Harry's New Guardian (A Snape...

By JessicaRivera821

What if, instead of Hagrid giving Harry his letter, Snape is the one who gives it to him? What will Snape thi... More

Chapter 1: The Dursleys
Chapter 2: Hogwarts
Chapter 3: Guardianship
Chapter 4: The Hogwarts Express and The Sorting Hat
Chapter 5: Potions, Charms and Madam Hooch
Chapter 6: The Dursleys' Punishment
Chapter 8: Christmas Break Part 1
Chapter 9: Christmas Break Part 2
Chapter 10: Christmas Day and Presents
Chapter 11: The Mirror of Erised and Nicholas Flamel
Chapter 12: Down The Trap Door

Chapter 7: A troll and A Qudditch Match

10.8K 229 55
By JessicaRivera821

As September left and October came rolling in, it brought with it, cooler and rainy weather. Halloween was upon them, Ron was having a bad day as he and Hermione were bickering as usual. He was still holding a grudge about Hermione, telling him how to pronounce Leviosa. That afternoon, Harry, Ron, Dean and Seamus were heading up to their common room, to put their books and backpacks away. Ron mocks Hermione as he rants to Seamus, "It's Leviosa not Leviosar." All but Harry laughs at that. Ron continues to rant, "She's a nightmare, honestly! No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" Hermione who was a just a few feet away from them, heard him. She pushes passed them crying. They stop and watch her go as Harry said, "I think she heard you. That evening they go down to the great hall for the Halloween Feast. The enchanted ceiling showed that it was storming outside. Lighting lit up the ceiling as the thunder was heard. Giant Jack-O-Lanterns floated near the ceiling amongst the floating candles as bats flew around near the ceiling. They sit at the table to eat. Delicious sweets of every kind laden all 5 tables. As they start to eat, Harry notices that Hermione wasn't there. He said, "Where's Hermione?" Neville said, "Parvait said that Hermione won't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that Hermione's been there all afternoon, crying." Harry gives Ron a look. Ron shrugs as if to say, what. Suddenly, the double doors crashes open as Quirrell comes running up to the staff table, shouting, "TROLLS IN THE DUNGEONS! TROLLS IN THE DUNGEONS!" Everyone goes quiet as they watch Quirrell. The staff members stand up from their table and look at him in shock. Quirrell said, "Thought you ought to know...." He faints and collapse onto the stone floor. The students erupt in a state of panic, screaming. Dumbledore roars, "SILENCE!" Everyone quiets down again, looking scared at Dumbledore. Dumbledore said calmly, "Everyone will please not panic. Now, prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories. Teacher will follow me to the dungeon." While the teachers followed Dumbledore, Snape went through the door behind the staff table. He knew it was a diversion, he had to get to the stone to make sure it was safe. He had a gut feeling that Quirrell was behind it, that he may try to steal it. The prefects start shepherding the students to lead them to the dormitories. Percy who was a Gryffindor Prefect said, "Gryffindors keep up please and stay alert!" As he lead the Gryffindor students towards the moving staircases. Harry said, "How did a troll get in?" Ron said, "Not on its own, trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes."

