Trade

By LexTheAuthor

Aaron Turner had come to terms with his bisexuality at the age of fifteen. His first real relationship was wi... More

Trade
Preface
Chapter 1. Steal His Man Challenge.
Chapter 2. Love Lost.
Chapter 3. Best Thing I Never Had.
Chapter 4. Lonely.
Chapter 5. Differences.
Chapter 6. Trust.
Chapter 7. Family Affair.
Chapter 8. I Need You.
Chapter 9. Heart For Sale.
Chapter 10. The Boy Is Mine.
Chapter 11. Dilemma.
Chapter 12. Homies.
Chapter 13. Ex Factor.
Chapter 14. You Don't Know Me.
Chapter 15. Do The Right Thing.
Chapter 16. Wild Thoughts.
Chapter 17. Only You.
Chapter 18. Through It All.
Chapter 19. Always.
Chapter 20. XO
Chapter 21. Watch Your Back
Chapter 22. All The Wrong Things.
Chapter 23. Baby Daddy.
Chapter 24. Just The Two Of Us.
Chapter 25. Malik & Aaron.
Chapter 26. The Understanding
Chapter 27. Hundred Reasons.
Chapter 28. In Too Deep
Chapter 29. Fake Love
Chapter 31. Hard Truth
Epilogue
Trade Book 2 Out Now

Chapter 30. Consequences.

22K 885 1.9K
By LexTheAuthor

Aaron Turner

-

"They're gonna kill us Aaron, I didn't wanna die like this" Saint said. He was attempting to add some humor to his voice but I could sense by the way his voice was shaking that he was actually scared.

"We'll be alright" I said feeling him shift. We were tied up in chairs with our backs facing one another.

The ropes were too tight and I was trying to keep from moving so much because it was hard to breath.

"You've gotten us into some fucked up shit, but this is a whole entirely different level!" Saint snapped at me.

"Shut the entire fuck up. I'm trying to think and you keep talking my fucking ear off. You aren't going to die!" I shouted at him.

Saint got quiet and the door to the room we were in opened. I turned my head slightly and watched as a chubby man entered with a smirk on his face.

I tried to sit up straight as he walked over to us and I carefully turned my head following him with my eyes.

Without warning he slid on a pair of brass knuckles and punched Saint in the face. I heard something crack and Saint groaned but tried to hide his pain.

"You gotta hit us when we tied up, but you couldn't do it if one of us was free" I pointed out getting his attention.

"Fuck you mean? I'm not afraid of a gay nigga, you not even cut like that" the man taunted.

"Let me out of the ropes" I said as he stood in front of me. The man smirked to himself and walked out of the room.

"Ron, what are you doing?" Saint asked sounding like he was in a lot of pain.

"He was gonna keep hitting you and you didn't deserve that. It's my fault you're here and if anyone is gonna take an L today, I'll take it" I said staring straight ahead.

"We don't know what these people are gonna do to us. Isn't this the same guy that tried to have Moses raped and then he showed up at our apartment all beaten up and bloody? Moses can actually fight Ron" Saint said shaking his head.

I remained silent as the man returned with someone else and they both walked over to me.

The man pointed a gun at Saint as the ropes were loosened and I was able to get free. I was yanked out of my chair and Saint had ropes tied back around him.

"You wanna fight?" The man asked getting in my face and I forced a smile.

"We can" I replied as the gun was turned from Saint to me and I lifted my chin up some.

"Let's go. James wants to see this" He ordered as I was pushed out of the room.

I glanced over my shoulder at Saint who was watching me in horror as I turned the corner.

"You wouldn't have to die if Moses was man enough to come back and face what he did. He thought talking to the police was all good and James wouldn't find out. He's a grimy dude and you stupid for taking the fall for him" The man said in my ear as he walked behind me.

The hallway was dark and long with a red exit sign being the only light we could use to get around.

I kept my hands out at my sides and as I walked the gym shorts I was wearing hit the side of my hand and I felt the pocket knife in my pocket.

Mistake number one was not patting me down and mistake number two was underestimating me because I like men.

They opened a door and shoved me into a room with clear tarp that covered the ground. I caught my balance before I could fall and once I stood up straight I noticed James who was looking down at me.

He held Sienna in his arms and gently bounced her while she sucked on her pacifier. Once she saw me she reached for me and James pushed her hands down.

