The Blade Princess

By FairySalvatore

Liahna is the Princess of Kingdom of Silverlights. While she pretends to be the gentle and shy girl, she is s... More

Prologue
--- Damsel in Distress---
--- Sold---
---One Trap to another---
---Training---
---Mistakes---
---Scars---
---Brutal Games---
---Shift of atmosphere---
---Trusting---
---Identity---
---The Coronation---
---Reason---
---Plan in Action---
---Dream and Nightmare---
---Finding a Purpose---
---New Enemy---
---Hunting Accident---
---The Healer---
---Painful Truth---
---The Masked Prince---
---Tournament Winnings---
---The Prize---
---Quest for the Cure---
---Price to Pay---
---Trust Issues---
---Exploring---
---Binders Curse---
---Excuses---
---Open Book---
---Double the Grief---
---Bargaining---
---The Champion's Ball---
---Back to Nevarlia---
---Soulmates---
---Damsel to the Rescue---
---The Bigger Truth---
---Wedding Dance---
---Call of Duty---
---Breaking the Illusion---
---Mistake of Healing---
---Imprisonment---
---The Auspicious Time---
---Escape---
---Vital Information---
---Divide and Manage---
---Going back home---
---One on One---
---Relicia---
--- Soul Trapped---
--- Filled with Wrath---
--- The glass coffin---
---The Cruelty of Fate---
Epilogue

---Layers of truth---

3.9K 351 65
By FairySalvatore

A spy. That was what Bretrarum was. His real name was Ivor, he was the  Prince of this Kingdom. At first, I thought that King was lying or that he was delusional. But he was not.

When the royal physician and a witch was rushed in to cure the Dark prince, no one hesitated or went in shock as they removed the mask. The Queen stood with a concerned look on her face on seeing the number of injuries on his body. 

For an hour they worked in silence treating him through herbs, needles, and spells and I stood there worried, my injuries paining more prominently now. I didn't dare move still unsure in the back of mind. He never told me the biggest truth of all.

He was a spy, a perfect liar who had fooled everyone around him. Lying was not just his skill, it was part of his life and of what he does. Did he not trust me enough to tell me that he is actually the Prince of White Magic.

"He needs to rest, he will recuperate within twenty-four hours." The physician said.

I wanted to step forward and say that I will take him but I felt more like an outsider now and I didn't make a move.

"Take him to his chambers," King ordered the witch and she bowed.

Before leaving she gave me a look of pity.

Now I was left alone with the King and Queen and it felt awkward.

"So you love him?" Is the first thing King asked and I was too shocked to answer.

I said I did but then if Bretrarum or Ivor whoever he was should have trusted me enough to tell me his secret.

But in all cases, I did love him.

"Yes, I do."

"Where did he find you?" Queen's degrading tone was enough to make my jaw tick.

"In a brothel." I gave her a twisted version of the truth.

Her eyes widened in disbelief.

"How could he..." She mumbled but the King stopped her with a glare.

"You have powers I have never seen," King said and I realized that my lie was not going to easily set in.

"I do." 

"And, do you know complete use of them?"

"Bret- The Prince is teaching me." I lied again.

He himself saw me going insane in anger in front of Henley.

"He has shown you his face?" King questioned and I carefully nodded.

Queen looked agitated through the whole thing.

"And did he tell you that he was sent as a spy in the Dark Magic Kingdom since he was fifteen. He went in as a foot soldier and earned the favor of the King."

No, he didn't.

I remain silent at this.

Among all the things I was feeling I also felt sad for the Prince. He was sent on a spy mission by his own family in the most dangerous enemy Kingdom. He has not lived with his family for a long time and he had no close confidant or friend. But who was the real Prince, the dark intimidating one known to be a ruthless killer or the one set out to be a spy for his Kingdom to eliminate the evil? 

"Why sent him as a spy? He could have killed the whole Kingdom in a blink." I asked.

"We don't spill the blood of innocent. And he was sent on a mission he accepted gladly. He had to be there as a spy and be his closest confidant so when the time comes he can use the sword to kill the evil King of Nevarlia."

King had no idea who the true evil was, he didn't know about Henley yet.

"I am tired and injured," I stated shortly not wanting to stand in front of them now, "Can I leave now?"

"We will assign you and your friend a chamber but don't think we will just accept your claim of the wedding," King said and having no option at the moment I just nodded.

"You can leave and Tibran will keep an eye on you and I will send someone to see to your injuries." He said.

Without bothering to bow I left immediately in a sour mood and with a heavy heart.

