Trapped in the Shadows

By kylorenphan24601

The sequel to Hiding in the Shadows. Now that (Y/N) Stark has revealed her identity to the world, she must de... More

Chapter 1 - Newfound Fame
Chapter 2 - Sparring (Also A Near Death Experience)
Chapter 3 - Tony Stark's Daughter
Chapter 4 - Cheating
Chapter 5 - When Your Dad Almost Attacks the Principal
Chapter 6 - (Y/N) Stark, The Detective
Chapter 7 - The Party
Chapter 8 - The Public Sucks
Chapter 9 - When Your School Gets Blown Up
Chapter 10 - My Fault
Chapter 11 - Breaking Stark
Chapter 12 - Showing Off
Chapter 13 - Digging
Chapter 14 - Confessing Embarrassment
Chapter 15 - Graduation
Chapter 16 - Love Triangles
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 19 - Useless
Chapter 20 - Failing
Chapter 21 - The Fall
Chapter 22 - Moving On
Chapter 23 - Seeing Ghosts
Chapter 24 - First Mission
Chapter 25 - Confession
Chapter 26 - Best Chance
Chapter 27 - Crayons, Seriously?
Chapter 28 - Describe Our First Date
Chapter 29 - Memories
Chapter 30 - My Choice
Chapter 31 - Freedom
Chapter 32 - Trying to Return to Normal
Chapter 33 - Hydra Raid
Chapter 34 - I'm Not Leaving Your Side
Chapter 35 - To Mimic Death
Chapter 36 - What Are You Doing Up?
Chapter 37 - I'll Tell Him
Chapter 38 - Panic
Chapter 39 - A Monster
Chapter 40 - Compliance
Chapter 41 - Pain
Chapter 42 - Destroyed Hydra Once and For All
Chapter 43 - Revivification
Chapter 44 - Wakanda
Chapter 45 - Hammer
Chapter 46 - I'm Your Mother
Chapter 47 - Veronica Griffen
Chapter 48 - Date Night
Chapter 49 - Agents of Hydra
Chapter 50 - Hydra Four
Chapter 51 - Veronica's Visit
Chapter 52 - Nightshade
Chapter 53 - The Real Hero
Epilogue

Chapter 18 - Lunch Date Gone Wrong

1.9K 59 77
By kylorenphan24601

One Month Later:

"Hey, (Y/N), I was wondering if you would like to have lunch in my office today?" Pepper asked as she poked her head out of her office to speak to me.

My face fell as I found myself caught between my mother and boyfriend, "oh, I would love to, except Peter's already asked to take me out. I can text him and see if he would like to reschedule?"

"Oh no, don't bother. I just wanted to talk to you about something. If you want to step inside, I can tell you now," Pepper offered, making me wonder if I had done something wrong. I had been her assistant for about two months now and had made quite a few slip ups at the beginning, but recently I felt that I had become rather good at my job, despite how hectic it was.

Nervously, I entered her office and found my father waiting with her. I looked at them in confusion, "dad, what are you doing here? Is there something wrong?"

"What Tony Stark isn't allowed to drop by Stark Industries?" He asked innocently, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well you don't exactly run the company anymore."

"Don't worry, I have my security badge, Happy isn't going to come after me. Anyway, I'm here because there's something that we want to tell you," he replied, wrapping his arm around Pepper's waist.

"Ok," I spoke slowly, still uncertain.

Tony looked to Pepper to tell me, beaming at her, "(Y/N), you're going to be-"

"Ms. Potts, Mr. Porter is awaiting you in the conference room," we were interrupted by a voice calling over Pepper's intercom.

I froze, realizing that I had not informed Pepper of this appointment, "oh my god, Pepper, I am so sorry. The meeting was arranged last minute yesterday and I completely forgot to tell you. I compiled everything that you need for the meeting, let me just go get it."

"(Y/N), it's alright. These things happen all of the time. Thank you for arranging everything, we can finish this discussion after the meeting," Pepper assured me, following me out of her office so that I could give her her materials. "Have fun on your date with Peter!"

I went back into Pepper's office after she left to see if I could get my dad to say anything. He was sitting in Pepper's chair with his feet resting on her desk when I returned, clearly it had not taken long for him to get comfortable. I stood next to him and asked, "so why are you here, dad?"

"Sorry, I promised Pep that she could tell you. Now what is this I hear about a date with Peter? I didn't authorize this."

"We're just going to have lunch together, dad. He's probably picking some sandwiches up from Delmar's, he'll swing by in a minute."

"Delmar's, huh?"

"Best sandwiches in Queens," I replied absentmindedly, quoting what my boyfriend had said to me. And I had to admit they were quite delicious.

"Wow, so you're really just going to betray Sub Haven like that?"

I shrugged, "I kinda have to, otherwise Peter would actually kill me."