Harry realizes something and pulls Ron away from the line of Gryffindors. Ron said, "What?" He said, "Hermione! She doesn't know!" Harry starts to run. Ron realizing the kind of danger Hermione was in and runs after Harry. They run towards the girl's bathroom, but stop to hide nearby as they see a troll heading towards the girl's bathroom. Ron said, "I think the troll's left the dungeons." Harry said, "It's heading to the girl's bathroom!" Hermione come out of the stall, wiping her eyes, only to see a pair of troll feet. She looks up and sees a troll looking down at her. He was also holding a large club. Hermione slowly backs up towards the stall and runs to hide in one. The troll swings his club, breaking the top half of the stalls as it tries to get to her. Hermione screams in terror as she duck to the floor and covers her head. Ron and Harry runs into the bathroom and sees the troll. Harry said, "Hermione move!" Hermione starts to crawl from one stall to another, to get away from the troll. The troll swings the club to break the rest of the stalls. Hermione screams again as she shouts, "HELP!" Harry and Ron starts throwing pieces of the stalls at it, which does nothing until...... "OY PEABRAIN!" Ron shouted at it. That got its attention as the troll turns around to look at them. Only for it to see Hermione scurrying to hide under one of the sinks. Its attention was back on Hermione again as it raises its club once more. Hermione screams and moves out of the way just in time, as the troll swings its club and breaks the sink that she was hiding under only moments earlier. Hermione shouts, "HELP!" As she huddles under the sink. Harry pulls his wand out and runs at the troll. He grabs hold of the club as the troll raises it up again, taking him with it. Harry lets go and lands on his shoulder. His legs wraps around the troll's neck to keep himself from falling off. The troll felt him there and starts to try to knock him off. Only for Harry's wand to go up the troll's nose in the process. The troll sneezes and resumes trying to knock Harry off, only to succeed in grabbing him by the leg and holding him upside down. Harry said, "DO SOMETHING!" As the troll swings its club at him. He dodges it as Ron said, "What?!" Harry said, "ANYTHING!" As he dodges the troll's club again. Harry shouts, "Hurry up!" As Ron pulls his own wand out and points it at the troll's club. Hermione said, "Swish and flick!" Ron does just that as he finally enunciates correctly, "WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!" As the troll swings once more, the club slips out of its hand and levitates a foot above its head. The troll, seeing his club gone, looks up. Only for the club to come down, hitting it right on its head. Ron said, "Cool!" As the troll lets go of Harry and passes out. Harry falls to the floor and scurries away as the troll fell to the floor, unconscious. As the dust settles, Hermione walks slowly towards them, eyeing the troll. She said, "Is the troll.... dead?" Harry said, "I don't think so, just knocked out." Harry leans down and pulls his wand out of the troll's nose, bringing bogies along with it. Harry said, "Ewwww Ugh! Troll bogies."