"I gave you a warning and you decided this was the life you wanted to live" James said as he looked me over with disgust.

I remained silent and my eyes followed the men who brought me into the room. One picked up a metal pipe and the other placed brass knuckles onto his hand.

"Hopefully Moses is willing to die for you too" James said as he handed Sienna off to a woman I didn't know.

I cracked my neck as I stretched out and they laughed like I was a joke.

"Don't kill him, but bring him as close to death as possible" James said before snapping his fingers at the woman and they both left out of the room.

The man holding the pipe swung it at me and I jumped back and punched the man wearing the brass knuckles in the face.

His nose made a crunching noise and my knuckles began to throb. I watched him stumble back. The man holding the pipe ran at me and I move out of the way nearly sliding in some blood that was covering the tarp.

I didn't know whose blood it was and I was a lil nervous to find out.

"He broke my nose!" The man yelled as I looked around the space.

"Quit crying about it and help me catch him" The other man yelled. They split up taking each side of the room and I tried to run through the middle once they got closer but the man holding the pipe swung and hit me in the back.

I dropped to my knees gripping the area as he swung again and again bringing me down on my stomach.

I turned over on my back and tried to block but he hit me in the arms and stomach with the pipe.

The man wearing the brass knuckles dropped down on top of me and started to punch me in the face.

"Oh he's done" The other guy said as his friend kept swinging on me.

I reached down and pulled out the blade and jabbed it into the mans side. His eyes widened as I spit the blood from my mouth at him and kept stabbing in his side until he fell off of me.

His friend watched in shock as I ripped the blade out and when he tried to come from me I kicked him and tried to crawl away.

The man lifted the pipe up and swung it down hitting me in my back and I felt something crack.

The door to the room opened as blood dripped out of my mouth. My eyes were blurry from the tears welding up in my eyes that I was trying to keep in.

There was no mistaking the tall light skin figure though, I knew a bitch when I saw one.

"I thought James said not to kill him?" Deejay questioned them.

The man that I had stabbed was gripping his side and groaning as dark red blood started to leak from his body.

"Oh he fucked you up" Deejay commented once he saw him.

The man holding the pipe dropped it and went over to help his friend.

I rested my head down taking hard deep breaths as I watched him drag him out of the room leaving Deejay and I alone.

He squatted down and I shivered from the chill I felt as I spit out more blood.

"Get up" He ordered and I looked at him for awhile and clutched the blade. He stood up and stomped down on my hand until I let it go and kicked it away from me.

"Stand up!" He yelled and I used my strength to lift myself up and brought myself to my knees. I had never felt pain like that before and I had went through some shit as a kid.

Deejay watched slightly amused as I closed my eyes and gripped my stomach trying to get to my feet.

He got tired of waiting and grabbed me by my shirt yanking me up to my feet before throwing me up against the wall.

"I'm surprised you aren't crying" He said and I forced a smile causing more blood to come out of my mouth.

"I use to hurt myself all of the time, I love this shit" I responded as he grabbed my head and slammed it into the wall and let go of me.

I slid down the wall as my vision blurred a little bit and the throbbing in my head started.

"I could kill you now" He said pulling out his gun. I listened to it click and tried to look up at him.

"I'm not scared to die, do what you gotta do. Just let Saint go, he's only here because of me" I shrugged.

Deejay held the gun up at me and I tilted my head back pressing it against the wall and took a few deep painful breaths accepting my fate.

"Look at you trying to puff out your chest" he mocked as I leaned my head over to the side some.

"You didn't ever like me, it ending like this isn't shocking" I replied weakly.

Deejay went to respond but caught himself as he lowered the gun.

He walked over and pistol whipped me in the face sending me falling over. I coughed and gripped my chest as it became hard to breath.

Deejay gripped my face and turned my head to the side so that I wasn't choking on my own blood.

"That's for when you put hand on me in the car. But, I'm a help you get out of this" Deejay said after awhile.

His words didn't register right away as I laid on my side gasping and trying to take in as much oxygen as I could even though it was painful.

I clutched myself as he left out of the room and shut the door behind him. I struggled for a little while trying to take my shirt off and eventually used it to carefully dabbed at my mouth.

Kaine would probably judge me because of the situation I'd gotten myself in and then clean up my mess for me.

