Happily ever After

By katepencil02

This book is based after Anna Todd's book After (not trying to copy it's just my addition. Vanessa is Tessa a... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight

Chapter five

24 2 1
By katepencil02

Oh how I love it when it rains, it's quit beautiful actually. It's fall so the weather is going to get progressively worse, but what's to be expected. I love fall. The leafs,sweaters,hot cocoa, and most importantly Halloween. I go crazy every year,my mom is usually gone for some book signing, so I have the house all to myself. This year is no different, Halloween is only three weeks away, and my mom told me she's going to be gone out of town for at lest a month, so I'm probably going to invite K over when the time comes but, for now I need to get up.

I really don't want to but I know I have to.

"Come on nessy"my sister yells from the bottom of the stair case.

I hate when she calls me that, we should always make up names as kids to call each other and we'll mine was nessy and hers was tally.

Don't ask.

"Don't call me that tally!" I yell and smile as I throw off my sheets.

"For heavens sake just wake up and get ready"

"Yeah yeah I'm up" I walk out of my room and wave towards myself and look at my sister "happy". I say sarcastically.

"No. Go get ready you look like a dang troll Vanessa"

Excuse me bitch I think I look cute...well maybe...not BUT that's not the point.

"I'm going miss perfect"I turn back to my room and in my closet.

"Thanks I know" I hear her say before she stomps off.

My mom told me she got clothes online for me. She said mine are too "old", I told her that I like my clothes how they are holes and all, she yelled at me till I agreed to wear her "clothes"she got me.

So here I am looking at the box I'm guessing nat put in my closet. I quickly open it and find stuff that looks very...tight, no not tight just not...me i guess you can't please everyone right?.

I'm not putting any of these clothes anywhere near my body so I'll just tell her I wore them, I love my mom but I hate how she wants me to be "hip" with fashion that's just not me and never will be. I would rather wear my mom jeans with a basic white t-shirt and black belt with black vans.

And I went in my closet and got just that, i look in my full body mirror.

It's cute it's comfortable and it's me.

Finally grabbing my backpack and heading down stairs. i see nat in the kitchen eating cereal.

" I'm just gonna get a protein bar,me and kat are going to Missy's then to school, so I'm just going to get something there" I say as I entered the kitchen.

"Okay be careful Vanessa"she says and looks at me with...sadness?.

Well that's weird

"Um...okay" I look at her with questioning eyes.

"Nat"I say and set on the stool by the island in the kitchen.

She looks at me like she wants whatever I have to say to be over.

"Yes Vanessa"

"What did drake come here for last night, he said that he wanted you"I look at my fingers than back up at her "are you hiding something?, if so please just tell me."

"Who" is all she says.

Why. Why is she not looking at me In The eyes.

"Drake from my class he's new I don't remember his last name" she still isn't looking at me.

What did you do Natalie young?

Whatever it is I'll get to the bottom of it that for sure.

"Don't know him maybe he came for" she quickly looks up at me then back down" um moms autograph" she smiles to herself like I can't see "Yeah for moms autograph that's probably what he wanted".

"He said he was looking for you Natalie" I say in a cold tone.

"Well that's just funny I don't know him"she laughs like she can't tell that I see right through this lie.

"Natalie stop lying" I say with a weak voice.

"Vanessa! I'm not lying! I have to go now, and so do you bye" she hurry's and gets up, before I know it she's out the door.

What the hell was that

Are they dating?. Omg that's it! They are so dating.no.no.no I hate him, please don't let that be the case. Suddenly I'm not hungry and I feel sick, great just great.

I see K pulling in so I go out of the house and get in the car.

"What happened to you last night K"I say in a sad voice.

"I told you silly just my mom"she starts driving and I see her in the sides of my eyes, she's sitting there looking like she saw a ghost.

"What is going on here lately" I look out the window and shake my head.

"What do you mean V? I didn't do anything if that's what your saying" she says with a nervous laugh.

Great now my best friend is lying to me

"That's not very convincing kris" I say with a laugh but I'm a little hurt.

"I'm not kidding my mom texted me last night asking if I could come home because she was um" she looks down at her hands "she's um going to leave town for a bit"

"Oh that's sad why is she's leaving"

I see her shuffle in her seat like she's uncomfortable.

