Chosen: the rising prophecy *...

By SheridanBackus

Katelynn is enjoying her life as any other normal person would, but what about when she finds out she came fr... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven

Chapter sixteen

91 12 4
By SheridanBackus

Chapter sixteen:

Even after being so tired and not even thinking I would wake up, I don't have the strength to go back to sleep at all.

I sit up in bed, my legs feeling sore from all the riding yesterday that I wasn't used to. I raised my arms in the air stretching, as a yawn escaped my mouth. I caught a glimpse of the envelope on the little desk next to me and remembered that I needed to go talk to the Queen.

Looking in my wardrobe, I realized that there was no pants or shirts. I decided it was for the best if I wore a dress because I didn't need another thing for her to complain about. I picked a plain dark blue dress with long sleeves and a crested belt around it. I pulled out my braid that I had in and had a decent crimp to pull it off.

*************************************

I found some grey slip-on shoes and rushed out to greet the Queen. I passed a girl about my age and stopped to ask her what time it was.

"Right now, it is almost time for the first meal, ma' lady." she spoke softly and gave a quick curtsy.

"Thanks!" I rushed off and turned the corner so fast I ran into a person I really wanted to avoid for at least until after breakfast.

A/N: thank you guys so much for all the votes and comments! Each one puts a smile on my face.:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unseen secrets By Mykayla

Mystery / Thriller

843 30 24
Amber Johnson is planning on spending her summer being lazy. Though that suddenly changes when her parents go to Colorado to take care of her grandfa...
20 8 8
In this fantasy tale, a young girl, born into the human world embarks on a journey to discover her true identity, but not everyone is pleased with he...
1K 297 45
So, this is my first story and I have no idea how it's going to go. Hope you like it. Ivy is an introverted 15-year-old girl who has nearly no friend...
812 32 24
Alison is a small child who departed from this world at a young age. And in a very violent way. And she becomes one more angel in heaven. But now, sh...