Mafiatale Sans x female reade...

By moon1767

Over thousands of years the Underground's hopes of becoming free had slowly disappeared and have gone to alte... More

Paying respects
What?
Short-Lived Memories
Not like other Flappers
First Day
I'm not Intimidated
No Dice
Company to its extent
Falling Into Place
Set in Stone
Not a Freak
Make Yourself Known
Is This Love?
A Change
Uncalled For
Jealousy
A Fifty-Fifty Chance
A Turn of Events
Needs
The Bargain
Determination
Epilogue
(My reason for writing this book)

Going Out In Style

2.1K 69 51
By moon1767

"Hey, (y/n)! Wake up, you should've been up and cleaning two hours ago!"

     I lift up my head from my soft pillow and hearing the sound of one of the maids yelling at me through the door. I squinted at the clock on my nightstand that read 'eight fifteen a.m.'. After getting back home late from stealing that dress and mask, I barely had the strength to pull myself up a three story house to get to my bedroom window while carrying two boxes that had the mask and dress.

     I acknowledged the other maid behind my door and told her that I would be out soon and waited for her to leave. I sit up and felt a chill all throughout my bedroom and noticed that I didn't close the window all the way as I felt a gust of winter wind come through. I shiver and got out of my bed to shut and lock the window and walked back to my bed and pulled out the dress and mask from underneath to check and see if they were still in good condition. I delicately unwrap the mask to get a closer look at it and pleased to see that nothing was broken.

     The main part of the mask was black with glitter and the magnificent deer antlers were painted silver as well as the fake leaves that were placed on the upper rim of the mask. As I pick up the extraordinary mask to try it on, a short transparent black veil flows out from behind it that covers the lower half of my face.

     "Perfect, no one will be able to recognize me now!" I say happily as I examined myself from the dresser's mirror.

     I wrap up the mask up and placed it back into its box, saving the best for last as I take out the beautifully fringed dress and held it up to the front of my body. I tried to look at myself through the tiny mirror on top of the dresser but I quickly became impatient and ran to the bathroom where the walk-in closet had a larger mirror. I giggled a bit as I felt the matching purple fringe on the bottom of the dress tickle my legs. I began to undress myself, eager to try on my dress but groaned as knocking at the door interrupted the glorious moment.

     "Coming—! Ugh, those stupid maids are so impatient." I say whispering the last part about the maids.

     I hear knocking a second time as I hid the dress and mask underneath my bed and quickly fixed my bed head last minute before opening the door.

     "What part of waiting do you not understand—" I quickly stop myself from continuing as I crane my head to look up at the tall skeleton. "Sorry Papyrus, I thought you were one of the maids." I apologize.

     "It's fine, Ms. (Y/n). I thought I would drop by to see if you were alright since I didn't see you early this morning—you're not sick, are you?" Papyrus questions.

     "No I'm fine, just slept in a little too long, that's all."

     I open the door wider and heard the subtle sound of bones shaking as Papyrus straightened himself.

     "(Y/N), your room is frozen! You'll definitely catch a cold in this temperature!" Papyrus walks into my room as he looks at the vents, checking for any warm air.

     "I'm okay, Papyrus—honest; the heater didn't kick in until a few minutes ago." I add.

     He then checks the windows to see if they were opened and was satisfied to see they were not.

    "Well, you seem to be right as rain so I will let you get back to what you were doing." Papyrus briskly walks towards the door.

     "Wait—" Papyrus stops and turns to face me with a look of curiosity.

     "...Have you seen Sans anywhere?" I ask.

     "He's busy at the moment planning our next gig, which reminds me, Sans and I won't be back until late tonight; there's some...loose ends the Venatores need to tie off." He pauses.

     "I take it that's all you can say to someone like me?"

     "I'm afraid so, sorry to leave you in the dark like this." Papyrus apologizes.

     "I understand, it's part of your job, after all."

     "Yes, well...I've left you your list of chores in the kitchen today so go tend to those as soon as possible." He leaves without letting me say a word as he closes the door behind him.

