Bite

By Core_of_Gore

Normal. A very plain word with many different meanings. For Red Monroe, normal means living a simple life wit... More

Introduction
♦️Prologue♦️
♦️Chapter One - Breathe♦️
♦️Chapter Two - The Eye♦️
♦️Chapter Three - Eiden♦️
♦️Chapter Four - Bite♦️
♦️Chapter Five - A New Reality♦️
♦️Chapter Six - Healing♦️
♦️Chapter Seven - Going♦️
♦️Chapter Eight - In the Middle of the Woods♦️
♦️Chapter Ten - I Can Do This♦️
♦️Chapter Eleven - Training Session♦️
♦️Chapter Twelve - Going to Dinner♦️
♦️Chapter Thirteen - Aglæca♦️
♦️Chapter Fourteen - Insomniac♦️

♦️Chapter Nine - Moakdé Haven♦️

13 2 7
By Core_of_Gore

The rooms in Red's home⬆️➡️
Song: How Did We Wind Up Here? - Jen Brook (How Did We Wind Up Here?)
Word Count: 1676
Map of Moakdé Haven⬇️ Blueprint of Red's House⬇️⬇️

      Eiden opened the door and I gasped in surprise. The house was absolutely incredible. A living room was right in front of the main door with a cubic staircase to the right. Next to the staircase and behind the wall in the living room was the dining room, the places completely set. On the left side of the living room was the kitchen, one that was huge and filled with all one would need, even a stone wall that two ovens and two microwaves were set in.

      "This is incredible," I whispered, spinning in a circle and taking in my surroundings.

      Eiden chuckled, walking towards me. "I'm going to go back to the car and grab your stuff. Akia will take you to your room and Nonna should be here shortly."

     I nodded, waving to Eiden as he walked out of the house. Akia approached me, grinning from ear to ear. "Come on, I'll take you on a tour."

      "Hey, I thought you said nobody has been here for years, how do you know the layout of this place?" I asked as I followed Akia up the stairs.

     "When we said that, we meant that no one had been to Moakdé to live before. We've all been here to study our surroundings and living situations if we ever were in a situation like this."

     "Ah," I nodded as Akia turned left and led me down the hall.

      "Okay, we'll start at the end and make our way down. This is Nonna's room." Akia opened a door to reveal a large room with a sloped ceiling and a bed centered on the left hand wall. A chandelier hung from the ceiling and a balcony was attached to the back wall, although there wasn't much of a view. The balcony was on the back of the house, so all that could be seen was the incline of the hill.

      "These rooms are huge," I said as Akia shut the door and led me to the next one.

       The girl chuckled. "Yeah, well, it was made for a goddess, so it might as well be a mansion."

      "I'd be happy with a normal house."

      "We all wouldn't fit in a normal house."

      "Fair enough."

      Akia dramatically opened the door. "This is your room."

     "Woah," I gasped. The room was large, with a triangular ceiling and a fan in the middle. There was a balcony on the right that led to the side of the house, which had a bit more of a view than Nonna's. There was a dresser beside the glass doors with an armchair and ottoman set up next to it. Right in front of the door was the bed and to the left of the door was an opening that led to a large walk-in closet.

     "Yep, pretty cool. So," Akia pulled me out of the room and made me face the rest of the hall. "The door right there is the spare bedroom-" she pointed to the door in the middle of the hallway, across from the two sets of staircases, "-and across from it is the bathroom. Next to the bathroom is Eiden's room, and across from that is mine. I call dibs on that room, so it's mine. Don't listen to Eiden if he says otherwise, it's mine."

      "Noted."

     "Upstairs is a library and another bathroom. All three bathrooms have a shower, so, that's important for the mornings."

      "Great. I miss the days of having two people in the house and two bathrooms."

     "You say that like it's been a long time, you were just there this morning."

     "Well, yeah, but the point still stands."

     Akia laughed, going back into my room and flopping on my bed. I frowned, opening my mouth, but before I could say anything, she spoke up again, "and no, I'm not showing you the rest of the rooms. I'm too lazy and we were coming back here anyway."

     "But-"

      "You'll see the rooms eventually, calm down."

     I huffed, walking over to the armchair and propping my legs up on the ottoman. "So what do we do now?"

     "Wait for Nonna to show up or Eiden to come back," Akia mumbled, rolling onto her back and looking up at me. "Then you unpack and I take a nap."

      "Actually, you're going to come with Red and I to show her around the haven." I turned around to see a rather sweaty Eiden with two suitcases in his hands and my camera bag around his neck.

      "Geez, you got here fast." I took the suitcases from him and dropped them on my bed, grinning at Akia's squeal.

