Unmute

By hisalmslal

{The sequel to mute} Annie leblanc is nothing like how she used to be, not after he left her she changed, she... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Epilouge 1
Q&A ANSWERS

Epilouge 2

1.5K 40 32
By hisalmslal

++
Harpers pov
5 months from the wedding

My name is harper grace angel. Im ten years old. My life so far has been far from normal- finding out im adopted, to finding out my adoptive mother had died- yep not exactly the happiest of stories. But right now as i sat watching as my mom all giddy and joyus i forgot all about my past and smiled, she had my baby brother logan in her arms as she watched the tv intently her smile widening as they announced the name 'please welcome asher angel' she cheered at the tv a wide breathtaking smile on her lips.

My dad was a worldwide actor and had starred in multiple movies and was currently working on something new-something only i knew about. I rested my head on my hand watching between the screen and my mom, her eyes glinting with admiration over her husband. He laughed flashing his dimples a light stubble scattered his chin but he still looked young then he started to explain exactly what he has coming up "yeah so as some of you may know im happily married to my wonderful wife annie" moms face softened as she continued watching "but our story hasn't always been the way it is now. Things happen in life and we learn from them, we grow and our story together has been definitely difficult but in the end love conquered all and we now have two wonderful children for that I couldn't be happier. But I didn't want to hold back our story im proud of all we have overcome together and i want to share that with everyone" he told the interviewer then pulled a book from his side 'silence by asher angel' written in bold writing and a beautiful silhouette of a girl sat at beach near a rock it took me a moment before I realized it was my mom "i've been writing this book for about a year now and its about us, mine and annies story. I didn't want it to be a biography so the characters names are actually robin and ash but the plot is entirely based on a true story. Our story, it isn't complete but i want the whole world to be able to know what it has been so far. So on December 5 this book will be available to purchase worldwide and i cannot wait to share this with you all thank you and goodnight" the interviewer had thrown in a few questions every now and then while he had explained everything but that wasn't important. Logan cupped my moms cheeks tilting his head "mama? Sad" he said frowning she chuckled wiping away a few tears "no baby im happy, so happy" she told him in reply turning to look at me "did you know about this?" She asked softly i smiled and nodded "come here beautiful" she said taking me in her arms and we all hugged "i love you both so much" she mumbled planting a kiss on my hair.
++
When my mom told me i was adopted i was seven. I didn't exactly know how to react they had explained to me it briefly that mom wasn't able to look after me at such a young age but thats all i knew, thats all i still know.

I clasped the first official copy of the book in my hands, sitting in my dads office chair I wasn't supposed to come in here, it wasnt used often so i always snuck in anyway but when i done it today i was looking for something, answers i wanted to know it all.

I found the chapter titled 'gone' and began to read.
'I was gone back to az leaving her, the only constant i now knew with no goodbye. It was too much far too much I couldn't say goodbye if i said goodbye it would mean a end but this wasn't our end, no way'

I skimmed the pages looking for the answers i needed then i saw it.

'I have a child. My god i have a child. What am I supposed to feel, robin gave birth to my baby and she hadn't even told me. I was so confused angry, sad, happy my emotions ran high, so high I clenched my fists hitting the closest thing to me-a wall, my knuckles coming in contact with the brick the pain a buzz. I sunk down burying my head in my hands, one of which now dripping with blood and i let it all out. I knew what i had to do i needed answers'

I was engrossed in the story reading the words ever so carefully and although only being ten understand it all the pain, the emotion everything.

"And what are you doing lil birdie?" I shot my head up dropping the book from my grasp my dad stood in front of me hair messy, a plain black tee and grey sweats clung to him "n-nothing" I stuttered he tilted his head before walking over to me lifting me taking a seat and placing me on his lap "now now harp you know you can tell me anything" he said looking deep into my eyes I hesitated before speaking up "i want to know why, why mom would just throw me away like that" my voice cracked his eyes softened and he gently rubbed mu back "she didn't throw you away harp, things were too hard for her she was just sixteen and completely alone i had left her even though its the last thing i wanted to ever do" pain flashed his eyes as he looked down and I realized that he would never forgive himself "it wasn't her fault harper it was mine" he said meeting my eyes again "its like a bird with a broken wing and you helping it get back to normal mending it, fixing it but you let it fly too early and leave it. its wing not fully repaired, i did that to you're mom i fixed her but then i broke her all over again" tears fell down my cheeks which he wiped away a sad smile on his face "she told herself you wouldn't need her, she let herself believe she couldn't raise someone to be strong when she wasn't but what your mother never realized was she was strong she was so very strong just very very broken too" he explained i nodded. I really didn't understand how someone strong could be broken but I didn't need to understand it i just needed to know that it could happen