     Papyrus looked hasty and nervous more than usual; but it's normal to see him like this when he and Sans are about to go do a gig. My mind didn't have to wonder what Sans and Papyrus could be doing because for once, I knew where they were going.

     I change into my maid clothes and decided to not to wake up Chara and left her alone to sleep in the glass charm that hung around my neck that's tucked away under the collar of my dress that emitted a faint red glow. I finally leave my room only to be met with passing glares of other maids that knew I hadn't woken up the same time they did. As I walked to the kitchen, I noticed how busy the mansion looked; there were so many monsters hustling around in their dark blue suits. All the Venatores must be going to the show.

     As the day went by while cleaning the mansion, more and more monsters were leaving wearing fancy masks and suits as the other maids became curious and gossiped amongst each other about what they could possibly be doing. Some of the maids pointed out that it was obvious what the Venatores were doing since they had gone to town and saw the flyers all over the streets about Mettaton's Masquerade. The only thing all of the other maids including me didn't know was why the Venatores are going to the masquerade. I remember the conversation I overheard last night with Sans, Undyne and the two other monsters. I remembered how they never really said the reason of why they were going other than Papyrus 'feeling something in his bones'. Either way, the reason of going must not have been too bad.

     By the time lunch had ended hours ago, most of the mansion remained vacant except for a few monsters that guarded the main entrance and kept watch through the large windows of the mansion. Time was drawing near to secretly leave to the show but my heart began to pound and saw two large monster dogs at my bedroom door. The male dog continued to scratch at the door with his large paws while the female sniffed the edge of the door frame.

     "Can I help you?" I gulped nervously.

     The two dogs turn to look at me and ceased their sniffing and scratching.

     "Oh good, it's the human!" One of them barked as the other steps forward. "My name is Dogamy and this is Dogaressa. The boss wanted to make sure that you were fine before he went out."

     I was surprised to hear from the large dog that Sans wanted to make sure that I was alright, but it wasn't a surprise that he didn't come to see me with his own two eye sockets.

     "I'm glad to hear that Sans is concerned about me so why don't you go and tell him that I am fine and I'll be here in my room when he comes back." My choice of words and tone came out spiteful.

     The two dogs shifted uncomfortably where they were standing after what I had just said.

     "Sorry (y/n)-human, we're only doing our job." Dogaressa says worried.

     Dogamy and Dogaressa then leave as I close my bedroom door and lock it. I run to the bathroom to take a quick bath and decided to let Chara out of her glass charm. I release her from the confined space of the charm as Chara enlarges to her original size.

     'You know if Bella hears the water running, she'll sneak through the vents again and you'll have to take her back to Gaster.' Chara says as her soul looks as if it was stretching.

     "I don't think Gaster is going to make that same mistake again by letting Bella escape through the vents, Chara. I need to bathe anyways so I can look nice when I go to the show."

     After some quick scrubbing with the soapy sponge, I rinse off and drain the tub as I began to dry my hair off as well as I could with a towel along with the rest of my body. I couldn't hold in my excitement as I put on the black and purple fringed dress and slipped on the long black gloves that came with it. I smile as I lean forward and watched the beads and sequins sparkle in the light as I eventually got distracted and started swaying about, watching the fringe mimic my every move. Chara had to stop me from being distracted as I tried to think of a hairstyle that would look well.

     'Can you be any slower?' Chara complains.

     "I'm not trying to be! Would it kill you to be patient for once?" I say with a bobby pin between my teeth.

     I finished fixing my hair and was putting on the mask and tied the string around the back of my head, making sure the veil in the front was covering my face. The glitter on black made the mask appear to sparkle more while the silver colored antlers and leaves helped emphasized it.

     Chara floated around me to examine my appearance without saying a word as she left the room to check the time.

     'If you want a good seat at the show, we should leave now!'

     I pick up the empty glass charm connected to the soul string and put it around my neck. The red from the string and golden rim on the charm clashed with the black, purple, and silver but it was the only way to hide Chara in plain sight. I tap on the charm, telling Chara that she needed to go back inside.

     'Do I have to go back in there; it's too cramped and I'm not even sleepy. Can't we just use the soul string? That way no one will notice me.'