Malik probably wouldn't say anything, he'd just take care of it and silently tell me I wasn't shit.

I was always the weakest link out of my brothers, the one that always needed saving, no matter how old I was and they were usually there.

I pushed up against the wall and raised to my feet and struggled to regain balance. I struggled to walk to the other side of the room and let out a loud grunt when I leaned down and grabbed my blade from the ground.

The door opened after I'd pocketed it and Deejay entered with Saint who was rubbing his wrists.

My best friend took a step back when he saw me and I could barely see his facial expression since shit was so blurry.

"Something don't feel right" I admitted as more blood came out of my mouth and I stumbled backwards a bit.

Saint ran over to me and stopped me from falling back on my ass.

"What did they do to you?" He questioned while Deejay poked his head out of the door.

"I just keep bleeding and I don't even know where the bleeding is coming from" I said touching his white T-shirt with my hand and smearing blood on it.

"We not gonna be able to get him out of here like this, he's too hurt" Saint said as he forced me to sit down on the ground.

Deejay remained silent and slipped out of the room without another word while Saint looked down at me.

"I don't know if we can trust him. He's loyal to these people and he's never shown he could be trustworthy, why now?" Saint whispered.

"I agree, but what choice we have?" I groaned as I laid back on the tarp.

I was starting to feel light headed and dizzy, I wanted to take a nap. My head was killing me and if I moved or did anything again I was probably gonna burst into tears.

"I'm dead weight, just go" I ordered shoving Saint once he squatted down beside me.

"How am I gonna look your family in the eyes and tell them that I left you behind? Either we both leave or we don't" He said as I shut my eyes.

"You been mad at me a lot lately, I didn't think you'd care" I struggled out.

"You're like my brother, we're like twins and I didn't want this for you. It was cool to watch when we were younger and your brother was in the game, but now we adults and I see all of the flaws. We use to just read comics and talk about dreams for hours and now look at us" Saint explained as he shook his head and I heard him sit down.

I looked at him for awhile and went to respond but I didn't have the energy to say anything. I knew he was right, but my eyes were too heavy and it felt like I didn't have the strength to voice that to him.

-

I woke up to Rowan wiping my face with a sponge, she was doing it gently and jumped back when she saw me opening my eyes.

"Don't move, I'm trying to clean the blood out of your eyes and hair" she said before I heard her dipping something.

She brought the sponge back up to my face and the more she wiped the clearer my vision got.

"Saint?" I questioned noticing she had a cut above her eyebrow and her eye was black.

"He and Deejay went somewhere, please be still" she demanded as I tried to get up.

She was the type to try and touch me in my sleep and she really wanted me to relax.

"I don't trust you" I said as I struggled to get up but pain shot through my body.

She roughly pushed me back into the bed and straddled my lap so I'd stay pinned down.

"You're making this harder than it has to be. I'm trying to help you!" She snapped at me.

I grew still as she finished wiping my face off before she placed a warm towel over my eyes and eventually got off of me.

"I'm gonna wash your hair" she said and soon I could feel my hair getting wet.

"Don't I need to be sitting up?" I asked with a groggy voice. She was only getting the bed I was laying on wet.

"Can you sit up?" She asked sarcastically and I grew silent.

I tried to move my left arm when I realized I was handcuffed to the bed. I shook it a few times and tried to pull but I only hurt myself.

"I thought I was dying earlier and now I wake up handcuffed to a bed. What happened?" I questioned.

"You got your ass beat, you were too weak to try and escape. My father was told of your condition and ordered for you to be brought up here and cleaned up, you're not dead because he wants to use you to get Moses to come out of hiding" Rowan explained.

"I feel like shit. I might as well be dead" I mumbled and she frowned.

"Moses is going to come for his daughter and he's gonna come for you too" Rowan tried to explain but I turned my head.

"What's the point? He's going to be given an ultimatum, it's fucked up but it's life. As long as Saint gets out I don't care what happens to me" I said and she stopped washing my hair.

"You don't care what happens to you? What about your family that's gonna mourn you? Don't they matter?" Rowan asked.

"They'll eventually heal from it" I said avoiding her gaze and she sighed dropping the sponge into the bucket.

"If he had to pick, he'd choose you and we both know that" Rowan said getting up.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and she rolled her eyes like what she was saying made sense.

