Untold Truth

By hannahcmary

Violet Jackson can barely take a breath of senior year before Flynn Davis walks down the hall of her high sch... More

Untold Truth
Prologue
1| Ghosts
2| Fylnn Davis
3| School Secret
4| My Fault
5| Losing Them
6| Investigation
8| The Four Men
9| Ruin Everything
10| Abbey Reynolds
11| Angel Of Death
12| Camila Beckett
13| Kyle Reynolds
14| Scandalous
15| Hamilton Melts
16| Betrayal
17| Hamilton Hospital
18| Consequences
19| Argreement
20| Sandra Reynolds
21| Judgemental Decisions
22| Ruined Dates
23| Lovers That Went Wrong
24| Hungover Confessions
25| The Son
26| Please Stay
27| For Flynn
28| Penn Sterling
29| The Sixth
30| Caught
31| The Rooftop
32| The Phonecall
33| Under The Stars
34| Emotional Teather
35| Hamilon High
36| I Love You
37| Fading Reality
38| Man In Scrubs
39| Flowers For You
40| The Two Men
41| The Cold
42| The Reynolds
43| Say Goodnight
44| Just Breathe
45| They're Here
46| Be Afraid
47| Just Like Everyone
48| Let Go
49| Blurry Memory
50| Restricted Words
51| New Lives
Epilogue
Author's Note
My Other Stories

7| Killer Girl

2.8K 119 13
By hannahcmary

U N T O L D
T R U T H
chapter seven

"Okay, I've had enough of this." Dianna dramatically says and grabs my arm, pulling me away from Flynn's side- cutting our conversation short. "You don't get to hog her, asswipe." I try not to laugh as she insults her brother.

I've never had people fight over me. I am use to people fighting me. "You're too lame for her to handle. Vi is probably bored to death of you." Flynn retorts and Dianna sticks her hands on her hips.

"Put your dick back in your pocket and go find someone else to annoy." Flynn rolls his eyes at her, turning away just as redness crept on his cheeks. He walks down the hall, wandering off to who knows where.

"That was a bit unnecessary, wasn't it?" I can't help but smile at Dianna as she closes her locker.

She shakes her head and adjusts her books in her grip. "It was until I found out you both are ditching me to go see some show in Greendale next week."

Flynn and I planned to drive to Greendale next week, as that's where Sebastian's Mother now lives. There is no show, it is all a cover up he came up with. It's almost a five hour drive, so he thought it would be easier to book a motel room down there to prepare ourselves to see her.

       "Your brother organised it, not me." I lay the blame on Flynn, doing as he told me when she mentions it. "Otherwise you would of been the first person I bought with me."

      She sighs and shrugs. "It's fine. I should of realised Flynn doesn't like the whole 'sister third wheeling' thing." My eyebrows raise in surprise. She thinks it's some sort of date?

      "It's not a date or anything like that, Dianna." I tell her. "It's a band local to that area that we both like."

      She sobers up and brushes her hair from her face. "Okay- in that case, I'm so glad he didn't invite me." I smile at her fast changing moods. "I don't listen or like and music bands. Especially live ones."

        That was the reason Flynn created that cover up. He knew Dianna would never go to a gig like that. "That's kind of the reason he didn't ask you."

She nods understandable as we walk down the small hall so we could go to mine next. I hated having my locker in the main hall, it's always so crowded and loud. Dianna doesn't realise how lucky she is to have hers around the corner.

"Dammit." She sudden exclaims and stops abruptly in her steps. "I forgot I had to give my biology homework to the old hag." I snicker at Dianna, knowing she's talking about Ms Blanchett. The teacher is the reason I refuse to take biology- she's the cruelest person in the whole of Hamilton.

"Have fun with that." She glares at me and starts backing away to the stairs. I have first period with Dianna, so I didn't have to worry about saying goodbye as I walk down the rest of the hall and enter the main hall.

I ignore the many students lingering around the red lockers, and get to my locker that sits somewhere close to the middle of the hall.

Just as I open it, Flynn walks from the other end of the hall. He sighs. "Finally, Dianna isn't here to annoy me to death." I smile as he leans his side on the locker beside mine. "Did she say anything about next week?"

