Healer

By STANDARDTHOUGHT

As a former concubine to the emperor, Jimin has been through enough hell to last him a lifetime. But when the... More

Prologue: Jimin
Jungkook
Familiar Strangers
Panic
Healers' Home
Small Changes
Stubborn
Liar, Liar
Memories
Secrets Don't Keep
Relief
People Who Care
As A Friend
Time
Other Peoples' Business
Shared Suffering
Does It Ever End?
Quiet
Night Musings
Mistakes
Dangerous Misconceptions
If You Can't Help It...
Healing
Two Steps Forward
Epilogue: On The Right Path

Explosion

1K 58 0
By STANDARDTHOUGHT

He had to come back to the house, eventually, and when he did the man was still there, smiling and talking avidly with Yoongi as Seokjin set out food on the table, which had been extended to create room. Jimin paused in the back doorway, then moved to go to his room, but he wasn't fast enough.

"Jimin. Where have you been?"

Jimin shrugged, biting his lip and trying his hardest not to look at the table.

"Look at me," Yoongi said.

Jimin obeyed, eyes flicking to the newcomer, and Yoongi's brow furrowed. He stood, moving around the table, and Jimin, without thinking, stumbled back, slamming into the sliding door in his haste to create more space between them.

Yoongi paused. Tension radiated between them. "What's wrong?" Yoongi asked, softly.

Jimin chose to look at his feet instead of the other men in the room, his face heating as his hands shook, jerking even when he clenched them into fists.

"Jimin--"

Jimin whipped the door open and ran, slamming it behind him.

A dark, cold room. Torn clothes. Pain, radiating from the base of his spine. Fire burning in his stomach.

"Min!" Taehyung called.

Jimin slammed his bedroom door shut, slumping against it. Air rasped in and out of his lungs, but even as his chest heaved, as he tipped his head up, trying to suck in more air, his heartbeat wouldn't slow. The door jerked behind him, and he flinched, whimpering.

"Min, what's going on? Let me in. Min?"

Jimin planted his feet and shoved his back against the door, shuddering under the weight of the memories. His head began to throb, and he let it fall against the door, feet slipping as Taehyung tried to force his way in.

"Jimin, open the door!"

"No!" Jimin yelled.

"Why?!"

"No!"

Taehyung quieted, and Jimin swallowed hard, legs finally giving out. The resulting thud restarted the argument.

"Please just let me in!"

"No!"

"Jimin!"
"NO!"

"Jimin please!"

Jimin opened his mouth to reply again and instead let out a loud cry of pain as his shaking legs cramped, stiffening up in less time than it took him to breathe.

"Jimin!" Taehyung shoved the door, and this time Jimin just rolled out of the way, afraid he would be crushed into the wall. He dragged himself away from his friend by his arms, chest heaving, and Taehyung immediately dropped onto all fours as if sensing his fear, reaching up only to flick the light on before he began approaching him slowly.

"Min, what's wrong?"

Jimin stared at him over his shoulder, eyes wide, but he couldn't see a thing. He wasn't sure whether the lights had blinded him, or whether he was just too panicked to focus, but there was only a blob of color moving closer to him, and he couldn't separate reality from the memories, the horrible memories crashing over him--

"Jimin-ah..."

"So you were hiding in here this time...?"

"Min, look at me."

"Why are you crying? I thought you wanted him dead?"

"C'mon, look me in the eyes."

"You'll never escape."

"You're safe here."

"You deserve to die for what you did to him."

"You're safe, I promise."

"This is all your fault."

"Breathe."

"This is all your fault!"

"What's going on up here?" 

Final Stretch. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 331 22
in which jung hoseok and min yoongi are a couple. park jimin has feelings for min yoongi and in result, he is diagnosed with hanahaki disease. will h...
2.5K 89 24
Jimin had been living on earth for what must have been centuries now. He had lost all hope long ago. He was floating in a sea of despair when suddenl...
55K 3.3K 46
Jimin is confident, bold, sexy, a little arrogant oh- and bisexual. He doesn't care what other's think or say about him. He has perfected the mask th...
4.5K 384 29
Yoongi has been to more foster homes than years he has lived. They are all the same, the abuse and the hatred; it never changes. So, when he arrives...