Save Me

By kelleyli

Perry White hires an up and coming, talented reporter to the daily planet, CELESTE COURTNEY 'C.C.' Walker. C... More

Special Notes & Cast of Characters Part 1
Cast of Charaters Part 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 37

109 5 1
By kelleyli

Perry walked up to where a big crowd was gathering as he noticed everyone staring out the window. Jimmy turned to see his boss walk up as he waved him over. "Chief! Chief! I've been looking for you!" Jimmy said as he brought him closer to the window. "I just got back from lunch with my wife. I came in through the garage. What's going on?" Perry said as he and Jimmy made their way to the front of the window. "It's Lois." Jimmy began. "She's acting strange."

"Strange, how Jimmy?" Perry asked they got through the crowd. "Well, she's flying like Superman and she's looking for C.C." "Celeste? What does she want with Celeste?" Perry wondered as they stood before the window and saw Lois hovering in the air across from them. "Lois Lane Carter!" Perry said as she turned her head towards his direction. "What are you doing? How are you doing it?" "I am waiting on Celeste Walker. To destroy her." Lois said as her voice was a mixture of her own and a mechanical tone.

"Destroy her!" Jimmy and Perry both as everyone whispered amongst themselves."Why?" Perry asked. "She took Superman from me! And for that Celeste Walker must die!" "Superman?" Perry and Jimmy said in surprise. "Celeste doesn't want Superman," Perry said as he shook his head at her madness. "Lois, stop this! Go home to your husband! He's probably worried about you." Lois continued to hover in the same spot as she spoke. "First, I will take care of Celeste Walker. Then I will take care of Mark Carter." 

"What?" Perry said as Jimmy spoke up. "Lois, why do you keep saying Celeste's name as Celeste Walker?" Lois turned her entire body towards them as she tilted her head some. "Because that is her name. Celeste Walker. Is it not?" Everyone at the window, including Perry and Jimmy, shook their heads. "No. It's not. Not anymore." Perry said. "It's Celeste Kent.' Jimmy added. "She married Clark almost seven months ago."

"No. No. No!" She screamed as she turned her head back to the window as beams shot out of her eyes. Perry and Jimmy stepped back quickly as everyone else ran out of the way.

Celeste threw the truck in park before she ran down the street to where Lois was. "Lois!" Celeste yelled up in the air. All heads turned towards Celeste down in the street  while Perry and Jimmy went to another window for safety. "You married Clark?" Lois yelled in a tone, not of her own.

 "Yes, I did. I love him and he loves me. And we have our daughter and our son, here, happy and healthy!" She yelled as Lois lower herself closer to the street where Celeste stood. "Now why don't you go back to your husband! And stay away from mine!" Celeste demand as Lois yelled before stretching out her hands in front of Celeste. 

"No! Why don't I kill you first, then Clark will be alone." "This isn't about Clark. This is about Superman. And what you remembered." Celeste called her out. "You never truly gave a shit about Clark! It was always Superman until you walked away, even from him!" Celeste yelled as she saw a black beam shoot from Lois' hands and hit her with a force that sent her body flying through the street hitting and armored truck. "AAHH!UGHH!" Celeste screamed before blacking out as her body hit the ground.

The moment she fell to the ground, Superman felt something was wrong. Jor-El noticed the look upon his son's face caused him great concern. He was about to speak when CJ and Caelyn began to cry. "What is wrong with the children?" Lara-El asked as CJ began to move towards Caelyn before they both looked at their father. Suddenly a vision of their mother came before their eyes, moments before she hit the truck replayed to them. "Courtney!" Superman said as he stood up and gathered the children in his arms. "Was that your wife, my son?" Lara-El wondered as he turned and nodded. "We must go." He said as his father and mother nodded in understanding. "Yes. Go." Jor-El stated before Superman took off with his son and daughter close to him.

Lois stood before Celeste as she was about to finish her when Mark arrived. "Lois?" He asked in surprise as she was about to kill Celeste. "Lois! No, please!" Mark begged. "You can't kill her. What has she done to you?" He said as he grabbed her by the arms and turned her around to face him. "What did she do to you to make you act like this? You wake up from a seven-month coma and start to act weird and destroy things." Lois narrowed her eyes at her husband as she snatched his hold away. "She took Superman away from me! He was mine! Mine!"