I scan through my locker, trying to remember my classes for today so I can see what textbooks I need. "Only that she thinks it's some sort of date." I say and shift through my books. I desperately need to clean my locker out.

I see him roll his eyes. "It's so hard trying not to say anything to her or my parents. I've already had Dianna questioning me because I seem 'distant from the family'."

A dull ache pushes its way into my chest. I frown, closing my locker to I could focus on Flynn. "If it's going to be this hard, we don't have to do any of this. You can just ask your parents."

"I don't want to." He says, reminding me for almost the thousandth time he doesn't want to ask his parents- he wants to tell them. "When we see Sebastian's mom, it's not like she can hide anything. She'll be surprised I showed up and that way she'll have to say something."

He speaks in a quiet voice, ensuring no one around hears about his plan. I smile sadly because I don't want to crush his eagerness and excitement to see her. I can't think of anything worse than to see her.

        "What are you doing?" Flynn's eyes shoot to behind me when a new voice joins the conversation. I know that voice from anywhere.

        Liam Fields. Sebastian's best friend who resents me more than Nancy Dennis does. He's held a grudge against me because Sebastian was suppose to drive him home that night, but Sebastian never mentioned anything and left him there.

       The rest wasn't hard to figure out. He blames me for everything too. There's only a few people who don't blame me, them being my mother, psychologist, and Mrs Lancaster.

        I slowly turn around to face him, but he had barely left any person space for me. I instantly step back, accidentally bumping into Flynn who doesn't move.

        Everyone feels the tension, I even see a few people turn their heads to stare at the angered Liam, but they all try to be discreet to not make the situation worse.

        I had purposely avoided him since the accident. I had bumped into him a few times last year, and he made his anger known with the harsh words he would throw. I hadn't seen him this school year. Mainly because none of our classes are the same and he stays outside.

      "I thought Nancy was just fucking around when she said you two were friends." I force myself to not shrink away or show any expression when his cold tone almost echos in the hallway.

      "Look man, I don't know what the problem is but you need to back off." Flynn says which makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when he sounds like his supposed brother.

        I don't like this side of Flynn Davis. I prefer his warm and soft nature, his almost a put of honey compared to his brother.

      "You're sticking up for her?" Liam spits, throwing a glare at Flynn. I had backed away as much as I can without being a coward and hiding behind Flynn. I can slightly feel his mustard coloured jumper against my back.

       I can practically imagine the Davis boy frowning, trying to piece together why this boy in front of us doesn't like the idea of us being friends. "Seriously- just walk away."

     "Maybe you should do the same before Killer Girl makes another headline, once again with Seb's face." That would be enough for Flynn to realise Liam is talking about Sebastian.

I grit my teeth at the nickname Hamilton High has given me. "Back, off." Flynn's voice runs just as cold as Liam's. His eyebrows rise in shock because he couldn't scare Flynn into doing as he says. No one stands up to Liam Fields.

Liam looks away from Flynn and point his glare at me. "Enjoy a short life, Davis." His words may be directed at Flynn, but I knew they were for me too.

Liam walks away, his anger visible enough to make the people in his way scatter to the sides of the hall. "What a douche." The scary side of Flynn instantly leaves, and his normally soft voice is back.

I take a breath, stepping away from him and turning around. "He's like that a lot." I sigh, suddenly finding interest in staring down at my shoes. I know Flynn would have a lot of questions about what just happened.

"What did you and Sebastian do?" He quietly asks, which makes my head shoot up to him as I frown. "What did he mean by another headline?"

He was talking about all the news articles about Sebastian;

Death Of Sebastian Reynolds Shakes Small Town, Hamilton.
Sebastian Reynolds And Violet Jackson Found In Hamilton Park, One Dead.
Mugging In Hamilton Park Results In Death.
Suspicion As To Why Violet Jackson Only Suffered Minor Injures.

The list goes on. I lost could of the headlines. Although I can't let Flynn know about that night in full detail- he would hate me. I would never be able to live knowing that.

"Sebastian and I, w-we caused a lot of chaos as juniors. We didn't really know each other that well still." I didn't want to create more lies, instead I gave a poor excuse that isn't necessary a lie.