     "Well, I am an Adolphus," he smirked, before frowning at my confused face. "You know, the-"

      "Nope, hold on." I dug my hand into my jacket pocket and fished out a folded piece of paper, the one I made all of my notes on the day before. Scanning over the words on the page, I found what I was looking for. "Okay, okay, male werewolf, no, Wilhemine, that makes sense. Okay, I got it." I folded up the paper and grinned at the twins, who were already smirking at me.

      Akia giggled, "well, you're learning."

We all laughed for a moment, before Eiden turned to me. "Alright, while we wait for Nonna, Akia and I will take you on a tour of the haven. There's not a lot of different things, but there are a lot of homes, so it will take a bit of getting used to."

I nodded, pulling my camera bag off of Eiden's shoulder and draped it over my arm, fishing out the camera and looping it around my neck. "Alright, let's go!"

"Are you bringing your camera?" Akia asked, hopping up from the bed and walking over to her brother and I.

"Obviously."

"Alright, no need to be so sassy."

"I'm a Gemini, I'm always sassy."

"That's not always the case-"

"Okay, you two. Stop arguing and let's go," Eiden cut in, leading the two of us out my bedroom. I followed behind the man, giggling at Akia's mumbled cursing towards her brother.

     As soon as the three of us walked out the door, Eiden turned us to the left, pointing to a group of houses that were a bit separated from the rest. "Those five houses belong to the families that are regarded as the strongest families within the Gervais, Wilhemine and Barrin combined."

"Those families include the Fagras, which are a family of Wilhemines that were very close to your mother, the Paynes, which are Wilhemines that practice medicine, the Johans, a Barrin family that are very powerful warriors, the Yangs, another Barrin family that are skilled in fighting and medicine, and then the Vollons, which is Casper and Levi's family." Akia listed, counting off on her fingers, looking up at me as she finished, before her eyes trained on something behind me. "And speak of the devil, look who's here."

      I turned around, huffing when I met the gaze of a smirking Casper and a bashful Levi. "Great," I mumbled, "I thought I was done with you today."

     Cap chuckled, shaking his head. "I hate to break it to you, Rose, but you won't be done with me for a long long time."

      "What did you call me?" I raised a brow.

     "Rose." Cap smirked again.

     "Don't call me that."

      "Would you prefer Scarlet?"

    "No."

     "Vermilion?"

     "No."

     "Ruby?"

     "No! I'd prefer it if you call me by my name!" I was seething at this point.

     "Ah," Cap sighed, grinning at me. "Sorry, sweetheart, but that's not happening."

     "I swear to god-"

     "Alright then!" Levi cut me off, stepping in front of his brother as Akia and Eiden grabbed my forearms. I had unknowingly stepped forward, ready to fight this douchebag. "Casper, let's just go home. We have three people we need to look after." When Casper refused to leave, the two of us steadily glaring at each other, Levi began to push him away. "Casper, let's go!"

     With a huff, the two men walked away, leaving an irritated Eiden, nervous Akia, and furious me in their wake. "Alright then," Eiden spoke, turning to the two of us. "I'm going to cut this tour short so Red can go home and cool off."

     "Okay, how come my tours keep getting shortened!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air as Eiden  raised a brow at Akia, who just shrugged in response. "Ugh, okay, let's just go."

     "Alright, so over there," Eiden pointed to the group of houses closest to the previous five, "are the Wilhemine homes. On the other side," Eiden pointed across the clearing to another housing group, "are the Barrin homes."

     "In the middle of the clearing is the Oak, which is the source of the barrier's power." Akia took over for Eiden, motioning to everything she spoke of. "The building right next to our house is the infirmary, but people usually only go there if the injuries are severe. Otherwise, they go to the home of a family with medical training, like the Fagras, Paynes, or Yangs. Next to that building is the Training Facility, where people go for training involving their human forms. You'll also be spending a lot of time there, since those who are learning how to shift into their two, or in your case, four forms-"

      "Four forms?!"

     "Yes, we explained that to you yesterday, now anyway, that was the last bit that we needed to explain. Now, we can go home, and I can take a nap."

     This time, Akia lead the way back to the house, opening the door with a huff. I stomped through the door, arms crossed and still fuming from the encounter earlier. "Well," a voice spoke, drawing my attention to them, "someone's angry."

     I gasped, a grin forming in my face. "Nonna!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 158 41
Book 1 in the ancient series Being heavily edited so it will change. An age-old battle with a wolf almost as old as time itself brings a bigger card...
2.4M 74.9K 97
Soul mates An invisible force that ties the fate of two people together in a strong unbinding red thread of love. The person with whom you fall in lo...
556K 13K 25
He would never love her. Want her. Or need her. Althea Williams definition of 'normal' is a lot different to others. To her, normal is being bullied...
25.6K 1.1K 16
Fabletown, a place for Fables to live separately from humans, or 'mundies'. It's the place they call home ever since they were run out of the Homelan...