---

"So Healer, Dark Prince and Ivor are all same people?" Tibran whispered and I nodded.

He was one of the King's closest confidant and a white magic soldier in training. He was blessed by the moon goddess with the power of shapeshifting. Unlike practicing the dark magic, white magic is something you are born with and you can enhance it. Like Tibran was born with moon goddess magic of shapeshifting and sharp senses that came with being a werewolf.

In the absence of the Prince, he was the best in the Kingdom.

"He is the Prince then," Tibran said kind of with an affectionate tone.

"You knew him?"

"We played when we were kids." He said giving a small smile," He was like an elder brother to me but then he left and I always wondered if he was dead or alive."

Did Ivor remember that? Or did he pretend to hate Tibran in front of me? I doubted seriously if I will ever see through the layered person that he was and how willing he was to share them with me.

Tahira walked out of the room after sleeping for six hours straight. And I signaled Tibran to remain silent.

"Did you two actually got married or was it just a statement for the King and the Queen?" Tibran smoothly changed the topic.

"Well, we passed the test at the altar of King and Queen of Dark Magic."

"Woah, that is a big deal." Tibran said looking genuinely impressed," But honestly I am a little said."

"Why?" I asked surprised at this frown.

"If you passed and live to tell the tale, that means you two are fated. And that would mean I have no chance unless you are interested in an extramarital affair." He said with an impish grin.

Somehow it was infectious and even in that situation in made me laugh. Tibran had kept me company for the past twelve hours in this Kingdom even though he was a busy and important person. And though I got decent chambers I had no idea where Dark Prince was.

I had so many questions like what power was he born with, why he was so strong in Dark Magic and manipulation, what did he mean earlier about using his power once, was it Dark or White magic? But mostly did he not trust me enough to share his secret?

"My Lady, Prince calls for you in his chambers." Eirik was standing there giving me another shook.

"How are...why are you---?" I was trying to choose a question.

"I have been his bodyguard even before he left the Kingdom." He said explaining my unasked question.

I nodded and got up.

But before I was about to leave I turned to Tibran, his eyes shining especially in the moonlight.

"Thank you so much for not letting me die from boredom."

"Thank you for your presence..." He said and then frowned,"I don't know your name."

I can't say Liahna, I don't want to be known as the last of my bloodline.

"You don't have to say if you don't want to, I will call you Luna." He said with a smile.

"Moon Goddess." That made me laugh.

"We need to go, my lady." Eirik reminded in a strict tone that made me glare at him.

But I huffed and bid Tibran a farewell. It was not twenty-four hours yet, only someone like him can recover this quick.

---

It took me almost half an hour to reach Dark Prince's chambers but the whole path was too beautiful to grow tired of. I was kept far away from the Prince for some reason and while I walked with a silent Eirik I noticed that there was no one around at that time of night.

The trees were decorated with lights of fireflies and it felt like I was walking among the stars.

I crossed a pond filled with lotus glowing silver in the dark and a path of sparkling white marble decorated with lamp posts on either side. When the path ended we entered a long iron gate and I stepped on sand. I knew this was his practice arena, he taught me on the same kind of base.

Eirik kept walking for good ten minutes before we reached a large, white color castle too big for just a single man and this was my thought even though I was a Princess myself. At night, silver fluorescent butterflies were fluttering around the castle and it felt like I stepped right in a dream. 

When Eirik stepped right outside the courtyard, my eyes shifted from the beauty fo castle and the glowing butterflies to the flowers around us, a whole garden filled with baby breaths. But the image was shattered by six bulky guards in the courtyard, three on either side and attendant pacing in panic.

"Bless us all, she is finally here." He said.

He was a plump middle-aged man with a balding head, small nose and stressed look on his small face. 

"Please go in." He almost pleaded and I didn't hesitate to nod slightly at Eirik who thankfully returned the gesture.

I entered the room and saw the familiar face of the physician and the witch sitting there next to the Prince, who was sitting even though it was not twenty fours yet and looked pale and tired. And yet it hit me, he was without the mask.

His hair was gleaming and his devastatingly beautiful eyes held anger which faded as soon as he saw me.

"Sit down." He said and even though I wanted to retort but I obliged since he looked worried for some reason.

He gave a look to the physician who bowed and came to me.

"My Lady, can I take a look at your injuries." He asked.

And I decided to make a statement.

"I am sorry but I am not comfortable with that. I will only allow my husband to treat my injuries."

I saw a small sly smile on witch face while physician looked absolutely flabbergasted.

Dark Prince, on the other hand, was torn between frustration and amusement.

