Sincerely, the Quarterback (b...

By booksiebooksieproj

Cameron Anderson had great friends, a loving and supportive family, and an awesome life in general. At home... More

Sincerely, the Quarterback
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter Three

1.2K 51 4
By booksiebooksieproj

Fifth hour zoomed by, and sixth hour lagged by. I thought I was going to fall asleep in my history class as Mr. Riggs drowned on and on about World War I, I had no clue why I waited until senior year to take my last required history class.

I stared at the clock, waiting for it to move faster. "Mr. Anderson?” I jumped and looked at Mr. Riggs. I'm sure my face was blank, he smiled. "The answer Mr. Anderson?”

World War I... what was important during that war? Wasn't that the war that took us years to even join? Ugh, history! "I don't know Mr. Riggs," I admitted and he chuckled softly.

"Pay attention," I nodded my head with pink cheeks and tried to focus on his words, but my brain was jumbled, who the hell did Brenda think she was trying to force her way into my life? If she told Alec I like him I would die. I would just keel over and die.

The bell rang and I jumped up, sprinting to seventh hour. "Brenda you hoe!” I yelled and the girl grinned at me.

"Cammy!" I blushed and Mr. Berk cleared his throat.

"Cameron is that the proper language to use in class?" He asked and I chuckled.

"No its not, Brenda you prostitute!” I said and she just laughed, wrapping me in a hug.

"I didn't tell him! Gosh, I asked him about life here and then I asked him about you and stuff..." She shrugged and I stilled glared as she let me go.

"Mr. Berk don't look so appalled, she's my cousin!" I said and he laughed, nodding his head. 

"Yeah, I'm his cous... whew..." She trailed off as Mr. Berk walked away. "He’s mighty fine,” I rolled my eyes and sat down in my desk. "Tell me there is an open desk by you,” Brenda whispered softly and I laughed.

"There actually isn't the only open desk is on the other side of... Karl.” His name was like acid on my tongue.

"Whoa, did the queer just say my name?" Karl's voice made ice slide down my back.

"He did, he must be... fantasizing about us again.” Billy said and I slouched in my seat, Brenda noticed and she pursed her lips.

"Hi I'm Brenda," She said, grinning brightly at the two.

"Oh..." Billy cleared his throat and grinned. “Hey.”

Brenda got on her tip toes and set her lips by Billy's ear. He seemed surprised, but it wore off as his eyes narrowed.

Before he could say anything, she brought her knee up. "Ass wipe,” She muttered and then Mr. Berk walked in.

"Really? So Mrs. Gurden said you slapped Gordon and now you kneed Billy in the groin. Do you have anger issues?" He asked his face in a smile.

"A little, I need to be as far away from them as possible." She said and glared at the guy on the floor.

"Why, may I ask?"

"They're homophobic and I don't like guys like that because... well I don't!” She stomped her foot and I had to resist the urge to laugh.

"Mr. Berk, please just make her sit on that side of the room." I nodded my head towards Alec.

"Okay, okay... uh Jeffery would you mind taking the seat on the other side of Karl?" Jeffery shook his head and jumped up, hurrying to his new seat.

Billy was still on the ground. "Oh suck it up Billy, you play football! She's not even that big." Brenda blushed and ran to her seat.

"We'll get you back, faggot.” Karl hissed and helped Billy back into his seat. Billy sent me a death glare, my cheeks flooded with heat.

"Let's just... get class started.” Mr. Berk sighed and then started talking about English and stuff.

When the bell signaled us to leave, I ran. I left Brenda because I knew what was coming and I didn't want her to see it.

I was coming close to my study hall. God I need to lay off the Taco Bell. I felt hands grip my shoulders and my face connected with the locker to my left. "Fuck," I hissed and slid to the ground.

Karl kicked me hard, making me clutch my stomach. "Don’t you ever dare speak a word about this,” He hissed, kicking me again.

Billy bent down and set his hand to my cheek. He sneered and then pulled his hand back and punched me in the face. I felt my head hit the linoleum ground and I winced, closing my eyes tight. "See you around cock-sucker.”

I dragged myself to my knees and coughed, dragging in a ragged breath. I cupped my stomach and pushed myself up to my feet. I took a deep breath and ran my hand down my face. No blood. No foul.

I walked to study hall, my hands shaking with anger and fear. I slid into the door right after the bell rang and swore. I walked to my desk and sat down, my stomach hurting and my face pounding.

I set my head on my desk and fell asleep quickly.

**

"Boo?" I jumped as someone shook my shoulder. A face was in my vision, blurry.

"Hey?” I mumbled and Lyssa smiled. "You said you two were coming home later," I looked around and my eyes landed on Brenda, Rachel, Jordan, and Liam.