"Oh just to visit family in a different state"

"And you didn't want to go?" I ask and see her turning to go to the cute coffee place we live by.

"It's the beginning of school I don't really wanna miss you know?"

"Oh yeah I understand"

"Hey V some of my friends are um" she really looks uncomfortable what's going on? "-Coming to Missy's with us"

Missy's is the coffee shop that WE always go to by our SELVES we don't have other friends than ourselves, so I don't know what "friends" she's talking about.

"Last time I checked I'm your only friend K" I give her a sweet smile.

"Well" she looks at me with a smile "not anymore".

"Oh"

"Yeah"

"Who are they?" I say with a frown

"Um I don't think you...really like them"great she's looking down at her lap again.

"Kristina"we NEVER call each other by our full names so this is...weird.

"Don't Vanessa you are right when you said I have no friends, and I don't want to lose them because my best friend doesn't like them, just because you don't have any other friends doesn't mean I won't."

Well there it is the truth it hit me like a train going one hounded miles and it hurt. Maybe I am a bad friend I never ever let anyone near her because I was afraid they would make fun of her, but that is just stupid she's beautiful and smart, she can handle herself. What was I thinking of course she can have other friends.

"Nessa I didn't mean it like that" we are now at Missy's but neither of us are getting out anytime soon.

"No Kristina you are right I hate it but you are right I've held you in too long its time to let go a little" I say and I feel the tears in my eyes but there's no chance I'm letting them leave my eyes.

"No I did the same thing V I shouldn't have blamed this all on you"

"But you're right you are always right kris" I let out a sigh.

"Kris" I speak up again

"Yeah"she looks over at me.

"I just really don't like them"

"Who?"

"Your new friends they made fun of me big time"

"I know but one of them in the group named Josh added me on Snapchat"she let out a sigh "and he said that they were goin here and to meet them, and to bring you to say sorry..I guess"

I just look at Kris and shake my head

"Just because I'm going with you to meet them doesn't mean I like them okay?"I say with a serious look.

"I know V just give em a chance okay?"

"Yeah okay" and with that I roll my eyes and get out of the car.

I start walking to my favorite coffee place and as soon as I step in the place and hear music playing,I love this little place.

"Hey he said there almost here and to get a place to sit" K says and sets down at a booth and I sat opposite of her.

"Okay" is all I mange to say.

Me and kris are talking for awhile then I look over her shoulder and see five people walk in two of them are girls and the rest are boys one girl has strawberry blond hair and is about three feet taller than me, I'm five one so she's not tall but not short. Then the other girl..oh great what was her name? Oh right, Jessica. Let's just say she looks like a fake Barbie and a little to orange, she walks up with her nasty fake blond hair moving in the way she walks. I see a guy that looks a little to much like Bruno Mars, he's hair is short and curly and his skin is a light brown color, I'm gonna say he's probably shorter than me but I might be overreacting. I see another guy that looks sort of tall and really strong..a little to strong. He has blonde hair and blue eyes,he's a pretty boy and I hate pretty boys.

Then there he is drake but he looks...different he looks older maybe?

Oh. My. God. He has tattoos a lot of them on his arms and one on his neck. This boy is something I wouldn't want to mess with that's for sure.

They all come over the one that is really short sets by my best friend, and then the strawberry blond stets to my right and Jessica goes to set by me then the blonde does before she can, and I set there awkwardly just looking at them pile in one booth, I see drake shake his head.

"Mason move. Now." Is all he says.

"No dude sit by your girlfriend"drake just mumbles.

"No room. Move" this time he laughes and moves.

"Baby you could have sit by me" Jessica says.

"No room Jessica"

"But bab-"she gets interrupted by drake.

"Not the time" he looks at her and gives her a death stare.

"Anyway" the one named mason says coming back with a chair from a different table and putting it at ours "what is your names?" He says looking between me and kris.

Kris looks at me waiting for me to answer and I just shake my head.

"Uhm well my name is Kristina, and her name is Vanessa" K says with a smile.

She's proud of her self

"Oh okay well my name is mason" he points to himself "this"he points to drake "is drake" then he points to Jessica "this is Jessica or Jess witch ever works" he says with a smile.

