The Girl He Never Noticed

By sweetdreamer33

Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ... More

TGHNN TV/Digital Series + AMA
The Girl He Never Noticed
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Epilogue
Book II - Chapter 1
Book II - Chapter 2
Book II - Chapter 3
Book II - Chapter 4
Book II - Chapter 5
Book II - Chapter 6
Book II - Chapter 7
Book II - Chapter 8
Book II - Chapter 9
Book II - Chapter 10
Book II - Chapter 11
Book II - Chapter 12
Book II - Chapter 13
Book II - Chapter 14
Book II - Chapter 15
Book II - Chapter 16
Book II - Chapter 17
Book II - Chapter 18
Book II - Chapter 19
Book II - Chapter 20
Book II - Chapter 21
Book II - Chapter 22
Book II - Chapter 23
Book II - Chapter 24
Book II - Chapter 25
Book II - Chapter 26
Book II - Chapter 27
Book II - Chapter 28
Book II - Chapter 29
Book II - Chapter 30
Epilogue
Official Playlist
Exclusively Mine
The Boy I Admire From Afar
The Fall Of A Drama Queen
Sweet Bastard
Catch Me
217 Million Reads

Chapter Three

4.6M 131K 64.7K
By sweetdreamer33

 Chapter Three

Jade's POV

"Wait! Please wait!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and ran towards the bus stop. But the bus driver didn't hear me, and closed the door.

"No!" Panting, trembling, breathless, I groaned with disappointment. The bus left, when I was just a few steps away from the bus stop. Now, I had to wait for another ten to fifteen minutes for the next bus. I would be late for work, which never ever happened before. I felt so tired last night that I overslept. I was so stupid, I forgot to set the alarm clock.

I dug out my phone in my bag to text Mrs. Chang that I would be late. I was scrolling my phone's contacts when I came across Joseph's number. I stored his number last night, despite having no intention of calling him.

Joseph Nevin was our neighbor in New Jersey. Blond, cute with dimples, tall and lean. He looked like the young Brad Pitt. Aside from his good looks, he was also smart, very humble, God-fearing and very compassionate.

For me, he was the kindest man I'd ever met. All the qualities that I wanted in a guy, he had it all. He was Perfect. My Prince Charming, Knight in Shining Armor, Dream Boy and my Mr. Right.

I grew up having him as my best friend, my adviser, my protector and...my boyfriend. Well, he didn't know that, but in my mind, he was. We even got married in my dreams and lived happily-ever-after, in a castle, surrounded with infinite love, peace, and happiness.

Yeah, I was crazy, so crazy in love. I loved him for years and I was determined to have him as my boyfriend, and eventually, my future husband. I wanted him to be my first in everything: first kiss, first love, first boyfriend, and my first sexual encounter.

But Joseph thought of me as his little sister, who used to tag along behind him, wherever he went. He was an only child and having me with him always, made him feel like an older brother. That's what he said all the time, maybe because of our five year age gap. But I wished we wouldn't remain in sibling zone, forever.

The last time we saw each other was not worth reminiscing about. It was very humiliating, on my part. It happened two years ago, I was eighteen and had just graduated high school. Dad's health condition was getting worse at that time and his body didn't respond to the medical treatment anymore. We lost everything, our car, savings, including our house. We were just fortunate that the new house owner allowed us to stay for two weeks to find a new place to settle down. I was so miserable, but I was trying to be strong, for my family, especially for Dad. I wanted him to fight for his life and not to lose hope.

Joseph was there to comfort me. He taught me how to be strong, to be brave and trust everything to God. Since he was a nurse, he explained to me the nature of Dad's disease, the symptoms, the disease process, medical procedure performed, the medications, and everything that I didn't understand.

We were sitting on the couch, talking, mostly about Dad. His arms were around me and his fingers ran through the silkiness of my ginger hair. He loved my hair and never failed to touch it every time we were together. That's why 'Ginger' had always been his pet name for me.