He sighed as I didn't budge and gave him a challenging look. He looked so absolutely handsome that I was shamelessly staring at him, at his messed up hair, his little opening on the white shirt with too many open buttons, his nose that I envied even as a princess and his lips that turned me into a lovestruck fool.

But I had to remember that I was angry at him for not trusting me enough.

"Leave." He said and immediately physician and the witch got up.

Bowing to the Prince and fear evident on their face, they left.

"You are feared even here," I said sourness evident in my words.

I didn't even care that I sounded angry, petty and sarcastic about the whole deal.

"Come here Liahna." He said in a soft tone that made goosebump rise all over me.

His tone had a sharp change around me, a tone he just used with me.

And I went to him even though my heart ached. I kept standing next to his bed feeling awkward all of sudden. When I didn't make a move, he sighed and grabbed my wrist pulling me down to sit next to him.

"You love me?" He asked and there was a hint of fear in his voice, very little but it was there.

Like this was a dream and it would break like he didn't hear it right. Like I cannot love him.

But I did, I don't know how it happened but I did. It hit me when I realized I can't lose him after having lost everything.

"Stop scratching that wound Liahna and answer."

I was subconsciously scratching a dry wound on my finger.

And then I nodded slowly not raising my head.

No one spoke for a few moments and I felt myself blushing. 

"Um...so you need to rest and I think I should leave," I said getting all nervous and flustered.

My anger was subdued and I was telling myself that I can ask him any questions later.

As I was about to get up his hand caught my upper arm again, keeping me seated.

"Liahna look at me." He said and my stomach somersaulted inside me.

But I turned towards him.

He was staring at me intensely and my heart was failing to function normally.

He let go of my arm and gently cupped my face while I was just nervous and blinked at him a little too much.

"I have never cared for anyone or anything more than you." He said and I guess it was his way of saying that he loved me too.

I was squirming under his touch, his intense gaze.

His fingers gently put my hair behind my ear lobe and I died internally because I knew they were red with embarrassment.

His lips lifted in a small smile on seeing them. At that moment, he was not intimidating even a slightest. He was warm, welcoming and kind of seductive.

"And slowly I will tell you all my secrets and stories," He said and I noticed hesitance in his eyes.

He was worried that I was angry at him for hiding a secret this big and I was but I just look at him losing my ability to speak, it was a miracle I was breathing.

"I need to kiss you right now Liahna so say something." He said with a tone of urgency.

"Kiss me then," I whispered not sure where the voice came from.

But then all the worries, the awkwardness was gone as soon as his lips found mine. The way he kissed changed, it was more intimate, more possessive now. My fingers clutched on to his arms merely to support my body going weak with his kiss. He pulled me closer deepening the kiss and my heart crashed against my ribcage.

Heat coursed through me as our tongues battle in the war of passion. His hands went from my cheeks to my waist possibly leaving no space between us as he pulled me even closer. He leaned closer making me fall back on his bed and his lips found a way to my collar bone making me gasp out loud. 

 He was weaving magic with those lips I admire so much from jawline to neck to the point where my neckline started. He stopped suddenly as if realizing something and looked up.

"Why did you stop?" I asked and then murdered myself mentally for saying this out loud.

This made him chuckle as his eyes darken with an emotion mirroring mine.

"Not till you know all my secrets." He whispered coming to a conclusion.

And then he left a lingering kiss on my cheek before getting up.

I also followed his suit slowly feeling embarrassed enough to die.

"Also, Liahna, don't get too friendly with Tibran if you value his life." He stated calmly giving me a small smile.

Foolish romantic girl in me held in my grin at his jealousy and nodded.

----

It's getting hot in here ;)

LOL...okay first of all this chapter is 2537 words so..BRAVO ME!

And many things will unravel in chapters to come.

Also, you will know more about Ivor, the Prince of White Magic Kingdom and so does Delia.

Get ready for an exciting chapter!

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY

P.S. Have you guys checked out EPIPHANY yet?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3 0 13
|| Free for Now || An unlikely couple is born from the flames of a war that consumes the entire fantasy Asian continent of Hesha, the two carving a n...
2.1K 56 11
Story about a broken girl and not so broken boy. ✴▫✴▫✴ Let's repair the broken.
34.9K 5.7K 65
(Featured on Wattpad Romance!) First book In the Discover Soulmate Trilogy Everyone is born with a true soulmate. At least, that's what Imogen's...
33.5K 3K 39
THE WEIGHT OF THE CROWN IS FEATHERS COMPARED TO A BROKEN HEART. After a heartbreaking betrayal, Raelle prepares to face the man she was falling in lo...