Flynn raises a single eyebrow. "You- and chaos? That's something I never thought I'd hear in the same sentence." I feel myself releasing a breath when he brushes the topic off.

"At this point, chaos may as well be my middle name." I joke back. "You've witnessed first hand everyone's hatred for me."

      He steps closer, sliding his side along the lockers where he had resumed leaning against. "Which I still don't understand."

         "Let's just pretend it's another one of those shitty high school movies with the social outcast. I'm the outcast who everyone hated with Sebastian, and you're just- the shiny new Sebastian."

      "I thought you weren't with him." Flynn says rather fast. I reframe from wanting to roll my eyes, yet again having to tell him the truth. It's almost as if he believes I'm lying about it, he could smell out the lie.

Although he is finding the lies in all the wrong places. "We weren't. Should I have it tattooed on my head?" I joke, easing his frown. The more I deny it, the more he knows it's the truth.

"Should I have 'not Sebastian' tattooed on my head?" He tucks his hands into his hoodies pocket. "I can barely take a step into the outside world without another person staring at me or asking me if I'm him."

I laugh, although I wasn't intending too which is why I try to cover my smile. "I don't know if you've noticed- but the only difference between you two is your personality. You're identical."

He can't fight the smile off his face as he rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I know. No need to make fun of me."

      I glance down at the plain watch I had decided to wear today so I didn't have to constantly check my phone for the time, and see that I only have five minutes before the first warning bell would ring for first period.

    "I'm going to leave you here to sulk about it whilst I go to the bathroom." I tuck my chunky textbook and notebook tighter in my hands grip to rest it against my body. "I'll see you on first period."

       I leave him standing beside the lockers as I dodge the swarm of students in the hall, aiming to get to the ugly brown painted bathroom door.

      I manage to squeeze past the closely huddled group of freshmen who all had their stares aimed at me, and push open the bathroom door- immediately sighing once I had escaped the students of Hamilton High.

          I feel the pressure of the stares and hurtful words weight harder on my chest now that I have friends. Before I learnt to ignore them, but now I'm left vulnerable because I can lose Flynn and Dianna as easy as I lost Camila.

       Once I had finished in the bathroom, I place my books beside the sink as I wash my hands, no bothering to spare a glance at myself in the mirror because I'm always met with the same frown of mine. Then I'm left questioning if someone like me is capable of dangerous things.

      The door squeaks open and my head snaps to where Nancy Dennis has entered. The door falls shut behind her, leaving me to know she had ditched her friends for a bathroom stop. I never had dealt with Nancy on her own.

            She always had her friends hyping her up to throw insults, or she would show off. Although looking at her with her arms limp by her side, and the shocked facial expression- I'm not sure if she's as tough as she seems without her posse.

     She straightens up and brings her brown hair over her shoulders, still not bothering to move as we silently stare each other down.

     "I saw Liam wasn't too happy about Flynn Davis being attached to your hip." She starts. "Everyone is just oh so concerned for him since you two are 'friends'. We've already been to Sebastian's funeral, we don't need to have another for the same face."

       "God Nancy, come get an original joke I haven't heard before." I realise what I said before I could stop myself. My sarcasm was something I was too scared to throw back at her.

          I wait for the worst, expecting a deep scowl and harsh words. Maybe even this time someone would be brave enough to physically assault me for my words and actions.

     Nancy Dennis doesn't show any signs of anger. Her eyes slightly widen and one of her feet cautiously steps back, ready to leave if she needed too. She almost looks- scared.

     "What?" I beg myself not to do what I'm about to do. I will hate myself after this. But my mind is a ticking time bomb- it will do what it wants against my will. It'll do it just to let me feel power for the first time in a year. "Is Nancy scared? Of me?"

        A sick and sinister smile forces its way on to my face as my stomach twists with anxiety. She steps back as I test the waters and step closer.

       "You're a freak." She spits, trying her hardest to stay tough. "You're seriously messed up in the head."

        I laugh. "That's a new one, isn't it? It's a nice break from the label you stuck on my forehead."

      "Don't move an inch or I'll scream for a teacher." She raises a hand at me, even though I hadn't taken another step closer to her.

