HER HOMETOWN PRINCE

By nerdyflirtykari

Sometimes all you need is a push. She needed to know what made him tick. What made him leave home for four ye... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
Epilogue

16.

2.3K 99 1
By nerdyflirtykari

Sebastien

"She's gorgeous honey. I saw the newspapers not too long ago. When are you bringing her over? Oh and I'm proud of you for opening up to the public. You chose wisely who took the news."

I chuckled softly hearing how excited my mother was about dinner last night. It wasn't planned but I've had enough of the backlash and the lies Veronica created. My goal is to move on and I was doing so.

"I will have to talk to Becca. She's starting a new job soon as a manager. Actually today. She's really excited about it." I replied watching my girl getting dressed. A message was left on her phone last night to come in today, she jumped right at the opportunity. Mr. Raymond knew of her resignation, sad to see her go but happy that she was taking initiative.

"That's great. At what establishment?" mother asked genuinely interested in Becca. "Sweetheart mother wants to know the name of the business," I shouted from the bed. I was present in her room waiting for her, wanting to do the honors of dropping her off at work. "Benedict's. A family restaurant." Becca returned.

"Benedict's. Mother don't you go bother her on her first day. Let her have today. If I can't visit her today, so can't you." I said firmly.

"Donovan. Your son is being possessive of Becca."

It was a major difference I've noticed listening to my parents' debate when they can make a surprise visit to my girlfriend. They were never close to Veronica, in the past, we had a few family dinners but were filled with silence or Veronica talking about what her parents recently bought her. They were polite but looking back now I realized they simply tolerated her because of me. They never said a word.

"Babe, did you eat?" Becca asked coming into the room. She was dressed in a stylish navy blue pencil dress ending at her knee with a layered crop jacket. Her hair bounced with every step, I loved seeing her hair in curls. Her blue eyes were bright with excitement as she smiled my way putting on the diamond studs I had delivered for her earlier from the store downstairs.

"Not as yet. I was waiting until you're finished." I answered still listening to my parents. "Okay let's go." she returned kissing my lips chastely. Like a puppy dog, I followed her out to the dining room where our breakfast was placed. "Is that her? Can I speak with her?" my mother shouted over the phone.

"Damn it, mother."

For a small woman, she had a very loud voice, I had to move the phone away from my ear and I still heard her asking the same question again. Becca's laugh and her floral perfume enveloped me as she came closer, I slightly turned my head to witness the amusement in her eyes. I handed her the phone then wrapped my arms around her waist. There was no awkwardness when she spoke to my mother, their laughs filled the room and I was happy. Really happy. All through breakfast they spoke about random things, making plans for the future and our first family dinner over the upcoming weekend. I couldn't stop smiling, the two most important women in my life were getting along. It was a great way to start the day.

Their conversation continued all the way to the car ending with them both exchanging numbers. "Your mother is so sweet," she commented resting her head on my shoulder. "That she is. I'm happy that you two have met. It means a lot to me." I said kissing her head. Somehow I felt her mood shift but not for the better, immediately I picked up why. She needed the quiet so I let it be. I was truly worried about her. Her family discarded her like a dirty wrapper, something like that can break even the strongest of people. I kept her hand in mine until we reached her new workplace. Eyeing it carefully, it looked familiar. It was grand but needed a few renovations. To me, it was once a popular spot back in its day but lost its way over the years. "Good luck. The car will return on your instructions." I quietly said.

"I'll bring home dinner," she said brushing her lips against mine. I couldn't resist. Her perfume was heady, her touch was like hot iron branding my skin. I needed her badly I was addicted to this woman. Putting pressure into the kiss I heard her moan, her hands around my neck pulling me close enough to have her breasts pressed against my chest. My hand cupped her butt giving it a gentle squeeze, she giggled against my lips and pushed my glasses up with her nose. "You're the greatest thing that ever happened to me," she whispered.

"Ditto."

With the bad press at a low, I welcomed the quiet to get some work done. Through it, all Annalisa kept me in the loop of locating Dante. I was a bit apprehensive about doing this upcoming interview with him but I had to. I had to bury the past, it's bad enough Veronica is still stuck in the moments of our past engagement but to me, it's worse confronting the guy, my best friend who betrayed me. I don't know what I will say to him, all I want is to build the future I want with my girl.

"At the moment he's still missing. His neighbors weren't informed of his departure but they did mention of two men coming by earlier."

"Why does it sound like you have more to say but prefer to keep me in the dark," I responded after her update on Dante. Her tone was extremely professional though it was only us in my office.

"There is more but..."

"Excuse me, sir. There's a Patrick Maison here to see you. He says it's urgent." Winona's voice interrupted her in which she released a thankful sigh.