"If Moses has to choose between you and Sienna, he would pick you. He loves her because he's obligated to love her and it's the right thing to do because she's his daughter, but he chose to love you and if you died that's something he could never heal from" She said.

Before I could respond she held her hand up to silence me and left out of the room with the bucket.

I tried to move my sore arm but I remembered I was still chained to the bed and the angle was making my arm hurt worse.

My body felt like deadweight at this point, like it didn't belong to me.

Rowan wasn't even gone for a few minutes when the door opened again and James stepped inside with a familiar man who wouldn't even look me in the eye.

"I'm surprised you aren't crying and begging for your life. I thought this would be a lot more dramatic" He commented while Hassan finally made eye contact with me.

"Well, would crying make you let me go? Whatever you do to me, you'll get that shit back" I said lazily as I shut my eyes.

"I got the police on my payroll, your brother does anything and they'll lock him up for life" James taunted.

"Yeah, that'll stop him" I said sarcastically while keeping my eyes closed.

I heard James laugh and then I heard the door open and slam shut. When I opened my eyes I noticed Hassan was still in the room.

He looked nervous and like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was.

My eyes followed him as he walked around the room like he was plotting something.

"This shit was planned from the beginning right? The reason why you showed up in my class that day and the reason you tried to get at Moses?" I asked.

"I didn't know this was what he wanted to do, I just wanted his acceptance" Hassan tried to explain and I rolled my eyes.

"My mother raped my father and that's how I was created and now he doesn't want shit to do with me in a fatherly way and she's dead. If you want me to feel sympathy for you because your father is treating you like shit, you won't get it" I said bluntly.

It was like I ran out of fucks to give and I realized why Kaine was so reckless with his mouth. There's only so much bullshit you can take before you just get tired and don't give a fuck.

"I don't need you to feel shit for me" He said and I chuckled and tilted my head.

"Then do what you came to do nigga and stop explaining yourself to me!" I yelled.

Hassan punched me in the face and I spit back at him not being able to do much else.

"I don't give a fuck whether you live or die, it was nothing personal - just business" He said through gritted teeth as he spit back at me.

I shut my eyes and didn't move for awhile as his spit dripped down my cheek. When I opened my eyes again he took a step back in complete fear and I knew the way I felt on the inside was showing on my face.

"Okay" I said in a low tone. I couldn't help the way my eye twitched because I really wanted to end his shit.

I really was tired of everything going on and wanted James to do what he felt like he had to do. There was only so much somebody could fear impending death before they really didn't care anymore.

"Is the fag still alive?" I heard Deejay ask from the other side of the door and I slowly tried to sit up but couldn't because of the pain.

Hassan said I was and soon the door opened and Deejay walked in leaving it cracked so he could see and hear if anyone walked up as Hassan left out.

"He spit in my face" I said groggily and Deejay looked down at me like the evil nigga he was.

I really didn't trust him, all I wanted was to be up from the bed and I'd handle that shit later.

"Funny how things change. You low key deserve this shit, you didn't know a struggle and everything came easy to you. Yet you still chose to get involved with this" He said and I laughed and struggled to turn my head.

"Why does everybody keep saying that? You don't know my struggle or what I saw growing up or what happened to me. Everything was handed to me a few years ago but that doesn't erase trauma. I didn't stop wetting the bed fully until I was seventeen - you tell me how normal that shit is" I said humorously as I shut my eyes.

"I thought you was just pissy. What happened to you anyway?" Deejay asked and I kept my eyes shut.

"I can't talk about what happened to me. I've never told anybody about it, not my brothers, not Moses, not Saint and not my therapist. So what makes you think I'd ever tell you something like that?" I asked cutting my eyes over at him.

We stared at each other for awhile speaking with our eyes for awhile and Deejay broke eye contact as his eyes grew glossy.

"I can relate" He said as he moved his shoulders up and down to shake whatever he was feeling off.

"That's why I just be avoiding therapy, it's why I am the way I am. You never wanted to give me a chance, you were jealous I was with Moses and we all know why" I pointed out.

"Nigga what are you implying?" Deejay asked growing angered and I shrugged.

"That you wanted his dick" I said and he made a face of disgust and shook his head.

"Nothing like that, my brother is gay and my parents were cool with it. So why would I need to pretend with anyone?" Deejay asked.

