Healer

By STANDARDTHOUGHT

As a former concubine to the emperor, Jimin has been through enough hell to last him a lifetime. But when the... More

Prologue: Jimin
Familiar Strangers
Panic
Healers' Home
Small Changes
Stubborn
Liar, Liar
Memories
Secrets Don't Keep
Relief
People Who Care
As A Friend
Time
Other Peoples' Business
Shared Suffering
Does It Ever End?
Quiet
Night Musings
Mistakes
Dangerous Misconceptions
Explosion
If You Can't Help It...
Healing
Two Steps Forward
Epilogue: On The Right Path

Jungkook

2K 94 4
By STANDARDTHOUGHT

"Hello, I'm Jeon Jungkook."

Jimin nodded, looking down at his hands as the young man sat down in front of him. He had fluffy brown hair and soft brown eyes, and as they sat he couldn't stop fidgeting. It reminded Jimin of his younger self, just a little bit. Even that memory seemed painful. 

They both sat cross-legged in the receiving room on thin cushions, accompanied only by the light from the window and the soft, relaxing scent of the incense. Somehow even that couldn't help the tension drain from Jimin's sore muscles. He wasn't sure why this visit had been arranged, but he wanted it to be over as soon as possible. 

He needed to sleep. 

"The monks told me you couldn't speak," Jungkook said.

Jimin picked at the straw mat and didn't answer.

"I'm part of a team of healers in the next town over. They've agreed to let you stay with us, for a bit."

Jungkook paused. Jimin stared at him, barely breathing. It had to be a nightmare. It had to be. They said he was a visitor, he thought, how could they lie to me like that?

"Jimin-ssi."

Jimin shook his head. Jungkook sighed, shoulders sagging.

"It isn't for long. Just until you're healed."

Jimin shook his head harder, shrinking away from him. He couldn't do it. He couldn't leave the temple. How could they do something like this to him?

"Hyung," Jungkook said, his voice breaking, "You'll be fine, I promise. No one will hurt you."

Jimin turned to face the paper screens covering the window. Against his will, a tear dripped down his cheek, and he scrubbed it away, curling into a ball and burying his face in his arms. 

After that, Jungkook didn't seem to know what to say. 

I never know what to say for these. Does it distract from the story? Maybe I should share fun facts about its creation, since it's been through ten drafts already? I don't know. 

This chapter is really short, though. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

R By YGsBlackCat

Fanfiction

9.9K 793 11
"Memories are the worst form of torture." The news of Min Yoongi's car accident has spread worldwide and the company of HYBE has announced that due t...
130K 4.7K 53
🥇12/2/19: #1 in 'yoonminangst'🥇 "I'm not going to give him the power to hurt me. Never again." -Jimin *** "I don't want to lose him. I can't. Neve...
784 50 6
Min Yoongi and Min Jungkook are brothers.(I'm sorry I had to change Jungkook's surname due to the plot) Due to a freak accident, Yoongi's life turned...
4.7K 384 29
Yoongi has been to more foster homes than years he has lived. They are all the same, the abuse and the hatred; it never changes. So, when he arrives...