"Don't call me Jess" Jessica says.

Okay noted

"Okay anyway this is Isabelle" he points to the redhead besides me.

"And you CAN call me Bell I like it better" she looks at me and smiles then she looks back at the menu in her hands.

"This is josh" he points to the one by kris.

"Are you done yet god" queen bitch says. I roll my eyes and she can see that I did. Oh well.

"No I'm not actually, can I please sit there" mason points to where drake is sitting.

"No"drake says and rolls his eyes.

"Dude-"

"What can i get for you guys and girls today" the waitress says. her name is Betty by the way. Me and her we get along like peanut butter and jelly, she's like my second mom, and she's always there for me. Since I was five I've came to the same place, she's been working here for twenty years so she's been here everything time I come here.

"I know what you want V" the only other person that calls me by that is her.

"Pancakes with chocolate drizzle?".

"You know me too well Betty" I smile at her.

"Wow you aren't even going to give me a hug" she shakes her head.

"Of course" I laughed "I just forgot".

I move to get out of the booth, but drake doesn't budge."I need to get out please" I say in a sweet voice and a fake smile, he still doesn't budge."move"I say under my breath but he just shakes his head. Ok fine then I'm just going to slide over him. I move and hover over his body, I feel his jeans under me but i finally get out.

I give my second mom a hug, a long one at that."I missed you sweetie" is all she says and we finally stop hugging.

"I missed you more" I say with a smile.

"Can I order now" I hear Jessica say behind me.

"Yes hun what would you like."Betty says with a sweet smile.

I look to where I was sitting and I see drake moved so I can get in, that's weird I thought he would have stayed there like a statue, I guess not.

"Yeah I want the plain waffles" I hear her say as I get settled back in my seat.

"Same for me" josh says and looks at Betty with a smile.

"I want the blueberry pancakes with chocolate milk please" bell says in a sweet voice.

She doesn't seem like she would be friends with them, she's too...nice, from what I see anyway. I just met her so I'm not getting my hopes up high.

"French toast for me" mason looks at the menu, then closes it.

"I'll have the regular pancakes please" kris says.

"Surprise me" drake says to Betty, but never once does he have a smile on his mug face.

"Sounds good, I'll have it ready in about fifteen minutes!" She says then walks away.

"So have you ever tried there blueberry pancakes before" bell asks me with a smile.

"Yeah bu-"

"Honestly Veronica not a damn person in this booth-,no let me say that again not a damn person in this state gives a fuck what you think" Jessica rudely interrupts me, I'm not surprised.

"I asked her a question Jess, I was trying to be nice" Jessica rolls her eyes so far back I swear they are going to get stuck, thinking about it makes me laugh. They all look at me, and I feel strange.

"What are you laughing at?." Wow Jessica you think I'm actually going to talk to you, if so you got another one coming.

"Jeez Jess chill" josh says with a laugh.

She rolls her eyes again.

"Seriously Bella why would you try and talk to the freak" oh.

Shit this is bullying, great now I'm going to be known as the kid that gets bullied. Well I hit rock bottom.

"It's bell to you" bell says giving Jessica a long cold stare.

"Yeah whatever"

"Anyway" mason says to break the awkward silence that's been happening for some time now. "We have one hour till school dudes".

You see we got off three hours of school because of a parent teacher thing,anyway that's why me and kris wanted to eat out for breakfast.

"I find it kinda sad you know" Jessica says looking right at me.

I see drake in the corner of my eye shaking his head.

Oh boy what now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 776 41
Tinley Carter is a freshman in high school. And all she wanted to do was get good grades and hangout with her small circle of friends. Kyler Benson...
359K 11.1K 30
"My body and my wolf may want you but my brain and my heart don't." I said, proud of my words. "They will." ~•~•~•~•~•~ Weird, clumsy, smartass and b...
30 50 24
This book is all about a sixteen year old girl, Hailey Addison...a girl whose parents died a very long time ago...by accident or maybe not by acciden...
95 9 25
The mayor's daughter must work together with a badboy yet popular guy in her school on a project. She learns things about that changed her perspectiv...