"Because you were scared" I replied. He went to speak but just kept shaking his head.

"I'm not gay. Moses is like my family" he said through gritted teeth as the door was pushed open.

Deejay's demeanor shifted and his eyes grew a little darker as he watched me closely.

"Boss asked was he awake" The man said and Deejay glanced over his shoulder at him.

"He just woke up, I heard him in here crying" Deejay said and I rolled my eyes.

He might have been trying to help me but he was still a bitch for this.

"The boss wants to speak with you. Expect an impending attack from his people" the man said to Deejay who nodded.

He glanced at me briefly before unlocking one of my arms and leaving out of the room. The door shut with a slam behind them and I shifted a bit.

Part of me wondered why I hadn't been killed yet. I could handle anything so them beating up on me wasn't gonna break me - they had to come harder.

I used my free hand and gently pressed down on my stomach, I barely was pressing on it and it hurt like hell.

I sniffled and used the little strength I had left to pull myself up in the bed. The room was empty except for the bed and as much as I yanked against the handcuffs it didn't budge.

Moses was coming eventually though, if not for me than for his daughter and that means Angelo would come for Saint and I and we'd be good.

I took a couple deep painful breaths trying to stay calm but the more I thought about my situation the more my breathing sped up until it felt like I couldn't breathe anymore.

I wanted a vacation after this shit, a real vacation while I tried to regain mental stability because something wasn't right.

Moses McKinley

-

"I allowed Aaron to invite you for a reason, where the guns at?" I questioned Gucci who stood off by himself.

He did a double take when he realized I was talking to him and disappeared out of the room as I put a bullet proof vest on.

"Let's think about this for a minute" Amaru said reaching out to touch me until he saw my gaze.

"What is there to think about? They took Ron and Saint" Angelo said and I nodded.

"But there's a baby there, we can't just show up shooting when your daughter is in harms way" Amaru continued.

"That's not my problem" Malik replied coming into the living room holding an automatic.

Amaru went to speak again but Josh raised his finger to his lips silently telling him now wasn't the time to be self righteous.

"I wanna say he's not evil enough to kill a baby, but I've been wrong before" I said as Gucci returned with a duffle bag and dumped out all of the guns and shit on the table like it was nothing.

"This where they at" Angelo said showing me on google maps from his phone with something in my memory clicking.

Back when I first got cool with James he used to bring me on runs with him when he was linking up with kingpins. That was a place I knew like the back of my hand and one of the things I knew was how much of a torture chamber it was.

He'd take the competition there and dispose of them. I placed my hand on my stomach once I felt it drop and I tried to keep from throwing up at the thought of James cutting Aaron up.

"We gotta go, now" I said through clenched teeth and Angelo lowered the phone and looked at how in distressed I was.

"I'm a need you at a hundred percent, all I got is my crew, you and Malik. I don't know what the other ones are capable of and we short staffed. I can't have you thinking with your heart right now" Anglo scolded.

"What if he's dead" I said with my voice cracking as I raised my fist to my forehead and tried to snap out of it. Before Angelo could say anything else to me I left out of the living room to try and pull myself together.

Malik followed me outside and I took a real deep negro spiritual sigh. I turned to face him in case he tried to sneak me or some shit.

"We both care about the people that were taken. Not only was Aaron taken but Saint who is like another little brother to me and your daughter. We can't let emotions cloud our judgement" Malik said to me as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"What if I gotta make a choice and we can't save everyone?" I asked looking to him for some guidance.

"Angelo and I will be there so you don't have to make a choice. We just need you all in to watch our back, no offense to Amaru and the nigga he with but that's dead weight" Malik said and I laughed harder than I thought I would.

"Sienna is my daughter, but Ron is everything and I'm trying to take myself out of that mindset. It's just he's always been there, held me while I cried my heart out because my daddy was beating my mom. I was 14 and-" I said as I began to cry while shaking my head.

"You feel guilty because that's who you'd save?" He asked and I couldn't meet his gaze. I didn't and couldn't say no shit like that out loud or even think it.

"I got Aaron, don't worry about him. Do the right thing and then give her to somebody who has the time for her. I know you want to be a good father and you're trying but sometimes that's not good enough" Malik said as his gaze shifted to the ground.