I settled in his warm embrace and rested my head on his chest. It felt like coming home, every time I was in his arms. I listened to his heart, it pounded evenly, in a normal rhythm, like music. But mine was hammering wildly. I smelled his manly scent, hmm, so divine. Then, I touched his strong arms and feasted my eyes on his attractive face. Everything about him enthralled me and drugged my senses. The tingling in the pit of my stomach wouldn't stop whenever I was with him.

I held his eyes, studying his expressions. I was looking for some clues and signs on what he really felt for me. If he developed a special interest in me, he had no intention of showing it.

He noticed me, staring at him. He pulled his eyebrows together in a crease and held my eyes. I smiled at him, then his face lit up. He gave me his usual tender smile that melted my heart and turned my limbs to jellies.

"That's my girl. Smile. Don't worry, everything will turn out right. God wouldn't give us problems that we couldn't handle." He caressed my arm, up and down, made me shiver with excitement.

I shifted my position and loomed over him. I held his face with my hands, feeling the roughness of his stubbles.

"I thank God, he gave me you. I couldn't possibly live without you now, Joseph."  I slowly bent down my head and kissed his lips.

Joseph was caught off guard. With an almost angry gesture, he gently pushed me away. "Ginger, what do you think you're doing? You're too young for that."

I looked down, feeling so embarrassed. "Why? You don't like it?"

His expression suddenly changed and varied conflicting emotions played on his face. "There's plenty of time for that. Don't be in a hurry to grow up."

I felt rejected. Why was he doing this to us? I knew he loved me. I saw it in his eyes every time he looked at me. Why was he so evasive? Why couldn't he declare his true feelings for me? Why was he holding back?

"What are you talking about? I'm a grown-up woman, I'm eighteen. Look at me, I'm not a little girl anymore!" I stood up straight, and faced him squarely, making sure that he wouldn't miss my big boobs. I was wearing a tight pink shirt and blue skinny jeans.

"Oh, and you think you're old enough? I just bought a Barbie Doll for your last birthday, remember? A miniature of you."

I heaved a sigh. "That's the problem with you, you refuse to see that I'm not a little girl anymore." Tears started pooling in my eyes. I was really humiliated. I hated him for always pretending that I was still a child.

He stood up and took my hands. "Shh... don't cry, my love. Yup, I noticed, you are actually growing up, because you're now learning how to flirt with me." He teased.

"I hate you, Joseph." I pushed him away, but his hands wouldn't let me go.

"You're very beautiful, Ginger. A lot of men envy me, whenever we're together. Someday, you will find your true love. Someone who will take care of you, and will always be there for you."

"I don't want anyone, I want only you. Do you understand me? I love you, you, you, you." I poked my forefinger on his chest. Tears were running on my cheeks now. I didn't care anymore if I declared my true feelings for him.

"Ginger, listen to me. I'm going away... this weekend."

"What?" What did he say? I was trying to figure out what he just said.

"I decided to join the medical mission to South Africa."

"What?" I felt suddenly cold like I just had an ice bucket challenge. He's going away?

"You know, how much I wanted this. This is my aim in life, to help and alleviate the suffering of sick people, especially the needy. Helping the less fortunate brings joy to my heart. I want to be there for them."

"For how long? A month?"

He shook his head. "Perhaps, years."

My world suddenly collapsed. I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. He was leaving for South Africa this weekend? I know how compassionate Joseph was with people, that's why I was drawn to him, completely. He studied nursing because of his passion to take care of the sick and the needy. He enjoyed being with people, talking, calming and soothing them to ease their pain and distress. But going to South Africa, why?

Since that day, we hadn't seen each other. Dad was fighting for his life, and I never left his side. Joseph was very busy processing his papers for his trip. But he never failed to leave me a letter, saying goodbye.

Eros' POV

I parked my car, outside the coffee shop. I never bothered having coffee in my apartment, since I was anticipating the cup of espresso here in the coffee shop. It was very delicious, simply the best that I've ever had.

Donovan and I ordered the same coffee that we had yesterday. But when I tasted my espresso, I was so disappointed. It didn't even have the heart artwork design.

"This one didn't taste as good as we had yesterday." I took another sip, then pushed it away.