They suddenly heard hurried footsteps approaching the girl's bathroom. McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell, runs into the bathroom to see it in shambles. They all look shocked as McGongall lays a hand on her chest and said, "Oh! Oh my goodness! Explain yourselves, both of you!" Both start to come up with an explanation, when Hermione spoke up, "It's my fault, Professor McGonagall." All 3 teachers look at her in disbelief as McGonagall said, "Miss. Granger?" Hermione continues, "I went looking for the troll. I read about them and thought I could handle it." Harry and Ron look at each other in disbelief. Hermione was lying to a professor! They look down and allowed her to go on with it. Hermione looks down, as if ashamed. She said, "But I was wrong. If Harry and Ron hadn't come and found me, I'd probably be dead." McGonagall said, "Be that as it may, it was an extremely foolish thing to do!" Harry spots blood dripping down Snape's leg and wonders why his dad was bleeding. Snape catches him looking at his leg and covers it. He gives Harry a we'll-talk-about-this-later look, which Harry understood. McGonagall continues, unaware of what transpired behind her, "I would have expected more rational behavior on your part. I am very disappointed in you, Miss. Granger! 5 points will be taken from Gryffindor, for your serious lack of judgement!" She turns to Harry and Ron and said, "As for you 2 gentlemen, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many first years students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale! 5 points.... will be awarded to each of you, for sheer dumb luck!" McGonagall leaves, shortly followed by Snape, but not before Snape gives Quirrell a look as if to say that he was on to him. As Snape leaves, Quirrell stutters, "P..P..Perhaps you ought to go. I..I..It might wake up." Harry, Ron and Hermione leaves the bathroom, unaware of the disappointed look he gave to the troll. As the three of them walk down the corridor, Harry said, "Good of you to get us out of trouble like that." Ron said, "Mind you, we did save her life." Harry said, "Mind you, she might not have needed saving if you hadn't insulted her." Ron said, "What are friends for." The 3 of them smile as they head back up to the common room. Snape went back to his quarters and tended to the wounds with Filch's help. After covering the wound and wrapping it up. He repairs his pants and puts it on. He limps to his armchair and sits down. An hour later, there was a knock at the door. Snape gets up and limps to the door. He opens it to find Harry standing there, looking worried. Snape said, "Come in, Harry." Harry goes inside as Snape shuts the door. Harry sits on the couch and said, "Are you ok dad? I saw blood on your leg. Why are you limping?" Snape sits in his armchair and said, "Calm down, Harry. I'll be fine. I'll explain, but I ask you not to interrupt me until I finish. Understood?" Harry said meekly, "Ok dad," Snape sighs and lifts his pants to show Harry his wrapped leg. He said, "I got bit by that 3-headed dog trying to get to the sorcerer's stone." Snape said bitterly, "How can anyone get passed that damn dog, while keeping an eye on all 3 heads at once!" Snape sighs as he rubs his injured leg. He said, "Dumbledore had me bring it here to protect it. That 3-headed dog was Hagrid's idea." Harry said curiously, "What's the sorcerer's stone?" Snape said, "Of that, I do not know. All Dumbledore told me, was to bring the stone here to hide it and protect it." Harry said, "Oh ok, so that's what the dog is guarding." Snape eyes his son, "Explain yourself, Harry." Harry said meekly, "We were going up the moving staircases, when one of the staircases moved while we were on it. I went through the first door I saw. I didn't know it was the 3rd floor, I swear! Then Filch's cat showed up, so we had to find a place to hide. We hid behind a door, not knowing that there was a 3-headed dog there. Hermione had unlocked the door. We screamed and ran out. I locked the door, then we ran back to our common room. Hermione was the one who noticed that there was a trap door under the dog and that the dog was guarding it for some reason." Snape sighs, "Something tells me that Miss, Granger will figure all this out before long. She's a very smart girl, but very nosy." Harry becomes thoughtful, "So there our other things protecting the stone, other than the dog of course." Snape nods, "Professors Flitwick, McGonagall, Quirrell, Sprout , Dumbledore, myself and of course Hagrid, have put protections of our own, to make sure the stone is safe." Harry understood now. He said, "Do you know who is trying to steal it?" Snape said, "I have my suspicions, but I need to be absolutely certain, before I act." Harry said, "Ok, dad. We're not in trouble are we?" Snape shakes his head, "No, at least for now." Harry relaxes, "Ok, dad. Thanks for understanding." Snape nods and said, "I'll be alright, Harry. This will heal, don't worry." Harry nods and hugs Snape, who hugs him back and said, "Ok dad. I'm glad you're ok." Snape lets go and said, "Now head back up to your common room and get some sleep. You have quidditch tomorrow." Harry looks nervous as he said, "I don't have a broomstick to play quidditch, dad." Snape smirks slightly, "Don't worry, you'll have one before the game even starts." Harry said, "Ok, dad. Um Dad, can I tell Hermione and Ron? I mean, It's like you said, Hermione's going to figure it out and tell us anyways. She's not the type to let it go, dad." Snape sighs, "Very well, Harry. You may. She's going to figure it all out, either way, but no one else, understood?" Harry said, "I understand, thanks dad." Snape nods, "Now off to the common room with you. It's getting late. We don't want Flich to catch you out of bed." Harry smiles, "Ok dad, good night." Snape said, "Good night Harry." Harry leaves Snape's quarters and heads up to the common room. Snape said to himself, "You're going to be the death of me, Harry. What am I going to do with you?"

The day of the first quidditch match was upon them. Hermione and Ron were eating breakfast. Harry hadn't even touched his. He was too nervous to eat and he still didn't have a broom to play quidditch yet. Ron said, "Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on." Hermione said, "Ron's right, Harry. You're going to need your strength for today." Harry said, "I'm not hungry." Snape limps down the table and stops before them. He looks at Harry, his eyes glittering as he smirks. Little did Harry know that he had bought him a broomstick, and a good one too. With McGonagall's help of course. It should be arriving any minute now. He said low enough for only Harry, Ron and Hermione to hear, "Good luck, Harry. You and I will speak about the troll after the game, understood?" Harry nods meekly. Snape stand at his fullest height and continues, "Since you've proven yourself against a troll, quiddich should be easy work for you." Harry mutters, "I doubt it." Snape said, "You're skills say otherwise, Harry." Harry looks at Snape meekly as Snape said, "It will be against my house, Slytherin. I must warn you, they tend to play a dirty, so be careful." Harry nods, "I will dad. When will I get my broomstick?" Snape smirks, "It will be here soon enough. I look forward to seeing you on the field." Snape smirks as he limps up to the staff table. Hermione said, "Why is he limping?" Harry tells them what Snape told him last night. He made them promise not to tell anyone else. Hermione whispers, "So that's what the dog is guarding, the sorcerer's stone!" Harry nods as Hermione continues, "And there are other teachers protecting the stone?" Harry nods again as Ron whispers, shaking his head, "Only Hagrid would come up with the idea of having a 3-headed dog to guard the trap door." Hermione said, "I'm going to do more research after the quidditch match. I'm going to find out who the owner of the sorcerer's stone is." Harry said, "Don't let the teachers or Hagrid know that we know ok. Otherwise, dad won't be happy with us." Hermione and Ron nod in agreement. They didn't want Snape to get angry with them and take points if that happened. Suddenly owls start pouring into the great hall, as they look for their owners. Harry's snowy owl could be seen carrying a long thin package as it flew towards him. As Hedwig flies above their heads, she drops the long thin package. Harry catches it and sets it on the table as Hedwig flies away towards the staff table. Harry spots a note on the package. Harry said, "Oh, there's a note." Ron said as Harry takes the note off of the package, "Whose it from?" Harry opens the note and recognizes Snape's handwriting. Harry reads the note:

