βœ“ | DAMAGED GOODS, steve harr...

By -lalalie

γ€Œπ——π—”π— π—”π—šπ—˜π—— π—šπ—’π—’π——π—¦γ€βdamaged goods, fuck, that has a nice ring to it❞ Started: July 22, 2019 Finished:... More

DISCLAIMER
epigraph
one - madmax
two - trick or treat, freak
three - the pollywog
four - will the wise
five - dig dug
six - the spy
seven - mind flayer pt.1
eight - mind flayer pt.2
nine - the gate pt.1
eleven - suzie, do you copy?
twelve - the mall rats
thirteen - the case of the missing lifeguard
fourteen - the sauna test
fifteen - the flayed
sixteen - e pluribus unum
seventeen - the bite
eighteen - the battle of starcourt
epilogue
author's note

ten - the gate pt.2

17.7K 593 230
By -lalalie

"You've got it handled huh?" Imogen walked alongside Steve as he held the hand-drawn rushed map, that Mike drew to guide them.

"What?" He peeked over to her

She then gestured her hand to her face," You took a horrible beating"

"Oh" He turned back," Yeah not one of my greatest moments"

"Yeah, it's not, but you did help"

"I wouldn't really say I did, I pretty much blacked out for the most of it"

She chuckled patting his arm," Don't worry you'll win a fight soon enough"

"Oh yeah, thanks for the reassurance Immy" He scoffed playfully making her chuckle," I've got my revenge building up, that asshole nearly hurt the kids" She mumbled for only him to hear, as she peered over her shoulder.

"Yeah, he also taunted me outside before coming in"

She looked at him," About what?"

"About you—and the things you have done"

"We kissed" Imogen stated," That's all"

He stopped walking and looked at her," Really?"

She nodded," Yeah, I was not going to sleep with him Steve, I have some decency"

"And Jonathan falls under that?" He blurted out making her huff," Don't go there Steve" She elbowed his arm as she walked ahead,

"Sorry" He whispered following after," I wasn't thinking"

"Yeah, I guess not—look we'll save it when our lives are not in—"

Dustin started screaming making Imogen quickly turn," Shit!!!"

"Duffin?!!" She shouted running over to her brother," Help! Help! Help!!"

"Dustin" All of them screamed

"Duffin hey" She knelt down to him as he continued to shout," Hey sweetie" She tried to get a grip on him but he kept screaming.

He removed his mask whimpering," It's in my mouth! Some got in my mouth! Shit!" He started to cough and turn away

"Shit" Steve cursed

Imogen patted her brothers back, as she felt her nerves swarming with anxiety," Duffin, hey" He spit out and pulled back looking at the others and his sister catching his breath.

"I'm okay," He said nonchalantly making Imogen close her eyes letting out a sigh in relief, while the other groaned in complaints.

"You serious?" Max whine

"Very funny, man" Steve huffed," Nice, very nice"

"Jesus, what an idiot" Imogen chuckled patting his back," Way to make everyone panic"

He chuckled as she helped him up putting her arm over his shoulder," Come on buddy, let's go"

They trailed behind the rest as time felt slow, Steve stopped," All right, Wheeler. I think we found your hub"

"Let's drench it"

━━━━◦━━━━◦━━━━◦━━━━

"Go, go, go!!!" Steve shouted after the hub burst into flames, Imogen made sure the kids went first, as she trailed behind with Steve at front guiding them.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God" Dustin repeated as he ran.

Imogen could hear the screeching like it was loud in her ears, the others didn't seem to notice it—but she did, and it felt like there was a shadow creeping on her neck.

She tripped being distracted with the feeling, and felt the vines slither over her legs," Help!!! Help!"

Steve stopped hearing her screams, and looked back to see Imogen was not in sight," Shit!!" He pushed past the kids as they followed after him," Imogen!!"

Dustin saw her first, making him shout for Steve," Pull!! Pull her!" He whimpered raising his voice overly, in panic, "Help me!"

The boys and Max came holding her as she tried to squirm out of the hold on her legs," Fuck!" She cursed feeling it tighten around her legs.

