An Angel In Hell (Dean X Read...

By Fanixxxx

You sold your soul in exchange for your mothers life.... Now Crowley saves a special spot for you in hell as... More

Deal
Reality
Proposal
Stranger
Hiding Place
Realization
First Sight
Chat
Meeting
Getting To Know The Hunter
Note And Accident
Nightmare
Interests
Sweet Dreams
Promise
Man In The Wilderness
Quick Stop & Hallway
Gates of Hell And Phone Call
Missing
Scar
Chamber
Flashbacks
Adjustments
AUTHORS ANNOUNCEMENT
Argument
Can't Be Too Careful
Betrayal
Escape
Catching Up
Guardian Demon
Deja Vu
Reunion
Deal?
Family Meeting
Author's Note
Burial & Roadtrip
Best Damn Psychic

Black Jack

3.9K 117 13
By Fanixxxx

The night was horrible, one of the worst nights of your life. Not because of the chair but because of all of the nightmares you had. The same dream again. You woke up dripping with sweat and a really bad migraine. " I need a shower." You grumbled throwing the blanket off of yourself and getting out of the arm chair.

Dean was still sleeping at the moment, looking peaceful as ever, as if he hadn't had a single nightmare. You grabbed a fresh outfit and headed for the bathroom. You turned on the water and removed your garments as the water warmed up. After a few moments you stepped inside, your body relaxing as soon as it hit the water. You began scrubbing away, your mind clearing away all of its worries.

Fifteen minutes later you were out drying yourself with a towel. You felt much better after the shower. You really hoped that the dream you had that night wouldn't be a recurring thing. You dressed yourself, brushed your hair and teeth and exited the restroom, expecting Dean to be awake now.

As you had predicted he was up, rinsing his face on the little sink next to your dresser. He opened his eyes and saw you through the mirror. He ran a hand through his face as he waved. "Mornin'." He said drying his face. "Good morning." You replied with a smile. Dean stared at you for a moment, he had been awaken in the middle of the night by your whimpers. He noticed that you had been having nightmares. He contemplated asking you about last night but didn't want to bother you or seem like a creep so he kept quiet.

"So you're back." He said drying his hands and putting the towel back in it's hook. "Yeah." You said swinging your arms back and forth, clapping your hands when they were in front of you. "How'd it go?" "Um it was.... terrible, why lie to you. We talked over a glass of whiskey, but then I told him that I wanted him to show me around, and he took that as a yes for his offer and kissed me and it was gross but I had to go with it you know? So then he began to give me a tour of the place? But I absolutely learned nothing because he kept showing me thousands of torture rooms and when he was finally going to show me the good stuff, we were interrupted by one of the stupid demons! And now Crowley is going to be gone for the next couple of days." You finished your rant with a huge sigh. 

Dean had a dumbfounded expression on his face. "Yeah, I know." "Well, sounds like we're gonna have to wait it out." He shrugged. "Yeah." "Good news though, no one's said anything about your escape so that's good." You smiled. "That's good." Dean chuckled.

"Alright well, it's going to be a long couple of days." You began as you slumped on your bed. "We can't really go out or do much." You began. "But! We can play cards!" You said jumping out of bed and digging through your dresser for your old deck of cards. That thing had been your best friend on the most boring of days. "Cards??" Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah, you know, Black Jack, Spoons, Goldfish?" The hunter rolled his eyes. "I know card games!" He crossed his arms taking the deck from your hands. "Careful! That thing is one of my most priced possessions!" You snatched back the deck. He gave you a 'really' Face. "A deck of cards? Really?" "Hey I get bored a lot down here. "Alright alright, did you say Black Jack?" "Maybe..." you glared at him.

"Lets play then!" He clapped his hands, propping himself against the side of your bed. You chuckled walking over to you leg rest and pushing it over to where Dean was to use it as a table. You walked over to your mini fridge and pulled out two beers before plopping yourself across from Dean. "Here." You said handing him the beer. "Thanks." He said once again amused. "Alright, you're dealer."  You said handing him the cards and taking a swig of your beer. "Sounds good." He took the deck of cards and began shuffling them. "Oh wait I don't have playing chips." You frowned. "Um, do you have something that we can use?" You thought for a moment. "Oh, I know!" You said jumping on your feet and running to the other side of the bed. You grabbed a little trashcan filled with beer caps from all the beers you had drank in the past. "We can use these." You said seating back down on the floor. "You drank all of these?" He gave you a skeptical look. "Like I said, I get bored a lot." He pursed his lips into a line. "Alright then are we gonna play or not?" You said annoyed. "Yeah Yeah, you divide the chips while I shuffle." "Okay."

While setting up, you and Dean agreed on how much different brands of beer caps were going to be worth to give the 'chips' some value. You gave yourself two hundred dollars worth of beer caps and gave the house the rest due to the small amount of beer caps you had. Finally everything was set up and you were ready to go. "Just saying, I have pretty good luck in Black Jack." You smirked trying to intimidate the hunter. "We'll see about that sweetheart." He winked, giving the deck one final shuffle before putting it to his left. For your starting bet, you placed down fifty dollars worth of beers caps. "Cocky much?" He said placing a single card faced down in front of him, then gave you your first hand of cards. You chuckled looking down at your cards, you had a six and a four. Good start. He then revealed the card he had first placed in front of him and left his second one facing down underneath. His first card was a nine. "Hit me." You said confidently. He raised an eyebrow, sliding a new card in front of you and revealing it. It was the Ace of diamonds. He pursed his lips once again, glancing at you before revealing his second card. It was another nine. "Beginners luck." He said glaring at you and pushing your earnings towards you. "I'm not a beginner." You joked. "You know what a meant." He grumbled. "We're only getting started, come on place your bet." Dean said crossing his arms in front of him. You added twenty five dollars to your previous bet. "Hmph." Dean chuckled. "Okay then."