"Send him in. Thank you." I replied eyeing Annalisa carefully. She was avoiding my eyes and was overly interested in the office floor. I was about to ask her what was wrong when my old college friend came waltzing in with a small smile. He looked nervous as hell as he walked up to my desk. "Maison. It's been a while. How is everything?" I asked plastering a fake smile on my face. I was somewhat fond of the guy and I did consider him a close friend at college.

"Been good. On Wall street now. Dad isn't quite impressed but who cares." he joked. Everyone knew how much of a dick his father was, the man wants all his kids to be a lawyer just like him. That includes all four boys of the Maison family.

"Good knowing you broke the mold." Leaning backward in my chair, I gestured for Annalisa to leave. She was skeptical to do so but did it anyway. "Protective," Patrick commented.

"Chosen by my mother so she definitely is."

There was a lull in our conversation, I kept my gaze on him while he shifted uneasily in his seat. "What is it, Maison? I know this isn't a courtesy call."

He took a deep breath then stood, pacing the floor while messing up his once perfectly neat hair. "Ronnie fucked Dante over."

That was unexpected. Why did he come all this way just to tell me something that I didn't give one fuck about? I just wanted them out of sight and forgotten. "Yeah, and she did the same to me. How is this information liable to me? I'm trying to get rid of her don't bring her fucked-up life to me. Wish I knew who she really was back then to avoid all this crap." I said in a dull tone.

"We..I.. tried but she... look, Seb, I'm truly sorry I didn't tell you about it. I saw how close you and Dante were and didn't want to ruin y'all friendship."

"It did anyway. His choice."

"He loved her Seb. Dante loved Ronnie and he wanted to be with her. He wanted to tell you but she told him not to. She was able to keep him under her thumb, her main goal was to marry you and keep Dante on a leash." he continued standing before the window. I said nothing, unsure of the words that will come out of my mouth. Though it was four years ago it still fucking hurt all over again. I was strong enough to hold back the hurtful tears. He was my best friend after all and I thought of her as my world, my fucking future. To hear all that she planned to do to me was a punch to the gut.

"There's more."

"Of course there is." I returned with a humorless laugh.

"The kid she claimed to be fathered by you? It's Dante's."

I laughed.

It was humorless but I laughed. If my calculations were correct she was pregnant already leading up to my twenty-second birthday, probably was a few weeks already. If I didn't find them in my van I would be calling my best friend's kid my own. I chuckled grabbing my phone at the same time, I wanted out of the office. My mind was reeling thinking of what may have happened if I never left class early. How can someone be so vile? For what? Money?

"One other thing..."

"For fuck's sake Patrick why don't you tell me she was fucking the whole row team also," I shouted.

He actually stopped and thought about it. At that moment I visibly paled was I that clueless back then? My main focus back then was getting my degrees and managing the hotels across the country for my father. Having Ronnie as my girlfriend was a plus to my already busy life, I gave her respect, loyalty, and love, made time for her and this is what I was repaid with.

"Th-That's water under the bridge now. What I really wanted to tell you is Dante left for San Diego. Ronnie wanted the kid to get at you."

I said nothing, my blank gaze on him was making him extremely uncomfortable. I can tell by the way he shifted his weight on his feet. Shaking my head I stormed out of my office, bumping into Annalisa, it was then I saw her expression. Pity. Worry.

"Sir.."

"Not now" was all I managed to say. Reaching over to Winona's desk to get the car keys, I ignored both of them telling me of calls I had to return, documents to sign, and a meeting that was in three hours. I glimpsed Patrick coming out of my office with a dejected look. His steps faltered probably seeing the look on my face. "Are you sure that is all you want to reveal to me? What did I miss?" I asked, trying to talk over the lump in my throat.

Many say men aren't affected by cheating girlfriends, they simply walk it off. I will correct that rumor, we don't. We simply hide our pain from the public and deal with it in private.

"No. I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I just wanted to give you some sort of warning to whatever she might have planned next. I know she's looking for the kid now, Dante made sure to hide their tracks." he said. Saying nothing to either of them I took my leave. I needed some air and fast. My head was pounding, processing it all was too much. More or less I was a fucking idiot, she played me, she played me real good. Now she's back at it again with these media mind games.

I was tired.

Emotionally and physically.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

547 112 11
"Betrayed by love"
107K 5.3K 35
Lance always the one to love a woman and leave her unable to fall in love because of a past that he doesn't speak of but when he begins to have unexp...
79.3K 2.8K 42
Helena Wren had it all. What more could one want besides a successful tycoon of a husband, brilliant children, luxurious country houses, and youth an...
2K 149 24
Valdis must navigate the world after her brothers death leaving her bonded to his four friends. She must fight dark forces, a corrupt Kingdom's way o...