A Night's Tale

By Loch-Naessy

From How To Train Your Dragon comes Strike, a black Night Fury with blue stripes and “veins” over his body, s... More

A Night's Tale- Strike Out:
A Night's Tale- Up Strike:
A Night's Tale- Strike Down:
A Night's Tale- Strike Home:
A Night's Tale- One Strike:
A Night's Tale- Strike Free:
A Night's Tale- Love Strike
A Night's Tale- Landing Strike
A Night's Tale- Last Strike
Words Before Leaving:

A Night's Tale (Epilouge)- Final Strike:

745 25 2
By Loch-Naessy

Ten years have passed. Strike and Gold are lying down on their favorite straw, trying to ignore the ruckus above their heads. Dalton and Taylor are now married, have two children and own the dragon training program, even though it isn’t that needed unless a Viking catches a wild dragon, which the numbers are growing less and less.

“Want to take a flight?” Strike asks, looking at his mate. She nods and opens the gate, walking to the flying-out-of-the-stables place.

Gold opens her wings, the gold spikes that made her so noticeable sparkles in the sunlight. He smiles, opening his own wings. His blue veins were more noticeable and they glow in rain, which looks as if it was about to. She jumps into the cooling air without a look backward. He follows her with simple precision.

As they fly, Strike looks down and sees one of Dalton’s and Taylor’s kids run out of the stables and look up into the sky, calling for them. He looks at Gold who rolls her eyes and heads to Red Death Mountain, their new favorite place for the kids have found out about the beach. Even if they did want to go to the mountain, they would either 1)bring a ship, which was a long journey for sea or 2) ride a dragon. Of course, they weren’t old enough to have dragons, but they have a pair saved for the children.

Strike lands in one of the crevices on the mountain and closes his wings as Gold lands next to him. The rain hit as soon as she did land. He growled as the rain hit his scales and they begin to glow.

“It looks good when it glows.” Gold comments.

“Well, it gets annoying…” Strike mutters, trying to get closer to the mountain wall.

She coos, making the coldness in Strike’s heart melt a little. He has been getting a little difficult because it is the raining season. Laying down, Gold copies him and puts her head on her paws as she stretches out.

He looks at her, thinking she is beautiful how the rain falls off her scales like that. She feels him watching her and looks at him, making him quickly look away.

“You could at least tell me when your looking at me.” she scoffs.

Shrugging, he looks at the darkening sky. “Remember how we met?”

“Then you got caught. The mighty Strike, being taken by Vikings.” she jokes. “Then you met Dalton, Taylor meeting me. Then this. How do you expect me to remember?”

“I’m not sure, but what do you think they are doing?” he asks, referring to something you’ll find out later.

“Hopefully staying out of trouble.” she replies.

Without warning, Strike crumbles off the edge of the crevice and flies in the direction of Berk. Gold understands and follows him quickly, the one thing she knows she can beat Strike at.

They landed at the beach, the two children of Dalton and Taylor running up to them. One was three years, the other four. The two hop on the dragons, kicking their sides to make them walk back to Berk. Something, the two Night Furies are accustomed to.

“Do you think Dalton or Taylor’s worried?” Strike asks his mate.

She nods her head. “Especially since Christopher has a cough and Jessica is grounded. Let’s hurry.”

Although the kids didn’t understand the dragons, they feel their pace pick up. Jessica, the oldest wails from anger and jumps off Strike, running back to the beach. Christopher claps his hands and follows his sister, making the dragons groan. The only way to get them now, was to hold them in their claws, something wrong and sometimes illegal.

Gold launches into the air, Strike following, and grabs Jessica before she is able to crouch down to avoid the dragon. She flies close to the ground with the struggling child in her claws, but she made it to the house, making the child go inside.

Strike is finally able to grab the challenging child. How come he got the more difficult one each time? Christopher likes to play with Strike as he tries to grab the kid: if Strike dives, Christopher goes left or right and makes the Night Fury miss and nearly crash as he makes a sharp turn.