"I can't" I said shaking my head and he shifted as he watched a car drive passed us with the windows rolled down and a family bopping to some white ass music.

"I always knew Aaron was my son. Our situations are different but it all comes down to doing what's best for our kids and sometimes that doesn't always mean that them being with us is for the best. She is always gonna be a burden to you, deep down and it's going to eat you alive" He said.

"I'm not you. I can't just toss my kid to the side and live a lie - I wish shit was different. I wish my mom was here to guide me but it's like i'm all I got. My family only want me for my money, one of my sister's don't fuck with me at all and the other one is a dickhead. I killed the brother I was closest too and my brother Michael betrayed me. I'm all I got and people wonder why I am the way I am, this why I cling to Ron" I stressed.

It was like I had been fighting with myself since I was a little fucking kid. I fought my sexuality until I couldn't anymore because I was afraid to just say I was gay, I thought maybe I could force myself to still be into women but that feeling just not there like that.

It made me angry and adding that onto how the shit in my life played out was the reason I almost lost myself awhile back.

I couldn't even be a fucking father because just like I was when I was pretending to be straight I was forcing this shit. I keep thinking that eventually the instinct would kick in and I could do right but my kid is nearly one and i'm still not attached

"I'm not shit and i'm never going to be shit. Let's just get this over with" I said attempting to push past Malik but he shoved me back.

"Don't talk like that, you got people that care about you, you got a life to look forward to" He said and I made a face and stepped back.

"I don't have nobody, my mom is gone! The only family that still fucked with me, turned around and fucked my wife so the baby might be his! I been in and out of jail since I was a lil boy because of shit my father was making me do. None of y'all know what that shit felt like to be innocent but doing time because you a kid and your family think the judge is gonna be more chill on you since you so young so you gotta take that charge. I can't go to school or get a decent paying job in a field I'd be good in. This is my reality and y'all don't get it because I hold that shit inside and I never asked for sympathy from nobody" I cried.

"I think you can go to school even if you're a felon. You just can't go after certain degrees that would give you a certain type of authority but I'm not sure" Malik asked and I shook my head while pushing tears away.

"I did the research, I can't be a lawyer so what's the point?" I asked and he sighed.

"When we get Ron out of this shit I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you out if you asked. It'd be good for the both of you and he'd be happy you're trying to do something else with your life" Malik said as I hiccuped.

"And what about Sienna?" I asked and he looked down for awhile.

"You think parents who give their kids up for adoption don't love them? They know they deserve better and they know they can't give them that, whether it's emotionally or financially.. sometimes both. My only regret is I was too young to do that for Ron, he had to stay in this situation because I was still a child my damn self" Malik said.

He must have said something else because when I looked at him his mouth was still moving but my brain had blocked it out.

The door opened and Angelo held my phone out to me and placed it on speaker. I grabbed it from his hand and looked at the familiar number knowing who it was even though the number wasn't saved.

"I'm not even gonna threaten you Deejay, I'll see you when I see you" I said into the phone as I walked back into the house.

"See you threatening me but I'm trying to help you out. Let's just say I saw the light" Deejay said in a low tone like he was trying not to be heard.

"The fuck you talking about? You took Ron?!" I asked and Amaru walked over to me.

"I didn't take him, but I didn't stop it from happening either. You know you got a reputation as a snitch since you went to the police and tried to set James up. Now your name is being dragged through the mud and everybody know about that situation. There's a hit on you, so if James doesn't get you soon somebody else will do it" Deejay explained.

"Where's Ron?" I asked ignoring everything he said and he sighed.

"He's in a room chained to a bed. That's all I can tell you unless you promise we cool and give me immunity when y'all bust up in here. I been taking care of his soft ass and Saint - they good" Deejay said.

"Don't believe him. He set me up and pretended like he was against James before, he even helped me steal his drugs but when James showed up he pretended like he ain't know shit about what was going on and I barely got out of there alive" Amaru said and Deejay sighed.

"I'm a changed man, I've had a change of heart and since Camry is gone I'm not getting any pussy and it's kinda boring. Plus, James flipped on Moses easily so whose to say he won't flip on me next" Deejay responded.

"Alright, I give you immunity, just tell me what's up" I said and before Amaru could say anything else I gave him a look to be cool.

"You gotta swear on Aaron's gay life" He said and I clenched my teeth and looked away like he could see me.