To Harry,

Here is a broomstick that I know you will play well on. Minerva helped pay for it as it was very expensive to get. Good luck on the qudditch pitch. I will be watching you."

Your father,

Severus Snape

Harry looks at his friends surprised, "It's from Snape! I wasn't expecting him to get me a broomstick! Much less, expecting him to ask McGonagall to help him get it!" Ron looks at the package excitedly, "Let's open it!" Harry, Hermione and Ron open the package to reveal a splendid looking broom. On the top part of the handle, the words Nimbus 2000 was etch into the wood and painted gold. Ron said, "It's the Nimbus 2000! It's the best broom there is, Harry!" Harry looks over at Snape and McGonagall in surprise. Snape was smirking in his direction while McGonagall smiles at Harry as she pets Harry's owl. Harry mouths to them, "Thank you!" Snape nods back, smirking. McGonagall nods back, smiling. Students start to crowd around to look at the broomstick, including Malfoy. Malfoy came around with Crabbe and Goyle and said, "Why did you get a broomstick, Snape." Harry said coolly, "It's for me to know and for you to find out, Malfoy." Malfoy said, "Are you going to let me see it, or do I need to take it from you?" Unbeknownst to Malfoy, Snape was watching from the staff table. He smelled trouble, so he left the staff table and snuck up behind Malfoy. He had heard what Malfoy had said as he stood behind him. Snape looks at Harry and nods. Harry said, acting as if Snape wasn't standing there, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Malfoy." Malfoy sneered, "And why not, Snape?" Snape answered from behind him, "Because, then you would be in serious trouble with me, Mr. Malfoy." Malfoy whirls around and stares up at Snape. He said, "Professor Snape! I only wanted to get a better look at Harry's broomstick, sir." Snape said, "Threatening to take his broomstick is not the proper way to want to see it, Mr. Malfoy." Malfoy went quiet as Snape continues, "I suggest that you go back to your seat. Mr. Malfoy. Take Crabbe and Goyle with you." Malfoy glares at Harry before leaving with Crabbe and Goyle. Harry said, "Thanks, Professor." Snape nods, "I'll see you on the quidditch pitch, Mr. Snape." Harry smiles slightly as Snape smirks and limps out of the hall.