     "What are you scared of, Nancy? You're not so tough without your friends." I want to stop and walk away, knowing this interaction will land me in a lot more trouble.

     She deserves this. She has been tormenting me for as long as I can remember. Even before Sebastian died she would stare at Camila and I, then whisper things to her friends as they laugh.

          Camilla swore to never be friends with her because she is nothing but bad news. Somehow, Nancy has her ways of making people do strange things. Now I have to watch Camila from the halls try to fit in with the group.

      "You can't kill me." Her words make me freeze. "My family is the most wealthiest in Hamilton. The moment you're in prison they'd pay guards off to give you what you deserve, freak."

     She believes I was intending to hurt her. To kill her. Maybe I am what everyone says- Killer Girl.

                            I'm a monster.

      I break out of my state, grabbing my books from beside the sink and leaving to bathroom before another word is exchanged. She got me, yet again.

      The bell rings, forcing a frustrated sigh to push out of my lips. A lone sophomore who was close by jumps slightly and moves away from me, making me frown.

     I am what everyone says. How can I not be? If I wasn't, no one would try everything to get away from me. Sebastian wouldn't be dead.

      What if the men never killed Sebastian. What if he was only unconscious and when I was hit it put me in the state of mind to end his life. It could be why everyone is so certain I'm the reason for his death, why I'm put through psychology weekly, why my father left the family, and why my mom is always so stressed.

    That's ridiculous- I think. I remember being punched straight in the face then falling. It was hitting my head on the ground that made everything so black. I couldn't of done such awful things- right?

      "Bloody hell, Violet-" Dianna suddenly grabs my elbow, dragging me with her and Flynn who chuckles from beside her. "Are you asking to have your head bitten off? We're going to be late to class."

        I push the thoughts and memories of my encounter with Nancy to the back of my head, and smile. "Sorry, there was a book club with Nancy Dennis in the bathrooms."

        My joke makes her roll her arms as she contained to literally drag me to our first period class. "That girl with the ugly glare?" I snort a laugh at Dianna's words. "You should of dunked her head in the toilet."

     "Dianna-" Flynn warns, making it clear he doesn't like her being violent. If he doesn't like that, then he'll hate me.

     "You heard that shitty prank she pulled on Violet last year, and you've seen just how much of a bitch she is." Dianna tells her brother. "She would of deserved it. If I was there- I would of done it myself and made Violet record it."

      Flynn laughs at his sister. "Vi wouldn't let you do that, wouldn't she?" He leans forward while walking, raising a brow at me as he waits for my answer.

     I hadn't gotten use to the nickname he's started calling me. Not even my mom had called me Vi. I frown in thought, wondering if I actually would let Dianna do something like that.

      "See! She so would let me!" Dianna cheers.

              "You're suppose to say no." Flynn smiles at me, and I roll my eyes.

      "To be fair, I said nothing." I back myself up. "I don't even know if I would let Dianna do it. I know Nancy might deserve it, but-"

       "I knew it!" Dianna cuts me off with another cheer. "She so would let me wash that girls makeup off with toilet water. It would take about three flushes to do it, but it would be so worth it."

_______________________________

It's been a little while since I updated, but that's because I had been at work and I had started the spin off to MEANINGFUL MISTAKES that you can now check up on my profile.

Also, I wanted to say how excited I am to write the next chapter because I'm shaking things up a little by bringing back a certain four people.

Stay tuned.

Until Next Time,
Hannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 5.3K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
179K 4.8K 49
"He rests his forehead on mine and closes his eyes. Instantly, my own eyes flutter shut. I can feel his lips so very near to my own. 'Mia..," he say...
660 15 13
"I need to hate you," I voice. A cloud of smoke escapes my lips from the cold. His brows and eyes harden on mine as he looks at my red cheeks and shi...
303K 10.9K 58
#1 ADDICTIVE ❤️ #1 SEXUAL ASSAULT ❤️ #1 RECOVERY ❤️ #1 DEPRESSION ❤️ #1 MUSIC ❤️ #3 TRAUMA ❤️ #3 ADDICTION ❤️ #9 MENTAL HEALTH ❤️ If you were to ask...