Oppa : Kim Seokjin

By 2seokism

Oh Ju-eun has grown up sheltered, with distant parents and little freedom. Her babysitter, Kim Seokjin, is mo... More

Chapter One: A Nag
Chapter Two: The Bully
Chapter Three: Pool Party
Chapter Four: Car Door Guy
Chapter Five: Effect
Chapter Six: Awkward
Chapter Seven: Laundry
Chapter Eight: Worrisome
Chapter Nine: Slow
Chapter Ten: Confusion
Chapter Eleven: Revelation
Chapter Twelve: Eventful
Chapter Thirteen: Distractions
Chapter Fourteen: Don't
Chapter Fifteen: Normalising
Chapter Sixteen: Casual
Chapter Seventeen: Busan
Chapter Eighteen: The Date
Chapter Nineteen: Like a Drama
Chapter Twenty: Permission
Chapter Twenty-One: Intoxication
Chapter Twenty-Two: Protective
Chapter Twenty-Three: Volleyball
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Change of Pace
Chapter Twenty-five: Hungover
Chapter Twenty-Six: Surprise
Chapter Twenty-Seven: New Experiences
Chapter Twenty-Eight: An Airhead
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Assurance
Chapter Thirty: Catch up
Chapter Thirty-one: Nam River
Chapter Thirty-two: Discomfort
Chapter Thirty Three: Rhythmic
Chapter Thirty-Four: Unceremonious
Chapter Thirty-Five: Routine

Chapter Thirty-Six: Exhaustive

767 32 14
By 2seokism

Wild, one more chapter and this book'll overtake Gold

Also why do y'all other writers on this app love making Jungkook into some uber alpha dom possessive borderline rapist? Please. Have you even seen kook he's the sweetest babie to ever have babied he'd def not be a huge asshole to the person he likes why are y'all so into this gross shit kook baby i'm so sorry

***

It's a little hard for Seokjin to keep his nerve, as he pulls up outside of the Oh's house in his car. Namjoon's gaze flicks nervously between the large building and the tense brunette. Seokjin clenches his fists round the steering wheel, once, then lets go to cut the engine, and sighs.

"Let's get this over with." He says. Namjoon frowns.

"Deep breath first, hyung." He jokes, trying to break the tension. "They seem like the type to press charges if you break anything."

Seokjin isn't playing along, though, rolling his shoulders exhaustedly and giving a soft groan. He'd taken a few days off work because it seemed like his girlfriend needed him- he was overdue some time off, anyway- but seeing her like this was hard. She was trying her best to hide it, but sadness perforated every action she made, every smile, every conversation. He couldn't blame her. She'd been abandoned.

His gaze slides back to the house. He could blame them, however. How could they drop their own daughter? Just for dating someone they didn't approve of?

Seokjin runs a hand back through his hair and finally removing the keys from the ignition. "I don't want to hear that from you."

There's a subtle swell of anger in his gut as he knocks on the door, but at the same time he's a little nervous. He's not sure what to expect from the two people that had once been his employers. Would they cuss him out? Blame him for corrupting their daughter?

The actual response, was perhaps, worse.

"Seokjin." Ms Oh showed little expression, merely casting a glance over him and then Namjoon, "What brings you to my door?"

"Ju-eun's documentation." He says, shortly. He didn't know what he was expecting, but it wasn't this. Did she even care? She looked so... so normal. Like she hadn't even noticed that her only child was gone. "She needs her passport, birth certificate, et cetera..."

It's hard to keep his tone polite. Her gaze meets his again for a second, and then she turns, returning to the coffee in her hand, using the other to gesture for him to follow. "You might as well take some things from her room, too. They'll only get thrown out."

Jin sucks in a sharp breath to let out his rage, but is stopped by a hand on his arm. He looks back at Namjoon with his jaw strained and eyes wide. Namjoon shakes his head. Ms Oh is already halfway down the hall, out of earshot. "If you lose she might throw us out. Hold on a little longer."

He's right. Seokjin draws in a breath, and exhales, moving to follow Ms Oh into the familiar house. She stops, placing her coffee mug down on the counter. "It's all in a folder on the bed."

Namjoon mumbles an awkward word of thanks as he follows Jin up the stairs. The elder can't speak, his jaw tight. He'd never taken Ju-eun's mother for the doting type, sure, but this... was too much.