Harry saw as other students started to leave the great hall. Wood was already on his feet, along with the rest of the team. Wood said, "Let's go team, we need to get ready for the game." Harry said, "I better go, wish me luck out there." Ron and Hermione said in unison, "Good luck, Harry." As Harry gets out of his seat, grabs his new broomstick and follows Wood out of the hall. They head down to the quidditch pitch and enter the changing room. Wood said, "Alright, today is our first game of the season. We're playing against Slytherin. They like to play dirty, so watch out for them, ok?" Fred and George said in unison, "We'll keep an out for them, Wood." Wood said, "Harry, make sure you catch that snitch, leave the rest to us." Harry said nervously, "Will do, Wood." Wood said, "Angelina, are there any quidditch robes that will fit Harry?" Angelina went to look and came back with some robes, "These are a bit big, but I can shrink them to fit Harry. I can change the back of the robes to say his last name, too." Wood nods, "Ok, do it. Harry needs quidditch robes." Angelina nods and beckons Harry to follow her while Wood continued the pep talk. They went towards the back of the changing room. Angelina said, "Ok, change into these, I'll shrink them to fit you Harry. I'll turn around so you can change." Angelina hands Harry the robes and turns around to face the wall. Harry changes out of his school robes and puts them aside. Then he puts on the quidditch robes. Harry said, "Ok , I'm finished, Angelina." Angelina turns around and looks at Harry. Angelina said, "Ok, we'll put your school robes in this locker next to Fred's." Angelina places his robes in the locker then closes it. Angelina waves her wand over the locker, so that his name was on it. Then Angelina turns to face Harry. Angelina said, "Ok, arms out to the side, Harry." Harry spreads his arm open and stands there as Angelina shrinks his robes to fit him. Angelina said, "Turn around Harry." Harry turns around. Angelina starts to fix the back of his robes, so that it would say his last name. When Angelina finished, she pockets her wand. She said, "Does it fit ok? Take a look in the mirror and tell me what you think." Harry looks in the mirror. The quidditch robes fit perfectly. He looks at the back. There on the back of his robes was his last name, Snape, with the number 7 underneath it. Harry smiles, "It fits fine, thank you Angelina." Angelina smiles, "No problem, Harry. Come on." Angelina and Harry went back to the group. Angelina said, "Harry's all set, Wood." Wood looks at Harry, "Perfect. Ok, everyone else, get into your quidditch robes." Angelina tosses Harry a pair of gloves, elbow and knee pads and said, "You're going to need these. I have new ones myself, so you can have those. They should fit you." Harry smiles, "Thanks Angelina." Angelina said, "No problem." Everyone gets into their qudditch robes and gear, as Harry puts on the elbow and knee pads. Harry puts on the gloves and grabs his broomstick. Fred and George grab their beater bats and their broomsticks. The rest grab their broomsticks. Wood said, "Ready team?" The team said in unison, "Ready, Wood!" Wood said, "Let's go team!" The team cheers as Wood leads them to where they will fly out onto the field.

Harry stood next to him feeling scared. Wood looks at Harry and said, "Nervous, Snape?" Harry nods in response. Wood said, "I was nervous too, in my first game." Harry said, "What happened?" Wood looks at Harry and said, "I got hit in the head with a bludger 2 minutes in. I woke up in the hospital wing a week later." Harry felt more scared now as they mounted their broomsticks. What Wood said didn't help at all! The doors open and two by two, they fly out onto the field amidst the cheering crowd. Harry saw how easy it was to steer the broom. He bent down low and starts to speed up as he flew around the pitch. The broomstick was really fast and turns much sharper then the rest of his teams' broomsticks put together! As his team formed a half circle in the middle of the field, Harry flew to stay just a few feet above them. The Slytherin team came flying in with their team captain. Their team captain looks as if he was part troll, by the looks of him. They 2 form a half circle to complete the circle. Their seeker also flew up to stay above his team just as Harry did. Madam Hooch steps onto the field and opens the chest. She opens the tiny cabinet doors, released the snitch and lets loose the bludgers. Harry watches as the bludgers came flying out of the chest and fly around the pitch. Along with the snitch. Madam Hooch grabs the quaffle and said, "I want a nice clean game..." Madam Hooch adds as she looks at the Slytherins, "From all of you." Harry could hear Lee Jordan explaining who the new players were. Lee Jordan said, "The bludgers and snitch have been released." Madam Hooch blows her whistle as she releases the quaffle. She puts on her goggles and jumps on her broomstick to referee the game. Lee Jordan said, "The quaffle has been released and the game begins!" Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet, immediately went after the quaffle while Fred and George watched, so they know when to hit a bludger at the opposite team. Harry immediately started searching for the snitch, as was the slytherin seeker. The game quickly became dirty as they game became tied, 20 points a piece. The Slytherin captain with help from another team had managed to knock Angelina and Katie out of the game. Fred and George were doing their best, whacking the bludgers at the offending team. The team captain said, "Give me that!" At one of his beaters. The beater gave him the bat and moved back. The qudditch captain sneers at Wood as a bludger came his way. He hit the bludger towards Wood. The bludger hit its target as it slams right into his stomach, sending him through one of the 3 hoops and off of his broomstick. Wood lands on the ground, his broomstick landing nearby. Madam Pomfrey comes out and levitates Wood out of the pitch. They were down by 3 teammates! Harry had to find that snitch!