"We were, but your mom called and told us about Brenda so we came right away." She shrugged and rubbed my shoulder. "Let's go sleepy head," I nodded and stood up.

I turned and Liam looked at me. He grinned and walked to me, wrapping me up into a tight hug, making me smile. "I've missed you," I whispered and he pulled away, grinning at me.

"I've missed you too." He said and shook his head. "Come on," He mumbled and tugged on my arm.

We all exited the classroom; Brenda and Rachel were talking excitedly with Lyssa. "Li, let me talk to you alone,” I mumbled and pulled his arm.

"What? No don't leave me with the girls!" Jordan complained and I laughed, pulling Liam to my locker.

"We'll meet you in the parking lot!" Liam yelled and stumbled after me. "What, boo?" He asked and I smiled at him.

"I need to tell you what I want for my birthday," I said with an eye roll. "Duh," We reached my locker, but I didn't get to tell Liam what I wanted. He freaked out.

"What the hell?” He asked, his tone dripping with venom. "Who did this?” He demanded and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Dammit, Cameron look at me!" He yelled and pushed me against the lockers. "Faggot?" He asked his tone hard. "Do you like that?” He hissed and then he was pulled off of me.

"Are you harassing this young man?” The guy asked and set his hand against Liam's throat.

"Oh my god no!” I yelled and pulled the guy's arm.

"Dad?" I looked and almost fainted. Alec. Swoon. "Whoa, put Liam down! That's Cameron's brother!" Alec pulled him off of Liam and his dad was breathing hard, glaring at Liam.

"I was asking him if he liked those words on his locker. I'm so sick of you not standing up for yourself, boo!" I blushed as Alec and his dad heard the nickname. "For Christ sakes I won't always be here! Lyssa and I are getting married and when we're done with school we're going to Philadelphia. Don't you get it, boo? I care about you you're my baby brother!" Liam yelled and I grinned.

"You're getting married?! That's what I wanted for a birthday present... a sister and a nephew if you know what I mean." I winked and Liam slapped the back of my head.

"We're not having kids yet, dammit boo focus!" I grinned and bit my lip.

"Look I'm not a complete-"

"You should have seen him this morning, yelling in Gordon's face like there was no tomorrow. Stormed out of class too," Alec said and I blushed, remembering my freak out moment. "Come on dad, no one is harassing Cameron right now..." Alec pushed his dad away, but before he could he stopped and turned to me.

"My name is David and trust me when I say this, it gets better." I smiled slightly as Alec and his dad walked away.

"Holy shit that was scary,” Liam admitted and grabbed his throat. "I thought he was going to kill me! Who's that boy? He looked familiar...” Liam muttered and I opened my locker to gather my things.

"That was Alec," I whispered, completely baffled. Why does he keep talking to me? I shut my locker and Liam was grinning.

"That was Alec?” He asked, his tone dancing with amusement.

"Liam..." I started and he grinned.

"That was your heartthrob? Aw!” Liam slapped my cheeks and I glared at him. "Sorry about going a little crazy,” He whispered and I sighed, shrugging.

"So you and Lys are engaged?" I asked and he grinned.

"We are I was going to wait to tell you, but oh well." I smiled.

"It really is what I wanted from you," I said softly. "That and a tattoo, what do you say?" I winked and he smiled back.

"I can do that for you," He said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "You're a great little brother you know,”

I nodded and he led us out of the school.

When we got to the parking lot, I saw Brenda waiting by my car with Lyssa. Jordan and Rachel must have left already. "Do you know what mom and dad are getting me?" I asked and Liam smiled at me.

"Yes," He mumbled and I jumped up.

"What?!" I exploded and he chuckled, dropping his arm.

"Surprise, duh," Liam said and I pouted, walking to my car. My parents took me for a surprise present hunt when I was seventeen (just like they did Liam when he was seventeen) and I picked out a black Mustang, convertible. Sexy. Liam on the other hand had a 2010 yellow Camaro. Also sexy.

I shook my head at my thoughts. "So, you two go ahead and get home. I'm going to take Brenda to Starbucks,” I said grinning at my cousin.

"Right, like I've never been to Starbucks." She muttered and I smirked.

"Trust me honey, you'll love it." Lyssa said and Liam humphed while he crossed his arms. "Oh shut it," Lys said with a small elbow to his side. He smiled and led her away from my car and to his.

"What was with that?” Brenda asked as Liam and Lyssa drove away.

"Oh you'll see." I sang out and she rolled her eyes. We got into my car and I glanced at my cousin, realizing how much she's changed. Yes, I haven't seen her since she was ten... but still.