He proceeded to hand out the cards. This time giving you an ace and a king. "Black Jack!" You cheered. "Alright Alright, here you go." He pushed your earnings towards you once again. "Thank youuu." You said receiving them and picking up your hair into a messy bun. "Let's continue." He said clearing his throat, waiting for you to place your bet. You put out fifty dollars in the middle. He began to hand out the cards, placing a six and a seven in front of you then revealed a queen from his cards. "Hit me." You nodded. He placed another six next to your cards , giving you a total of nineteen. You waved your hand, signaling him that you were going to stand there. He raised his eyebrows, turning over his second card. He revealed a king. "Yeah baby!" He cheered, pushing your money to his side. "Alright, fair and square." You nodded as you clapped.

The both of you continued playing like that for hours. Drinking beer and betting beer caps. Dean had won a couple of games but you won majority. It was the most fun you'd had in years. You were actually glad to be spending the next couple of days with Dean, he was starting to grow on you a little bit, maybe a lot but you tried to ignore it and keep your relationship with him professional.

About five hours later, you and Dean were laying side by side on the ground. The 'table' was a mess, with beer caps everywhere as well as a couple beer bottles around and cards. Dean was laying cross armed and you had an arm folded under you head for support. The both of you just starred at the ceiling in thought. "What has it been like, living here for three years?" Dean said breaking the silence. You swallowed before answering. "Torture. Obviously nothing compared to the people actually being tortured out there, but it's been really bad. I have to clean up the torture rooms and follow orders all the time. And worst of all, sometimes I can't even sleep from all the screams. I get nightmares because of them. And the worst thing is that I can't do anything to stop them. Sometimes I feel guilty because there are innocent people out there suffering and I'm over here not doing so bad." Dean shifted so that he was facing you. "Hey there is no reason for you to feel guilty, you don't deserve being placed in a torture room." He said furrowing his eyebrows. "You didn't either." You shook your head, shifting towards him and gazing at his forest green eyes.

He looked at you for a few moments before answering. "That's just the way life is sometimes sweetheart." He slid a strand of hair that was resting on your face behind your ear. "Well then I'm glad I got you out of there." He grinned sliding his hand off your face. "What about you, hows the hunter life?" You smiled. Dean sighed. "Well, it has its ups and downs as you can tell." He chuckled, you joined in. "But it's also very rewarding. Sam and I have saved the life's of many people around the United States. We stopped many things from happening and well it brings me peace knowing that some people are still alive and doing well because of me." He gave you a soft smile. "I like that." You nodded. "Yeah." You both continued to gaze at each other's eyes, your faces slowly inching closer. Your lips were about to connect when you suddenly pulled away with a nervous chuckle. I can't. You sat up sliding your hair behind your ear. "We should probably go to sleep." You said with a tight smile. Dean sat up with a frown. "Yeah, good idea." He nodded with a chuckled. You stood up and headed for the restroom, leaving Dean on the floor.

You closed the door behind you, slowly sliding down to the floor and leaning against the door. You really couldn't, you knew that if you started developing feelings for him he would just turn into another guy who used you for their benefit then left.You knew it would happen, so it was better to avoid getting your feelings hurt. You changed into your usual pijamas and did your nightly routine, instead of letting your hair down you put it up into a French braid. When you walked out of the bathroom, Dean was waiting for his turn. He gave you a tight smile as he walked past you. You returned the favor, glancing at him then proceeding to clean the leg rest. You removed all of the beer caps and beers and put them in their corresponding trash can. Finally, you grabbed your deck of cards and placed them back inside your dresser. You sighed, pushing the leg rest back into you arm chair and throwing your blanket on the chair. Dean walked out of the bathroom, noticing your set up on the arm chair. "I thought you slept better with the extra room." You shrugged answering his question. "I don't mind, but thanks." He briefly smiled. You nodded crawling onto the chair and covering yourself with the blanket. Dean turned off the room lights but left the bathroom one on. You were thankful for that. "Good night Dean." You said wrapping yourself inside the blanket. "Good night (y/n)." Dean responded, laying on the bed and turning his back towards you.

You sighed closing your eyes and trying to relax, attempting not to think about the nightmare from the previous night. Instead you thought about the fun day you had and tried to come up with ideas for new things to do the next day. You finally grew tired and decided to give sleep a shot. What a day. Was the final thought you had before you drifted to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 627 25
After a year and a half as the Winchester's companion, Y/N finds herself tangled in their messy world of demons, psychic children and an unavoidable...
197K 7.6K 43
#1 WaywardSon (April 2019 & September 2019) #1 SpnXReader 🧂 (March 2019) #1 WaywardSon (March 2019) #1 in DEANXREADER! 🖤 (August 2018) #1 in IMPAL...
157K 5.3K 41
Y/N was a civilian who lived a pretty straight-forward, boring, apple-pie lifestyle. She was incredibly smart...in fact, despite her being so young...
206K 5.9K 57
Alex lives a crappy life. And she know that. But in the blink of an eye, everything changes. She suddenly finds herself in a new world, a world of de...