     "As nice as that sounds, you don't really have the strength right now to stay up all night with me after last night."

     'Bullshit, going to this stupid show was my idea, how is it fair that you get to participate in the fun except me!?'

     I sigh and thought about what Chara had to say and somewhat agreed with her.

     "How about this, I'll let you stay out of the charm until you start feeling tired. It's already dangerous enough that I'm a human going where there will be hundreds of monsters."

     'Yes! Finally some excitement!'

     I grab my purse and put the glass charm inside it as I connect Chara to the soul string with me. I've gotten used to the strange feeling of the soul string by now and was ready to leave.

     I pull out the ripped sheets from last night and climbed out the window like before. As I made it to the ground, I immediately ducked behind a bush just in case if someone saw me. I release Chara temporarily from the soul string to quickly float back up to the window where her tiny soul pulled the sheets back up into the bedroom so that way no one would know that I had left. She floats back down and connects to the soul string once more and I quickly left the mansion before anyone could see me.

I reached Snowdin city only to see the roads filled with cabs that were heading to Waterfall. This time I remembered to bring all of the money I had (which isn't much) and hail a taxi. I was in luck as one stopped at the curb for me and I stepped in and was greeted by a small white dog sitting in the back wearing a tiny vest and a mask in the shape of a dog treat. It looked happy to see me as it panted and wagged its tail.

     "Don't worry about the dog, I'm positive you're both going to the same place in Waterfall." The taxi driver said as he glanced at my outfit.

     I silently nod my head in agreement and stepped into the car, making sure that the antlers on my mask didn't hit the ceiling of the car. I slam the door and the car began to move but stopped not long after as we waited in the horrid traffic. I look out of my side window and saw other monsters wearing masks inside other cabs.

     "How long do you think it will take us to get to Waterfall?" I ask.

     "Don't worry, I know a shortcut that'll take ya straight to Waterfall." The taxi driver smiles through the rearview mirror.

     The driver stopped chewing on the toothpick he had in his mouth and spits it out through the window as it lands onto the sidewalk. He suddenly takes a sharp turn, leaving the rest of the busy road that remained packed. I began to worry as the cab driver went farther away from the city until he stopped at the edge of a river where a strange cloaked figure stood on a boat that had a dog face on the front.

     "This fella can take ya anywhere; he's faster than any other transportation in the Underground." Said the cab driver as he parks.

     "Why would you take us to someone that can do a better job than you?" I say hoping that I don't offend him.

     "Him and I go way back and we both agreed to split the earnings by working together." The driver smiles.

     The white fuzzy dog seemed to like the idea of getting to his destination faster and hopped out of the car while leaving behind three doggy treats as payment. I pay the driver extra and thanked him for the shortcut as I walked to the edge of the river where the dog was already sitting in the boat.

     "Tra la la. I am the riverman. Or am I the riverwoman...? It doesn't really matter. I love to ride in my boat. Would you care to join me?"

     As soon as I sat down in the river—person's boat, the cab drove off, leaving me with the strange cloaked figure and the small dog.

     Silence set in as the dog and I awkwardly waited for the Riverperson to start rowing until eventually they turned to look at me, reminding me that I hadn't told them where I wanted to go.

     "Waterfall, we're going to Waterfall." I speak up.

     The Riverperson started to move the boat as soon as I mentioned my destination and causing Chara to add rude remarks about how weird the Riverperson is.

     "Tra la la. Hmmm... I should have worn a few million more pairs of pants today."

     The white dog ceased his happy panting to stop and look at the Riverperson in confusion and tilted his head a bit to the right.

     The longer I stared at the dog, the cuter he looked in his black vest and bowtie and his doggy treat shaped mask. It came to the point where it became impossible to stop myself from wanting to pet him. The dog must've noticed my resistance towards petting him and encouraged me by nuzzling my hand with his snout. I laughed as the white fluffy dog rolled onto his back as he waited patiently for a belly rub. I take a glove off my hand to feel his soft fur as the dog's tail wagged eagerly for more petting.