Seokjin finds the folder atop her mattress and rifles through it, checking the contents. Then he glances around the room that had been hers, seeing her things left tidy, no real trace of her present. She hadn't been here in months, after all, not since the holidays, with how things were with university. It's hard to be businesslike, decisive, instead of nostalgic, but his head is filling with memories. Telling her off for talking to Yun-ji on the phone rather than doing her homework. Having a heart attack over how she would swing down from the roof through the window. The almost delirious way she'd first confessed her feelings to him, way back, while feverish, face pink and hair ruffled from sleep. Cuddling with her in that bed.

He sighs again, and looks to his friend, who's watching him with a frown. So many memories, and now they were tainted with sadness. "I guess we should just... take what's important. She has a couple backpacks we can put some clothes in, I-..." he trails off, pulling a breath in between his teeth. "I don't really know what she still wears of the stuff here..." at some point he'd have to take her to clear her stuff from the dorm in Busan. He wasn't sure where things stood with that. Or if she was in a state to be able to do so. She'd cried so much over the past couple of days and he didn't want to see it anymore. He'd never felt so useless in his life.

"Well, that'd probably be useful," Namjoon says finally, pointing at the laptop that rests on the desk against the wall. "I can try and grab some other stuff that looks important but honestly... I feel a little weird about digging through your girlfriend's stuff."

That finally drags a wry smile to Seokjin's face. "You're good. Just accompanying me was enough. Thanks." He starts over to the wardrobe, to where he knew she kept her spare backpack. He can see the one she'd used for coming back from Busan in the corner, stuff still in it. Probably some clothes and the letter that was so important to her. "I feel bad for making you do this on your day off."

Joon just shakes his head, slapping his friend on the back. "It's fine. It's a shitty situation."

By the end of it all, Seokjin has packed up a few extra clothes, the laptop, the minimal picture frames from the bedside table. Ju-eun didn't seem to have a lot of stuff here. He supposed that most things that were actually important had gone to the dorm with her. But, at least, she might feel a little better to have some worldly possessions again. He hoped the photographs might make her feel a little more settled in his apartment, pictures of her and her old volleyball team, or with Yun-ji, or the others from the old school. He glances over the one left, an old picture of her and her Father. The smile on the face of the man in the photo is not one that he can picture on the Mr Oh that he's met. He chews his lip a moment, and leaves it behind. "That should do."

Namjoon picks up one backpack. "She really... doesn't have a lot of stuff."

Shaking his head, Seokjin smiles. She never really had owned a lot of things. All she really cared about was volleyball. "Most of her clothes are in Busan."

"Ah." Seokjin doesn't care if it's rude to leave without saying anything, slinging the second bag over his shoulder and heading back down the stairs. Namjoon goes and says a quick farewell to the cold woman that's still in the kitchen, while Jin goes to the car. As he passes the stairs, he hears a creak, and looks up to see a man walking into the bedroom they'd just left. Namjoon frowns, but says nothing, following his hyung to the car.

Between the two of them they decide that they should probably go get the few groceries they were short of, while they were out. Seokjin didn't want to leave Ju-eun alone for longer than necessary... but he also could tell she needed it. She was straining, forcing herself to be energetic and happy for his sake. That... and there were some things that he was sure she would need, that his and Namjoon's flat was definitely lacking. Since, well. They're men. He wasn't going to make her ask him to buy them for her, so he made up his mind to just buy whatever now, even though he didn't really know what was what.

Namjoon shows his awkwardness about buying pads a lot more obviously than Seokjin does. He fidgets, looking around, mumbling about looking like a creep. Seokjin rolls his eyes. "You shuffling around and looking so uncomfortable makes us seem more suspicious." His awkwardness is infectious, and Seokjin can feel his ears becoming red, stood in front of the display. He sighs in exasperation. "Fine! Go get the other stuff and I'll meet you at the checkout."

Namjoon doesn't need to hear anymore than that, escaping quickly with the basket. Jin rolls his eyes and turns back to the display, frowning. What was her preference? Tampons, pads, a.... cup..? He squints at the pink plastic, his eyes going wide as a thought occurred to him. Was that huge thing.... supposed to go... inside..?

He shakes his head and cringes away. She definitely wouldn't want that. The mere thought of it is enough to terrify him. Turning back to the other, slightly less horrifying products, his brain hurting at all the different options. How did women survive periods if they were this complicated? He doesn't even know what half of this stuff means. Flow? Size? Maxi? Jesus christ.

In the end he just picks something random, one pack of pads and on box of tampons, and decides he would be more than happy to just give Ju-eun his credit card and send her off if it meant he'd never have to do this again. Hopefully these would be fine.