"Everybody back!!" Back!" Steve shouted gripping the bat, bashing it straight for the visible target. His grunts filled the ears as he continuously hit it, freeing Imogen's legs.

She scrambled up with the help of the others," You okay?" Dustin asked first, she nodded as he wrapped his arm around her waist to support her. She watched Steve keep hitting the same spot," Steve" She let out a breath but he didn't hear her," Steve!! It's okay," He turned breathing heavily as his mind cleared of anger and terror.

"Guys, we gotta go" Imogen gulped but her words were drowned to the sound of growling, she almost fell but Steve caught her. They all looked at the creature standing in front of them.

"Dart" Dustin dragged his tone as he stepped forward," Duffin" Imogen called out

"Dustin/Get back"

He waved his hand," Shh. Stop" as he continued to walk forward slowly," Trust me, please"

Imogen felt Steve tighten his hold on her as she watched her brother get closer to Dart," Hey. It's me, it's me. It's your friend, it's Dustin" He then knelt down," it's Dustin, all right? You remember me? Will you let us pass?"

Darts mouth opened as he snarled loudly like he was getting mad at Dustin specifically," Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about the storm cellar. That was a pretty douchey thing to do" He reached his hand back, to his bag" You hungry? Yeah?"

"He's insane" Lucas blurted out, but Mike hit his stomach," Don't"

"Shut up" Steve whispered to them

"I've got our favourite. See? Nougat"

Imogen leaned over to Steve's ear," I'm freaken insane for letting my brother do this you know that" He tightened his hold on her waist," We do stupid things, I thought we established that"

"This is borderline stupid Steve" She spat as he chuckled softly

"Look at that. Yummy. Here, all right?" Dustin tossed the candy to the ground," Eat up, buddy. Come on. Come on." He then kept his face forward but waved for the others to walk by since Dart was distracted.

They looked back to Dustin who got up, as Dart peered at him for a moment and then turned back to eating," Goodbye, buddy"

"I hate that I find this sad" Imogen mumbled to the others and they all nodded in agreement.

"Let's go" Steve spoke up making them all now run, once they saw the rope in view, the ground started to shake.

"Jesus!" They scrambled to the ground as roaring filled their ears.

"What was that?" Max asked the sound echoed behind them as they all turned hearing the trudging of multiple feet," They're coming" Mike announced," Run!! Run!!"

Steve lifted each of the kids, and Dustin was last. He was about to lift Imogen, but the distance of shadows moving made them freeze in place," Shit" Steve cursed

"Imogen!!! Steve!!" The others shouted from above," Come on!!"

Steve pulled Imogen into his arms hugging her tightly seeing the creatures running towards them. They both waited but nothing came to them, instead they were pushed by the creatures passing through them.

Steve lifted Imogen up the hole, as the boys helped her since her wrist was in no condition to pull herself up, she felt her neck burn slightly, but she chose to not think about it at the moment.

It was finally over. The long excruciatingly night was finally over.

Imogen hugged Steve tightly as he kissed her head repeating 'I love you' over and over, but she couldn't help but think—that it was not over as she reached to her neck holding back the chill down her spine.

━━━━◦━━━━◦━━━━◦━━━━

"Son of a bitch, Son of a bitch!" Imogen chuckled hearing her brother, feeling Déjà vu from a month ago. She adjusted her clothes, looking in the mirror running a brush through her hair as she hummed to the Christmas music playing in the living room.

She did not feel the creeping feeling since that night, but she still had nightmares, and it was horrible at night for the Henderson family having to hear her screams. It stopped a few weeks after, when Steve had decided to sleepover, and with him next to her. The nightmares did not happen.

She and Steve had resumed their relationship, after that day, but both of them taking it much slower than before, wanting to be careful and do things right.

The doorbell brought her out of her thoughts, making her place her brush on the table," Immy, Dusty! Your ride is here"

She walked out of her room, and saw her brother run by her," Duffin?"

"Give me 10 minutes! I'll meet you both in the car" He shouted closing his room door.