Mark took a step back as he began to shake his head at what she said. "Are you kidding me? Superman? This is about Superman? Well, you want to be with him so bad then you can have him!" Mark yelled as he turned and walked away. "I gave you everything Lois and you still think about him. Well, we are through. But first I will help Celeste Kent." He said as he went over to an unconscious Celeste to help her up.

"Don't help her, Mark," Lois stated as she began to levitate off the ground. "I will have to take you out if you do." She said as the wind around her began to pick up. "What can you do to me that could hurt me any worse than you have now?" He asked as he got Celeste up and in his arms, as he started to carry her when Lois raised her left hand and let a red beam shoot out and straight into Mark's back. "Arrrgggggggh!" He screamed as he hit his knees hard before he let Celeste slip out of his arms. His eyes rolled back into his head before he went down and instantly died. Lois stopped the beam when she knew he was no longer breathing.

She walked passed her husband's lifeless body and stood over Celeste's shapely frame. She grabbed Celeste by the arms and yanked her up when a voice boomed from the air. "Celeste!" Lois looked up as she flew up into the air with Celeste's body over her head. "Superman! It's me, Lois. You've come back to me." Lois smiled in a deranged way. 

"Lois?" Superman said in shock as he held CJ and Caelyn close. Lois noticed the babies in his arms as she grew angry. He stood in the sky helpless as he looked from Lois and Celeste to his babies, not knowing what to do. In a flash, the babies disappeared. Shock filled his face as he wondered where they went.

But he didn't have time to go search for them because Lois spun around before she tossed Celeste into the air. Superman quickly flew and caught her before she hit the side of a metal building."It's all your fault, Superman." Lois said as he flew away with Celeste to get the citizen out of harm's way. "Superman. Or should I just call you Clark." He held onto her with one hand as he smoothed her hair from her face as he talked to her. "Courtney, what have I done to you." He said in a broken down tone. "Yes, this is all your fault. You were mine and you let her come into our lives. Now she must die."

Jonathan finished up the last of his late in the daily chores as he stepped through the door ready for a nap before dinner. But as he took a step into the living room he was pleasantly surprised by two familiar faces greeting him.

"Da.Da. Da." CJ greeted his grandfather. "Da. Da. Da."Caelyn greeted also. Jonathan stepped up smiling as he went over to the sofa and swooped up his grandchildren into his arms."CJ! Caey! What a surprise. Where are your mama and daddy?" He asked, looking around. "Martha! Martha!" He called to his wife. 

Martha stepped out into the living room as she dried her hands on her apron. "What is it, Jonathan? You're screaming my name like we won the lottery." She said as her voice faded when she saw her grandbabies in her husband's arms. "Clark Junior? Caelyn? What are you doing here? Where are your parents?" She smiled as she stepped up and held her granddaughter, while Jonathan continued to hold their grandson.

"You mean you don't know where they are?" Jonathan said with concern. "No, why would I? Clark hasn't flown in or anything. I didn't hear him, anyway. I know Celeste called me at breakfast this morning to tell me the babies loved the new banana muffin recipe I created." Martha rambled suddenly having a bad feeling.

Jonathan sensed it as well as they looked around the room. "If the kids didn't bring them, then how did they get here?" Jonathan asked as they looked back at the babies. Caelyn was fast asleep in her grandmother's arms. And Clark Junior looked up at his grandfather before reaching up to grab his nose smiling.

Superman tried to find a safe place to put Celeste when her pocket began to ring. He couldn't believe that her phone was ringing during a time like this but thought it must be important if it was ringing at this moment. He flew up with her in the air while Lois chased him from behind.

He reached for the phone with one hand as he tried to lose Lois. "Hello!" He yelled into the phone, turning his head to see Lois hot on his trail. "Son, do you know where Celeste is?" Jonathan said. "Dad, she's with me. But this isn't a great time. Lois woke up from her coma and has these powers. And she came after Celeste and she's unconscious."

"Oh, my goodness!" Martha said. "Your mother and I are on speakerphone.  We just walked into the living to see we have some guests. CJ and Caey are here, son." "What!" Superman said before he shot up 70,000 feet in the air while his dad continued. "Yes, they are here and fine. But we were trying to figure out how they got here or who brought them." Jonathan told him. "Dad, I had them with me when I caught Lois with Celeste. And they disappeared from my arms while I was in the air." 