     Only a few minutes had gone by from sitting in the boat and noticed how close the next boat dock was as the short journey came to a stop.

     "Tra la la. Come again soon. Tra la la."

     The dog waits for me to get off the boat first before jumping onto the boardwalk and bounds away.

     I enjoyed the sight of the glowing blue echo flowers and how it illuminated the large pond underneath me as I walked. After taking a few wrong turns, I found a sign that gave directions to the theater and gradually saw more and more monsters heading in the same direction. I made quick glances at monsters that had really nice outfits and masks as I walked past them while they all talked to everyone in their small groups they came with. I finally spotted the theater and the many monsters waiting in line to buy their tickets and silently groaned as I looked at the twisty line that stretched on.

     Great, by the time it's our turn to buy tickets they'll all be sold out! Chara complains.

     I was starting to agree with Chara about not being able to go to the show, but a familiar sound of barking distracted me from my doubts. I lean away from the line of impatient monster to get a closer look at who was barking. I gasped and saw the cute white dog that was on the boat with me. He was at the very front of the line holding his ticket in his mouth but didn't walk into the theater and instead, he began walking down the line of monsters and sniffing each and everyone of them. Some monsters were enjoying how cute the dog was while some grimaced or were disgusted by the dogs behavior as he continued to sniff down the line. The white dog was getting closer into view and noticed monsters trying to beckon him closer to grab his ticket from his mouth at the last second. The white dog growled and snarled at the thieving monsters who tired to take his ticket and ran farther down the line. The dog eventually saw me and bounded towards me in anticipation.

     "Hi there, cutie!" I say as the dog allowed me to pet him.

     The dog made a muffled bark with the ticket still in his mouth and placed it on the ground as he then pushed it closer to me with his nose.

     "You're giving this to me?!" I say surprised.

     The dog barked in response as I hesitated to pick it up.

     "What about you, you won't have a ticket if I take yours." I say sadly.

     The dog put his paw on the ticket that was still on the ground as his mouth reached into his vest pocket and pulled out his very own.

     "Aw, thank you! You're a very good boy to do something so generous!"

     I pick up the ticket and stepped out of the line and ignored the sounds of angry monsters complaining that a dog had given me a ticket except them. I followed my "date" to the entrance of the theater where a monster wrote down the number printed on the ticket and let us through velvet rope.

     I follow the dog into the lobby of the theater and was amazed by the sight of a large chandelier in the very middle of the room that hung on the enormously tall ceiling. I looked around more as I walked closer to where the performance would be, the decor of the theater looked like a victorian opera house with extravagant paintings on every wall, marble columns that mirrored every side of the room, and beautiful golden leave trimming that stuck out on the edges and corners of the wall. The dog and I walk into the main part of the theater and saw three story balconies on the edges of the room that were packed with monsters who probably paid extra to get a nicer view of the performance while others had to sit in seats at ground level  where the stage is.

     The dog began searching for someone to help us find our seats as he walked over to a small white monster that looked similar to himself.

     "hOI!!! i'm tEMMIE!! welcom to... da TEM THEETER!" The monster said proudly in their high pitched voice.

     As I waited for Temmie to tell us where our seats would be, I noticed that all of the other attendants looked exactly the same. They all were the same size and all had shoulder length grey hair and two sets of ears; one being cat ears and the other set being some sort of dogs ears.

     "yOU aRe BotH in... da FIRST ROW!" The monster replied enthusiastically.

     I was surprised that this dog was able to get front row seats. Once we headed to the very front of the stage, there was a light blue velvet rope draped across two seats with a paper that read 'Reserved for Toby'. The dog who's supposedly named Toby pulls the rope off the two seats as he jumps into one of the two seats down as I sit next to him.

     "So your name is Toby, correct?" I say as I adjusted my myself in my seat.

     The dog barks and nods his head and holds out his paw. I reluctantly grab his paw and shake it.

     "Nice to meet you Mr. Toby, my name is Ms. (y/n)."

     Idiot! Why did you give him your real name!? Chara scolds.

     'Toby is just a dog, it's not like he knows what a human looks like.' I mentally snap back at Chara.