"Uh—Okay?" She said slowly walking to the living room, smiling at her mom petting their new cat. Tews who just like Mews, did not like her—again she did not care, as long as her Mom was happy.

"Oh, Sweetie you look beautiful" Claudia grinned at her daughter. Imogen raised her eyebrow looking down to her casual outfit," Mom, I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt"

"Oh, just take the compliment honey, you're going on a long-awaited date" She chuckled at her," Okay fine, thanks" She walked over kissing her cheek," Remember Steve is staying over later!" She stepped out of the house closing the front door.

She snorted seeing Steve leaning on his car holding a bouquet of roses," Oh please, tell me that is for Dustin and not me" She teased walking over.

His face fell," What?"

"Roses babe? Come on, you know food wins me over flowers" She continued taunting him as she swayed on her feet.

"W-Well then this will be for Mews then" He huffed, she giggled leaning forward kissing him," I'm just kidding silly, I love it'

"You are evil" He whispered pulling out of the kiss trying to playfully bit her nose making her squeal.

Dustin walked out of the house and gagged seeing them making out," Oh god stop it before I throw up!"

Imogen chuckled in the kiss as she pulled away," Well we can save that after we drop him to his ball"

Steve groaned in complaint," Fine"

"You two are too horny for my liking it's gross" Dustin muttered getting in the car, sitting in the front," For that, I deserve shotgun!"

Imogen rolled her eyes, and paused only seeing her brother's hair eyeing it than turning to Steve who was grinning," You—" She pointed back and forth," Did you—"

"Farrah Fawcett isn't it" Imogen grumbled making Steve laugh," You know it babe" He kissed her cheek walking to the driver seat.

"Sweet Jesus" Imogen looked at the sky," Should I be worried?"

"Yeah, if you keep talking to yourself, sis" Dustin poked his head out the window," Now come on, or else I'll be late!"

━━━━◦━━━━◦━━━━◦━━━━

Dustin had his hand raised to his ears, listening to Steve and Imogen singing obnoxiously loud to the songs on the radio.

"You two need singing lessons!!" He shouted annoyed

"Nah, we just choose to sing horribly" Imogen scooted forward poking her head between the seats," It's more fun"

"Not for my ears" Dustin grumbled, which only made the two sing, even louder than before

He groaned loudly being careful not to mess his hair as he covered his ears.

It lasted the entire ride, but stopped when the Middle School was in view, making Steve lower the music and slow down the car," All right Buddy, here we are"

Dustin looked out his window evening his breath," So, remember, once you get in there...

"Pretend like I don't care"

"Just have fun Duffin" Imogen cut Steve off as she pushed her hand to his face," Ignore Steve, and just have a freaken blast tonight"

He got out of the car after a little pep talk walking to the school, but Imogen didn't bother moving as she leaned back making Steve turn back to her," Are you going to just sit back there?'

"Yeah, I feel like royalty, with you being my chauffeur" She teased

"Get your cute little ass up here"

"Make me" She taunted

He then smirked," Okay you asked for it" She shrieked as he leaned over his seat tickling her, both not caring if people were looking in the car as they passed by.

"Steve!! Stop it!!" She squealed as he continued leaning forward kissing her," I love you"

She reached forward tugging his hair gently," I love you too Stupid" He rolled his eyes as she chuckled kissing his nose," Now seriously, let's go on our date before I starve to death Harrington"

"Yes, ma'am!" He saluted as she laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434 14 13
➳ i've fallen in love for the first time and this time i know it's for real. ➳ [ in which hawkins goes bat shit crazy once more and the twins and th...
66.6K 1.5K 31
Max Mayfield x fem OC season 2 - βœ… season 3 - βœ… season 4 - βœ… season 5 -
182K 6.9K 24
❝ I CAN'T FIGHT THAT THING! WHAT IF I BREAK A NAIL? ❞ NANCY WHEELER/OC SEASON 2-3
158K 4.5K 14
WHEN YOU REQUIRE A MIRACLE, TRUST IN A WITCH. Nancy Wheeler / Stranger Things Completed. Super Cringe but I'm not editing it πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ Formerly titl...