"harper you have to know that sad people can be strong too,you didn't always have to talk to be heard, the ones who put you down are just doing it because they're unhappy, the quietest people could be the loudest and someone broken could be fixed"
++
I rushed out of class after doing some extra work crashing into people and mumbling sorry "watch it idiot" one girl snapped at me as I accidentally bumped into her "sorry Cynthia!" I exclaimed rushing into the cafeteria and squealing when I noticed the line wasn't too long i slid in rearing closer to the muffins as they decreased in number i did the math in my head and if i was correct i would get the last one. I finally was first and as to my calculations one chocolate muffin sat on the side i went to reach for it only for someone to snatch it from my fingertips "hey!" I snapped i looked to who had the cupcake in hand and was scoffing it down slightly cowering away as i saw travis lee "what was that leblangel?" He said lowly crumbs flying out his mouth then chuckled barging past me "thats what I thought nerd" he mumbled walking away I regained my balance closing my eyes and thinking back to my dads words 'he's just unhappy' i told myself taking a deep breath, opening my eyes and scanning the room.

My eyes landed on a boy I hadn't seen before sat alone at a table so i took it as a chance to introduce myself. My bright bubbly personality radiating off of me as i walked-no skipped towards the boy a wide smile on my face, i slid into the seat opposite him observing the way his eyes only flicked up to mine for a second a ocean blue paradise in them. I looked to his lunch box it was plain a light grey shade, a sandwich clasped tightly in his hand peanut-butter oozing from the sides and a small bite taken from it, my smile had faulted but risen again as i realised i liked him, he was different .

Sitting up straight i stuck my hand out "im harper, harper angel" i announced with confidence his bowed head raised as he stayed silent his eyes speaking for him "what's your name?" I continued, he shrugged, his cheeks flushing "you dont know your name? My little brother does that sometimes but hes only young so its normal my mommy says, he do-" i rambled on like i always do, slapping a hand over my mouth "im sorry im rambling Lindsey told me to stop doing that if i wanted to still be her friend, me and lindsey used to be besties but then she met Cynthia and she started being really mean to me-OH CHICKEN NUGGETS im doing it again" I exclaimed hands flying in the air.

The boys lips had tugged into a smile as he held back laughing at me i noticed this and soon burst out laughing the boy joining "anyway what is your name?" I asked curiously after our laughter died down. The boy shuffled around taking out a pen and paper and scribbling down on it he slid it across to me 'alex' was wrote down in rough handwriting "alex huh? Nice i like it. Where are you from?" I asked he wrote down again sliding it across 'london:)' was sprawled across the paper "london? oh wow that's awesome do you like tea? I mean of course you do you're british ' i love tea' that was horrible wasn't it? Can you say something for me I really want to hear your accent?" I mimicked a british accent failing miserably my cheeks flushing red before i quickly recovered returning back to the questions he shook his head "why not? Can you not speak or something" i chuckled then looked at the boy who stared down at his hands twiddling his thumbs "oh" i sighed "you're mute" I frowned before smiling again "thats cool" i chirp once again remembering my dads words from yesterday

'and in your moms case someone mute could be unmute'
______________________
THE END!!

If any of you have any questions that were covered in these last two chapters feel free to comment and i'll be sure to answer them :)

I hope you enjoyed something a lil different from this chapter and overall i hope you enjoyed this whole series of mute, I will not be making another book based around mute and unmute however the support has been amazing so once again thank you <3

{unedited feel free to correct any of my mistakes!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 10.7K 32
โWhat are you?โž โI'm your boyfriend!โž ยฉ -kenziegler 2018 [โœ”๏ธ]
974 83 17
"you know what ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ด me the most? i thought it would always be you and me in the end." - in which a girl falls in love with someone she believes...
328K 5.7K 93
(F I N I S H E D) Johnny meets Annie online and falls in love with her
84K 1.9K 28
(Completed) in which a girl has a crush on a boy what will happen when this girl sleeps with her crush ? for more information read the first chapter...