare complete.

Nandini : Are you seriously asking me to steal a stranger's wallet?! Huh! Alya! At least behave sane when you are sober. We are doctors for god's sake!

Navya : Now where did that came from!

Renuka : Relax Nanz. Its just a dare. We'll return his wallet once you bring it to us.

Nandini : Oh please! Do you know there are 2 cameras near that counter...

Alya : That's just a dare. And moreover Navya just talked to this so called stranger of yours , a while before you came. So he is no more a stranger!

Nandini : It doesn't make him our friend either!

Navya : Don't worry Nanz. He seemed to be a fun loving person...I don't think he would mind...

Renuka : Come on Nanz! It will be fun!

Nandini : What kick do you guys get by doing all this with me?????

Alya : Awww!!!! We love you Nanz!

Mukti : We just want you to have some fun.

Navya : So go for it!

With baby steps Nandini starts walking towards the counter...

Nandini thinks, "How stupid of me to agree with them. Actually I never said I'll do it. Then why am I walking towards that counter??? Oh god why are my best friends being this farcical? And how they always make me do what they want?! ..... May be because I don't have anyone else anymore whom I can call mine except for these four.... " 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is it !

Let me know your reviews.

What you guys think about Alya's character?

Who do you think is this new stranger?

Is Nandini right assuming it to be a upcoming trouble?

I would love to know what you all think about it...

Thanks for Your comments guys. Thanks for your votes. Thanks for adding my story in your reading lists.

Will be updating almost regularly now. Just got finished with my first year exams. So now the story will get the momentum because of fast updates...

Do vote and comment.

I really love Inline comments! 

Okay, Till then...

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554K 37.1K 195
Discover d crazy journey of MaNan aka Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy #02 in fanfiction on 20/12/17 #23 in fanfiction on 26/02/18 #21 in fanfiction...
117K 12K 15
They say finding true love at nineteen is a blessing. Or so they thought until they believed in their love. But some people are really unlucky withou...
50.1K 3.6K 14
The story of MANIK - THE INNOCENT , NAIVE MALHOTRA (OR IS HE ) and NANDINI THE ARROGANT, SPOILT MURTHY (OR IS SHE)??? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY MEET...
113K 11.8K 78
#7 in revenge (12/10/2020) I am Nandini. Nandini Murthy. In 22, I am a renowned interior designer. I have my own architecture and designing consultan...