“Arg!” Strike roars as he finally grabs Christopher. The child wails in his claws, but he ignores it as he flies to the house and also makes him go inside. Both dragons crash into their stall and rest before three pairs of claws scrape the ground into the stables.

“Here they come.” Gold sighs. “About time.”

Suddenly, the gate bursts open and three different-looking Night Furies pounce on the two adults. The older ones are prepared and blocks the triple fire-ball attack with their wings.

“No fair!” one calls out.

“Yeah, you knew!” remarks another.

“We weren’t very quiet like I told you.” growls the last one.

The three small Night Furies looked at the two older ones with different colored eyes. Two has green eyes and the third has blue eyes, just like Strike. Strike looks at his children and sighs.

“How many times do I have to tell you: Keep your claws off the wood.” he repeated a rule he had made up w week after they hatched because their claws were just to much to handle.

One of them, the Night Fury that looks exactly like Strike, glares at him. Strike purred. “Just like me when I was young.”

“Am not!” he growls.

“I’m not starting this.”

“Good! I’m ending it.”

“Just like me.” Strike mutters before the second one leaps on him.

She has purple-green eyes, which is very uncommon. Another strange quality to her is that on her back, she has a pretty purple flower design. Hence her name, Flower.

His expression softened, but when he let down his guard, Flower pelted him with a fire-balls. Growling, he knows he needs to teach her not to use her appearance to trick others, but he hasn’t gotten to it yet.

Flower purrs and tackles the first Night Fury without him knowing what has hit him.

“Flower! Let me up! Let me up!” he roars.

The female growls playfully, “Not until you admit your like Strike, Arrow.”

Arrow struggles, but Flower is the strongest of the three so he quits quickly. “Fine. I’m like Strike.”

Smiling, she lets him go, but not before he uses a fire-ball attack on his sister. She turned on him. “Hey!”

He smirks and runs out the stable entrance with Flower close behind him. The last Night Fury stays in the stable with his parents a little more longer.

Sighing, he gets up and follows after them, muttering, “Sometimes I wonder if I’m related to them or not.”

The only weird thing about Storm is that his wings were a lighter shade that the rest of him, and when he flies through a storm, its as if he was born in one, the way he moves so fluidly.

Gold sighs as the three left. “What are we going to do about them?”

“Ship them off?” Strike jokes.

Her serious gaze made him flinch back a little before coming back. She rests her head on her paws once more, while her mate rests his head on the back of her neck, careful of the golden spikes on the corners of her ears.

Dalton and Taylor comes down a minute later and Taylor asks where the hatchlings went.

“Village, no doubt.” Dalton answers her question.

“No kidding. Come on, you two!” Taylor says before ordering the adult dragons up. She jumps on Gold, Dalton on Strike.

Strike beat Gold to the entrance and leaps into the air, her at his tail tip, trying to bite at it. Purring, they head toward Berk to stop the ferocious five of Flower, Arrow, Storm, Christopher, and Jessica.

When they get there, Storm is trying to control Flower who is off into a field, setting it on fire. The rain kept most of it at bay, but the fire beat the liquid drops.

Gold and Strike went to find their kids while their riders went to find their own. Soon, the two Night Furies have their children under control and were flying back to the house, waiting for Dalton and Taylor. They came in an hour, soaking wet and angry.

“Well. I can tell that our lives will be awhile.” Strike sighs as he walks into the dragon stall.

The three hatchlings are sleeping in their separate stalls, and the house is silent, just the way the dragons and adults enjoyed it.

But it isn’t going to last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.6K 1K 8
Hiccup gets hit by a Night Fury. A transformation begins and he starts a new adventure. Takes place at the beginning of How to Train Your Dragon. Ant...
69.5K 3.4K 21
Everyone knows the story of Hiccup and how he trained a dragon. Ever know how the dragon trained him? Ever wonder the Night furies past? Well, that's...
306K 6K 25
After Hiccup on the Dragon Training, he still felt weak and useless to everybody because he hasn't even harmed a dragon. Nor would he want to. He kne...
97K 2K 25
There is dragon in Berk... But what if there is ... A half-dragon and a half-human... A white night fury who all human want to kill if they met you...