     Oh great, now you're calling the dog by his name. She groans.

     'Why does this suddenly matter to you? You were fine with him sitting next to us in the car and on the boat the whole time.'

     —I've got a bad feeling, that's all.

     'You've got a bad feeling about Toby?' I say unamused.

     No, it's just—we barely got here and the show hasn't even started yet.

'Just be patient, I'm sure the show will start soon.'

     Chara reluctantly agrees with me as she goes silent.

     Toby attempts to have a conversation as he gruffs and made subtle sneezing sounds as if he was talking to me. I simply nod and smile all the way through the conversation; I didn't know what Toby was talking about but he sounded like he was having a great time. Before Toby could get caught up in his conversation, the lights dimmed and the orchestra pit hummed with the sound of instruments tuning. The same looking monster that helped us find our seats walks onto the stage to a short microphone stand that was beside an even taller one.

     "hOI!!! i'm tEMMIE!! welcom to da TEM THEETER!"

     The audience applauses as I clapped in confusion since the attendant that told us they were Temmie was wearing a different outfit.

     "tONighT we WiLL bE HoSTinG ouR faV pERfoRmeR...MS. METTATON!"

     The other Temmie leaves the stage as upbeat jazz music began playing and a woman wearing a golden dress and mask came out on stage, looking exactly like the woman on the flyers on the streets of Snowdin City. She smiles and waves and blows kisses to the roaring crowd. Her body features were very animated with a very small waist and wide hips, along with very long legs and a busty front that caused the dress to be more revealing. The crowd was loving Mettaton's look as many men whistled and cheered at her. As soon as the music ended Mettaton's quick introduction, the theater was quieting down but didn't completely as there was still subtle cheering amongst the crowd.

     "I'd like to thank you all beauties and gentle beauties for coming out tonight, you all look so pretty out there!" 

     I was mesmerized by how smooth and delicate Mettaton's voice sounded, it was obvious that she's a talented singer.

     "I'd also like to remind you all that photography is forbidden—unless of course they're pictures of me."

     Everyone enjoys the small joke and causing the audience to laugh. 

     The show starts as once Mettaton cues the orchestra for the first song. She started to sing a slow jazzy tune and the audience grew silent; everyone was taking in her soothing voice to heart. Her voice echoed beautifully throughout the entire cathedral as she sang along to the jazz playing orchestra. Mettaton eventually stopped singing and began to do a slow dance around the stage while a piano solo played, she softly hummed to the tune until the music came to a slow stop.

     The crowd immediately stood up and clapped as Mettatom thanked the audience. As she did, background dancers came from behind the stage all dressed up in black tuxedos and wearing simple white masks. Mettaton didn't wait for the crowd to settle down and the orchestra started up the next song. The background dancers started to tap their feet to the rhythm of the beat, their tap shoes mimicking the music perfectly. The song was more upbeat and happy feeling as soon as Mettaton sang to the catchy tune while the background dancers occasionally chimed in to sing. The crowd was happy and so was I as a handful of monsters stood up from their seats to dance. I look over at Toby who was having the time of his life and howled to the song. The song continued and more background dancers/singers came from behind the curtain to the point where the whole stage became a musical of happy singing monsters. Before I thought it could get anymore over the top, shiny confetti and streamers were falling down on stage and the song was coming to an end as the actors were running in to pose and putting Mettaton in the front center of it all. Mettaton held out the final note and stops just as the curtain drops and hiding her from our view. Everyone was having a good time as the crowd clapped, cheered and whistled.

     The energized crowd calmed down and soon got up from their seats once they saw the sign saying 'Intermission.' I slowly stood up to stretch and realized that I had to go to the bathroom before the line gets too long. I tell Toby where I was going as he made a gruff of approval and ran from his seat and heads towards the snack bar.

     As I walked to the bathroom while eyeing other monsters outfits and masks, I realized that I wasn't the most colorful of the crowd. There were tons women wearing light shades of color while the men stuck with black suits and occasionally there were the matching couples.

     How much do you think these monsters paid for these clothes? Chara says who couldn't believe what she was seeing.