"Well, Clark, we saw what the babies could do when they were in Celeste," Martha said. "Do you think they had one of their powers appear early? I mean they probably could somewhat understand that you needed to save Celeste. And they had to be safely out the way. " "Yeah. They came to a place they knew they would be safe," Jonathan added. "With us."

Superman smiled bittersweetly as he understood. "Well, that one thing I don't have to worry about. Mom and Dad, I will see you and the babies once this is over." "Okay, son," Jonathan said. "Be careful, Clark," Martha told him. "I will, Mom. You and Dad give the babies lots of kisses for Celeste and me." He said before hanging up and slipping the phone back into Celeste's pocket as she began to stir.

"Hmmm." She said as she began to open her eyes to see where she was. "Clark?" She said confused. "Shh. Baby, take it easy. I need to get you to safety." "You aren't going anywhere, Superman. Or should I say, Clark Kent." Superman heard as he looked up to see Lois appear in front of him, cutting him off. "Lois," Celeste said as she remembered. 

"Oh, my goodness! You killed your own husband! How could you?" Celeste said. "He was in my way. He tried to save you and I had to get rid of him." She said as she looked at Celeste before her hand shot out a red beam that surrounded Celeste's body. It began to act a tractor beam, pulling her towards Lois. Superman held onto his wife with all his strength as the beam was equally strong.

"Lois! Please! Let her go! This isn't like you! This is all Doomsday's doing! "Superman screamed as Celeste's cries mixed over his own voice. "This is all me! You were mine! Superman!" Lois yelled at him. "But you never wanted me as Clark!" He yelled back as he finally broke the beam's hold. Celeste flew into his chest as protectively held onto her. "When you found out back then who I really was, you admitted that it was too much to handle. You told me couldn't share me and worry over me." He said to her as he let her see the sadness and anger he felt. "And then even as Superman, you didn't want me. You married another man! I remember the vows you said to him, Lois. But when I find true happiness you feel the need to sell out my family and destroy it?"

"This isn't my fault! It's hers! And she will die or I will kill everyone in Metropolis! I have enough power to take out the whole world, Clark. The choice is yours!" Celeste shook her head as Superman moved her behind him. "No. Kill me instead Lois." Superman demanded as Celeste's head shot up looking up at the back of his head. "Clark, no!" She cried as he brought her back to his front. "I love you. I love CJ, Caelyn, Ma, and Pa. Tell them that for me." He said to Celeste while Lois watched them.

"No, Clark I won't. Because you're going to tell them every day of our lives." Celeste began to cry while Lois rolled her eyes and raised her hands up. "I think killing her is better. Because I get to see you suffer without her. And she's gone from my view forever. Goodbye Celeste Walker." Lois said as he shot a black beam from her left hand and sent it towards Celeste.

But before it could reach her, Superman moved her aside and let it hit him. "Arrrrrghhhhh!" He yelled as he fell with Celeste falling with him. "Clark!" Celeste and Lois both screamed his name as he went unconscious as they fell from the sky.

"Clark!" Celeste and Lois both screamed his name as he went unconscious as Celeste and Clark both fell from the sky. Lois flew after him as Superman's body continued at a rapid acceleration. "I won't lose you!" Celeste screamed as she straightened her body and reached out her arms towards him. Far behind her, she could hear Lois screaming for Superman. Celeste closed her eyes for a moment and silently prayed. Please, don't die, Clark. I love you. Please give me the strength to save my husband and kick her ass! Celeste opened her eyes and saw that she was closer to Superman as she grabbed his arms and pulled him closer to her.

She held him close as she saw they were about to collide with the ground. Celeste braced for impact and shut her eyes tight when nothing happened. It was when she heard Lois speak she opened her eyes. "What in the hell? How did you do that?" Celeste peaked around her and looked to see Superman still hurt as she held him. She looked down and saw that she and he were floating a couple of feet from the ground. "What? Clark, how?" She was about to say before she noticed he was still out."It's you." Lois spat. "How did you get powers?"

Celeste remembered what happened when she was pregnant when future teen CJ told her and Clark about her absorbing some powers for her own. Celeste narrowed her eyes while she carefully landed to lay Superman down. She gave him a kiss on the lips before she spoke against them. "You are not dying on us, Kal-El. I love you so much. I and our babies want you around for a very long time. Besides, I want to give you more children. But for now, I need to take care of this bitch."