Suddenly, Harry spots the snitch at the Slytherin gold posts. Harry bents down and goes flying towards the snitch. Lee Jordan said, "It looks like Harry has seen the snitch!" The crowd roars as Harry flies towards the snitch. Out of nowhere, his broomstick starts to buck, attempting to kick Harry off. Harry holds on for dear life as the broomstick keeps trying to buck him off. The crowd gasps as they watch. Hagrid said, "What's going on with Harry's broomstick?" Hermione borrows Hagrid's binoculars and looks around the stands. She spots Snape talking non-stop under his breath, his eyes glued on Harry. But, Snape wasn't the only one she noticed that was doing that, so was Quirrell. She knew that Snape would never hurt Harry. So that could only mean one thing, Quirrell was trying to knock Harry off of his broomstick! Hermione said, "It's Quirrell! He's jinxing the broom!" Ron said worriedly, "Jinxing the broom? What are we going to do!" Hermione hands Ron the binoculars and said, "Leave it to me!" Hermione runs off in the direction where Snape and Quirrell were sitting. Snape was starting to look anxious as he keeps muttering non-stop. Harry was hanging off of his bucking broomstick, trying desperately to hold on! He had to save him! Hermione finally arrives at the stand where Snape and Quirrell were sitting. She climbs the stairs and hides under Quirrell's seat. She pulls her wand out and points it at his robes as she whispers, "Lacarnum Inflamari!" Flames shoot out of her wand and lands on his robes at his feet. She moves away and ducks. She hears a shout and watches as Quirrell stomps out the flames, taking his eyes off of Harry in the process. That gave Snape enough time to stop Harry's broom from trying to buck him off. Snape relaxes as he saw Harry's broomstick go still. Harry climbs back onto his broomstick and resumes looking for the snitch. Only to see the Slytherin seeker chasing after it. Harry catches up to the seeker as they both chase after the snitch. The Slytherin seeker keeps trying to elbow Harry to keep him from getting the snitch, but Harry stays on top of him. They watch as the snitch makes a sharp turn going down towards the ground. Harry and the Sytherin seeker follows close behind. The snitch makes another sharp turn and was now flying parallel to the ground at top speed. The Slytherin seeker couldn't make that sharp a turn, but Harry can. The Slytherin seeker pulls up, away from the ground. Harry makes a sharp turn and follows the snitch as the crowd gasps. Harry stands on his broomstick and stretches his hand out as his broomstick gets closer and closer to the snitch. Harry inches closer to the snitch, he was so close now. Suddenly, Harry loses his balance and falls off his broom face forward. Harry flips and lands on the ground. His broomstick lands a few feet away. The crowd gasps as Harry gets up and starts to cough as if choking. Hagrid said, "Looks like he's going to be sick." Harry coughs one last time and out pops.... the golden snitch! Harry caught the snitch! Harry catches it and holds it. The crowd roars as Lee Jordan said, "He's caught the snitch! Harry Snape receives 150 points for catching the snitch!" Madam Hooch blows her whistle and said, "Gryffindor wins!" The crowd explodes as they cheer and clap for the Gryffindor quidditch team. Harry waves the snitch in the air, grinning as the crowd chants, "Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 2.8K 19
Hermione granger has it all, or does she? Her boyfriend cheats, her friends forgot her so what does she do. She does what any sensible witch would ha...
386K 11.6K 75
{COMPLETE} Harry Potter was the poster boy for hope, bravery and obviously his parents, but what about those who weren't so lucky? Meet Rosie Deaver...
74.1K 1K 44
Valencia Snape is introduced to Hogwarts in her fourth year with a certain purpose before her. She finds herself making some very hard, life-threaten...
1M 35.7K 49
"Good luck, Rosalie Dorea Potter." The Dursleys played a huge role in shaping Harry's character. But what if Harry never existed? Instead, on the 31s...