     'I'm not sure, but I think it's obvious who spent the most.' I gestured to the large poster of Mettaton that hung on the wall.

     You got that right! Chara laughs.

     I try my best not to laugh along with Chara in fear that someone would catch me laughing to a conversation that involved telepathic talking.

     I reach the bathroom line in time as a wave of monsters extend behind me and stretching the line to a ridiculous length. I lean out to look ahead of the line and was relived to find that the bathroom entrance wasn't that far.

     Good thing we don't have to wait as long. Chara says, attempting to make conversation.

     'That's true—by the way, do you still have that 'bad feeling' you mentioned before the show started?'

     I'm okay now, I think I was paranoid that someone we know might find us or something.

     I thought about what Chara said and realized that I hadn't seen any monsters from the Venatores at all, unless I have and they were disguised very well.

     The line slowly moved forward inch by inch until I reached the very front and waited for a stall to open. As I awkwardly stood in the front of the line and dozing off, my thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a monster accidentally bumping shoulders with me and knocking my purse out of my hands.

     "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!" The monster apologizes.

     "It's okay." I tell them reassuringly.

     The monster apologized once more and picked up my purse and handed it back to me, but the moment I grabbed my purse, I felt something moving inside it. Curious to see what could be inside my purse, a stall door suddenly opens and forcing me to keep the line moving and walked inside. I close the stall door and lock it behind me as I fumbled with the purse's zipper.

     What are you doing, I thought you need to use the bathroom?

     'I think there's something living in my purse.' I say while unsure of myself.

     What!?!

     My heart rate instantly increased by Chara's sudden sense of dread.

     'What's wrong, Chara?' I say becoming uneasy.

     That feeling! That feeling I had before the show is coming back and I know what it is! It's the same feeling of when we discovered Bella—

     The zipper finally moves down as a bright light came out of the purse. I gasp at the sight of an orange soul floating inside my purse. My state of fear worsened inside the confined space of the bathroom stall as the orange soul tried to leave the safety of the purse. I struggle to grab a hold onto the stubborn soul as it moved away from my hand every time I reached for it. As the soul tried to find a way to leave the purse.

     Wait, did you brought that glass soul charm with you? Chara says with panic in her voice.

     'I did, but it's in the purse!'

     We can use it to trap the soul. Chara adds.

     I caught on to Chara's idea as I made an opening small enough to fit my hand inside the purse as I felt for the smoothness of the glass charm. The soul furiously bounced around the walls of the purse in hopes to free themselves while I frantically looked for the charm. I finally found it near the corner of the purse and blindly searched for the button to open it. The moment I felt the charm in my hand I feel for the button on the side of it that opens it. A faint sound of a click took place as the struggling soul stops moving and another clicking sound is heard and the bag goes still.

     Is it in the charm?

     I waited a few seconds before opening the purse again. I make a small opening and peeked inside, a wave of relief comes over me as I lean my back against the stall walls and pulled out the soul trapped inside. I take out the charm to examine any damage the orange glowing soul could've done to the inside of my purse and was shocked to find nothing else inside but my money and the single glove and bandana had disappeared. 

     'Chara—'

     What is it? Is something missing from your purse?

     'The bandana and glove we bought from Will last night are both gone.'

     Are you telling me those pieces of trash we bought was actually a soul!?

     'It would only make sense because that's exactly what happened to Bella when we found her as the ballet shoes and tutu.'

     How can that be? How come all of the souls we found were at some point, two random objects?

     'I don't know, but I do know that we need to leave now and take this soul back to Gaster.'

     The show was the last thing on my mind at this point. I shove the charm back into my purse and left the stall as quickly as possible and exited the bathroom. I walk into the lobby and out the front doors as I headed towards the same direction of where I came and silently prayed that the Riverperson would still be there.

     Do you think anyone at the mansion has noticed we left?

     "Not unless we get there fast enough before they have the chance to." I say out loud as I continued to walk faster.

    My walking soon became a jogging pace. I was close by where the Riverperson should be but a chilly scream stopped me in my tracks.