"Really? My coffee tastes good. Just the same as yesterday."

"Mine didn't. I don't like it."

Donovan looked at the Barista. "Maybe because, somebody else prepared it yesterday."

I looked at the Barista and to Donovan. " Who?"

"You didn't notice? The girl, who did everything. She was alone, remember?"

"No. I don't remember."

"The girl with black hair, thick-rimmed eyeglasses, and wearing vintage clothes?"

"I still don't remember."

"Anyway, she was the one who made our coffee."

I nodded and called the waitress.

"I want another of these, and make sure that, that girl with thick-rimmed eyeglasses prepares it."

"Sorry Sir. But she hadn't arrived yet." The blond waitress shrugged her shoulders.

I nodded and dismissed the waitress immediately.

"Are you done? Let's go." I stood up, not waiting for Donovan to answer. He was still sipping his coffee. "I'll wait for you in the car."

I opened the door of the coffee shop and went outside. I was reading my email messages on my phone when I collided with someone.

"Oww!"

"Oops!" I immediately caught the middle-aged lady before she fell to the ground. I held her small waist tightly with one arm to steady her stance. She was so light, slender, and very delicate. "Are you okay?"

She was clinging to me. Both of her arms were around my neck. She was trembling with fright.

Her face was pressed on my chest. Then, she slowly looked up at me. I was so surprised that she was not a middle-aged woman at all. She was young, so young... eighteen, probably? Her face was well modeled and very feminine. And the wind whipped color into her cheeks. She parted her lips, gasping for air. It gave me the opportunity to stare at the moistness of her sweet curled lips. Then, I held her eyes for a while, behind its black-rimmed eyeglasses. She had beautiful sparkling green eyes, like emeralds. She looked so familiar. Her eyes reminded me of someone.

"Yes, I'm fine, I'm sorry, Sir... I'm okay."

"Are you sure? You look so fragile." I let go of her and she instantly stepped backward.

"Yes, actually, I'm stronger than you thought. Looks can be very deceiving sometimes."

I frowned at her. "That's hard to believe. You're so thin, I could easily break your bones with my two fingers. You even look malnourished."

She inhaled deeply and smiled sarcastically. "Thanks for the compliment, Sir.  I have to go, I'm already late for work." She spun and went towards the coffee shop door.

"You're welcome." I provoked her. She sounded so upset. "Are you sure, you're okay?

She went back, stomping her feet on the ground and stood in front of me. I was surprised when she jumped up and down, then made exaggerated lunges and stretching, then, springing her arms upwards and sideways, she said, "See? Nothing's broken. I'm fine, OKAY!"

I was amused by her actions, she was a funny girl. "Okay, I'm convinced. Be careful next time and watch your step."

She glared at me, her lips thinned with irritation. We stared at each other across a sudden ringing silence.

"Everything okay?" Donovan, who came out of the coffee shop, asked me.

"Yeah, come on, let's go." I strode to my car and left the girl staring at us.

"That was the woman who made our coffee yesterday," Donovan said, the moment we were in the car.

"Yeah, I figured that out." I drove the car smoothly.

"Too bad you haven't enjoyed your morning coffee, Sir."

"Yeah... too bad..." I groaned then, drove in silence. Thinking of glimmering emerald eyes. After five minutes of driving, I stopped the car and made a U-turn.

"Where are we going, Sir?" Donovan asked.

"I realized, I really need that coffee."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.4M 2.7M 83
Lisa and her boss, Alessandro, agree to spite their exes by pretending to date, but things begin to backfire when fake feelings become real along the...
902K 23.1K 42
After an unfortunate turn of events due to which Avery Marshall is forced to marry the ruthless and notorious billionaire Hayden Knight, she hopes w...
136K 3.8K 24
Mr. Carter has a new secretary, beautiful, mysterious and quiet. This new secretary happens to be both an efficient secretary and a woman with a broa...
378K 16.7K 54
Completed | They say karma can come back to bite you in the ass. As a retired Special Forces Sergeant, Nate Jenkins isn't thrown for a loop very ofte...