"If he even considers laying a hand on you, I will kill the kid myself," Tony replied, his voice turning serious.

"He-hey, Mr. Stark, I-I wasn't expecting you to be here," Peter stuttered as he walked in at the worst possible moment.

"Kid, I wasn't aware that you steal her away for lunch everyday."

I rolled my eyes, "it's not everyday, dad. Now, if you would excuse us, we have a date. I'll be back soon so you and Pepper can finally tell me whatever it is that you came here for."

With that, I slipped my hand into Peter's and led him out of the office. We ate lunch on the roof of the industries building as was normal, relishing in every minute that we had together. The day that Peter had to move in was looming closer and we wanted to spend as much time together as possible before then.

"I'm gonna miss you, you know," I spoke as we ate our lunch.

He looked up at me, confused, "what do you mean?"

"When you go off to college. Part of me wishes that I had decided to go as well or perhaps didn't accept the job at Stark Industries so that I could live in Massachusetts with you."

"Yeah, it'll be strange not patrolling with you everyday. But you can visit whenever you would like," he replied, taking my hand in his.

I smirked at him, "I know, I'll be sure to pop by your dorm room randomly to make sure there are no other women in there."

"I'm offended that you would even joke that I would not remain faithful to you," he responded as I pulled him closer to me, giving him a kiss.

We broke apart when we heard the sound of gunfire from down the street, both leaping to our feet to see what was wrong. I turned to Peter, "do you have your suit with you?"

"Yeah, I've been keeping the Iron Spider suit on me since the attack on the school," he replied, activated the suit as I did the same with mine.

"I'll meet you down there," I gave him a smirk and teleported down to the jewelry store that was being robbed at the moment. I immediately began to disarm the robbers and tie them up as I spoke, "I must ask, what made you think that robbing a place in broad daylight would be a good idea? Do crooks know anything anymore?"

I was thrown back by a sudden burst of energy, radiating from a large cannon type thing. The store was spinning around me, but I tried to shake it off as I got up and focused my energy on their weapon, which seemed oddly high tech for a mere jewelry store robbery. I was successfully able to destroy the weapon at the expense of allowing the remaining robbers to re-arm themselves.

I lifted my hands, my black magic swirling around my fingertips, ready to take them out when I heard a voice from outside the store, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

My head whipped around to the source of the noise, finding a bunch of people dressed in full out combat suits, an ugly shade of green, with their weapons pointed towards me. However, there were a few whose weapons were not trained on me, but instead Peter, who was being held tightly by one of the men. Panicking, I tried to figure out how to best get us out of this mess without resulting in Peter's death. God I wished that my suit had those tiny missiles that my dad had in his suit that could target specific people and only kill them. I would be able to do that with my bracelet, but in order to do that, I would need to speak to (A/I) as well as aiming my wrist towards them, which would in turn give them plenty of time to kill Peter.

"There is no way out of this, Shadow," the man who had addressed me earlier spoke again, this time stepping forward to speak to me. He was older, looking more like he should have been handling politics as opposed to being in the midst of a fight. "These weapons, they're not your typical gun, now that we know that bullets don't penetrate your suit. Unless you can say with certainty that your suit as well as Spider-Man's can handle alien technology, I would surrender now."

"Who are you?" I demanded, still hoping to find a way that I could take down all of their guys while still protecting Peter.

"You will find out soon enough," the man replied as I felt something jab into my neck.

Peter cried out my name as the world spun around me. I desperately tried to remain conscious, but I felt myself slip into darkness, succumbing to whatever drug they had administered.

When I finally came to, the first thing I became aware of was a raging headache originating from the back of my skull. I managed to pry my eyes open, blinking a few times to try to adjust to the blinding light and focus on where I was.

"Ah, I see you have awoken," an unfamiliar voice spoke as I tried to get up, finding my body strapped down to some sort of table. They had also furnished me with magic-restraining binds around my wrists so that I could not use my powers to escape.

"Where am I?" I growled, my voice hoarse and weak.

"That is not the question that needs to be answered. The real question is are you ready to comply?"

-

(A/N): Here we go, now the action's picking up again! I was so used to the style in which I wrote for the Loki fanfic that I had to go through and try to make their speech a little less formal and probably missed things, RIP. But I hope you enjoyed it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 2.4K 29
{FINISHED} This story is about Y/N as the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Your powers are the same like Wandas and Steves. Your life isn't easy bu...
3.4K 114 48
When a teenager girl gets transported to different universes Her whole world changes. When Aria Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark gets involved in a...
130K 2.9K 15
Y/N Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark, and best friend of Peter Parker. What happens when she finds out that her best friend is Spiderman? Warning:...
391K 8K 16
Y/n Stark is 16 years old, she is the Daughter of Tony Stark. He kept her a secret from the public to keep her safe. After the attack on New York he...