"I knew you were lying. You was gonna try and kill me anyway huh?" Deejay asked.

"Nah, of course not" I said while rolling my eyes. Everyone followed me back into the living room where the guns were and I reached onto the table and grabbed a handgun.

"Where's my daughter? Is she okay?" I inquired and he cleared his throat.

"Yeah, she's with James though so you not gonna be able to just grab her without killing him" Deejay warned.

"Don't even worry about it, that fat nigga is dead" I said through gritted teeth.

Deejay stuttered as he tried to explain to me how this shit wasn't his idea. I wasn't trying to hear that though, I hadn't did nothing to his bitch ass but he kept fucking with me constantly to get my attention and now he got it.

I been trying to be cool and come to terms with my sexuality and just make a lil money on the side, but everybody kept fucking with me and now that I had reached a breaking point people wanted to play both sides.

"Nah, you're a man so stand in the shit you caused. I don't need anybody trying to make deals, you get what the fuck you deserve my nigga, and if anything happens to Ron I'm a kill your brother and your mama" I said almost like I was possessed as I stared straight ahead at the wall.

Deejay went to say something but I hung the phone up and glanced at Angelo who was holding a gun.

"I was gonna let Skye live because she got a daughter and she really didn't piss me off as much as him. But nah, make a phone call and have somebody back in NY take her out too. That hoe gets no love" I replied and Angelo smirked.

"That's the Moses I know" Angelo said as disappeared to handle that.

"Don't she got a kid?" Amaru asked me and I slowly glanced over at him.

"I don't give a fuck" I said with a shrug as Malik stood off in a corner watching me but remained silent.

"These guns are clean, my connects are legit. I told him this was for war and he gave me all the good shit" Gucci said and he began to tell me about each unfamiliar looking guns I saw.

I picked up a gun and aimed it at the wall before lowering it as I put it on safety and tucked it into my pants.

"What you want us to do?" Josh asked like his adrenaline was pumping.

"Not to get killed. This shit moves quick and if you can't handle it, maybe you need to stay behind" I said looking from him to Amaru.

I could tell Amaru didn't want to come, not because he didn't care but because he wasn't built like this.

He could kill someone if he were in fight or flight mode but not if it was something that was being planned out and he knew it was coming.

I waited for him to back out but he only looked at Josh and remained silent like he didn't want to seem like a coward and so I let it be.

-

I raised a bottle of Lager to my lips and took a few sips from the beer before taking a hard swallow and half listened to what Angelo was saying.

"They're, we're gonna save them" Angelo said as he watched the clock like there was only so long he could keep saying the same thing.

"I know" I responded before taking another sip and Angelo stopped during his sentence and walked over to me.

I took a final sip from the bottle before extending the bottle out to him and he slapped it out of my hand sending it flying to the ground where it shattered.

"If you die it'll be because of your own stupidity and all of this would've been for nothing" He said and I nodded my head.

"You right" I replied as I looked away from him and turned my gaze to something else to distract myself.

I was trying to pull myself together the only way I knew how. I didn't do well under pressure and here I was with a pile of pressure on my shoulders.

I kept wondering if Aaron was alive or if I'd ever see him again. I kept thinking about what would come next after this - I didn't have much money and if he asked me to leave I wasn't sure if I would.

It was all I knew, it was what I had been raised for and where all of my skills were.

"All hell nah, he about to get us killed" I heard Amaru complained as I came out of my thoughts.

Everyone was staring at me with looks of concern as I burped and cracked my neck.

"I'm fine, I got this. I can do this" I said confidently and I heard Josh humming to himself like he knew it wasn't true.

Amaru silently told him to cool it before he started something and I turned back to look at Angelo who was in deep thought.

There was a knock on the front door and Malik went to get it taking a gun with him.

Angelo had this look on his face like he knew who it was and he didn't even have to say anything because I just knew as well.

"You all have me fucked up!" I heard Kaine's loud ass voice boom as he entered into the beach house.

"Why you called him?" I questioned lowly as Kaine stepped into the living room.

"Aaron brothers are high key fine as fuck, they parents might've did something" Josh commented to Amaru.

"Where is Aaron?" Kaine questioned looking around the beach house and I took a seat on the arm of a chair.