Her hair was long and curly, like always, but she had her ears pierced from lobe to cartilage on both sides. She had a tattoo on her shoulder; I could see it peaking out of her shirt. Her jeans had holes in them and her shirt was black and red, showing off cleavage but not too much. Huh, she looked... so... punky. That was the only word I could think of.

We got to Starbucks and I pulled her from the car. I set my hands on her shoulders. "Take two deep breaths," She did. "Now, have you seen a sex god?’ I asked and she burst out laughing.

"Oh, you're serious... I wouldn't say I have. Alec comes close.’’ Oh god he does.

"Well, he isn't compared to... Donavan." I said his name rolling off of my tongue like pure ecstasy.

"Uh, who?" I simply pulled her hand. We entered Starbucks and I heard her gasp.

"Mhm, girl you've now experienced one of the best things about this tiny town." I walked to the counter with her. "Hey Donavan," I said and he grinned.

"Cameron, I saw your car. Your coffee is already on the way.” You are looking at though most loyal customer in this town.

"Oh thanks, can you make that two, today? This is my cousin Brenda. Brenda this is Donavan the best employee,” I shot him a smile and he chuckled back.

"Thanks Cameron," He said before he extended his hand. Brenda was shocked. Her eyes were wide and I watched her slowly reach her hand to his. He smiled and pulled her hand to his lips. He gave it a soft kiss and I really thought she was going to pass out. "Nice to meet you Brenda,"

"You're hot," She blurted and I snorted. That is not the first time that's happened.

"Gay and taken,” I whispered and her cheeks went red.

"No," She whined and Donavan laughed.

"Yes," He answered and handed me my coffee and sent Brenda an apologetic look.

"Double mocha shot with—"

"Right here," I said and the guy looked up.

His eyes went huge.

"Hey Brenda," She looked away from Donavan’s gorgeous face and I watched a blush work on her cheeks.

"Hey Jacob,” Donavan grinned between the two. I grinned at him and then looked at Brenda.

"Bow chicka wow wow,” I muttered and Brenda elbowed me in the ribs. "Ah the light, I see it! I see it!" I yelled and threw my hand in the air dramatically. What? It was empty.

"You're always fun to watch, Cameron. Oh my gosh! Baby!” Donavan yelled and jumped over the counter, running to a boy who looked about my size, but was much hotter.

"They're the unreal couple." I told Brenda who shook her head at me and looked back at Jacob. Huh, she must have met him at school today.

The door opened again and I almost keeled over. What is with this kid? He is everywhere!"

"Jacob, the usual?” Alec asked as he walked up to the counter.

"Yeah, Brenda call me sometime. See you Cameron," I nodded and then blushed.

"Let's go,” I muttered and Brenda shook her head.

"Come on, I like Jacob he's nice! And look at his ass, Cammy!" I glared at her and she

grinned back. "Even a straight guy cannot deny that fine piece of work,”

“Mm, they can't." Alec tossed a five dollar bill on the counter and took his coffee from Jacob. "See you guys," He smiled and walked from the store.

"Is Alec gay?" Jacob asked looking at me. I shrugged. "Oh well I just didn't know if all the gay kids hung out and partied. Unts, unts, unts," he said and pumped his fist.

I burst out laughing. "We don't... I'm the only openly gay boy in our senior class Jacob, did you forget?’ I asked and he frowned.

"Yeah, I know... but I sort of just heard what Alec said."

"You heard what Brenda said too; even a straight man cannot deny your fine ass." I blushed as the words fell from my mouth. "Oh good, come on Brenda.” She giggled and waved at Jacob.

She stared at Donavan and his unreal boyfriend until we got to my car. "How can a couple be that hot?” She asked and pointed at the window of the coffee shop.

"I don't know, but Jacob is totally into you!” I said and pulled out, driving home.

"You think? He gave me his number in class today," She blushed again and sipped at her coffee. "This is amazing," She said and I laughed.

"Yeah, Donavan has my order memorized because I come here at least every day after school and it's the same thing.” I shrugged and she laughed a little.

"Thanks for being such an awesome cousin,” Brenda said and smiled at me, making me chuckle.

"No problem,” I said with a shrug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 5K 69
Luis and his family recently moved to a new state. His favorite thing to do is play soccer. Everything soccer. There's struggles at home and struggle...
151K 4.1K 40
18-year-old Gabriel Knight knows who he is. Quarterback of the high school football team, senior, good-looking ladykiller, and just downright popular...
1.2K 164 17
"It's infuriating, you know? The only thing standing between us and happiness is my gender." -------------------------------- Jake and Liam appear t...
30.7M 622K 60
The last 10 chaps will be taken off from the book so it will be a really long sample lol. Find it on Amazon! =^.^= [WARNING there is BOYXBOY action i...