He finds Namjoon in the store and tosses the products into the basket, then clears his throat. "Do women need anything else that men don't have?"

Namjoon shrugs, "How should I know? Even growing up my house was all men."

"Ah, right..." sometimes Jin forgets that his flatmate was raised by two guys. "Shit, I have no clue..."

"Bras?" Jin snorts,

"You really think that we, two adult men, should buy a bra?" Jin says flatly, and Joon colours a bit,

"That's not-" Seokjin hoots with laughter as Namjoon punches him, "I was just saying things that only women use! Hyung!"

There's a brief pause as they both think, but neither come up with anything. After a long moment, Seokjin suggests, "Maybe we should look at the pharmacy section?" He sighs, "We need a woman helper..."

"Well, you could just ask the person we're buying this for." Namjoon grumbles, annoyed, but the brunette shakes his head,

"She'll feel bad about me spending money on her. I don't want her to argue." They end up picking up some vitamins that say "women's daily health" and after much debate, a few magazines that say women in the title. Seokjin hoped that this would be enough, along with the new scented shampoo and conditioner. He was nearly out of bathroom products anyway.

"I don't get why people like this stuff so much." Namjoon mumbles, looking at the array of different scents and types of shower creams and hair products. "As long as it cleans it's fine."

"Chaos." Seokjin mutters, tossing the bottle in the basket, "This is why your hair is like straw. Well, that, and the dye."

Namjoon scowls at him, but says nothing, instead thrusting the basket toward him in indignation. Seokjin laughs and runs away, so that the younger has no choice but to carry it.

There's silence in the car on the way home, and Seokjin's deep in thought, wondering what he should say about the trip should his girlfriend ask. She's sat on the couch when they enter, hunched over her phone with her legs pulled to her chest, though she looks up at the sound of the door. "You're back."

She's been crying again. Seokjin smiles, dropping the bags he holds on the kitchen counter. "Yeah. We did some shopping while we were out."

"Yeah? Anything good?" She seems a little perkier, though. He thinks that being alone for a little while really had been what she needed. She stands and comes over to see, stepping into his open arms. He rests his cheek on her head, suddenly exhausted.

"No. Just boring stuff." He feels better with her in his arms, after how draining the altercation with her Mother had been. Even if she's wriggling and complaining that he's crushing her. "We got your stuff, though. And some clothes and your laptop."

"Really?" She sounds happy, though her voice is muffled by his grasp. Namjoon sighs at them, but weaves around them to put the food stuff away. Ju-eun hits at Seokjin, complaining, "We're in the way, let goooo."

The brunette sighs, but does as she asks. She turns to the shopping bags to try help, but stops, drawing out a box of tampons and looking at him with raised eyebrows. "Uh. What?"

He shrugs, trying to seem blasé. "Well. I wasn't sure... uh. What you use..." he clears his throat. "But... y'know. Figured you'd probably need it at some point and... we don't exactly have that stuff here."

She pulls her lips between her teeth, seeming a little embarrassed, but eventually smiles. "Thank you... both of you. That must have been... awkward."

"It was." Namjoon cuts in before Seokjin can deny it, "Some of that shit looks plain scary, I don't know how you guys do it."

Ju-eun just giggles, and returns to the bag, "Why is there a Women's Health magazine in here? And menopause supplements?"

"Uhh..." Namjoon and Seokjin eye each other as she laughs, "We weren't sure... what stuff women need..?"

"Menopause pills though?" She can't seem to stop laughing. "How old do you think I am?"

"Okay, okay, you can stop teasing us now." Seokjin frowns, pulling her back against him again and swinging her from side to side as she giggles. "We did our best."

She sighs, and kisses his arm. "I know. Thanks."

***

I hate this chapter but here it is anyway

Also I posted a teaser for a Jimin fic I'm working on atm so go check that out bois

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 35.7K 68
The hedonistic billionaire playboy Kim Taehyung has always followed his own path. What matters to him most is whatever brings him the greatest pleasu...
33K 2.4K 18
Kim Seokjin and Kim Taehyung have grown up together along with other friends. A bond has been felt between them for years and they know deep down, th...
36.9K 2.2K 10
Kim Seokjin x reader | Enemy to Lovers!au, smut, fluff, rom-com | 18,5k words Summary | You hate to admit it, but making bad decisions and being reck...
94.7K 3.2K 53
She's not upset for not reaching her climax. She's crying because she knew she wasn't suppose to be treated that way. She doesn't deserve to be treat...