     "Don't kill me! Please don't kill me!" 

     A voice in the distance pleaded for their life.

"Shut your trap before I reconsider blowing your brains out right where you stand!" Another voice threatens.

     The commotion was coming from where I was heading to, causing me to slow down my pace as the voices became clearer until I saw three monsters in the distance. As I got closer, I hid in a nearby bush of echo flowers and watched with curiosity. There were two large monsters wearing matching suits, each wearing similar medieval knight helmets. The two monsters had cornered a smaller monster that looked like an old turtle as he clutched something close to his chest in fear.

     What are doing!? We don't have time to deal with someone else's problems! Yells Chara.

     'But he needs help, those two big monsters look like they're going to kill that smaller monster!'

     In case you've forgotten, (y/n), we live in a place where monsters work in dangerous gangs and mafias who do these kind of things for a living.

    I wasn't paying attention to what was going on between the three monsters anymore as Chara and I began to argue.

     We need to get back home and take this soul we found to Gaster before we get into anymore trouble!

     'I'd gladly do all of that except these three monsters just so happen to be in the direction of where we need to go!'

     There was suddenly a loud bang as I clasp a hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming and cause the bush of echo flowers to repeat my fear. The two helmet wearing monsters stared at the limp body of the turtle monster as the one of them began to search the corpse's coat while the other cleaned his hand gun and stick it back into his suit pocket. I watch through the bush of echo flowers as the monster searching the body pulls something out from one of the coat pockets. The monster chuckles as he held out what he found to his partner. 

     "I can't believe this geezer was walkin around with this thing!" The monster's partner takes the object from his hand to look at it.

     "Yeah, that old man should've known what happens to monsters like him when ya carry a human soul in your pocket."

     Chara and I were dumbfounded. The two men were turning around and walked away, giving us a clear view of the human soul. The soul was a dark purple, the intensity of it's glow flickered in fear as it struggled to leave the monsters iron grip before it was forcefully shoved into a jar that was barely it's size.

     "We better get back to the boss before the intermission ends, he's gonna be pleased when he finds we got this beauty here."

     By the time the men had disappeared out of sight, I run towards the body, making sure that what I had witnessed was real. I gasped and saw that the turtle-looking monster was barely breathing as he slowly turned into dust. The monster saw me looking as he reached his arm out towards me.

     "Y—you...must....stop—" He gasps.

     I kneel down at the dying monster side as I let him hold my hand to comfort him.

     "Stop what, what do I need to stop?" I say know that he had something very important to tell me.

     "...Asgore...is at th—" The turtle monster interrupts himself by coughing up blood.

     He tries to stop himself from coughing as he squeezes my hand in pain.

     "...Save...soul...from Asgor—"

     The turtle's head lowers with barely any strength left in him to move. His head never came up to finish his sentence as his grip loosened from my hand. His eyes roll to the back of his head as he let out his final breath, his body disintegrating into dust completely.

     I didn't know what to say; the poor monster used the last of his strength to tell me that Asgore is at the show and that those two monsters are going to deliver that soul to him.

     —(y/n), what are we going to do?

     "Those monsters stole that purple soul and said they needed to give it to their boss before intermission ended. Asgore must be their boss and waiting for those monsters right now." 

     But what about the orange soul we found? We'll be putting it in danger if we go back!

     I stand up and look at the pile of dust and back in the direction of where the theater is. My body was shaking with every step that brought me closer to the theater.

     "We got to find Sans and tell him what Asgore is up to. If we play our cards right, we can go back to Snowdin with two souls."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 1K 23
Sequel---- It's Over For Good (Y/N) is a 18 year old who left a Gang called The Royal Guard or as some people called it Mobsters. She is a trained a...
165K 7.7K 100
"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting calmly, in his chair and leaned over on...
1.4K 6 41
A human named Frisk went to Mt. Ebott and fell into the underground. She befriend all of the monsters of the entire underground but some monsters sti...
28.8K 486 12
(Complete!) **Warning Darlings~~!** This may contain mature content or serious topics (abuse/depression/violence.) Please be atleast 16+ to read this...