Celeste flew back up in the air across from Lois  until they were face to face."Are you sure you want to leave him there defenseless, Celeste Walker?" Lois taunted her. "I may just swoop down and take him and disappear." Celeste worked her jaw and kept her narrowed eyes upon Lois. "First of all, the moment you swoop down and touch him again, I will beat the hair off your head. Second, you aren't going anywhere with him. Because he is mine! Third of all, my name is not Celeste Walker. It's Celeste Kent! Get it right, you alien possessed bitch!"

Lois began and Celeste began to charge towards each other. Lois grabbed Celeste by the arms and swung her into a nearby cloud before she shot a beam out of her hand. Celeste tried to outrun it but there was nowhere to hide. Turning around to face Lois and her powers, Celeste held her hands out to block her face when a blue glow came over her. It acted like a force field against Lois's beams, sending them back at her. 

One beam hit her in her shoulder and caused her to stop and focus on the pain. "Ahh! I can feel that. Why can I feel that?" Lois said. Celeste moved her hands away, causing the glow to stop. "Because you still have a human body. You may have Doomsday's powers and whatever else fused in you, but you can hurt just like I can."

Lois gave Celeste a mean look as she tried to shake off the pain. "I don't care. All I care about is your body lifeless. Then I will kill your babies and make Superman mine." Celeste shook her head at the thought of this skanky woman touching her babies. She began to feel her body surge with energy while she raised her hands up and jumped Lois. "You will never touch my babies, you stupid bitch!" She said as placed her hands around Lois' throat. 

"You had your chance but threw it away because you couldn't love a sweet man who loved you!" Celeste yelled out as she felt her body heat from her hands into Lois' body. "So what, he was Superman. You made a choice to not want to make a decision or worry about him or whether or not he has to choose between you and him always having to save the world. I healed his heart. I let him see I wanted him. That I didn't have to choose and neither did he."

Lois' heart began to speed up before she screamed. "I gave him more family to love and a part of him that told him he's no longer alone. I can't have you around trying to destroy him like Doomsday and Zod tried to! So I am going to have to take you out!" Lois' eyes started to roll upward while she tried to speak. "So, you plan to take out all of Superman's villains like this?" 

Celeste raised her up some as she didn't bat an eye. "Only the ones who try to wipe him out or try to hurt my babies!" Celeste watched as Lois body began to boil and the metal in her system caused to shut down. Lois took her last breath before she stopped moving. Celeste knew that she had to completely destroy her. 

She inhaled deeply before exhaling a cool breath, freezing Lois' body. A white beam shot out of Celeste's hand while she levitated her up into the sky.  The blue glow covered Celeste like a protective force field while she flew up and away from the Earth's atmosphere and into space. She looked around and saw her destination for Lois. The sun. She pushed her hand forward causing the beam to send Lois into the sun.

She watched as Lois' body hurled further and further away before the sun swallowed her whole.  Celeste's eyes then looked around and for the first time noticed the moon and a few faraway planets before smiling. She felt that familiar feeling of her husband as she flew back down to where he was.

Celeste hovered over him and placed her hands over his body before the blue glow began to heal him. The minute he was better, Celeste's body shut down. She sat on the ground next to him waiting for his eyes to open and focus on her.  Once they did, he spoke. "Where is she?" He asked. "She's gone. For good. I'll fill you in later. I just want to go to our babies." She softly pleaded to her husband before passing out. Superman caught her in his arms before she could touch the ground. "Sure thing, Courtney." He said and smiled at her. He shot up into the air with her in his arms, holding her close. "Let's get our babies and go home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 663 51
The impossibly powerful Captain Marvel who goes toe to toe with Superman is actually a tiny, pure hearted little boy. Identity reveal fails, wacky si...
2.6K 112 22
ONC 2021 Fanfiction prompt 13 and Romance Prompt 71. This novella is a non-canon version of Superman, with some of the same characters and places. Le...
27.5K 918 21
หš เผ˜โœถ โ‹†๏ฝกหš โ€โžท { ๐Ÿค๐ŸŒโœจ } She always knew she didn't fit but she never knew what she was capable of. Growing up in a home where she was treated differen...
1.8K 66 23
It's been four weeks since Lana left. It's been four weeks since Chloe was taken. It's been four weeks since Clark left. Liana's worst nightmare come...