"You didn't tell him?" I asked Angelo who grabbed a lighter out of his pocket and began to flick it back and forth while watching his cousin.

"He And Saint got kidnapped because of Moses, we trying to get him back" Angelo said nonchalantly.

Kaine began to laugh like it was a joke. It wasn't until he shared a look with Malik who wasn't laughing that he knew it was serious.

"I told that nigga repeatedly to get his shit together. I got a second chance to live my life over and now I'm about to risk it all to save him" Kaine said shaking his head.

I remained silent and glanced down at the tattoos that covered my hands.

"I'm sorry, I greatly underestimated the situation" I admitted while twiddling my thumbs.

"You are sorry and you're a fucking dumbass. This isn't just your fault, I blame Aaron too, you both being together just makes your intelligence go down even more" Kaine commented.

"Where does all your anger come from? Is it a height thing?" I asked curiously and he squinted his eyes at me.

"Do you take me as a fucking joke?" Kaine asked as he stepped toward me and Malik got between us.

"I feel like that was a trick question" I replied watching him grit his teeth.

Malik led Kaine out of the room while everyone got real quiet.

Gucci began to whistle while he pulled out a couple clips and sat them on the coffee table next to their respective gun.

"You wilding" Angelo laughed after a brief pause and I agreed with him.

"I'm trying to relax and not worry, I don't need him busting up in here pointing fingers" I said as I cracked my neck again.

"I mean he's not wrong, his delivery is off but what he said wasn't wrong. You're just in your feelings right now which is understandable, but we got this" Angelo assured as he slapped his hand down on my shoulder.

I bit my lip being able to still taste the liquor and just nodded my head because that's all I felt like I could do.

"Yeah, I might really die out here today and I'm cool with that. I wonder if I got kidnapped would everyone wanna come and save me" Amaru said and I raised an eyebrow while Angelo coughed and excused himself.

"Wow, that's fucked up" Amaru muttered as Josh wrapped an arm around him and kissed his forehead.

"I got you baby" he promised as he held him close. I ignored them and walked over to the couch before plopping down.

I looked at all of the guns that sat out while opening and closing my legs repeatedly just thinking.

Even if Deejay was being sincere about looking out for Aaron, I still had to kill him. He'd done too much shit to come back from and I'd never be able to trust him.

But maybe he'd had his wake up call and maybe we could make amends and go back to how it was when we I was just starting out.

The only real friend I felt like I had was Aaron and that wasn't healthy, I was even out here trying to force the game on him when I knew he could never sell drugs or be out in the streets like I was.

When Kaine came back inside he still looked like he had a problem, but I wasn't gonna even start with him.

"You don't want better than this? There's more out there than living like this" Kaine said softly as I looked away to avoid his gaze.

"I don't want to struggle. This is the only way I know how to provide" I admit as I let out a shaky breath.

"I can give you a job" Kaine replied as I still didn't bother to look at him.

I remained silent and he sighed and roughy grabbed me so that I'd looked at him.

"You're not doing this because you want to be a provider, you're doing it because you want to continue to live this life and it's sad. You don't want better for yourself, my brother deserves better than this and when he finally grows up and realizes that - he'll leave" Kaine said as he let go of me.

I glanced at Angelo who had his back to me like he was purposely avoiding the conversation.

I felt like he probably agreed with him but didn't want to sound like a hypocrite and that shit made me feel sick.

"You gave me this responsibility, this is your fault" I muttered walking away from them.

"It was actually your father's fault for nutting in your mother, he fucked you up" Angelo replied.

I heard a slap and figured Malik probably slapped him up for talking shit.

I couldn't deal with this shit anymore, I just wanted to rescue Rob, fuck him a couple times and then make him disown his family.

Authors Note -

Comment & Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.6K 29
[WARNING!: This is a boyxboy story, if your a homophobic this book is not for you!] Anthony Benton is a 18 year old boy about to graduate high school...
Thuggin BoyxBoy By Keemy

General Fiction

66.3K 1.7K 13
Trey and Tay are well known in Atlanta for being the best dope boys ever. Girls love bad boys. So you know all kinds of girls are trying to get wit...
56.7K 3.2K 24
Profligacy ~Reckless extravagance or wastefulness in the use of resources. ~Licentious or dissolute behaviour. Growing up as the heir to one of th...
8.8K 650 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...