the self confidence guide 202...

By brownskingal01

"...and one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire, and that not even she could... More

welcome
insecurities
10 things you gotta quit, sorry not sorry
people pleaser
being afraid to be different
comparing urself to others
"glow up"
"beauty standards"
How to STOP comparing YOURSELF to OTHERS
"Instagram Models vs you"
Tips for Improving self- ESTEEM
living in the past
the KEY of getting OVER YOUR PAST by @lovebrwn
stop allowing DISRESPECT! STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!✨
what is: CONFIDENCE 👠 (a must read)
how to be: CONFIDENT 🌿
body confidence 💎
"self love"
self confidence tips (a quarantine to-do)❄
gentle reminders✨ by @lovebrwn
accept your flaws
author's note!

how to work on your insecurities

5K 207 38
By brownskingal01

To work on something (insecurities):

To spend time improving something

I have seen videos and pages talking about how to work on your insecurities, some say that you should say positive things about yourself or you should write things that you like about you and read them everyday.

But something that works for me is saying postive things and looking at myself in the mirror and saying for example: I AM BEAUTIFUL, I AM STRONG,... I dont write them because I'm lazy but I want to share how to work on them, you should find something that WORKS FOR YOU, because there are some technics that can work for someone and not you.

When I am working on my insecurities I like starting with my naked self and accepting how I am and how to progress from there.

Okey so steps:

You need to forgive your past:

If your insecurity was due to a stupid classmate calling you names or insulting your appearance, or by a relative. You need to forgive them. I know forgiving is one of the hardest steps, but you need to let it go. You can't live your whole life thinking about it, it will affect you. Sometimes you need to see the other side, they were also insecure and they needed to feel better about themselves by picking on you. Nobody is perfect. Forgive them for their bad behaviour, you can't live your life feeling that burden, let it go💫

Accept yourself as you are:

Find the parts of your body that you like and dislike about yourself. It can be for example having a gap teeth. Take a look at your body and focus on sending it love as well. Those imperfect parts that you consider about yourself deserve love, I know it will take time. Embrace them, for me those are what I consider unique about that person. Imagine everyone being a robot with the same body parts, hair...Imperfection is beauty.

Practice self approval:

If you see yourself wanting to be someone else, wanting approval by other people...STOP

"You can take away the power of others to approve you if you appropriate that power for yourself. You don't need anyone else's approval but your own."

That doesn't mean that you can take someones compliment but learn to compliment youself.
Accept whole yourself, love yourself.

Try not to have a negative self image:

Example: "I will never be good enough" " I don't deserve good things" When people critize you over the years, you start to critize yourself. You start to believe that is who you are. You can be beautiful, intelligent, smart, brilliant but if you have low self esteem and a constant negative talk, you will act according to that. The way you carry yourself, people can detect that.

Try not compare yourself :

This is one of the hardest especially when we live in a world where social media has taken power over our lives. "These images are meant to sell us, but the way they sell us is by making us feel insecure about ourselves, and then needing whatever it is that the celebrities are selling us in order for us to be as good as them."

Comparing your looks, social status, money, what they are doing, how much fun their doing, what they spend their money on, they having a balenciaga bag and you no. Comparing yourself can harm you. A christmas tree has different colors but that doesn't mean that the blue one is way more beautiful than the red one, everyone has their own beauty. Just because you consider that an Instagram girl is more beautiful than you, that doesn't mean that you yourself don't have your own beauty.

Have you ever thought about...?

"Be happy that they're having fun, be joyful for their successes. They're on a completely different path from you, and they can be happy and have a great time and you can too, on your own path. Wish everyone well, but see their awesomeness as different from yours."

Develop trust in the process:

Develop trust in yourself, that you will be OK. "This develops over time, by making small predictions about the moment ("This moment will turn out OK") and then seeing if the prediction comes true."

This is the path. You find the things you're struggling with, and learn to work with them. Learn to shift your perspective. Learn to see what's tripping you up, and turn it into an opportunity to practice new skills.

This is a good path. It wil help you to be more accepting of youself, and trust yourself more. And in turn, it will aslo help you to love yourself and others more, one moment at a time.

Don't forget to vote & comment💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184 10 29
One girl. One life. One dream. Follow Alex on her amazing journey that is life. She lives in a bubble, scared of society's expectations. But this bu...
62 1 9
this is the full story of a young child to grown up years of what her life was like its based on my life any names have either been left out for pers...
625 41 10
In the world, where we come to feel safe and experiences things collectively supporting others, we loose our soul mission and are invested in the wor...
163 0 12
Some people are born great, some people become great but she is the greatness herself.