Delusions of the Innocent | ✓

By NamjoonBieber

Amara Mahmoud is a 20-year-old, Muslim girl who is in her fourth year of undergraduate studies. She has a lov... More

[!]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[A/N]

[23]

8.5K 565 159
By NamjoonBieber

A/N: you guys can play the song I linked above when I tell y'all! It'll add drama to the scene. 🤣

- - -

Peter's POV

I keep searching the room for Amara, hoping I'd catch a glance.

"Why do you keep looking around the room like that? Who are you waiting for?" Sarah asks.

"Uh, I invited some new friends and I'm hoping they show up." I say.

"Oh, I'd love to meet them too!" Sarah grins. "They're coming on the perfect day too! We're announcing us today, aren't we?"

I swallow the bitterness that suddenly rises up my throat. I give her a small smile as she squeezes my arm.

That's when it happens, the doors open and I knew right away who was walking in.

The second Amara walks in, I was mesmerized to the point where I freeze at my spot. All the sounds in the background disappear and all I hear is my own quickened heart beat.

The red gown trails behind her as she tries to hide behind Dina to divert the attention from her. But all eyes are on them, on her, because she looks absolutely breathtaking. She looks like royalty.

Red is definitely her colour, I smirk.

But that smirk disappears as quickly as it appears because tonight, I'll be breaking her to pieces.

"Are those your new friends?" Sarah's eyes widen.

I nod. I couldn't form words because I was still drooling over Amara.

"Oh my! What gorgeous ladies! Lets go say hi!" Sarah pulls me by my arm.

"Wait-"

But she wouldn't listen. We were already walking towards them.

• • •

Amara's POV

"Peter! You made it." Beena says while clearly trying not to grit her teeth. "Who might this lovely lady at your arm be?"

"This is Sarah, Peter's soon-to-be fiancé!" Mrs. Bilal says excitedly.

That was the last bullet needed to shatter me. I grab a handful of the gown's fabric, squeezing it in my hands only to remember this costs over $4,000 so I let go.

"This is Dina, Zoya, Beena, and Amara." Mrs. Bilal introduces us to Sarah.

Dina quickly wraps her arm around mine. "Oh, its very nice to meet you, Sarah."

"It's very nice to meet you too. You guys look so pretty!" She grins, my making my heart hurt even more.

She seems like a super sweet person.

I can feel the gaze of the boys on me so I turn to look at Rooble, who was the closest and he's looking at me with just as much of confusion as I am in. There's a hint of pity in his eyes for me too.

I guess that's expected, right? Because right now, I'm definitely pitying myself too.

"Fiancée?" Daamir's voice is full of too much shock.

"Uh... when did this happen?" Munir asks.

"They have been talking about getting married to each other since childhood. We thought we should finally let it happen, now that they're ready." Mr. Bilal smiles proudly at the couple.

(A/N: You can play the song I linked above starting now!)

Since childhood? Why hadn't he said anything... was it because I confessed too quickly? I knew I should've kept it to myself, I knew telling people how feel would just be a burden...

"Amara... I..." Peter starts.

The music playing in the background is soft but that's all I could hear besides my heart pounding.

I wanted to scream in his face, not out of anger but out of all the pain building up inside me. How can I stand here, dancing away with him as if everything's okay?

But I refuse to make scene and ruin things for others.

I hadn't noticed while I was overthinking that I had started to take steps backwards until I accidentally bumped right into Daamir.

"Woah, Amara, are you okay?" He asks, grabbing onto my arms so I don't fall.

No, I'm not okay. I want to burst into tears, I want to cry as loud as I possibly can.

It feels like there's shards of glass in my throat and daggers in my heart. I feel like I could choking up blood any second from the unbearable pain that's slowly spreading from my heart to the rest of me.

All eyes are on me...

"Amara, dear, would you like to use the powder room? You don't look so well." Mrs. Bilal looks at me with concern.

I manage to nod.

"Let us come with you." Zoya says and I quickly shake my head no.

Zoya understands I need some time alone and lets me go.

I pick up my skirt slightly and walk towards the washroom as quick as possible.

I hear Peter calling after me but if I talk to him any longer, I might break into even smaller pieces.

Instead of the washroom, I lean against the wall in an empty hallway. I hadnt realized how hard I was breathing until all I could hear was myself.

"Amara!" I hear Peter call out.

I abruptly turn around. "What are you doing here?"

"Are you okay?" He asks with genuine worry in his eyes, which flares up my emotions even more.

"Am I okay? You're asking me if I'm okay after you just walked in with someone else? After your parents just announced you're getting engaged?" My voice rises.

"It wasn't like that..." He becomes quieter.

"Wasn't like what, Peter? Was I not good enough? Did I get too boring for your boisterous life? Did I scare you?" I yell.

"Yeah, you did scare me! You were already planning on settling down with me and it scared me. You expected too much from us."

"Expected too much?" Tears spill from my eyes as I clench my teeth. "Did I ever tell you any of this myself? I didn't. You want to know why? Because I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable. I wanted you to go at your own pace. Yes, I was getting impatient but I thought you wanted this to go somewhere at least."

"I did want this to go somewhere." His voice softens.

I can't stand how calm he is throughout all of this. I want him to yell, I want him to scream, show some type of emotion but nothing, there's nothing.

"Really? Because never acknowledging our relationship and getting engaged to someone else doesn't look too good for you." I scoff. I lean on the wall, trying to support myself. "Yes, I wanted to settle down with you at one point in my life because I quickly realized I loved spending my time with you, I loved the way you made me feel. My feelings developed so quick, I couldn't contain it. But I never meant to freak you out."

"Amara—"

"Shut up! Just shut up! Don't say my name like that!" My voice gets quieter. "I can't handle it, my heart can't take it. If you say my name one more time I might..." I don't finish my sentence.

I sigh. "I'm sorry, I'm yelling at you like it's all your fault, I'm equally to blame. I should've stopped it when I started to realize it wasn't going to work."

"I knew the day you kissed me that you didn't do it because you liked me, it was because you were curious. I felt it and I should've walked away after that but I didn't. I didn't because a small part of me just hoped." I confess.

A sad laughter escapes my lips, "I became selfish for the first time in my life only for it to backfire on me in the worst way possible."

"Wait, Amara." He grabs me by my hand. "You can't go." Peter's voice cracks, making my tears stream down even harder.

I turn around to look him in the eyes one last time; his beautiful, sparkling eyes.

I take his hands in mine. "You made me feel wonderful and became my little safe haven, away from the chaotic real world, even if it was for a short time. But as everything, I should've kept in mind that this would come to an end. Thank you for all the times you made me feel like I was on top of the world. I truly hope you find everything you ever want with Sarah."

I let go of his hand and force myself to turn away from him because if I look at him, I might run right back into his arms.

As my world began crumbling around me, I let him go.

- - -

A/N: dun dUn DUNNNN. 😳

Next Update: Wednesday, July 31, 2019.

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

856K 48.7K 51
"The reason we can't let go of someone is because deep inside, we still have hope." Then, let go. That so-called hope, it's destroying you. "It was...
1.5K 208 25
"Who said I'm not enjoying? Pero, these one-night flings are not my thing. If I want someone, I want her for myself, and she will be mine." ADRIAN "I...
1.4M 67K 33
He once abandoned her to her bullies, but now he has redemption on his mind. Little does he know that this woman has other plans and that life would...
7.1K 541 49
Eshaal a lovely spirited,religious, annoying, cocky but really nice muslim girl betrayed by her best friend, can't seem to trust anyone anymore and s...